• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Shiv47

man I have googled the hell out of this question and nobody seems to know or misunderstands the question itself.

I'm 150 rep short of rank 3 on my titan and I want the third roll of the Eirene this week. My only way to do so is to finish the Gunsmith line of the crucible quests which is not doable in a single day. I have the package but don't know if it's strictly wednesday-only for pick ups.

You can turn in your armsday orders until the reset on Sunday. You can pick them up whenever as well, I've done that after being out of town when armsday hit.

I did the raid with a couple groups of randos from LTG and wow did it make me appreciate the from here I did it with my first time. Everything was smooth until Oryx, at that point I messed up a couple times by not killing my Ogre fast enough and not getting on my platform quick enough once (though I really don't think that was my fault since the next guy got on his platform before I called mine), and another guy didn't do anything to wipe us but just kept dying. At one point he died right before getting into the invincibility bubble and one of the others swore for like half a minute and left, and then the rest of them basically said "Welp, guess that's a night." They all seemed to know each other, guess they didn't want to finish without their friend.

I got into another group, one person had never done Oryx before. It took like ten attempts to stagger him with people trying different weapons and us having to convince the new guy that a sniper rifle or machine gun is more helpful on Oryx than a rocket launcher, even if switching drops his light level a little. We slowly got better, wiping twice on our second Echo was pretty painful but in the end everyone stayed until we got it.

I volunteered to be runner, on the plus side I can do that pretty quick now.

I got the raid scout rifle, I'm not sure if I want to use it or get the vendor Hung Jury and use the raid rifle and handcannon to get it up to a decent light level.

LTWood12

It was my GF's older twin sister's wedding. She's one of 4 girls.

You playing any tonight? I was thinking bout just doing some PvP.

Yeah I was planning on it if I can get some time with an actual genuine dualshock and not the Vita. Doing some PVP actually sounds pretty relaxing. I'll check in w/ you tonight.

Should probably do a raid at some point this week, but not sure I'm up for trying to wrangle a group together w/ how dead it is. I had to resort to LFG on T's behalf the other night and it went about like you'd expect.

Mupod

You can definitely pick up later in the week. I'm not sure if advancing your rep after today would give you access to that third roll though. I was always the next tier of rep before Armsday hit personally.

Edit: To be more clear.. I don't know if hitting the next Tier of Gunsmith rep after Armsday has already hit will give you access to an additional roll for this week. Depending on how annoying you find the Gunsmith section of the Crucible quest, it may or may not be worth it to find out for sure.

I am pretty sure if you level up your rep during the window, that'll count.

I've been meaning to finish this quest chain off for a while now so now's the time I guess. I have most of my reset stuff done and I took today off from work. 3 wins with 6 autorifle/handcannon kills...that's going to suck. I will likely be enlisting some GAF help after I finish my workout.

coy

actually wait a minute, can you only turn in your armsday orders on wednesday or do you have until the end of the week? Because holy fucking shit the gunsmith part of this crucible quest will take forever.
If you get to rank 3, the 3rd option will open up. Gunsmith orders go away when Xur does. You have time for the bounty.
That's how I feel about you LT ;)

insert sweet 90's R&B here!

SPEAKING of that LT, KC & JoJo was played at the wedding Sat. So good.

Destiny.
Was it this classic?

Yeah I was planning on it if I can get some time with an actual genuine dualshock and not the Vita. Doing some PVP actually sounds pretty relaxing. I'll check in w/ you tonight.

Should probably do a raid at some point this week, but not sure I'm up for trying to wrangle a group together w/ how dead it is. I had to resort to LFG on T's behalf the other night and it went about like you'd expect.

I'd be up for a raid later on Friday night. Either normal or trying to do my first Hard raid.

I wish I knew how to quit you.
Destiny.jpg

Yes!!! Fallout doing a good job this week

Jabronium

I'd be up for a raid later on Friday night. Either normal or trying to do my first Hard raid.

Same, I'd be down. I LFG'd HM last night at 304 and while it went pretty well up to Golgoroth, daughters kind of broke us. We cleared it but called it there (at Oryx cp) since frustration was about to get the better of us.

FStop7

Banned
I had The First Firewall quest show up for me a couple of days ago.

I tried to solo it but got beaten up pretty badly.

I had to go to work so I figured I'd come back the next day and ask if someone here could give me a hand with it.

Of course now it's gone.

Time gated quests, Bungie: Stahp.

Mupod

I really want to create a clan called "Just Here for the Marks"

the thing that makes no sense is it's in the salvage playlist, why would you be in there right now if not to work on the weekly unlock stuff.

finally got my second win, fought our way back up from 4500-6500. I got the heavy ammo and my bubble and held off everybody for the last capture, felt good.

Chaperone is pretty nasty but I need to get a better handle on its range and how generous it is with where to aim for headshots. Invective still seems better, especially Trials with its endless overshields.

edit: "Win multiple matches in the Elimination playlist" uhh...maybe later. Break time now.

Kaiken

Banned
I need:

• HM Oryx on my 312 Warlock
  • HM KF full run on my 313 Hunter (or starting from Totems if someone has a checkpoint)
  • VOG (no hurry)
  • Guardians
Will probably start hunting peeps down around 7-8pm CST.

Holy thread. I usually come back from lunch with 5+ 50ppp pages to read. On the same page still is like March/April Bloodborne levels again.

I haven't done anything this week yet.

I'll do at least 1 raid sometime, most likely Friday morning.

Shiv47

I need:

• HM Oryx on my 312 Warlock
  • HM KF full run on my 313 Hunter (or starting from Totems if someone has a checkpoint)
  • VOG (no hurry)
  • Guardians
Will probably start hunting peeps down around 7-8pm CST.

Would be down for VoG or KF tonight or tomorrow. After 8cst would work for me.

the_id

The Eirene gunsmith version - is it any good? Should I consider upgrading its light level for PVP and PVE and swap it out from my 1000-yard stare?

EL CUCO

Tried one of the Lyudmila-D's that the Gunsmith had for me. It was doing 32 criticals iirc.

I thought it was a 2 burst kill.

Which is probably closer to where most Pulses should be. Burst weapons should have some kick. Long range lasers should be confined to Scouts I think.

We're already there. Just about every pulse in the game is terrible without counterbalance and/or a stability perk. The Hakke pulses have to have both. SUROS ones can get away w/o counterbalance. But that eats up 1-2 perks right there.

I don't even know where to go from here. Lower Aim Assist? Decreased range? Slower fire rate across the board?

Top Bottom