• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

I think you have it backwards. They probably fixed something by accident, realized whatever they did would cause the playerbase too much fun, and now they're going to nerf whatever it was.

Dev1: "Hey John, we just discovered HM raid is guaranteeing loot for every boss kill."
Dev2: "We need to extend maintenance time now, investment teams says people will leave if they good loot."
Dev1: "You sure? People have been complaining."
Dev2: "Yeah, if they have too much fun Destiny will be abandoned. By the way, we're nerfing hand cannons again next week. Some people still use them apparently."

SpecX

Dev1: "Hey John, we just discovered HM raid is guaranteeing loot for every boss kill."
Dev2: "We need to extend maintenance time now, investment teams says people will leave if they good loot."
Dev2: "Yeah, if they have too much fun Destiny will be abandoned. By the way, we're nerfing hand cannons again next week. Some people still use them apparently."

LMAO, how much worse could hand cannons be?

D_psipher

LOL, this is funny because it true...and sad.

Is this anything but maintenance?

A patch?

Iron Banner?

No?

They've only called it maintenance.

I know it might seem silly to get pissed off, but I can't help but feel very annoyed by this. It's a pisstake enough that a product such as this ISN'T playable for any period of downtime, there should be some offline support.

And then if that sounds unreasonable, then they should at least adhere to the schedule they've put forth. If they couldn't complete it on time, they should reschedule it for another day.

Don't continually add another hour.

GlamFM

Banned
They've only called it maintenance.

I know it might seem silly to get pissed off, but I can't help but feel very annoyed by this. It's a pisstake enough that a product such as this ISN'T playable for any period of downtime, there should be some offline support.

And then if that sounds unreasonable, then they should at least adhere to the schedule they've put forth. If they couldn't complete it on time, they should reschedule it for another day.

Don't continually add another hour.

I disagree with everything you just said, but I like Destiny just as much as you do ;)

Waiting patiently
staring at the clock
for Nintendo Direct in 1.7 hours. I forgot there's a BWU today. Although I have 0.01 % expectations that anything cool/interesting/good will come out of it, I'm still interested what it's going to be.

Have they confirmed no patch today?

Historically, patches usually come out Monday or Tuesday so the team will have the rest of the week in case something needs to be fixed.

Thursdays are often chosen for maintenance to prep for patches or to actually perform maintenance.

Mupod

if something is common or easy to get I generally don't want it anyways.

I like how Bungie has pigeon holed me into just playing HM raid once a week, and really not giving a flip about anything else the game has to offer. Lol. Is this what they wanted? Because I dont care about anything other than completing the HM raid.

That happened last night, so now I just put the game away till next week. Why would they do this?

I mean, why does this matter? There's no monthly fee, game will still be here when you get back. This is what every single MMO ever turns into for people who raid. I do think they need to put some progression in for the extreme outliers like us who are hitting a wall outside of raid resets and flawless trials runs, and maybe they do have something in mind but it's taking longer than expected to implement.

Still though you gotta admit anyone who has 'done everything' in TTK is probably a certain kind of crazy. I actually thought I was finally free of this nonsense for the rest of the week until I realized I had to get the god forsaken crucible chain done, and now I'm sucked back in. Destiny is where free time goes to die.

Have they confirmed no patch today?

They always do maintenance a week or so before a patch drops.

I wonder what Luke thinks reading all our views on the current state of the game. I bet he just wants to give us all a hug and say it will be alright :( Luke if you're reading this give us a sign

ls_fb.png

GhaleonEB

Historically, patches usually come out Monday or Tuesday so the team will have the rest of the week in case something needs to be fixed.

Thursdays are often chosen for maintenance to prep for patches or to actually perform maintenance.

Oh, I know. His post made it sound like they had ruled it out (often Bungie confirms "no patch notes today" or something to that effect); to my knowledge they had not done so yet.

Thank you.

phen0m24

So only maintenance then? Sounds like someone got good loot from KF and now Bungie has a crisis.
Bug whereby players got exotic engrams from 3 of Coin use on Heroic Strikes have been fixed. These activities will no longer drop engrams as all bosses lowered below ultras.

Afrocious

Maybe it's to fix some of that crucible lag we encountered last night! I wish. I hope. It's probably not.

Conspiracy Theory has never been so useless until I played that match with folks teleporting across the map. That was the worst lag I've seen in a while.

Bug whereby players got exotic engrams from 3 of Coin use on Heroic Strikes have been fixed. These activities will no longer drop engrams as all bosses lowered below ultras.

3oCs were a mistake. The patch will remove them. And the Kiosks.

th3dude

Oh, I know. His post made it sound like they had ruled it out (often Bungie confirms "no patch notes today" or something to that effect); to my knowledge they had not done so yet.

Thank you.

Welcome.

So only maintenance then? Sounds like someone got good loot from KF and now Bungie has a crisis.

Yea, probable either/both:

- Server side patching/updates/stability
- Implementing things for future client patch

how can they try to fix something if they never acknowledged that it's broken, like raid drops?

it'll be done in secret

then they can never be wrong

~~~
On a side note, I just remembered I had a dream where I was using TLW in ToO. And I would be standing 3 feet from an opposing guardian, and all my shots missed.

What a weird dream.

Since things are slow (and salty), I thought I'd post something that Dan Miller ("YES HE WORKS FOR BUNGIE"TM) said in the Q&A after his Lighthouse Run with Twilight & Drizzay. I'm paraphrasing here:

The Gorgons section came from Bungie wanting to have a maze in the raid that was replayable. So how do you make a maze replayable? Add a shark.​

Anyway, I thought that was neat.

Since things are slow (and salty), I thought I'd post something that Dan Miller ("YES HE WORKS FOR BUNGIE"TM) said in the Q&A after his Lighthouse Run with Twilight & Drizzay. I'm paraphrasing here:

The Gorgons section came from Bungie wanting to have a maze in the raid that was replayable. So how do you make a maze replayable? Add a shark.​

Anyway, I thought that was neat.

I was more interested in how he said they will revisit VoG one day and the idea they have for that area sound very fun.

Waiting for Weekly update...

Don't hold your breath, Deej is still on holidays and I doubt they will talk about anything major without him helming the weekly update. This week will be Cosmo saying 'ooo a patch next week with notes the day before and next week Deej returns, so maybe new stuff' then the following week all we get is Deej's 'look how fun my holiday was update' and maybe some vague hints at challenge modes.

GlamFM

Banned
Need 2 more for a HM run from Totems. Anyone interested? looking for a quick run. Should be about an hour tops.

Would be soooooooooo down. Just need to find an artifact to bring over my good artifact to my alt. Fuck.

Wish me luck that somebody shows up at the coo really quick

Okay, time out for a minute.

I know we're all riding the pit of the sin wave right now, and Deej is a pretty easy target, but I feel like we're beating him up a little bit too much today.

I'm guilty of it as well. Maybe we can back off a little bit, just for the sake of being decent human beings.

Don't hold your breath, Deej is still on holidays and I doubt they will talk about anything major without him helming the weekly update. This week will be Cosmo saying 'ooo a patch next week with notes the day before and next week Deej returns, so maybe new stuff' then the following week all we get is Deej's 'look how fun my holiday was update' and maybe some vague hints at challenge modes.

Waiting so i can read nothing and go to bed.

I know we're all riding the pit of the sin wave right now, and Deej is a pretty easy target, but I feel like we're beating him up a little bit too much today.

I'm guilty of it as well. Maybe we can back off a little bit, just for the sake of being decent human beings.

Uhhh....nah.

Whenever people say not to beat up Deej, I just think of his snide, dismissive comebacks to our concerns, and I'm right back to being okay with it. :D

Top Bottom