• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

My ps4, xbox and PC are all wireless and I rarely experience problems (I think). However, I'd like to make them wired one day. The problem is, for some reason they built my house to have 1 coaxial connection for the Internet on the 1st shelf of my pantry and that's it. All of my gaming is on my lower level when my pantry is on the main level of my house.

I need to have someone come in and add more but that'll either cost a shit ton or I'll switch to Fiber at some point and having coaxial will be worthless. I use satellite for TV.

My PC suffers the most from being wireless.

Google Fiber, come to my city!

Deku Tree

My ps4, xbox and PC are all wireless and I rarely experience problems (I think). However, I'd like to make them wired one day. The problem is, for some reason they built my house to have 1 coaxial connection for the Internet on the 1st shelf of my pantry and that's it. All of my gaming is in my lower level when my pantry is in the main level of my house.

I need to either have someone come in and add more but that'll either cost a shit ton or I'll switch to Fiber at some point and having coaxial will be worthless. I use satellite for TV.

My PC suffers the most from being wireless.

Power line adapters might help.

For the first time since destiny came out there's not a single person in my friends list playing destiny.

This is amazing lol

Let's we get most of the crowd back for destiny 2.

E92 M3

Number45

Wow, I can search for pulse to find gear with +pulse ammo and just right click and equip it on my active character. Love the idea of that! Something like that will be great in the companion app. ^_^

Good Morning DGAF!

Sorry for the late reply, just seeing this now. Wasn't online at all in the evening yesterday.

It's a great card (go for the 4GB option if you can... just to be safe) If you find it for the right price I would say go for it. I'm a big fan of EVGA stuff, when you buy something from EVGA and register the product on their site you have 90 days (i think?) to use their step up program to trade in for a better card if something new comes out. Plus sometimes they will bundle some free software (3dmark) with the purchase, and their customer support is outstanding.

Either way the 970 will definitely be enough to run FO4 :)

Also.... add me on steam if you haven't already. Same name and avatar as here.

Thanks for the reply! The EVGA is the exact one I was thinking of getting.

I'm still here playing Destiny too guys! Probably more PVP for me tonight!

Just checked Destiny streamers on Twitch. First is Gothalion with 3,500 viewers. Second highest is... some dude with 35 viewers. Third highest has 8 viewers. Insert "game is dead" comment here.

Deku Tree

Just checked Destiny streamers on Twitch. First is Gothalion with 3,500 viewers. Second highest is... some dude with 35 viewers. Third highest has 8 viewers. Insert "game is dead" comment here.

Destiny is 17th highest watched right now...

Halo 5 is 33rd... really surprised more people aren't watching Halo 5 twitch streaming.

I really, really hope it is a bug. I just cannot fathom that there are people at Bungie that looked at statistics from Year 1 and thought 'you know what? People are upgrading their armour way too fast. Let's hinder that so that they'll play for longer'.

NO

Now every time I get a new piece of armour, I think, fuck me, it's gonna take years to upgrade this. I can't be fucking bothered.

One of a list of reasons that's slowly turning me off the game.

E92 M3

Destiny is 17th highest watched right now...

Halo 5 is 33rd... really surprised more people aren't watching Halo 5 twitch streaming.

It gets a little repetitive because the map selection is so bad, but it's still fun to watch certain pros.

I really, really hope it is a bug. I just cannot fathom that there are people at Bungie that looked at statistics from Year 1 and thought 'you know what? People are upgrading their armour way too fast. Let's hinder that so that they'll play for longer'.

NO

Now every time I get a new piece of armour, I think, fuck me, it's gonna take years to upgrade this. I can't be fucking bothered.

Comes from the same great minds that removed faction buffs from NF, decreased weapon parts, decreased strange coins and lowered bounty xp.

NO

Exactly the same thoughts.

Plus even though weapons upgrade super quick now, that's also a waste of fucking time as I'm always starved of materials.

That means that instead of being able to choose from a vast array of weapons or armour, im stuck with whatever upgrades first and that's it.

No multiple load outs, no choices, no min/maxing armour for subclass choices.

Edit: I'm also still playing as trying to get an online lobby going for F1 is a nightmare, although I did just buy UFC.

There's too many games I want to buy but I can't as I'm buying my first house in January, wallet am cry ;_;

First time checking in to this thread since FO4 came into my life. Looks like we are still slowly chugging along guys! Yes posts aren't as frequent as before but the thread still moves.

Anyway, haven't played any Destiny since Tuesday reset. It kinda feels weird.

Exactly the same thoughts.

Plus even though weapons upgrade super quick now, that's also a waste of fucking time as I'm always starved of materials.

That means that instead of being able to choose from a vast array of weapons or armour, im stuck with whatever upgrades first and that's it.

No multiple load outs, no choices, no min/maxing armour for subclass choices.

We hear you loud and clear, In the next patch we'll be changing up the format a little to really drive home that feeling of accomplishment every time you level up a weapon. To do this, we here at Bungie, have decided to increase the amount of XP needed to level up all weapons by 225%. We've done this for a plethora of reasons, but mainly because now you should no longer find yourself scouring the depths of the planets for weapon components for the silly little upgrade nodes. And once you do have a weapon fully upgraded, you'll really take pride in your choice; "This is my Rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine."

Finally, this will bring our weapon system more in-line with the current armor system because we really like to have consistency across the game when it comes to features like this. We're not really into the whole apples and oranges thing. Oranges are terrible, #TeamApples all the way.

E92 M3

We hear you loud and clear, In the next patch we'll be changing up the format a little to really drive home that feeling of accomplishment every time you level up a weapon. To do this, we here at Bungie, have decided to increase the amount of XP needed to level up all weapons by 225%. We've done this for a plethora of reasons, but mainly because now you should no longer find yourself scouring the depths of the planets for weapon components for the silly little upgrade nodes. And once you do have a weapon fully upgraded, you'll really take pride in your choice; "This is my Rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine."

Finally, this will bring our weapon system more in-line with the current armor system because we really like to have consistency across the game when it comes to features like this. We're not really into the whole apples and oranges thing. Oranges are terrible, #TeamApples all the way.

Deej please

Sounds about right. Though I think you might have forgotten to mention how they're about to nerf armour mats as well, to bring them "in line" with weapon parts.

bitsurugi

Today i have only 4 (!) people on my friends list playing Destiny. Usually i had 4-6 pages.

Today i have only 4 (!) people on my friends list playing Destiny. Usually i had 4-6 pages.

Personally, I'm using more of my small time sessions to play StarCraft right now. Just the campaign though, I don't touch the multi.

This means that before work and over lunch, I'm not online. I'll still be on during the evenings though.

Same just logged in for the first time in 4 days and 4 people were online

In other news I love the Eirene (can't get on with 1000yd in PvP) LiTC seemed to proc at a pretty high rate and a few times in the same mag :d

Well, no ones playing Destiny on my friend's list. At the same time, not everyone is playing Fallout 4 either. Though most are.
People playing Fallout 4 is overlapping with people being bored of the game.
Maybe Activision and Bethesda made a deal behind the scenes - "hey, make your game kinda shitty by the time our game comes out so it'll nudge even the people who are on the fence on our game into buying it."

In other news, Eirene everywhere in pvp. Crucible sinks even lower.

Well, time to rewatch some Marvel movies.

I'm guessing the last few series of posters live across the pond? It's 7-10am in the US on a Thursday. I wouldn't expect a ton of people to be playing much of anything

I think something that would really go a long way to help the community perception of Bungie right now is if Bungie actually found some bugs and made the public aware of them.

They did this the other day with the postmaster thing and that was awesome. We just need more of that.

Rather than have the community guess for weeks/months at whether or not something is intended, Bungie just needs to come out and say that "Hey, X is a problem/bug/glitch. We've got a fix in the queue. Sorry for the inconvienence."

Like, it's been 2 months now since TTK launched. If this was a bug, then Bungie had plenty of time to let us know about it. Instead, 2 months later, we're left feeling like this must have been intended, because why hasn't it been addressed?

LTWood12

I'm guessing the last few series of posters live across the pond? It's 7-10am in the US on a Thursday. I wouldn't expect a ton of people to be playing much of anything

There were times in the last couple of months I'd login and have a full 10 pages of people playing the game online. Couldn't even invite the person I wanted because it would only show me so man people at a time.

Kyne

Same just logged in for the first time in 4 days and 4 people were online

In other news I love the Eirene (can't get on with 1000yd in PvP) LiTC seemed to proc at a pretty high rate and a few times in the same mag :d

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

this fucking gun.

AA needs to be nerfed to hell.

it's so weird that they literally handed everyone perfect/broken pvp guns this time around.

90% of special loadout for trials/IB will be Conspiracy D/Eirene now.

edit: holy fuck, I LITERALLY did not see your avatar until after I posted that GIF. Wow.

Yea, I'll return as well. I'll still try to get 1 hard raid this week. I won't feel bad if I miss out on another 317 Ghost, 310-315 Fusion rifle/shotty and another pair of 311 boots to go along with normal mode worthless 300-310 drops.

The gunplay in fallout is not nearly as good as destiny.

Number45

If anyone wants to add me to have somebody on their FL playing Destiny (at least in the evenings UK time), feel free! PSN same as GAF.

E92 M3

Yea, I'll return as well. I'll still try to get 1 hard raid this week. I won't feel bad if I miss out on another 317 Ghost, 310-315 Fusion rifle/shotty and another pair of 311 boots to go along with normal mode worthless 300-310 drops.

The gunplay in fallout is not nearly as good as destiny.

Destiny gunplay in the fallout universe would be some kind of wet dream. FO4 gunplay is improved from 3, though.

this fucking gun.

it's so weird that they literally handed everyone perfect/broken pvp guns this time around.

edit: holy fuck, I LITERALLY did not see your avatar until after I posted that GIF. Wow.

I actually like the gun because of how low the AA is

The LiTC is the icing on the cake.

I also don't snipe that much so it's an added bonus for me. Me new jam is Titan + Invective + Defender + No backup Plans. You can win so many objective modes with a good bubble. Played Rift last night as part of my weekly bounties. It was Memento. Runner came through the hallway door instead of straight at the Rift. I drop bubble with blessing and he's standing there like, "WTF DO I DO?!" We all rushed out and shot him. So good.

LTWood12

There's zero information about anything significant coming. Even February wasn't like this.

this fucking gun.

:D

Eirene has fuck all AA compared to 1000yd. 21 to 1000yds 56 + 20 for shortgaze .

But yep, trials this weekend is going to be fun as hell, after nearly killing it off with Bannerfall they redeem themselves with Exodus Blue then give everyone LiTC

The LiTC is the icing on the cake..

Same here, its like I'm fighting against it with the 1000yd

I've accepted that Snipers are a big part of the current meta-game so I'm forcing myself to learn how to use them. I spent a good few hours in Elimination yesterday only using my sniper.

It's taking me a bit, but I've landed a few rez-snipes at least.

E92 M3

Eirene has fuck all AA compared to 1000yd. 21 to 1000yds 56 + 20 for shortgaze .

But yep, trials this weekend is going to be fun as hell, after nearly killing it off with Bannerfall they redeem themselves with Exodus Blue then give everyone LiTC

Exodus blue was such a shitty trials map, though. If it were up to me, Trials would be rotated between Cauldron and Burning Shrine.

Jinjo

Yeah the exotic armors are a big missing piece currently. For one thing a bunch of the new ones are still MIA for whatever reason. Then the light level issues are another big problem like you said. I don't even bother with my Saint helm anymore since it's not relevant to most of KF and I can't infuse my only high Light legendary helm or else I would lose it for PvP. Maybe I could throw on Ruin Wings but the minimal bonus isn't worth the light level drop.

Exotic weapons are just Spindle for Warprist and Golgi then ToM for Daughters-Oryx, that's it. It's another reason they shouldn't be so damn stingy with high Light drops, especially with Infusion being unpredictable for how much Light you'll get. It destroys horizontal progression and build variety which was suppsedly something they wanted to improve. (side note: despite the game's problems I still think we should avoid "f bungie" comments)

Fwiw you can just buy another from the kiosk at 280 Light. The daily mission spindles only drop at 290 light now so it's pretty insignificant difference.

First off, just annoyed they always do maintenance during peak hours in EU. I never take my f-bombs in serious regard. ;)

But yeah, my Titan just rolls with Saint-14, Hung Jury, 1000Y stare and Raze-Lighter through the entire raid. (I like my sword as runner and during the totem phases. No need for heavy really during Warpriest and Golgi aside from the knights during WP. Exotics need to start dropping at 320 too though. My exotic Saint-14 helm is my lowest piece of gear, while also being the best piece of gear perkwise. Never had a single HM helmet drop for me makes it worse. That shit is superrare.

Kyne

The LiTC is the icing on the cake.

I also don't snipe that much so it's an added bonus for me. Me new jam is Titan + Invective + Defender + No backup Plans. You can win so many objective modes with a good bubble. Played Rift last night as part of my weekly bounties. It was Memento. Runner came through the hallway door instead of straight at the Rift. I drop bubble with blessing and he's standing there like, "WTF DO I DO?!" We all rushed out and shot him. So good.

Same here, its like I'm fighting against it with the 1000yd

the AA on -this- particular gun doesn't need to be anything special because of the LiTC. 1-shot body shots that proc that often should not be a thing.

Aqua gets bonus points for running defender though.

Rubenov

I've accepted that Snipers are a big part of the current meta-game so I'm forcing myself to learn how to use them. I spent a good few hours in Elimination yesterday only using my sniper.

It's taking me a bit, but I've landed a few rez-snipes at least.

Funny, I used to almost always snipe, but now with every Joe/Jane thinking he/she is an MLG pro sniper, I've rediscovered flanking with primaries and shotguns.

Almost everyone expects every match to be some kind of sniper standoff, so when you rush and flank they're not expecting it and their team falls apart.

Top Bottom