• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

You guys don't want Bungie touching the AA. They will accidentally make the aiming like Halo 5 and take another 2 months to fix lol.

Destiny gunplay in the fallout universe would be some kind of wet dream. FO4 gunplay is improved from 3, though.

For reals, exactly what I was thinking. I switched firm kb/mouse to xb1 controller and damn what a difference. It feels great. Just missing destiny gunplay haha

LTWood12

Funny, I used to almost always snipe, but now with every Joe/Jane thinking he/she is an MLG pro sniper, I've rediscovered flanking with primaries and shotguns.

Almost everyone expects every match to be some kind of sniper standoff, so when you rush and flank they're not expecting it and their team falls apart.

I can attest to this as someone who was on your ass for two cards this weekend.

Nope, and since it's beta only randomly chosen users can use it for now.

Everyone has access now. But it's not compatible w/ mobile.

Funny, I used to almost always snipe, but now with every Joe/Jane thinking he/she is an MLG pro sniper, I've rediscovered flanking with primaries and shotguns.

Almost everyone expects every match to be some kind of sniper standoff, so when you rush and flank they're not expecting it and their team falls apart.

Whoa, you have an avy :O

Times are changing.

Yea, it might be time to turn into a rush shotgunner. Especially since everyone will have an Eirene with litc

I've switched from sniping to blink shotgunning(Invective) as well. You can catch so many people off guard now that they think they're all sniping experts. It's fun.

My problem is the group of people I normally play trials with doesn't touch snipers. I'm not afraid to switch it up mid-game, but I feel like one of us needs to step up and take on the roll of long-range bitch if we're ever going to see Mercury again.

E92 M3

I used a shotgun for the first time in a while last trials. Invective tore people up.

Wait, the shooting in Halo 5 is bad? I thought everyone was saying how awesome it was when it first launched.

Aiming acceleration is completely fucked (patch is on a way) and I am not relearning how I play FPS for one game. Haven't touched Halo in over a week. Rather disappointing. It also has some other problems.

I spent most of the day yesterday playing PvP using that Eirene and to be honest I find the 1000 yard aimbot easier to use. LiTC on a sniper rifle is still bullshit though.

Hoping for a god roll PDX-45 from the gunsmith next week.

Deku Tree

I don't even attempt to upgrade armor anymore, I just let it happen when it happens. And I'd rather infuse a currently upgraded armor with good perks instead of leveling up a new piece and having "gear variety"... because leveling up takes an insanely long time.

Got no time for that!

I used a shotgun for the first time in a while last trials. Invective tore people up.

Aiming acceleration is completely fucked (patch is on a way) and I am not relearning how I play FPS for one game. Haven't touched Halo in over a week. Rather disappointing. It also has some other problems.

One match i got whooped the first round by 3x snipers. Next round I took out invective and I rush them and got a double kill and we won. After that, it turned into a shotgun battle the rest of the match (I switched back to a sniper) and it was a huge risk. If I couldn't get one with my sniper in the beginning of the round, I'd be bum rushed by multiple shotgunners. It seems like the new great combo is 2x shotgun and 1x sniper. 1 of the shotgunners would normally have his pulse so they cover all grounds. But it depends on the map and team. Some teams covered all lanes in exodus blue real well with 3x snipers and it was a PITA to go anywhere.

I spent most of the day yesterday playing PvP using that Eirene and to be honest I find the 1000 yard aimbot easier to use. LiTC on a sniper rifle is still bullshit though.

Hoping for a god roll PDX-45 from the gunsmith next week.

I hate sniper scopes, so that Eirene scope that basically isn't a scope is a dream come true.

LTWood12

That's terrible.

But also, everything in that video looks plastic. Bungie has made every weapon and armor piece in Destiny look so good, so real.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Bungie's artists are GOAT.

Hi guys. I started playing this game the other day. Already at Mars and lvl 16 with my hunter. I have a spark of light I plan to use on a new class once my hunter does the vanilla story stuff. I will then choose which one I want to continue with.

I have a question though. I know it increases your lvl to 25 and gives you some gear but what happens with subclass skills and missions?

Does it unlock all vanilla missions as if you have done them already?

Do you have to lvl up your subclass as if you were lvl 1? If so what's a good way to lvl it fast? Patrols?

Thanks for any answers.

E92 M3

One match i got whooped the first round by 3x snipers. Next round I took out invective and I rush them and got a double kill and we won. After that, it turned into a shotgun battle the rest of the match (I switched back to a sniper) and it was a huge risk. If I couldn't get one with my sniper in the beginning of the round, I'd be bum rushed by multiple shotgunners. It seems like the new great combo is 2x shotgun and 1x sniper. 1 of the shotgunners would normally have his pulse so they cover all grounds. But it depends on the map and team. Some teams covered all lanes in exodus blue real well with 3x snipers and it was a PITA to go anywhere.

EB seemed to be a great map for shotguns. Most of the time we ran 1 sniper and 2 shotguns. That indeed was the best combo for the map. We'll see what the map is tomorrow.

That's terrible.

But also, everything in that video looks plastic. Bungie has made every weapon and armor piece in Destiny look so good, so real.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Bungie's artists are GOAT.

343 doesn't touch Bungie's artists. Bungie have always been fantastic at it.

GhaleonEB

Hi guys. I started playing this game the other day. Already at Mars and lvl 16 with my hunter. I have a spark of light I plan to use on a new class once my hunter does the vanilla story stuff. I will then choose which one I want to continue with.

I have a question though. I know it increases your lvl to 25 and gives you some gear but what happens with subclass skills and missions?

Does it unlock all vanilla missions as if you have done them already?

Do you have to lvl up your subclass as if you were lvl 1? If so what's a good way to lvl it fast? Patrols?

Thanks for any answers.
I don't think it levels your subclass, or unlocks missions. It does make it so you can jump straight into the TTK story line.

Personally, I'd keep going with the story as you are playing it. It'll be more fun and you'll be at the TTK missions at the right player level before much longer.

Nightz

Ugh, need 7 calcified fragments more for the ToM quest. Pretty much need to do all the Court of Oryx stuff. Would anyone be able to help out at some point today?

I don't think it levels your subclass, or unlocks missions. It does make it so you can jump straight into the TTK story line.

Personally, I'd keep going with the story as you are playing it. It'll be more fun and you'll be at the TTK missions at the right player level before much longer.

Huh. it sounds almost pointless. I'll just stick with my hunter then.

JonCha

I'll be online in about half an hour if some folks want to do the Nightfall with me. My PSN its itsjoncharles so just message me there or quote me here. Otherwise I'll be rolling the dice with LFG lol.

Ugh, need 7 calcified fragments more for the ToM quest. Pretty much need to do all the Court of Oryx stuff. Would anyone be able to help out at some point today?

If you don't find anyone, just remember that you get a 50% damage bonus if you ever find yourself solo-ing in Court of Oryx.

Reminds me of all the Carcosa shit.

Well put. Warlocks are evil as hell. Toland wasn't a good guy.

Then again:

"The Titans decry the Voidwalkers of our use of Light. Vampiric and grotesque, they call us. But how do they think their Disintegration barriers form? What do they think happens to their atomized victims? Titans can be so amusing." - Ikora Rey​

Are we expecting anything from this maintenance? I don't know how this shit works, but can they change or add stuff during maintenance or does it have to be a downloadable patch?
If they're not going to add anything, all I expect from the game now is for them to try to rebalance pvp and for them to flip the switch on the remaining exotics.

I'm not putting all my hope and faith on the challenge mode and I hope other people aren't either. Seriously, lower your expectations on that.

I think it's mostly useful for leveling an alt quickly. You may not want to play the main story again, so it's a way to get a jump start and go straight to the TTK content.

Seems a bit strange to want to do TTK content with no subclass skills though. If it just maxed out your default one that would make sense. Plus unlocked all story missions so you could just redo them on hard rather than go through them in order again.

I dunno. Seems like it only half boosts your to 25

Don't get too excited. Always expect the worse; it's better to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not expecting anything really after the last couple weeks. I'm hoping for a Challenge date and for them to start addressing everything that sucks about the game at the moment. I want to want to play but right now I just don't want to play ya know what I mean?

If I get a fucking Indian headdress and turkeys before they fix crap I'm done.

fake edit: ok I will take an exotic Indian headdress.

Seems a bit strange to want to do TTK content with no subclass skills though. If it just maxed out your default one that would make sense. Plus unlocked all story missions so you could just redo them on hard rather than go through them in order again.

Most people did TTK with no subclass skills because we were all given our third subclass after the very first TTK mission. So we only had the first 4 or 5 nodes in that tree to start with.

Damn Inapp, you have some stamina.

I was going to spend the time finishing up Tomb Raider: DE but my save file on that got corrupted when I was right near the end of the game. Found out afterwards it's a common issue when you save and quit at a certain spot with no fix, that's some Bethesda level shit right there.

GhaleonEB

I agree. I've never used it myself (it's still in my vault because you can't seen to delete it), but I don't understand leveling the character but not moving the subclass at all.

The fact that they're doing maintenance today seems to indicate that we'll be getting a patch early next week. They've said that the patch will have some other good stuff in it, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got both teases and some good info.

Huh. it sounds almost pointless. I'll just stick with my hunter then.

I think it's mostly useful for leveling an alt quickly. You may not want to play the main story again, so it's a way to get a jump start and go straight to the TTK content.

Ghaleon is correct in that it doesn't level your subclass but it isn't useless per say. It also auto-generates you level 25 gear. I popped it on a new character and then continued to just play through the story missions from the start (level 2 or whatever) like normal.

Not only did it allow me to use my Y1 Legendary and Exotic stuff to cruise through the content quick and easily but engrams that drop are Light Level appropriate-ish. So rather than getting a bunch of White quality items and weapons (which don't give you armor or weapon parts when you shard them), you end up getting Greens and Blues constnatly, which very quickly adds up.

Edit: Also, I believe it does give you access to any and all locations that you've already been to on your account. Since I have a fully level main character, I got access to everything the moment I popped that level 25 item. Whereas my Level 9 Titan was still restricted to the normal progression.

I was going to spend the time finishing up Tomb Raider: DE but my save file on that got corrupted when I was right near the end of the game. Found out afterwards it's a common issue when you save and quit at a certain spot with no fix, that's some Bethesda level shit right there.

Whaaat? I'd be furious. I love TR and if that happens to me I'll probably cry.

edit: oh you said DE, as in the last game right? I hope there's nothing like that in RotTR

Top Bottom