• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Number45

I don't mind helping a group of new players or doing a normal raid this weekend. Not sure what time that would be on EST since I am on mobile and too lazy to look it up. Let me know. It's might be hard trying to find a raid group as of now...thread is "dead" compare to before.
That would be awesome. Pretty sure EST is GMT-5 so 22:00 would be 17:00 for you. There's actually no reason I can't stay up unreasonable late on a Saturday though (aside from the fact that I'm getting old and might fall asleep at the wheel) so I can be flexible to a later time - I was actually hoping to be able to start earlier but it appears I'm required to taxi my kids to some singing thing!

Love you, daughters!

EDIT: Also, I can get myself up to 303 (Titan, all subclasses maxed) but more realistically I'll be at or just below 300. Sure it'll be enough, and I doubt there's much call for an exotic sword in the raid.

awByRpK.png
What am I looking at here? D:

That would be awesome. Pretty sure EST is GMT-5 so 22:00 would be 17:00 for you. There's actually no reason I can't stay up unreasonable late on a Saturday though (aside from the fact that I'm getting old and might fall asleep at the wheel) so I can be flexible to a later time - I was actually hoping to be able to start earlier but it appears I'm required to taxi my kids to some singing thing!

Love you, daughters!

EDIT: Also, I can get myself up to 303 (Titan, all subclasses maxed) but more realistically I'll be at or just below 300. Sure it'll be enough, and I doubt there's much call for an exotic sword in the raid.

What am I looking at here? D:

well then I guess we can always move the "time" up for you. Since that would be ~5 pm for me. Just let me know..

Number45

well then I guess we can always move the "time" up for you. Since that would be ~5 pm for me. Just let me know..
Is this something you run frequently? What time do you normally start up? It's me doing the begging so I'm happy to be as flexible as possible to fit in. All I know is that I'm going to be out until around 21:00 UK time (16:00 your time).

Spawned into a control match with the other team 200 points from victory.
First spawn - Right into a teamshot by a hunter and a warlock.

Second spawn - Right into the line of sight of a hunter with a machine gun.

Game over!

Thanks for wasting my time, Bungie.

AngerdX

Thanks to all the guys that took me to my first HM and even tho we didn´t manage to down oryx himself i had a great time, learned alot and got some goodies out of it anyway 320 gloves, 316 sniper and 314 bond so atleast it boosted my ll a bit, so freeing. :)

Spawned into a control match with the other team 200 points from victory.
First spawn - Right into a teamshot by a hunter and a warlock.

Second spawn - Right into the line of sight of a hunter with a machine gun.

Game over!

Thanks for wasting my time, Bungie.

Had the same thing happen except it was a Sunbreaker super that killed me. I spawned somewhere else then that same guy killed me again

Then I think Shaxx said something about my mum

noomi

Good Morning DGAF!

Hey, PC DGAF aficionados(Noomi? Sushi?), is the GTX970 worth getting right now or should I just wait? I kind of want to play FO4 on PC, but I'm rocking an old 660TI still. I hope this is ok to ask! I just trust everyone in here a lot :)

Also, Destiny! Today is actually one of my favorite days on DGAF because the weekly update predictions are hilarious.

Sorry for the late reply, just seeing this now. Wasn't online at all in the evening yesterday.

It's a great card (go for the 4GB option if you can... just to be safe) If you find it for the right price I would say go for it. I'm a big fan of EVGA stuff, when you buy something from EVGA and register the product on their site you have 90 days (i think?) to use their step up program to trade in for a better card if something new comes out. Plus sometimes they will bundle some free software (3dmark) with the purchase, and their customer support is outstanding.

Either way the 970 will definitely be enough to run FO4 :)

Also.... add me on steam if you haven't already. Same name and avatar as here.

Jinjo

maintenance tomorrow...

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13125

will anybody notice? lol

During peak gaming hours in the EU again. Fuck you Bungie.

Also, I think the loot system in TTK is officially worse than vanilla Destiny. If we forget about the randomness of the numbers and the forever 29 (or forever 315 in TTK's case) for a second, the new system offers absolutely no build variety whatsoever. In vanilla you atleast could easily replace and swap out legendary with exotic armor pieces. If I decide to switch to another exotic armor piece for my main Titan bae (a 317) she drops a whopping two light levels. If I want to use another weapon, there goes another two levels. Add to that the fact how the way weapons and armor are dropping at way below optimum values too, it absolutely destroys all build alternatives. In a way that's even worse than TDB, since relevelling a better legendary raid piece took forever in that. But atleast there rad shards were a consistent drop. Now I'm at the mercy of RNG if I want to use a new primary or exotic armor piece. Which means everyone is pretty much stuck for a long while at the build they have going now....

And even that is determined by which (exotic) pieces RNG bequeaths on you.

I think I have purchased all the different emblems from Eva Levante since the launch of 2.0 or TTK, yet I have never seen her sell the Winterborn Mark.
Come on, Bungie! I'm tired of checking every day for this final one.

Edit: @Stephen_drewz, not with the character you already got it with.

Deku Tree

What's the best place to farm vex Minotaur (non major) kills for the banshee test weapons?

Seems like the Citadel stinks now that taken spawn there constantly... Looking for another spot... Do pratorians outside VoG on patrol count towards it?

Number45

What's the best place to farm vex Minotaur (non major) kills for the banshee test weapons?

Seems like the Citadel stinks now that taken spawn there constantly... Looking for another spot... Do pratorians outside VoG on patrol count towards it?
Level 36 Undying Mind?

FyreWulff

nope

the story mission that takes place in the Campus 9 area works. You can farm them in the Mars starting patrol area and/or the patrol area that includes the entrance to the train station

Anyone willing to help out a fellow guardian kill Oryx and his daughters in Heroic King's Fall? I've been trying to get these kills for 2 days now, but real life matters keep cropping up mid-raid.

Just do it at the citadel, you only need 5 red bars for the weapon kills.

Is this something you run frequently? What time do you normally start up? It's me doing the begging so I'm happy to be as flexible as possible to fit in. All I know is that I'm going to be out until around 21:00 UK time (16:00 your time).
Hmm depends, I don't mind helping people out when I can. But alright. I should be be available during those time.

Load up VoG and go to Campus 9/Endless Steps

And even that is determined by which (exotic) pieces RNG bequeaths on you.

Yeah the exotic armors are a big missing piece currently. For one thing a bunch of the new ones are still MIA for whatever reason. Then the light level issues are another big problem like you said. I don't even bother with my Saint helm anymore since it's not relevant to most of KF and I can't infuse my only high Light legendary helm or else I would lose it for PvP. Maybe I could throw on Ruin Wings but the minimal bonus isn't worth the light level drop.

Exotic weapons are just Spindle for Warprist and Golgi then ToM for Daughters-Oryx, that's it. It's another reason they shouldn't be so damn stingy with high Light drops, especially with Infusion being unpredictable for how much Light you'll get. It destroys horizontal progression and build variety which was suppsedly something they wanted to improve. (side note: despite the game's problems I still think we should avoid "f bungie" comments)

So anyone doing the black spindle i could use it on my alt. :)

Fwiw you can just buy another from the kiosk at 280 Light. The daily mission spindles only drop at 290 light now so it's pretty insignificant difference.

AngerdX

Yeah the exotic armors are a big missing piece currently. For one thing a bunch of the new ones are still MIA for whatever reason. Then the light level issues are another big problem like you said. I don't even bother with my Saint helm anymore since it's not relevant to most of KF and I can't infuse my only high Light legendary helm or else I would lose it for PvP. Maybe I could throw on Ruin Wings but the minimal bonus isn't worth the light level drop.

Exotic weapons are just Spindle for Warprist and Golgi then ToM for Daughters-Oryx, that's it. It's another reason they shouldn't be so damn stingy with high Light drops, especially with Infusion being unpredictable for how much Light you'll get. It destroys horizontal progression and build variety which was suppsedly something they wanted to improve. (side note: despite the game's problems I still think we should avoid "f bungie" comments)

Fwiw you can just buy another from the kiosk at 280 Light. The daily mission spindles only drop at 290 light now so it's pretty insignificant difference.

Thanks for that, yah then no point in running it again except helping someone else get theirs i suppose.

Deku Tree

this exactly i collected all the exotic weapons and armors but I can never use them in the activities that I do (basically just the HM raid) because high light drops are so incredibly stingy (and also infusing exotics costs an exotic shard which really slows down lots of people, although it doesn't slow me down). Since I need more than one high light weapon or armor to infuse up another weapon or armor to high light then based on the horrible drop rates it's takes months to have more than one high light build that is viable in HM KF and by then your tired of raiding anyway.

E92 M3

I've been saying it for a while that the infusion system directly hinders progression. With House of Wolves, etheric light opened up tons of opportunities for customization. TTK regressed a lot in that category.

I've been saying it for a while that the infusion system directly hinders progression. With House of Wolves, etheric light opened up tons of opportunities for customization. TTK regressed a lot in that category.
Ya that seems to be the case.
But I guess it is to extend the gameplay,wince ethric light ensured all your armour is at highest lvl provided u play lvl 34 for 4 times 4 weeks.

Jabronium

Alright, so I know I'm probably the last person here that still doesn't have it, but anyone up for a Black Spindle run?

Edit: Found a group, wish me luck.

E92 M3

Ya that seems to be the case.
But I guess it is to extend the gameplay,wince ethric light ensured all your armour is at highest lvl provided u play lvl 34 for 4 times 4 weeks.

I've never been the one to complain about "having nothing to do." Many people left HoW happy; many people left TTK pissed. The drops for TTK are a lot worse than VoG in my opinion. At least in VOG everyone had the chance to get some crazy-good weapons.

I've never been the one to complain about "having nothing to do." Many people left HoW happy; many people left TTK pissed. The drops for TTK are a lot worse than VoG in my opinion. At least in VOG everyone had the chance to get some crazy-good weapons.
Agreed.If you leave the machine gun,scout and pulse ttk raid does not have any good legendaries,while vog had a lot of them with some very unique perks.

Deku Tree

Question about Verizon FIOS and PS4 and Destiny:

Does anyone with this setup ever have issues with your PS4 and your FIOS router? My PS4 is hard wired into my fancy new FIOS quantum router.

Last night I was doing a raid and at one point I started having constant disconnects and connection errors. And If I did a "test connection" on PS4 it would say I couldn't even connect to PSN. The rest of my internet was working fine at full speed.

After waiting about 10 minutes and turning the PS4 off, I went back to it and it ended up working fine. By then the PUG team I was raiding with had replaced me, no big deal.

Then I did a google search for "FIOS and PS4" and there are pages and pages of people complaining about disconnects on PS4... there are even some careful explanations from people with a networking background that I don't full understand.

Have any of you ever encountered that problem? If so did you figure out any good way to configure your quantum router or PS4 so that it doesn't happen?

thx

E92 M3

Question about Verizon FIOS and PS4 and Destiny:

Does anyone with this setup ever have issues with your PS4 and your FIOS router? My PS4 is hard wired into my fancy new FIOS quantum router.

Last night I was doing a raid and at one point I started having constant disconnects and connection errors. And If I did a "test connection" on PS4 it would say I couldn't even connect to PSN. The rest of my internet was working fine at full speed.

After waiting about 10 minutes and turning the PS4 off, I went back to it and it ended up working fine. By then the PUG team I was raiding with had replaced me, no big deal.

Then I did a google search for "FIOS and PS4" and there are pages and pages of people complaining about disconnects on PS4... there are even some careful explanations from people with a networking background that I don't full understand.

Have any of you ever encountered that problem? If so did you figure out any good way to configure your quantum router or PS4 so that it doesn't happen?

thx

I use Fios and have my PS4 wired directly. It is going through a switch, though. No issues encountered so far. A simple solution would be to DMZ your PS4's IP address for testing purposes.

I'd start there.

Deku Tree

I use Fios and have my PS4 wired directly. It is going through a switch, though. No issues encountered so far. A simple solution would be to DMZ your PS4's IP address for testing purposes.

I'd start there.

What does that mean and how do you do it? What switch is your PS4 going through?

E92 M3

What does that mean and how do you do it? What switch is your PS4 going through?

Do you have the login information for your router? And I have an ethernet switch. Basically, it allows me to have my upstairs wired. One ethernet cable is routed upstairs and plugged into the switch. And all other devices are then plugged into the said switch. It keeps the connections wired instead of wireless.

2011-11-29_132204.jpg

Deku Tree

Do you have the login information for your router? And I have an ethernet switch. Basically, it allows me to have my upstairs wired. One ethernet cable is routed upstairs and plugged into the switch. And all other devices are then plugged into the said switch. It keeps the connections wired instead of wireless.

2011-11-29_132204.jpg

Oh I see. Do you allow the quantum router to perform the router functions, or did you transfer that to your network switch somehow. I have my own Airport Extreme WiFi set up to "bridge mode".

Yes I can log into my router.

Is it possible to test what is going wrong if the situation is not happening right now? Thanks!

E92 M3

Oh I see. Do you allow the quantum router to perform the router functions, or did you transfer that to your network switch somehow. I have my own Airport Extreme WiFi set up to "bridge mode".

Yes I can log into my router.

Is it possible to test what is going wrong if the situation is not happening right now? Thanks!

First and easiest thing I would try is to do a DMZ. Do you know which IP belongs to the PS4? If it's turned on, it should show up in the main router section as a wired connection.

Deku Tree

First and easiest thing I would try is to do a DMZ. Do you know which IP belongs to the PS4? If it's turned on, it should show up in the main router section as a wired connection.

What is a DMZ and how do I do it?

Yes I know which IP belongs to my PS4 and I can see it in the FIOS App, or by logging into the FIOS router.

Top Bottom