• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

phen0m24

Dammit. I had this suspicion in the back of my mind that he ran the show once, but I couldn't find it.

It can be done, but may require practice and trying out different weapon sets. Namely... swords.

;) I only knew because of Trance telling me to write like Cozmo. I looked it up yesterday. And his writing is
annoyingly
similar to deej's in that update.

Ghaleon is correct in that it doesn't level your subclass but it isn't useless per say. It also auto-generates you level 25 gear. I popped it on a new character and then continued to just play through the story missions from the start (level 2 or whatever) like normal.

Not only did it allow me to use my Y1 Legendary and Exotic stuff to cruise through the content quick and easily but engrams that drop are Light Level appropriate-ish. So rather than getting a bunch of White quality items and weapons (which don't give you armor or weapon parts when you shard them), you end up getting Greens and Blues constnatly, which very quickly adds up.

Edit: Also, I believe it does give you access to any and all locations that you've already been to on your account. Since I have a fully level main character, I got access to everything the moment I popped that level 25 item. Whereas my Level 9 Titan was still restricted to the normal progression.

Huh OK I guess I will still do an alternative with it at some point. Shame you even have to bother redoing main story but I guess at least it will be easy.

;) I only knew because of Trance telling me to write like Cozmo. I looked it up yesterday. And his writing is
annoyingly
similar to deej's in that update.

I'm sure that's because Cozmo doesn't have his own identity yet. He's still new and the best way to not fuck up your new job is to act exactly like your superiors/predecessors.

Or... he is just like Deej, and we've broken a mirror or something.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
Semi serious question: Does the raid actually drop armor other than gauntlets? Multiple clears and nothing but gauntlets.

Also, did anybody else lose all of their information on the companion app?

Afrocious

Shot in the dark here, but do any of you know how sites and apps deal with PSN/XBL accounts?

Bungie is hush hush about how they authenticate PSN/XBL IDs.

It's one thing to be able to search for Destiny players by PSN IDs and Gamertags, but it's another to have these users authenticate via using PSN/Gamertag credentials.

Huh OK I guess I will still do an alternative with it at some point. Shame you even have to bother redoing main story but I guess at least it will be easy.

I mean, you won't have to do the story from the beginning once your main gets far enough along, but I elected to try it out and it's working in my favor since I also got the class item that increases XP gain and all the weapons and armor that drops as I play immediately becomes a supply of weapon and armor parts for my main character.

Afrocious

Semi serious question: Does the raid actually drop armor other than gauntlets? Multiple clears and nothing but gauntlets.

The maintenance is happening at the moment. The companion app uses the api I was mentioning before, so the services are partially down.

The odd part is that I'm able to access stuff like records and whatnot.

I'm pretty sure 3 pieces of the armor drop from Golgoroth, which is dumb.

The helmet only drops from Oryx, who also only drops Primaries, which is also dumb.

My friend has only seen Titan boots for weeks.

Deku Tree

Warlock 314
Hunter 315
Titan 315

Really once you hit 314-315 or higher it is more likely than not that doing the raid 3x in a week will net you nothing that can usefully progress your light level.

And Bungie has re-organized the system so that you don't accumulate any items that you will feel entitled to trade for something like glimmer or w/e later on... No ascendant or Radiant shards, and no-elight...

Afrocious

Warlock 314
Hunter 315
Titan 315

Really once you hit 314-315 or higher it is more likely than not that doing the raid 3x in a week will net you nothing that can usefully progress your light level.

And Bungie has re-organized the system so that you don't accumulate any items that you will feel entitled to trade for something like glimmer or w/e later on... No ascendant or Radiant shards, and no-elight...

Exactly. This is why I won't fret if I can't complete KF HM on my two other guardians. At this point, I'm more focused on finding armor with perks and stats I like.

Shiv47

I've run NM on my Titan three or four times, and gotten the helmet, boots, and gauntlets. Done HM a couple times and gotten gauntlets (2x) and boots (2x). Never seen a chest piece.

lynux3

Shot in the dark here, but do any of you know how sites and apps deal with PSN/XBL accounts?

It's one thing to be able to search for Destiny players by PSN IDs and Gamertags, but it's another to have these users authenticate via using PSN/Gamertag credentials.

It's likely done via SAML auth.

FyreWulff

If you mean you want to let people log in with their PSN/XBL account via your site, you can't do that.

Bungie used to do it via Microsoft Passport but now they just use the Live login. Sony has a solution but you need to be a fully licensed developer to use it.

What apps do is have people log into Bungie.net themselves first and then start making calls to the Bungie website.

StMeph

299 light now after doing normal mode KF last night.

It took a long time, but it was fun to see and learn everything. Got a few items, too, so it's hard to complain, but I'm not sure what to do with the 310 hand cannon from Oryx at the end. It's by far my highest light primary (next is 296), but it also doesn't seem to be very good. Should I equip and use it, or suck it up and infuse it, losing some difference and probably end up with a 307ish primary?

Deku Tree

Yea my diagonal works just fine in Halo 5 too. It wouldn't be remotely playable if that were the case. Must be that person's controller.

It must be a lot of people's controllers because it's a hugely documented problem and people across the Internet are complaining about it.

It took a long time, but it was fun to see and learn everything. Got a few items, too, so it's hard to complain, but I'm not sure what to do with the 310 hand cannon from Oryx at the end. It's by far my highest light primary (next is 296), but it also doesn't seem to be very good. Should I equip and use it, or suck it up and infuse it, losing some difference and probably end up with a 307ish primary?

What's your 296? Do you have the vendor Hung Jury from Dead Orbit?

Also, are you 299 after you equip your 310 HC?

If your vendor Hung Jury is your 296, infuse it! Otherwise, what level is it at and what options to do you to infuse that?

If you don't have it, buy it!

LifEndz

That handcannon is horrible and you should infuse it into something else. Just keep in mind the whole infusion penalty if the gap in light is more than 5. There's an app that's actually pretty accurate for light levels after infusion.

Infuse it into your best primary, the raid hand cannon is a massive pile of shit.

flkraven

Looks like bounties' XP may be bugged for leveling up gear

From the comments:

I just spent a lot of time testing this last night, was going to write up a post but may as well add it here. I have more details (don't have my notes with me) but my testing lines up with OP's results.

I tried blues, purples, exotics, all got the same amount of XP.

Also tried equipping some fully leveled items, didn't change how much XP was applied to non-leveled items.

I did my testing by loading destinystatus.com, applying some XP, then reloading destinystatus.com

Class item boost means equipping a class item that has "increased rate for hand cannon/etc"

Weapon, Armor (including Ghost shell), Subclass/Light Level Bar

2500 XP Bounty
Weapon: 525 XP
Armor: 500 XP
Subclass: 2500 XP

3000 XP Bounty
Weapon: 600 XP
Armor: ?
Subclass: 3000 XP

Motes seem to level everything up equally.

recks

Has Bungie ever said anything about the fact that strikes can't drop Legendary Weapon Engrams? One of the dumbest design decisions on this game. Can't even try to farm for a not shitty Hawksaw thanks to that :/

Deku Tree

Has Bungie ever said anything about the fact that strikes can't drop Legendary Weapon Engrams? One of the dumbest design decisions on this game. Can't even try to farm for a not shitty Hawksaw thanks to that :/

Buy three copies of the Suros gunsmith pulse this week and hope for God rolls in the future. It's basically a hawksaw.

Or farm the grasp.

Deku Tree

Already did. Still can't understand why they did this tho, brings nothing good to the game :/

Yeah it's dumb... I guess you get three guaranteed legendary engrams from your first three strikes, and those can be weapons, and that's it. I got a 310 truth from one of those.

StMeph

What's your 296? Do you have the vendor Hung Jury from Dead Orbit?

Also, are you 299 after you equip your 310 HC?

If your vendor Hung Jury is your 296, infuse it! Otherwise, what level is it at and what options to do you to infuse that?

It's 299 with the hand cannon. I'm working on my Dead Orbit rep right now, so I don't have Hung Jury yet. I'm also too low on motes/glimmer to powerlevel it after spending it to order guns and level gear.

Current options are not great: I have a middling 296 Hawksaw or 296 Antipodal Hindsight.

That handcannon is horrible and you should infuse it into something else. Just keep in mind the whole infusion penalty if the gap in light is more than 5. There's an app that's actually pretty accurate for light levels after infusion.

I did use the calculator, and that's where the 307 number came from.

I guess we'll see the weekly after the patch.

Glimmer for weapon parts. 500 glimmer for 1 part, calling it now.

I don't know what the exchange rate will be, but I'm sure they will bundle multiple weapon parts (e.g. 3, 5, or 10). For example, planetary materials are bundled into groups of 10...

Edit: Top of page!
tumblr_nqbssylkHw1qjegtao1_500.jpg

LTWood12

I guess we'll see the weekly after the patch.

Glimmer for weapon parts. 500 glimmer for 1 part, calling it now.

It will be because of the donations aspect of getting rep. Wish they'd just take weapon parts out as an option for that and just loosen the fucking purse strings.

Top Bottom