• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

LTWood12

edit edit: Ruin Wings are so pretty:

giphy.gif

WONGZ

GhaleonEB

We're already there. Just about every pulse in the game is terrible without counterbalance and/or a stability perk. The Hakke pulses have to have both. SUROS ones can get away w/o counterbalance. But that eats up 1-2 perks right there.

I don't even know where to go from here. Lower Aim Assist? Decreased range? Slower fire rate across the board?

Pull a tool from the Halo 3 tool belt, and embrace the BR nature of them: add bullet spread. One bullet fires dead on, the others fan out slightly as the distance increases, to limit their effective range. Maybe it's already there and I haven't noticed, but it seems like whatever spread is in place is from the recoil, not underlying trajectories.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
We're already there. Just about every pulse in the game is terrible without counterbalance and/or a stability perk. The Hakke pulses have to have both. SUROS ones can get away w/o counterbalance. But that eats up 1-2 perks right there.

I don't even know where to go from here. Lower Aim Assist? Decreased range? Slower fire rate across the board?

If I had to guess I would say they'll probably nerf base damage and leave everything else alone. Who knows. I'm pretty cynical about Bungie's abilites here. Although they did do a good job getting ARs to somewhat of a sweet spot.

LTWood12

I miss the old shader system. Class items take Shaders. Exotics don't. Silver wings are the hottest wings.

All my class items look terrible. Especially that damned neon green one.

Titan Class Items by and large are pretty awful. I prefer the smaller, less gaudy ones like Spirit of Saturn.
Spirit_of_Saturn.jpg

New totem cheese:

The totem section before the warpriest is one of the easiest parts of the raid, with a coordinated fireteam. Some people cleverer than I decided that wasn't good enough, though, and discovered a method that pretty much cuts the time of a smooth run in half, with less risk of dying or making mistakes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3sfo1n/kings_fall_is_pretty_bulletproof_as_far_as/

Credit to Milkham for the link.

Swords break encounter design, again.

Kyne

Titan class items never shaded. Even in year 1.

We have always been shunned.

Our pent up rage has ignited in the form of a hammer.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_2loygr9cqn28cgwkck0s8ow4g_640.gif

Pull a tool from the Halo 3 tool belt, and embrace the BR nature of them: add bullet spread. One bullet fires dead on, the others fan out slightly as the distance increases, to limit their effective range. Maybe it's already there and I haven't noticed, but it seems like whatever spread is in place is from the recoil, not underlying trajectories.

I've said since Day 1 that this should be a stat for pulse rifles.

Titan class items never shaded. Even in year 1.

Patently untrue. The Speaker's Legendary one's didn't. Everything else did. Check these out:

18771331508_bce2f59691_b.jpg

Titan Class Items by and large are pretty awful. I prefer the smaller, less gaudy ones like Spirit of Saturn.

I actually think many Titan marks are excellent. I loved this one:
Mark_of_the_Pilgrim_Guard.jpg

That mark + Cryptographic. Gold & white armor and that mark became a royal red. I was sharp as hell. Here's the concept art for Titan marks. I want more of this please:

joseph-cross-jc-ts.jpg

Kyne

Patently untrue. The Speaker's Legendary one's didn't. Everything else did.

That mark + Cryptographic. Gold & white armor and that mark became a royal red. I was sharp as hell. Here's the concept art for Titan marks. I want more of this please:

joseph-cross-jc-ts.jpg

right..

my rage made me forget about those.

Who the hell decided to make everything pvp related neon green anyway. The HM shader too?!

Instead of that weird ass neon green highlights on the HM shader they should have replaced those parts with the Taken Ghost shell-shader. Would have been amazing.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

I may be WAY OFF here, but my impression from all these balancing revelations that rarely come out of Bungie is that there seems to be a limited amount of knobs and dials in their current weapon system that can easily be adjusted. All the more detailed attributes seem tied up or consolidated with other, more broad variables so it limits how creative they can get with changes without rewriting the code base. We may not see play with what you're suggesting until Destiny 2.

Kyne

Patently untrue. The Speaker's Legendary one's didn't. Everything else did.

joseph-cross-jc-ts.jpg

right..

my rage made me forget about those.

Who the hell decided to make everything pvp related neon green anyway. The HM shader too?!

Instead of that weird ass neon green highlights on the HM shader they should have replaced those parts with the Taken Ghost shell-shader. Would have been amazing.

GhaleonEB

I may be WAY OFF here, but my impression from all these balancing revelations that rarely come out of Bungie is that there seems to be a limited amount of knobs and dials in their current weapon system that can easily be adjusted. All the more detailed attributes seem tied up or consolidated with other, more broad variables so it limits how creative they can get with changes without rewriting the code base. We may not see play with what you're suggesting until Destiny 2.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. They may have developed a set of universal knobs for all weapon archetypes, while that would require a unique one for pulse rifles.

jediyoshi

Go Hawks

LTWood12

The whole not knowing what's coming next is what has me the most worried about the immediate future. At least in February, we knew House of Wolves was on the horizon for no later than late spring. We didn't necessarily know what it would be, but we knew we were getting SOMETHING. In year one they did a decent job of keeping some sort of hype cycle. Throw us a bone guys.

Fuck. I should have gotten my Oryx kill when I had the chance. No one is playing this anymore.

No lie, but sometimes I sit here and see that people want to do King's Fall(well, not recently), whether entirely or only parts of it and I have to think REALLY fucking hard whether I want to volunteer. I want to do it because I'm bored and I still need a raid helmet to get the shader, but the chances of shit going smoothly are so damn low. This raid is just so unforgiving. I hate to say it, but I dislike it more than Crota. Crota was uninspired, but it let you make mistakes. Every time I do this raid I'm not sure how long it's going to take or if I'm even going to finish it.
I'm just not into the "die a shitload of times" difficulty. It's not fun and after doing it I don't feel any accomplishment.
The whole thing is mostly joyless. You can give me an entire 320 raid set for beating Oryx, but after wiping 30 times in a row I won't give a shit because it was a hassle.
Wiping over and over is its own kind of joyless grind.

But I still do it because sometimes things do go well and smoothly. I have hope that things will align and me and the people I play with won't make too many mistakes and/or the game won't fuck us over randomly with its bugs and/or random occurrences. It's such a kick in the balls that a VERY imperfect game asks us to be perfect.

Or maybe I have rose tinted glasses and I miss playing with my clan. They've all moved on. Who knows.

The whole not knowing what's coming next is what has me the most worried about the immediate future. At least in February, we knew House of Wolves was on the horizon for no later than late spring. We didn't necessarily know what it would be, but we knew we were getting SOMETHING. In year one they did a decent job of keeping some sort of hype cycle. Throw us a bone guys.

We do know something:
  • November patch for tweaks
  • December patch for big balance stuff
I think it makes total sense to take this week off since I'm guessing the November patch will be next week.

Edit: I'm also in the "No Helmet" club. Feels bad, man.

Fuck. I should have gotten my Oryx kill when I had the chance. No one is playing this anymore.

No lie, but sometimes I sit here and see that people want to do King's Fall(well, not recently), whether entirely or only parts of it and I have to think REALLY fucking hard whether I want to volunteer. I want to do it because I'm bored and I still need a raid helmet to get the shader, but the chances of shit going smoothly are so damn low. This raid is just so unforgiving. I hate to say it, but I dislike it more than Crota. Crota was uninspired, but it let you make mistakes. Every time I do this raid I'm not sure how long it's going to take or if I'm even going to finish it.
I'm just not into the "die a shitload of times" difficulty. It's not fun and after doing it I don't feel any accomplishment.
The whole thing is mostly joyless. You can give me an entire 320 raid set for beating Oryx, but after wiping 30 times in a row I won't give a shit because it was a hassle.
Wiping over and over is its own kind of joyless grind.

But I still do it because sometimes things do go well and smoothly. I have hope that things will align and me and the people I play with won't make too many mistakes and/or the game won't fuck us over randomly with its bugs and/or random occurrences.

Or maybe I have rose tinted glasses and I miss playing with my clan. They've all moved on. Who knows.

Ok lets wipe.

Guardian down

Ok lets wipe

I missed the jump. Ok lets wipe.

Lets wipe
Thats a wipe.

I only have 10 more tries guys.

Well 4 hours later.

Guardian down.

Ok just wipe.

Just wipe
thats a wipe
lets wipe.

WTF are you doing were wiping.

Oh I thought we were going on.

Guardian down.

Joe shmo has left the game

The lag

go to orbit

Its not that hard
This is taking too long
This is the longest I have tried to beat Oryx

Its a nightmare unlike anything I can remember.

LTWood12

We do know something:
  • November patch for tweaks
  • December patch for big balance stuff
I think it makes total sense to take this week off since I'm guessing the November patch will be next week.

Edit: I'm also in the "No Helmet" club. Feels bad, man.

Knowing that patches are coming to tune existing content isn't the same as knowing that a content drop is coming. Even something as simple as refreshing all the vendor gear in December would be cool. Doesn't even have to be higher light. Just give us new stuff to look at.

GlamFM

Banned
Dumb question (?)

Can I buy an artifact somewhere?

Need 2nd one on my main to transfer the good one over to my alt.

phen0m24

Ok lets wipe.

Guardian down

Ok lets wipe

Lets wipe
Thats a wipe.

Well 4 hours later.

Guardian down.

Ok just wipe.

Just wipe
thats a wipe
lets wipe.

Guardian down.

The lag

go to orbit

Its not that hard
This is taking too long

Two words:

HARD CROTA

Ok lets wipe.

Guardian down

Ok lets wipe

Lets wipe
Thats a wipe.

Well 4 hours later.

Guardian down.

Ok just wipe.

Just wipe
thats a wipe
lets wipe.

Guardian down.

The lag

go to orbit

Its not that hard
This is taking too long

Perfect summation of why I stopped raiding. Only one way to succeed and no margin for failure. Failing in that scenario isn't fun.

Failing in Dark Souls is still enjoyable, rewarding. Instructional. Same for Monster Hunter.

Getting failure just right is hard.

Ok lets wipe.

Guardian down

Ok lets wipe

Lets wipe
Thats a wipe.

Well 4 hours later.

Guardian down.

Ok just wipe.

Just wipe
thats a wipe
lets wipe.

Guardian down.

The lag

go to orbit

Its not that hard
This is taking too long

This hurt to read. And I imagine that everyone who doesn't have a dedicated group to raid with goes through the same thing each week.

GutZ31

So Xur is from an alien race called The Nine(Edit: or Jovians, the grimoire is a little vague).

What about the other numbered races?

84809725.gif

Dumb question (?)

Can I buy an artifact somewhere?

Need 2nd one on my main to transfer the good one over to my alt.
Artifacts are class specific.

But CoO is probably the best place to get them from my experience. You can also do the quest from Eris for the 300 artifact too.

flkraven

The hard mode "mechanic" of having no revives is so uninspired and boring. Especially when every player is a vital cog and certain sections are near impossible without everyone.

Trakan

Halo 3 had a non-hitscan BR, the worst in the series. Pls no.

The hard mode "mechanic" of having no revives is so uninspired and boring. Especially when every player is a vital cog and certain sections are near impossible without everyone.

They aren't though.

Aetheon could be downed by 4.
Crota could be downed by 1...
Oryx has been downed by 2 people I believe.

People just choose to disengage because it's "easier" than having to pick up someone else's slack.

inthrall

They aren't though.

Aetheon could be downed by 4.
Crota could be downed by 1...
Oryx has been downed by 2 people I believe.

People just choose to disengage because it's "easier" than having to pick up someone else's slack.

As far as I know, you can pull more shenanigans with a warlock revive on Atheon (making it theoretically possible to down him with two people)

Xur is most likely Jovians, but the lore doesnt really give any detail of what that even means.

Interesting that Jovian is the name for all the Jupiter Moons

As far as I know, you can pull more shenanigans with a warlock revive on Atheon (making it theoretically possible to down him with two people)

I've seen Aetheon solo'd but it requires a very specific sub-class to do it, so not everyone can do it, thus I left it out.

Crota could be solo'd by anyone.

Edit: Even Skolas was solo'd

Toki767

Easiest way to fix raid drops:

1. Only give out moldering shards.
2. Have an NPC sell actual raid gear for shards so we can pick and choose what we want.

Top Bottom