• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

LTWood12

You're right they did, if thats the case they need to address the glimmer nerf as well.

I'll revise my prediction to 1000 glimmer for 10 parts

I WANT to believe it'll be that, but I can't imagine them being that common sense about it.

A full entire raid completed on HM, and the best thing I got was a 316 Auto rifle.

This is ridiculous.

At this point I only do it for fun, and go into it not expecting anything. Once you hit 313/314 there's really not much of a chance of getting anything that's going to improve your Light level.

Deku Tree

It will be because of the donations aspect of getting rep. Wish they'd just take weapon parts out as an option for that and just loosen the fucking purse strings.

You're right they did, if thats the case they need to address the glimmer nerf as well.

I'll revise my prediction to 1000 glimmer for 10 parts

I posted a while back that based upon the heavy synth to rep conversion ratio and the cost of heavy synth at the gunsmith, that 25 parts should cost around 2900 glimmer in order to be consistent...

... but they could just reduce the amount of rep you get for weapons parts and reduce the cost of weapons parts at the same time.

bitsurugi

I guess we'll see the weekly after the patch.

Glimmer for weapon parts. 500 glimmer for 1 part, calling it now.

At this point, why even have weapon parts? Just another dumb material. Don't we have enough of them?

If X weapons parts = Y glimmer... why even have it in the first place? Just add the glimmer requirement to upgrading and add the glimmer you get from dismantling weapons.

This way we'd have also more space for the vault.

I don't know what the exchange rate will be, but I'm sure they will bundle multiple weapon parts (e.g. 3, 5, or 10). For example, planetary materials are bundled into groups of 10...

If they were selling wp for silver, sure.

It will be because of the donations aspect of getting rep. Wish they'd just take weapon parts out as an option for that and just loosen the fucking purse strings.

Yeah, who even donates wp and am for rep? The amount of rep you get from them is way too low.

I posted a while back that based upon the heavy synth to rep conversion ratio and the cost of heavy synth at the gunsmith, that 25 parts should cost around 2900 glimmer in order to be consistent...

... but they could just reduce the amount of rep you get for weapons parts and reduce the cost of weapons parts at the same time.

That would mean close to 100 glimmer per weapon part. No way.

Best case scenario it will be 5 wp for 1000 glimmer.

what would work best is remove the parts/synths/motes for rep, bring back the NF Buff and XP gains and remove the full XP to crucible/vanguard and 50% to factions. I go up a faction level about every 2-3 weeks now

Deku Tree

what would work best is remove the parts/synths/motes for rep, bring back the NF Buff and XP gains and remove the full XP to crucible/vanguard and 50% to factions. I go up a faction level about every 2-3 weeks now

Yeah I don't understand when people say this... I get like 1-2 Faction Rank ups per week right now here is how I do it.

I do NF 3x. I do HM KF 3x. I do gunsmith test weapons. And I pick up the easy bounties every day (I skip picking up the ones that hare more tedious to complete) and turn in the ones that I complete just by playing the game normally. And I always equip the correct glimmer generating ghost for the situation, or pop glimmer consumables. And then I do whatever (recently been mostly nothing).

I seem to get enough motes + glimmer from that and from turning in bounties that I end up completing in order to make enough donations to do at least one faction rank up per week, sometimes two (because I often have left over heavy synth or motes from last week).

I never use motes to level up gear or do anything else. So I like the ability to donate motes and heavy synth for faction rep. Never donate anything else though.

Kyne

weekly update

best case scenario:
- address what some of the game changes are for December
- address details in challenge mode/announce release day

most likely scenario:
- nothing important

worse case scenario:
- announce some kind of new microtransaction item that isn't purely aesthetic

noomi

I also meant to ask, is it possible for anyone to be rank 10 at the gunsmith yet? I just hit 8 today but I've been slacking...

Curious to know if there is anything special at rank 10.

bitsurugi

I have cleared HM 3x every week since it came out and you have gotten as many primaries above 310 as I have.

With this infusion system it will be harder to get anything, progressively, each week as you level up.

The system could use some tweaks like this:

- what if you could ''melt'' 3x level 314 primaries and get a 316 out of those? This way, even if are 318 or 319 you'd have some sort of usage from lower level items, you'd need more of those, but they'd be still usable. You can level up for sure, but it takes more time that leveling with higher level items.

Just an idea, i think it ain't bad at all.

Afrocious

Thanks to nami, he was feeling very creative a few days ago :p

Our crew normally does 3x Hard Mode on Tuesday at around 6PM, why do you ask?

Same group of the same people? KK. Just wondering because I'm looking to possibly get my alts done at the same time as I get my main done. Dunno if you have slots in there. Also I think it's funny how we've yet to play Destiny at all together despite posting all the time in DGAF.

I got the idea from figs when she mentioned possibly running alts with you and I figured I'd ask as well. My group? We don't normally run alts, though Destiny isn't being too kind with loot when you're 314-315.

Also, it doesn't help we don't have a full 6 man team either anymore, but that's another problem.

Mupod

:D

Eirene has fuck all AA compared to 1000yd. 21 to 1000yds 56 + 20 for shortgaze .

But yep, trials this weekend is going to be fun as hell, after nearly killing it off with Bannerfall they redeem themselves with Exodus Blue then give everyone LiTC
[/IMG]

Same here, its like I'm fighting against it with the 1000yd

I really really like Eirene, mostly for PVE but I use it in PVP too. I've got a 1000 yard stare with hidden hand/shortgaze and I just don't do any better with it. I think my brain just cannot wrap around the concept of console shooter autoaim. Maybe it only makes sense to all these goddamn kids who grew up with the call of halos.

I thankfully have a way to get this week's Eirene roll as I drunkenly bought a second Eirene ticket on my Titan one day. I unfortunately have to just about finish the entire weekly crucible unlock questline to hit rank 3 gunsmith on that character. But...I'm almost done! Just need the Gunsmith part of it. I will be recruiting for a Crucible train tonight to get my (at least) 12 remaining wins.

Guns I'll be using for the 4 'get 6 kills and win 3x' steps:

AR - I'm thinking the old Summoner I got from Trials. I don't like ARs but this thing looks my style. If it doesn't work I'll try Suros.
Handcannon - Hawkmoon seems like the only handcannon even still usable. I'd use Thorn for shits but I bet the DoT doesn't count for the quest.
Pulse rifle - lol
Scout - Probably Jade Rabbit. If not, I've got a couple interesting scouts I got from random rolls I could use. Too bad I'm not doing this questline on my Warlock for Tlaloc.

Deku Tree

Why even level up a faction anymore?

Strange coins, shaders, emblems, ships, armor pieces, hoping for god roll weapons (usually legendary marks) and that rank 25 exotic class item.

I got a pretty awesome looking and god roll FWC helmet for my Hunter from a rank up. And I plan to wear it regularly and infuse it up to max light at some point when I have enough infusion materials.

I got the DO Year 2 ship, and I am expecting to get the FWC Year 2 ship before reaching rank 25. Then I'll start my Titan doing NM.

Why even level up a faction anymore? I'm sure no one needs a 280-290 light piece of armor nor a useless vendor weapon.

Ships you say? They don't exist, not for most players anyway.

Expecting it to remain so until challenge mode comes out.
More shaders I guess.

I've seen people post on Reddit that ships are almost guaranteed at rank 25 now. I am still waaaay far off from that on my alts. I spent too much time on three DO characters trying to get shaders in Y1.

Expecting it to remain so until challenge mode comes out.

Yeah it blows, I can't even play Fallout 4 because the frame drops and screen tear (it's been happening to me), has made me get motion sickness for the first time from a game.

I guess I have Battlefront next week! :p

Lnkn52

Yeah it blows, I can't even play Fallout 4 because the frame drops and screen tear (it's been happening to me), has made me get motion sickness for the first time from a game.

I only get a bit of motion sickness when I'm using pip boy.

Deku Tree

I feel like I get a virtually guaranteed "shader, emblem, or ship" type item every two rank ups. I was at FWC rank 3 on my Hunter when TTK dropped. I am now at around rank 17. I have all the shaders, all but one of the emblems, and I'm still waiting for the ship.

I have the feeling that the shaders and emblems drop randomly, but the ship only has a very small chance to drop before you have all the shaders and emblems... but after you have them all then the ship will be the only thing left to drop so you'll get it.

More shaders I guess.

I've seen people post on Reddit that ships are almost guaranteed at rank 25 now. I am still waaaay far off from that on my alts. I spent too much time on three DO characters trying to get shaders in Y1.
I got the New Monarchy and FWC ships between ranks 22-25 on two characters and I got the Dead Orbit ship around rank 26-27 on my Warlock. I also somehow unlocked a Dead Orbit shader in my kiosk without getting it in game.

GhaleonEB

I have two partially charged antiquated runes, but no idea how to get stolen runes to charge it. I ran ~30 reciprocal runes without getting one at the Court. :\

Strange coins, shaders, emblems, ships, armor pieces, hoping for god roll weapons (usually legendary marks) and that rank 25 exotic class item.

I got a pretty awesome looking and god roll FWC helmet for my Hunter from a rank up. And I plan to wear it regularly and infuse it up to max light at some point when I have enough infusion materials.

I got the DO Year 2 ship, and I am expecting to get the FWC Year 2 ship before reaching rank 25. Then I'll start my Titan doing NM.

The chances of getting those rolls are so low that it's not even worth the effort of leveling up.

More shaders I guess.

I doubt they're guaranteed. All 3 toons are 25+ on DO and only one got the new ship (ugly trials reskinned one).

Every 5 ranks should guarantee a shader. Every 10 a ship. Make it so players will have something to look for while grinding rep. Layers upon layers of RNG on everything is no fun.

Motion sickness from dropped frames, that's a first but I guess it could happen. Can you sue Bethesda for that? :p

noomi

Same group of the same people? KK. Just wondering because I'm looking to possibly get my alts done at the same time as I get my main done. Dunno if you have slots in there. Also I think it's funny how we've yet to play Destiny at all together despite posting all the time in DGAF.

I got the idea from figs when she mentioned possibly running alts with you and I figured I'd ask as well.

Yeah, fig has joined us a couple of times over the past few weeks. Normally it's the same group of people that try to raid together, but as of lately we have many more that want to raid so we try and shift people around and get everyone their 3x raids. Usually 6PM is when the core group gets the raids done.

I think you are on my friends list so feel free to shoot me a message whenever :) Can't promise an open spot, but I think we are at the point where we can have 3 separate raid groups :p

Deku Tree

The chances of getting those rolls are so low that it's not even worth the effort of leveling up.

Well if you saw my earlier post where I explained how I get about one to two faction rank ups a week without much effort at all, just by donating stuff that I accumulate through the normal play that I would do anyway.

I have two partially charged antiquated runes, but no idea how to get stolen runes to charge it. I ran ~30 reciprocal runes without getting one at the Court. :

Let other players do a stolen or antiquated rune, you'll have a higher chance of getting stolen runes. Also, Eris will swap 20 black wax idols for a stolen rune.

Leveling up eris can also grant a bunch of random runes, and so does the CoO weekly bounty.

Deku Tree

I doubt they're guaranteed. All 3 toons are 25+ on DO and only one got the new ship (ugly trials reskinned one).

IMO that's the only DO ship that can drop now. So you got all of the possible DO ships that you can get currently.

Never seen any evidence of anyone getting either of the other two DO ships to drop during Year 2.

Well if you saw my earlier post where I explained how I get about one to two faction rank ups a week without much effort at all, just by donating stuff that I accumulate through the normal play that I would do anyway.

I know, I did that a lot during the initial weeks. Close to 70 ranks across 3 toons.

Realised the rewards are mostly worthless so I stopped.

Every 5 ranks should guarantee a shader. Every 10 a ship. Make it so players will have something to look for while grinding rep. Layers upon layers of RNG on everything is no fun.

Motion sickness from dropped frames, that's a first but I guess it could happen. Can you sue Bethesda for that? :p
You got the only DO ship. You won't get another one because of the new system. Fermi Solution is gone :(

I have ranked up to 25 9 times, 6 post-TTK. I have one ship.
dam_son.jpg

IMO that's the only DO ship that can drop now. So you got all of the possible DO ships that you can get currently.

Never seen any evidence of anyone getting either of the other two DO ships to drop during Year 2.

That's what I thought, the old one is definitely not in the loot pool but where is the third one, it was introduced with TTK after all? Another timegate? A bug? Reward at rank 999? Who knows...

stay gold

So I grabbed the NTTE quest from Lakshmi but have no impetus at all to actually do it yet. Does anyone know if im safe to change back to Dead Orbit, or will I lose the mission?

noomi

I have ranked up to 25 9 times, 6 post-TTK. I have one ship.

Well well well, what do we have here? Hey reign!

Seriously though, the drop rate on ships is as shitty as it ever was. What's even worse is that it doesn't seem you can get pre-TTK ships to drop... which is even shittier :/

Actually since we're talking about shit you know what the shittiest thing of all is, that I will never be able to get the Black Spindle ship. If you haven't had it drop on one of your 3 characters by doing the Spindle mission it will apparently never drop.

GhaleonEB

You can buy stolen runes from Eris.

Let other players do a stolen or antiquated rune, you'll have a higher chance of getting stolen runes. Also, Eris will swap 20 black wax idols for a stolen rune.

Leveling up eris can also grant a bunch of random runes, and so does the CoO weekly bounty.

I know Eris swaps them, but 20 black wax idols is highway robbery; I could buy 2 and wipe out my stash. :\

The only way I know of to level Eris' rank is CoO, and at 25 rep per reciprocal rune, it's sloooow going. I join others when I can at the Court, but it's usually empty and I'm nearly through my pile of reciprocals. Is there another way to level her rep?

CoO has great potential but it just feels like there's no reliable way to get the high end runes.

Deku Tree

I know, I did that a lot during the initial weeks. Close to 70 ranks across 3 toons.

Realised the rewards are mostly worthless so I stopped.

Motes of light laying around, and being at glimmer cap is worthless. Accumulating strange coins is useful. So to me the rewards are not mostly worthless. But to each their own.

Top Bottom