• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Easiest way to fix raid drops:

1. Only give out moldering shards.
2. Have an NPC sell actual raid gear for shards so we can pick and choose what we want.

it's more practical although let's be honest it makes drops way less exciting

even though they're rarely exciting anyway there's always that chance they might not be 🙈

Toki767

it's more practical although let's be honest it makes drops way less exciting

even though they're rarely exciting anyway there's always that chance they might not be ��

I would much rather know that I'm making progress than only have a chance at it.

That's the main issue with Destiny. Steady progress isn't guaranteed.

Mupod

Perfect summation of why I stopped raiding. Only one way to succeed and no margin for failure. Failing in that scenario isn't fun.

Failing in Dark Souls is still enjoyable, rewarding. Instructional. Same for Monster Hunter.

Getting failure just right is hard.

the fun part is doing it with people you like playing with. I've done much much harder raiding in 'real' MMOs and learning new bosses is fun with the right people. Earlier this year I had tons of fun in WoW playing with my old raiding buddies even though Mythic stuff was absolutely fucking soul crushingly hard. When that core group fell apart and the remnants joined a guild full of people I could not stand, I quit instantly.

If I didn't have gaf to play with I would not be able to stomach this game but here I am still going happily.

Jabronium

2. Have an NPC sell actual raid gear for shards so we can pick and choose what we want.

It certainly wasn't perfect but I think the HoW style cores/shards, plus the chance for a drop from Skolas, was an improvement over the current KF loot table.

MikeyMike

Some comments... are quite depressing. Take a break guys... doesn't have to be permanent. 1 or 2 weeks will do wonders.

I've been playing less since last friday and it feels great. I take more time towards making decent meals and exercising. I get to play some of the games in my backlog (damn, PSP games on the Vita feels great).

I still need HM KF on my Hunter tho... I don't care about the other 2 characters.

GutZ31

As far as I know, you can pull more shenanigans with a warlock revive on Atheon (making it theoretically possible to down him with two people)

Interesting that Jovian is the name for all the Jupiter Moons

Legends 2, the Ghost grimoire card has this to say.
Code:
The Nine are survivors of the cis-Jovian colonies who made a compact with an alien force to ensure their own survival.

The Nine are deep-orbit warminds who weathered the Collapse in hardened stealth platforms.

The Nine are ancient leviathan intelligences from the seas of Europa or the hydrocarbon pits of Titan.

The Nine arrived in a mysterious transmission from the direction of the Corona-Borealis supercluster.

The Nine are the firstborn Awoken and their minds now race down the field lines of the Jupiter-Io flux tube.

The Nine are Ghosts who pierced the Deep Black without a ship and meditated on the hissing silence of the heliopause.

The Nine are the aspects of the Darkness, broken by the Traveler's rebuke, working to destroy us from within.

The Nine is a viral language of pure meaning.

The Nine are the shadows left by the annihilation of a transcendent shape, burned into the weft of what is.

So... if this is all true, then that means Xur is a (probable) descendant of humans.
>Humans go into outer space>
>Become Awoken from their travels in the void of space>
>The Awoken that came back to our solar system took up residence all over the solar system, some staying around jupiter, gaining them the names Jovian>
>These Jovians researched the darkness, possibly gaining symbiotic relationships, much like the hive, with the leviathans of jupiter's moons.>

The Nine seem to be a mix of races, some kind of entity that is not actually faction, but a possible threat, like Hive, Fallen, or Vex.

Edit:
Another little bit of info that could be something, or just another shot in the dark, is the moons of Jupiter have roman numbers to them.
One of the Jovian bodies is called Sinope, it has a label of IX(9).
It was sometimes called "Hades" between 1955 and 1975.

Its orbit is erratic, and it has almost no gravity to speak of.

Probably has nothing to do with them, but I thought it was interesting.

Lee

Legends 2, the Ghost grimoire card has this to say.

Pretty sure that card just lists out different theories. I never took it to mean they all were true, rather one might be, or more likely, we don't know and none of those theories hold water.

Mupod

expect to get rolled by a flawless trials team slumming in regular elimination, get scrubville with no snipers and level 20s. Hope that holds up for the next 4 matches.

ich00

This hurt to read. And I imagine that everyone who doesn't have a dedicated group to raid with goes through the same thing each week.

This. I still haven't beaten hm oryx, mainly because I can't find a group to go in every week, it's been PUGs since it came out. Most of my Crota raid group quit after HoW came out. It's terribly frustrating.

Halo and fallout are my new games to play and might be for the foreseeable future, at least until I can get in a group again.

the fun part is doing it with people you like playing with. I've done much much harder raiding in 'real' MMOs and learning new bosses is fun with the right people. Earlier this year I had tons of fun in WoW playing with my old raiding buddies even though Mythic stuff was absolutely fucking soul crushingly hard. When that core group fell apart and the remnants joined a guild full of people I could not stand, I quit instantly.

If I didn't have gaf to play with I would not be able to stomach this game but here I am still going happily.

I hear that. My enjoyment of the game has gone up immensely since I gave up LFG for GAF. And it's important not to lose sight of that.

But "fun with friends" isn't a ringing endorsement for something since "fun with friends" covers just about any activity.

Raid tokens wouldn't even be needed if there was some basic fucking logic added to raid drops.

Like, "hey this guy is wearing a 318 chest piece, let's not allow a fucking 310 chest drop right here". Or "omg, this guy has done the raid 10 times and still hasn't gotten a helmet, let's throw him a fucking bone".

Basically, what 'smart loot' should be.

Lee

This. I still haven't beaten hm oryx, mainly because I can't find a group to go in every week, it's been PUGs since it came out. Most of my Crota raid group quit after HoW came out. It's terribly frustrating.

Halo and fallout are my new games to play and might be for the foreseeable future, at least until I can get in a group again.

Same boat. I'm max 312, but drop to 310 when I put on ToM. I've dropped into HM Oryx four or five times but always bounced after 15 minutes of wiping without making it past a full "cycle" of damage.

I'll wait for the drops from the rest of the raid to bump me up a bit, or until I get invited/find a group with higher light and more experience. Not worth the time and strife for an emblem and a few other chances to be disappointed by drops.

Ryck

Raid tokens wouldn't even be needed if there was some basic fucking logic added to raid drops.

Like, "hey this guy is wearing a 318 chest piece, let's not allow a fucking 310 chest drop right here". Or "omg, this guy has done the raid 10 times and still hasn't gotten a helmet, let's throw him a fucking bone".

My idea is "this guy is 312 light so his HM raid drops can only be 313 and up."

Toki767

I wouldn't even mind something like trading in X amount of shards or whatever to bump an item's attack/defense value by 1.

Just something guaranteed rather than pure luck.

Kyoufu

This is great in theory. The issue for me is that no matter what they do, the actual loot itself is boring so I can't get excited either way.

GutZ31

The funny thing is how screwy it all went after Crotas End.
The Crota drops were probably the closest to how you would expect a loot system for a raid to work that we would want so far.
House of Wolves comes out and the loot system is complete RNG again, and has been since.

There is absolutely no reason hard mode should give 310 items other than exotics.
The Hard mode loot should have at least started at 315 if they were not going to check your players current gear. At least then you could feel like "at least its not normal mode drops".
This is great in theory. The issue for me is that no matter what they do, the actual loot itself is boring so I can't get excited either way.

Yeah, if the drops were VoG tier good, then that system would work great.
The gear from Kings Fall is all trash in my eyes, and the only real reason to want any of it is for infusion material.
LMG is an exception.

hmm?

Crota was rng

house of wolves made it so you could buy one piece of armor every week gauranteed and it cycled through all the gear on schedule.. The drawback was they all started with strength only stat

people complain about only getting shards from bosses but that's always been a possibility in every raid .. they just had different names .. ass shards, rad shards, etc.

Mengetsu

My friend is trying to pick up his sniper from the gunsmith but it's not giving him the 3rd choice. Is their something he's missing? I have all 3 choices it's odd.

GutZ31

hmm?

Crota was rng

house of wolves made it so you could buy one piece of armor every week gauranteed and it cycled through all the gear on schedule.. The drawback was they all started with strength only stat

Oh yea, forgot about that.
It was an interesting concept, but failed to impress with most of the shitty stats/perks for the gear.

Crota was RNG, but it was the first time they tried a system that actually looked into your inventory to give you a chance at not getting a repeat of gear you already had.
Did it work? For the most part, no. Lol

My friend is trying to pick up his sniper from the gunsmith but it's not giving him the 3rd choice. Is their something he's missing? I have all 3 choices it's odd.

For 3 options, you need to be at least level 3 with the gunsmith.

Ryck

He needs to be rank 3 with the gunsmith.

I wouldn't even mind something like trading in X amount of shards or whatever to bump an item's attack/defense value by 1.

Just something guaranteed rather than pure luck.
This would be good as well.

does that card in the lower left say "Invisibility Identification Card"?
YOU CAN GO INVISIBLE?!?!? that's AWESOME!
aaawwhwhwhw..... are you an inhuman? O.O

todd360

I'm stealing todd's identity with that VIN.

EDIT: All those VINs. Probably should edit that, lol

how did i miss that

Edit: Shows neogaf new ps4 controller. They can't tell the difference and use my VIN to steal my car to teach me a lesson. Steel black was the one on the bottom. I swear it looks different. Bad lightning and crappy phone camera doesn't do it justice.

Cade

how did i miss that

Edit: Shows neogaf new ps4 controller. They can't tell the difference and use my VIN to steal my car to teach me a lesson. Steel black was the one on the bottom. I swear it looks different. Bad lightning and crappy phone camera doesn't do it justice.

Bad lightning!? Man you're having the worst luck!

FWIW I could tell the difference. Looks pretty cool

Top Bottom