• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Nicodemic

Forgot it was Thursday, if there is interest I'll do a VoG newbie raid tonight at 9. Next Thursday will be a KF.

(CLICK HERE)
PS4 - Thursday, November 12th, 2015 - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • Minimum Level is 26 for Vault of Glass and 29 for Crota's End, Light Level 285 for King's Fall
  • These are specifically geared for first-timers, and all encounters are fully explained for all roles, along with overall raid tips (and maybe even a tiny bit of lore). However, those who have run the raid before and even veterans are welcome if you feel like joining and can be patient with the truebies.
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
  • 5 spots remaining.

Hey hawkian! Would like to join as a back up if the group is not full. Of course, I won't take a newbie spot if I'm not needed. Should be on your friend list. Thanks!

Edit: Sorry, should have read the part about alternate. I'll send you a pm.

LTWood12

From Oryx last night I got:

320 Zhouli's Bane
316 Warlock Gauntlets
304 Warlock Chest
310 Hawkmoon
310 4th Horseman

Those exotics weren't the result of 3 of coins. They didn't drop as engrams, but as the weapons themselves. I had no idea getting two was possible.

A random enemy dropped a legendary primary engram. Decrypted to a 310 Zhalo Supercell. I got 3 exotic weapons in one encounter. This has to be some kind of record.

320 Zhouli's Bane
316 Warlock Gauntlets
304 Warlock Chest
310 Hawkmoon
310 4th Horseman

Those exotics weren't the result of 3 of coins. They didn't drop as engrams, but as the weapons themselves. I had no idea getting two was possible.

A random enemy dropped a legendary primary engram. Decrypted to a 310 Zhalo Supercell. I got 3 exotic weapons in one encounter. This has to be some kind of record.

Don't be silly. Nami already holds that record.

320 Zhouli's Bane
316 Warlock Gauntlets
304 Warlock Chest
310 Hawkmoon
310 4th Horseman

Merry Christmas

320 Zhouli's Bane
316 Warlock Gauntlets
304 Warlock Chest
310 Hawkmoon
310 4th Horseman

What is ur super?getting better drops :p

LTWood12

Don't be silly. Nami already holds that record.

The only instance of people getting two exotic drops I've ever seen are Vex Mythoclast +1. Never two randoms.

Drizzay, what do you make of my loot from a single encounter? I had 20 shards, so that's the normal raid armor. Hard raid armor was my 'guaranteed' oryx drop. Primary was the unique oryx drop. Did I roll yahtzee on both the normal and hard exotics then? Did you know this was possible?

zewone

320 Zhouli's Bane
316 Warlock Gauntlets
304 Warlock Chest
310 Hawkmoon
310 4th Horseman

From Oryx I got 310 Monte Carlo and 310 Praxic Fire.

My guess is that NM and HM can both drop exotics and as long as you are over 300, you'll get the 310 version.

LTWood12

From Oryx I got 310 Monte Carlo and 310 Praxic Fire.

My guess is that NM and HM can both drop exotics and as long as you are over 300, you'll get the 310 version.

Yeah I wasn't surprised by their light level (I was 314 in the fight), but by the fact that I'd never seen two drop. I was shocked.

The only instance of people getting two exotic drops I've ever seen are Vex Mythoclast +1. Never two randoms.

Drizzay, what do you make of my loot from a single encounter? I had 20 shards, so that's the normal raid armor. Hard raid armor was my 'guaranteed' oryx drop. Primary was the unique oryx drop. Did I roll yahtzee on both the normal and hard exotics then? Did you know this was possible?

I got 2 310 exotics, hm boots (312), nm gloves, nm helmet and 2 shards my last hm oryx kill.

Watch this @ 3hours:48mins

http://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive/v/25015084

phen0m24

Yeah me too. For now he just does reset raids and NFs then takes the rest of the week off. He'll be back eventually, it's a temporary hiatus.

Yeah I saw the messages, I just haven't played for a few days. I thought the fun runs were moved to the weekends now? Still up for a run sometime this weekend, NM or HM or VoG or w/e.

I doubt I'll get CoD or Fallout. Usually when my Destiny time drops I just don't game much at all. I'd fire up the backlog for maybe Bayonetta 2 before buying another new game I won't really play :p

Top O' the World edit: Getting Bungie to the Lighthouse

Part 1: Rawkstar Edition
CTpPYC1UAAEZqnK.jpg:large

Part 2: B U B B L E B O Y Z Edition
CTpPiq7VEAAjFtZ.jpg:large

1) Dawn has the most infectious laugh outside of Afro

2) When are you and TG flying to Seattle for steak? Dan = cool

Deku Tree

320 Zhouli's Bane
316 Warlock Gauntlets
304 Warlock Chest
310 Hawkmoon
310 4th Horseman

It's a bug. You took one of your team mates loot.

Deku Tree

Iron Banner Clash!

And Refer-a-Sherpa!

We’re planning something new to recognize and reward the Sherpas among you. We are calling it Refer-a-Friend.
Maybe you have a friend who will be getting Destiny as a gift this season. Perhaps their gift-giver will even be picking it up for them at a holiday sale coming to a store near you. If you intend to show them the way to the mountaintop, we’ll have new rewards aimed at recognizing your service to the Kinderguardian.

STILL NOTHING ABOUT KF CHALLENGES! NOTHING...

New IB reward changes

A less overt, but no less important change is an overhaul of the rewards for this event:

• Iron Banner reputation from winning matches increased by 20%
• Activity completion rewards increased at all ranks, with even more significant increases at Rank 2 and above
• Packages from Lord Saladin upon reaching Rank 3 and Rank 5
• Iron Banner Artifacts can be obtained from the Rank 3 package
• Iron Banner Ghost Shells can be obtained from the Rank 5 package or activity completion rewards

Stoked about Iron Banner next weekend! Clash is what I'm most comfortable, and you don't have to worry about randoms attempting to capture all three points. This is much more straight-forward. I tend to grind Iron Banner, so it's nice to get some package rewards in addition to ability to buy gear from Lord Saladin.

Hopefully, I can get the Trials of Osiris chest this weekend, and then my gear will be complete.

Daemul

Iron Banner is finally going to Clash? About damn time. In Control you rely too much on your teammates being competent to win a game, making it a pain when solo queuing, whereas at least in Clash you can carry bad teammates somewhat.

They're introducing refer a friend? Seriously? What is this, a free to play game? The fuck?

Lol come on, Wow has had Recruit a Friend for a long time. Is a nice feature that grants additional cosmetic and leveling bonuses, would have been great to have a similar thing in TTK when a whole bunch of my friends picked it up on my recommendation.

and this is a problem because...

Lol come on, Wow has had Recruit a Friend for a long time. Is a nice feature that grants additional cosmetic and leveling bonuses, would have been great to have a similar thing in TTK when a whole bunch of my friends picked it up on my recommendation.

It's just an odd thing for them to focus on, this far into the games cycle. Unless it carries over to Destiny 2 but...who knows what carries on to that.

FyreWulff

It's just an odd thing for them to focus on, this far into the games cycle. Unless it carries over to Destiny 2 but...who knows what carries on to that.

I wonder how many UI updates it will take to get people to realize we're not going be split between multiple Destiny clients.. more like "this early"

GhaleonEB

I'd put this down as another marker that "Destiny 2" will fold into the existing game.
I wonder how many UI updates it will take to get people to realize we're not going be split between multiple Destiny clients.. more like "this early"
Pretty much.

It sounds like the November update = features and economy changes, while the December update will bring activity changes (at the least, the KF challenges). Deej mentioned in the last update we'd hear directly from the Live team, which I'm looking forward to.

Good first update, Cozmo.

Did the stat of the week about the Festival seem really low to anyone else? IIRC it took 250 pieces of candy to fill a bag, which would translate to one million people doing that once, over the course of two weeks. Nearly that many participate in Trials. Feels like a decimal got moved.

So glad I can just buy my last sword. Also IB changes sound good, especially that it won't be control for once!

Same. I like these changes, mostly Clash. Control can die in a fire. I'm also curious the light of the artifact, for alt reasons.

I wonder if you can still skip steps when transferring purchased swords to your current exotic step. I'd assume that's unchanged

I'd put this down as another marker that "Destiny 2" will fold into the existing game.

Pretty much.

It sounds like the November update = features and economy changes, while the December update will bring activity changes (at the least, the KF challenges). Deej mentioned in the last update we'd hear directly from the Live team, which I'm looking forward to.

Good first update, Cozmo.

Did the stat of the week about the Festival seem really low to anyone else? IIRC it took 250 pieces of candy to fill a bag, which would translate to one million people doing that once, over the course of two weeks. Nearly that many participate in Trials. Feels like a decimal got moved.

:l

That means that the engine will need rehauls as the time goes on in order to sever the ties to last gen.....I really hate the loading times ._. Then again Bungie has never been one for loading times.

Daemul

Clash is interesting.

I hate 6v6 though. Lets get that IB Skirmish, Bungeeeee.

Now THIS is something I can get behind, not only because 3v3 is the most competitive format in Destiny, but also because having less players in a match would reduce lag significantly.

GhaleonEB

:l

That means that the engine will need rehauls as the time goes on in order to sever the ties to last gen.....I really hate the loading times ._. Then again Bungie has never been one for loading times.

The transition time between destinations has as much to do with the matchmaking happening as loading times. I'd like to see them faster, but don't know whether the loading or the matchmaking gates the flight screen duration (though I'm guessing the matchmaking does).

The transition time between destinations has as much to do with the matchmaking happening as loading times. I'd like to see them faster, but don't know whether the loading or the matchmaking gates the flight screen duration (though I'm guessing the matchmaking does).

True enough ._.

Top Bottom