• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Nightz

I know Eris swaps them, but 20 black wax idols is highway robbery; I could buy 2 and wipe out my stash. :\

The only way I know of to level Eris' rank is CoO, and at 25 rep per reciprocal rune, it's sloooow going. I join others when I can at the Court, but it's usually empty and I'm nearly through my pile of reciprocals. Is there another way to level her rep?

CoO has great potential but it just feels like there's no reliable way to get the high end runes.

I can run CoO with you later today. I need to get my calcified fragments and also beat a tier 3 in under 2 minutes.

Motes of light laying around, and being at glimmer cap is worthless. Accumulating strange coins is useful. So to me the rewards are not mostly worthless. But to each their own.

You're giving the example of a player like yourself who is playing every week, doing bounties, weapon testing, running strikes, etc.

Most are no longer doing that. Xur can't offer you much in terms of progression, only collection. Nothing apart from hard raid and trials can boost light levels, that too at the mercy of various levels of RNG. Faction rewards are very underwhelming.

There is no carrot anymore, so why bother?

I hate being negative but the state of the game is such.

Toki767

I know Eris swaps them, but 20 black wax idols is highway robbery; I could buy 2 and wipe out my stash. :\

The only way I know of to level Eris' rank is CoO, and at 25 rep per reciprocal rune, it's sloooow going. I join others when I can at the Court, but it's usually empty and I'm nearly through my pile of reciprocals. Is there another way to level her rep?

CoO has great potential but it just feels like there's no reliable way to get the high end runes.

There should be a set of cycling Dreadnaught bounties that automatically get added to your quest bounties that helps levels up Crota's Bane rank.

Something like melee 15 Taken, complete an antiquated rune in 2 minutes, and one other one.

Deku Tree

You're giving the example of a player like yourself who is playing every week, doing bounties, weapon testing, running strikes, etc.

Most are no longer doing that. Xur can't offer you much in terms of progression, only collection. Nothing apart from hard raid and trials can boost light levels, that too at the mercy of various levels of RNG. Faction rewards are very underwhelming.

There is no carrot anymore, so why bother?

I hate being negative but the state of the game is such.

I only do NF. I haven't run a strike, or a daily in many weeks now.

I do NF 3x and HM KF 3x and then I wait until next week.

I play for fun and to relax. I don't play for the carrot. Although it is fun to get a nice drop still.

My impression is that for the short term Bungie is happy for people to take a break if they feel like doing so. Play something else, or do something else.

There should be a set of cycling Dreadnaught bounties that automatically get added to your quest bounties that helps levels up Crota's Bane rank.

Something like melee 15 Taken, complete an antiquated rune in 2 minutes, and one other one.
There are. You get them randomly for completing Court of Oryx and completing one string of them is almost an entire Eris Morn rank.

E92 M3

I implore Bungie to give us a guaranteed source of coins again. For the most part, I hate going out of my way to do bounties.

platocplx

I implore Bungie to give us a guaranteed source of coins again. For the most part, I hate going out of my way to do bounties.

Coins Can come from completing bounties(Vendor Rank up), or doing the Secret Patrols, or doing PoE with a treasure key you could get a lot.

E92 M3

Coins Can come from completing bounties(Vendor Rank up), or doing the Secret Patrols, or doing PoE with a treasure key you could get a lot.

Yeah, I know, but that's a hassle. They should have put some into CoO, though. I liked having a weekly that guaranteed 9 coins. It allowed me to calculate all expenses and determine if I want to spend any.

GhaleonEB

I can run CoO with you later today. I need to get my calcified fragments and also beat a tier 3 in under 2 minutes.
Yeah, I need the same ones, I've only done one (the wizard with the poison ground). I'll be on tonight after I break in Fallout 4. Lord help me with juggling these games. :lol

Where do you get those? I have one left, to finish a tier 3 in under 2 minutes, but I've had it forever and never gotten any others. Would be nice if Eris gave them out like Petra did.

Jabronium

So I know this will be a long shot, but figured I'd ask if there are any plans for Spindle runs when the game comes back up. Earlier PUG attempts were spectacular failures.

Got a 310 Jade Rabbit from a legendary engram last night. That was a nice surprise. I infused it to my Nirwen's Mercy, because I prefer the Boolean Gemini if we're talking scout rifles.

The Black Spindle is the daily tonight? I might try to run it blind with a friend. We did that with Praedyth's ghosts and had a good time.

The problem isn't that the is no more carrot, it's that the the stick was lengthened and now the carrot seems further away than ever. Plus, the carrot has gotten old and moldy, so not only is it further away, but it's just a gross recolored version of a carrot we already got.

I do not under stand why they nerfed Faction ranks. It takes waaaaay too long now. I've been sitting on rank 23 of new Monarchy for the last 2 weeks.

They didn't, really. 5 motes for 100 faction rep is dirt cheap, and motes don't really have any other value besides leveling gear.

E92 M3

They didn't, really. 5 motes for 100 faction rep is dirt cheap, and motes don't really have any other value besides leveling gear.

Until in the next expansion motes do something new. Bungie has taught me that hoarding is the best insurance policy in Destny.

The problem isn't that the is no more carrot, it's that the the stick was lengthened and now the carrot seems further away than ever. Plus, the carrot has gotten old and moldy, so not only is it further away, but it's just a gross recolored version of a carrot we already got.

Lol, I haven't missed Destiny at all this week, even if they shake things i'm up I reckon I can say the hook has well and truly been removed. The only thing that could bring me back on board is restoring Hawkmoon and TLW to there former glory, even Challenge mode doesn't excite me

Holy crap! How? The true 1% of the 1%. I will never have any of the faction stuff outside my main toon's DO bond.

Destiny-small-171.jpg

Well well well, what do we have here? Hey reign!

Seriously though, the drop rate on ships is as shitty as it ever was. What's even worse is that it doesn't seem you can get pre-TTK ships to drop... which is even shittier :/

Actually since we're talking about shit you know what the shittiest thing of all is, that I will never be able to get the Black Spindle ship. If you haven't had it drop on one of your 3 characters by doing the Spindle mission it will apparently never drop.

Utterly mystifying that people at Bungie decided to take ships (and some emblems and shaders) out of the loot table. I remember listening to Luke Smith, who I still think is terrific, opine about how it's ok to not get stuff because it is impactful to not get what you want in a game, just like real life.

I get restrictive RNG or lofty skill checks, but removing items altogether doesn't seem to have any basis, especially when many of these items show in the kiosks. Like, I get it; Every pet-owner's pet will die, and they will have to deal with that loss. But forgive me if I just don't see what the hell that has to do with stopping Guardians from obtaining the Fermi Solution.

Utterly mystifying that people at Bungie decided to take ships (and some emblems and shaders) out of the loot table. I remember listening to Luke Smith, who I still think is terrific, opine about how it's ok to not get stuff because it is impactful to not get what you want in a game, just like real life.

I get restrictive RNG or lofty skill checks, but removing items altogether doesn't seem to have any basis, especially when many of these items show in the kiosks. Like, I get it; Every pet-owner's pet will die, and they will have to deal with that loss. But forgive me if I just don't see what the hell that has to do with stopping Guardians from obtaining the Fermi Solution.
Did those other versions of the faction ships (like the one that looks exactly like the Fermi) actually ever drop?

TP-DK

They are obviously extending the downtime period because changing to dedicated servers takes time, right?..... Right guys?

Not unless you want to farm for strike exclusive loot.

Even if you are missing some 310 exotics, chances are you'll just get some shitty ghost or something.

I like how Bungie has pigeon holed me into just playing HM raid once a week, and really not giving a flip about anything else the game has to offer. Lol. Is this what they wanted? Because I dont care about anything other than completing the HM raid.

That happened last night, so now I just put the game away till next week. Why would they do this?

Shiv47

Bullshit. I'm playing a game where I'm an essentially immortal space soldier with superpowers, and they can't give me something as inconsequential as ships and shaders because it's nice or somehow "meaningful" to want things? That's just beyond dumb. I play this game to have fun and just occasionally, escape from "real life." Give me all the stuff, even if it takes a while.

Top Bottom