• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

loki 16

I made the mistake of not reading the name on the exotic chest and got a Lv 20 alpha lupi. Worst way to spend 29 strange coins.

E92 M3

I'd be more than happy with Halo 5 level of visuals.

Bungie has the ability to make both a good looking and high frame rate game.

Halo 5 has a horrible art direction and looks like plastic. Of course Bungie would never release a game like that, but still.

I must be weird, but 30 or 60 FPS doesn't matter to me. It's essentially the same thing. I am the same with resolution.

Afrocious

Some of you folks live on the West coast. I'm debating about if it's worth heading to Seattle or LA before year's end for a week.

What's the weather like around this time? Thoughts? I wonder if I could just walk up to Bungie and get a tour. I've been to Epic three times so I'm a good guy.

Quantum

If I switch "factions" say from DO to FWC do I loose my previous progress in the first faction?

I started after TTK was released and haven't changed factions yet.

Mupod

I want those warlock boots that make you crouch walk faster. It sounds like it would be hilarious if the effect isn't just some boring marginal thing.

Anyways, tonight I need to get this crucible quest line done. 3 wins when getting 6+ scout rifle kills, then again with handcannons. At least it's not auto rifles, but it even sucked with pulse rifles. I highly doubt I'll be able to find anyone to help but I can't fault people for preferring Trials over this dumb shit. Hopefully pugging it will be easier with the good players occupied.

One thing I learned is that if your sixth kill is the final one of the match, it doesn't count. If I play in a 3v3 match I might just play as a Defender instead of Sunbreaker and run Weapons of Light in order to ensure I get the 6 kills. It wasn't hard in any 6v6 playlist, but in that case it's extremely hard to win matches single-handedly (because that's what the matchmaking expects me to do).

I did have some funny moments, like doing classic 3v3 I ended up against a team with a guy that had the (new) flawless Trials emblem. Figured I was screwed, and on top of that one of my teammates was AFK or just had no idea how to play the game. The other teammate was a level 34 with Ram and Thorn, a blast from the past. The two of us almost ended up with 6.0 K/Ds, it was just a slaughter.

Also in one Control match I got a double kill with a lucky grenade on the B point right at the start of the match. Both players just left and it was a lopsided 6v4 for a while.

boofa

Neo Member
I understand the business decision to slowly release all these exotics to keep us invested, but its getting a little annoying looking at all those exotic armor pieces in the armory and not being able to get them. Its been a few weeks now since the last timegated weapon came out and there seemingly aren't any more (except of course Y2 versions of old stuff), its time to start releasing these armor pieces. I really hope it isn't a case of "we have to make all these last until Destiny 2" and it will take a year to get them all. I'm not sure my attention span is that long. I'm the last remaining member of my regular 8-man crew and Fallout 4 sure looks like fun....

I understand the business decision to slowly release all these exotics to keep us invested, but its getting a little annoying looking at all those exotic armor pieces in the armory and not being able to get them. Its been a few weeks now since the last timegated weapon came out and there seemingly aren't any more (except of course Y2 versions of old stuff), its time to start releasing these armor pieces. I really hope it isn't a case of "we have to make all these last until Destiny 2" and it will take a year to get them all. I'm not sure my attention span is that long. I'm the last remaining member of my regular 8-man crew and Fallout 4 sure looks like fun....

Thing is the way everything is now no fun allowed I doubt releasing new exotics would make much difference. Decembers weapon rebalancing is make or break

flkraven

3 for 3 on Spindle runs yesterday on XB1 getting my remaining buddies their gun. Surprisingly easy now with all the raid drops I'm wearing. 2 minutes left on the clock each time, even when one of the runs the guy was sub 280 I believe.

Kyne

Xur feels like a sand merchant in the desert.

They are probably holding off on all the new exotics until the December update. They'll use the new update for pvp changes/challenge mode/new gear to chase to bring everyone back.

And it will work.

phen0m24

Some of you folks live on the West coast. I'm debating about if it's worth heading to Seattle or LA before year's end for a week.

What's the weather like around this time? Thoughts? I wonder if I could just walk up to Bungie and get a tour. I've been to Epic three times so I'm a good guy.

Dude Afro follow rawksaur on Twitch and ask her! She works at BNG. :) I'm sure if you mention you were part of the almost first King's Fall flawless run you'll get the royal treatment. :)

When do we expect Bungie to announce what's ahead for Destiny as far as new content goes? I know we're expecting King's Fall Challenge Mode, but I'm starting to grow very curious as to what's head for Destiny.

Jabronium

I'm hoping for an announcement in between the Nov and Dec updates.

I hope so. After spending most of the day yesterday trying for the Spindle and ultimately giving up, I'm definitely dialing back my play time. Even the promise of challenge mode KF feels kind of empty. Obviously they might have something more up their sleeve for it, but right now I just want to grab those last 3 fragments and be done with it.

Namikaze1

*checks Xur's list on reddit*

*laughs*

*goes back to fallout*

Still think they meant to sell another Warlock helmet and not Skull of Dire Ahamkara that one week. Speaking of which, have they added the schematic for it to the armor kiosk? I'm guessing they haven't.

I just wish they could add the rest of the new exotics to the loot table already.

flkraven

Xur feels like a sand merchant in the desert.

They are probably holding off on all the new exotics until the December update. They'll use the new update for pvp changes/challenge mode/new gear to chase to bring everyone back.

And it will work.

tbh, I'm feeling more and more that they aren't too concerned whether or not we come back. They just want to make sure we don't feel negative about the game. I do not expect any big DLC at all over the next year (ie. everything will be smaller than HoW/TDB imo). Updates will probably be popping in the odd exotic quest line and maybe modifying existing content (adding taken to previous story missions, different strikes, old raids). Other than that, I think the majority of their resources are focused on Destiny 2 (or whatever they call the next on-disc product they release)

If Xur sold 310 exotics, I would actually be motivated to play a little bit here and there. I have 3 characters in the mid 300-310 grind. The only way to progress in the raid and I just don't have the time to run it.

I don't particularly mind but they could make grinding available outside of the raid. That's one thing I liked about HoW - progress to max level was essentially guaranteed.

GlamFM

Banned
If Xur sold 310 exotics, I would actually be motivated to play a little bit here and there. I have 3 characters in the mid 300-310 grind. The only way to progress in the raid and I just don't have the time to run it.

I don't particularly mind but they could make grinding available outside of the raid. That's one thing I liked about HoW - progress to max level was essentially guaranteed.

Relying on Xur for exotics in a world where 3oC exist is NUTS.

;)

Relying on Xur for exotics in a world where 3oC exist is NUTS.

;)

Let's be honest, Xur selling 280 versions of Year 1 exotics that are identical to what we can buy from Blueprints is kinda useless. The only difference is do you want to pay Strange Coins or marks? And let me tell ya, since they nerfed Strange Coins, I'd much rather pay Marks.

flkraven

I have like 15 or 20 legendary/exotic engrams sitting in my vault because I don't even know if they are worth decoding at this point.

Look at this way...

The only reason to be 310+ is for the HM raid. And if you don't have time to raid, what's the point?

Kyne

tbh, I'm feeling more and more that they aren't too concerned whether or not we come back. They just want to make sure we don't feel negative about the game. I do not expect any big DLC at all over the next year (ie. everything will be smaller than HoW/TDB imo). Updates will probably be popping in the odd exotic quest line and maybe modifying existing content (adding taken to previous story missions, different strikes, old raids). Other than that, I think the majority of their resources are focused on Destiny 2 (or whatever they call the next on-disc product they release)

Well here's the thing... a lot of us feel negative about the game atm.. so they have their work cut out for them.

Trials is going to be tough until the patch update, assuming they actually do something with AA on snipers.

Iron Banner will be interesting.. At least before if you had teammates who weren't good at pvp they could be meatshields and capture flags for points. Now I have no idea how games will go..

Top Bottom