• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Oh you haven't heard? Iron banner now requires a set amount of hours active in a game for each level up.

2 for level 2
3 for level 3. All the way to 5 hours for level 5.

Kappa

It's switching to clash from control

😃

Clash...
Will see. I quite liked control. Bring some helmets as rewards. Sod the artifacts

So what does everything think about the Iron Banner change?

More rep for wins sounds good.
Clash instead of control will be good for a little while.
I would love to see a completely random rotating Iron Banner playlist. Sometimes Clash, then Rumble, Skirmish, Rift, etc, etc.

MrDaravon

Man, I'm missing one Y1 chest, I'd actually buy the legacy engram but I'm so low on coins from not playing that it'd wipe me out lol.

Day ~60, Winterborn Mark continues to not be sold.

flkraven

Makes it easier for solo players like me.

Switching to Clash instead of Control.

Oh you haven't heard? Iron banner now requires a set amount of hours active in a game for each level up.

2 for level 2
3 for level 3. All the way to 5 hours for level 5.

Kappa

It's switching to clash from control

More rep for wins sounds good.
Clash instead of control will be good for a little while.
I would love to see a completely random rotating Iron Banner playlist. Sometimes Clash, then Rumble, Skirmish, Rift, etc, etc.

I'm just happy it's a different game mode so I can actually get grimoire for clash. I pretty much only play PvP during Iron Banner.

On the flip side, I would love a monthly special event based around rift. Maybe not Iron Banner since it doesn't feel well suited for it, but something else. Although, I do think the game mode needs some work. My ideas for a Rift update:

-Bring back the super large maps specifically for Rift
-10 v 10
-Allow passing
-Instead of just 1 goal, have a few smaller ones worth less points and 1 ultimate one.

Afrocious

Dude Afro follow rawksaur on Twitch and ask her! She works at BNG. :) I'm sure if you mention you were part of the almost first King's Fall flawless run you'll get the royal treatment. :)

I could, but she'd probably ignore me. I'm not Unstable, Twilight, or DrDrizzay. For all intents and purposes, I'm just a regular schmuck. I don't even use Twitch like that so there goes any sort of connection outside of "Hey! I'm a Destiny player! Notice me!"

...Though I guess it wouldn't hurt.

On a similar note, the whole discussion about visiting Bungie.... Is that only for certain people or can we make it a DGAF meetup or something?

Navy Bean

I've taken the week off Destiny and it feels good man... (New Tomb Raider is awesome btw...).

I'm not sure what they could do to get me excited to fire it up again any time soon (outside of completing a few exotic weapon bounties).

The new raid is fun but the rewards are not worth the effort. I'm sick of the awful infusion system and the RNG grind. PvP used to be chaotic fun but now it's in a really bad place IMO. I dunno, maybe I'll jump in and get pub-stomped in trials this weekend.

When TTK was about to come out, I was hoping so badly they'd changed Control to Rift for Iron Banner. Well, not fond of Blueberry rift at all. I've yet to try it out with a fireteam, but Clash is my favorite PvP mode to join in solo.

I can't wait for the DGAF trains though because they're the best.

Time to buy some Glove engrams for the double tripmine gloves. I need them

I've taken the week off Destiny and it feels good man... (New Tomb Raider is awesome btw...).

I'm not sure what they could do to get me excited to fire it up again any time soon (outside of completing a few exotic weapon bounties).

The new raid is fun but the rewards are not worth the effort. I'm sick of the awful infusion system and the RNG grind. PvP used to be chaotic fun but now it's in a really bad place IMO. I dunno, maybe I'll jump in and get pub-stomped in trials this weekend.

I'm down for some Trials this weekend. Send me a message and we can group up and find a 3rd

LTWood12

I could, but she'd probably ignore me. I'm not Unstable, Twilight, or DrDrizzay. For all intents and purposes, I'm just a regular schmuck. I don't even use Twitch like that so there goes any sort of connection outside of "Hey! I'm a Destiny player! Notice me!"

On a similar note, the whole discussion about visiting Bungie.... Is that only for certain people or can we make it a DGAF meetup or something?

Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Actually, I'll save my strange coins and stock up for the next DLC / new set of exotics. I don't like missing out on stuff like I did during the Taekonaut/Zhalo week when I had ~30 and wanted to buy everything.

Definitely if I'm online.

Yea just hit me up with an xbox message if you're looking, and I get it right away on my phone and I can reply if I'll be able to make it, right away. I don't have much plans this weekend other than build a computer desk and clone my SSD to a new SSD and organize a bunch of crap so anytime I can take a break from that, it'll be awesome :p

Mupod

I think Iron Banner should have Mayhem settings enabled. That would be so fun.

Inferno Mayhem Rumble Salvage

HOLXI.gif

I love Fridays so much, my 1 work from home day a week.

Working from home in sweats, drinking coffee, and listening to music out loud instead of headphones.

I've been going through a lot of personal stuff lately I kept to myself, so this alone time is much needed for me.

It's so weird. In college, I had 2 best friends I could tell anything to, along with a lot of pretty good friends. I'm still ok with those 2 but we had a fallout because of some drama (money for 1, girl issue with the other) but no where near "best friend" like. The money 1 we were going to be each others best man. He just got married last month and I wasn't even part of the wedding, so that's how big the fall out became.

Anyways, I really have no one to vent or talk to now. My personal life took a complete 180 in the past couple of years and I wish I can rewind time and go back to those days and not let it happen, but oh well. I usually don't or hate having regrets, but I can't lie to myself and say I don't have any.

I need some new music to listen to on Spotify.

Ok, so, managed to get a nightfall with my titan and a few heroic strikes. Nightfall gave me a titan cape at 310. Tanik coat get and 1 more imago loop. Even got No Back Up plans from a legendary engram..
I really need to do the raid on all my alts :(

Afrocious

Working from home in sweats, drinking coffee, and listening to music out loud instead of headphones.

I've been going through a lot of personal stuff lately I kept to myself, so this alone time is much needed for me.

It's so weird. In college, I had 2 best friends I could tell anything to, along with a lot of pretty good friends. I'm still ok with those 2 but we had a fallout because of some drama (money for 1, girl issue with the other) but no where near "best friend" like. The money 1 we were going to be each others best man. He just got married last month and I wasn't even part of the wedding, so that's how big the fall out became.

Anyways, I really have no one to vent or talk to now. My personal life took a complete 180 in the past couple of years and I wish I can rewind time and go back to those days and not let it happen, but oh well. I usually don't or hate having regrets, but I can't lie to myself and say I don't have any.

Yeah, after college, life becomes something else. It's not bad, but things were a lot easier in college.

In your case, perhaps you could check out what your old friends are doing.

As far as going back to stopping things from happening, I don't think it's worth thinking about things like that considering it's impossible.

Oryx's raid intro is so much less imposing/cool/cinematic/dramatic/whathaveyou than the campaign one.

The campaign intro of a pitch back room and the darkness condensing into Oryx as he slams his sword down is so epic:
n1bVxn5.png

Oryx literally is the darkness. It's fantastic.

In the raid, he just pops up when you touch the little light. Like, is he down there the whole time? Just waiting. "Oh man, those guardians! Just wait!" I mean, we're murdering his daughters and he's just down there chilling. "Not yet. Not yet. Okay, they came near the edge! Now! BOO! Ah haha."

FyreWulff

Oryx's raid intro is so much less imposing/cool/cinematic/dramatic/whathaveyou than the campaign one.

The campaign intro of a pitch back room and the darkness condensing into Oryx as he slams his sword down is so epic:
n1bVxn5.png

In the raid, he just pops up when you touch the little light. Like, is he down there the whole time? Just waiting. "Oh man, those guardians! Just wait!" I mean, we're murdering his daughters and he's just down there chilling. "Not yet. Not yet. Okay, they came near the edge! Now! BOO! Ah haha."

I've always assumed that's a reference to the Book of Sorrow

. On each tentacle are the BAIT STARS. Although light makes you happy, you must avoid it. You will be eaten.

and the fact that all the 'bait stars' are trying to lead you into danger.

Oh yeah. Ape and Nami - I'll be on Trials for later Saturday and Sunday for sure.

As far as tonight, I MIGHT be on. Not sure.

I can't play tonight until after 10pm CST

I will be on tomorrow all morning until about 3-4pm CST

That reminds me, Rubenov, are you doing any runs tomorrow? Any chance I get jump in for another with my Titan? Probably the same time as last week? Please and thank you!

Edit: Myopic, Puma, Rene, Kadey, Todd, Zewone, and anyone else I normally play trials with feel free to hit me up if you see me on this weekend for some cards too! :)

phen0m24

Afro.

Seriously.

Do you even Twitch, bruh? ;)

Between the two of you, you have quite possibly the most infectious laughs on the intertubes. Just jump on her stream, say Hi, she will say hi back (cause she's cool like that) and send her a pm on Twitch. If the two of you ever played at the same time in the same stream the laughter gauge would break the Birkenstock limit. ;) (I forgot the limit that Dinklebot says)

Dishes are done. You're welcome. :)

Yeah, after college, life becomes something else. It's not bad, but things were a lot easier in college.

In your case, perhaps you could check out what your old friends are doing.

As far as going back to stopping things from happening, I don't think it's worth thinking about things like that considering it's impossible.

Yea for sure. It was fun just calling each other whenever and just dropping what we're doing to chill or go to the gym or do whatever. I also taught him how to be a badass at Call of Duty hahaha. As for the girl, it was cool having a girl as a best friend. We'd always hang out after school too and do whatever. It was nice having a girl's perspective on things. I usually get along better with girls anyways. Now we say hi once every 4 months or so but it's actually kind of awkward, even though we never hooked up. We used to be able to not talk for weeks or months and pick it back up like we just hung out yesterday. But yea I guess it's a part of getting older. Time just gets more valuable and more responsibilities and whatnot. This sucks!

I've always assumed that's a reference to the Book of Sorrow

and the fact that all the 'bait stars' are trying to lead you into danger.

That's an interesting idea, but you have to touch all of the bait stars on the platforms to get the relics.

Somebody was theorizing that the little lights were actually Toland's light. I dunno. The raid's lore doesn't make a ton of sense, even if the Books of Sorrow are awesome.

I mainly wanted to highlight how awesome Regicide was at intro'ing Oryx.

Dave_6

I know how you feel, I really do. I've never really had a lot of friends ever and as I've gotten older (37 now) I have very few. I've been having a real bad month after me and my girl suddenly split, on top of my moms health issues that aren't improving. I've never had a woman affect me like this last one did and I just can't get any better. It sounds silly but all these new games have helped some (Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Battlefront) as the Destiny burnout came at a bad time. Unfortunately me and my girlfriend spent a lot of time together while I was playing Destiny (she didn't mind at all, just liked being with me) so when I do play it it reminds me of her. Ugh, anyways sorry for the spill. I just don't have anyone to really vent to either.

phen0m24

I'm just a regular schmuck.

Internet high five, Afro. You and me both. :)

It's just fun connecting with people. :)

I believe in you.

PS:

X and Dave you guys can vent. I'm divorced and went through quite the tumult so am acutely familiar. It sucks but we put one foot in front of the other and we keep moving. :)

Here for you guys.

I know how you feel, I really do. I've never really had a lot of friends ever and as I've gotten older (37 now) I have very few. I've been having a real bad month after me and my girl suddenly split, on top of my moms health issues that aren't improving. I've never had a woman affect me like this last one did and I just can't get any better. It sounds silly but all these new games have helped some (Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Battlefront) as the Destiny burnout came at a bad time. Unfortunately me and my girlfriend spent a lot of time together while I was playing Destiny (she didn't mind at all, just like being with me) so when I do play it it reminds me of her. Ugh, anyways sorry for the spill. I just don't have anyone to really vent to either.

Nah no worries man. I'm glad games are helping you somewhat. Anything that helps I'd continue to do. I always try to keep busy as much as possible. Finding anything that's fun or busy. Reading, playing games, watching tv/movies, gym/outside jog, or even learn something or try something new. Those all help me :p

So what does everything think about the Iron Banner change?

I'm worried. I like to play solo and clash is my worst gametype.

At least in control I knew how to manipulate the spawns and create momentum. Momentum in Clash is very flaky, so I expect games to be decided based around who knows how to teamshot.

Grimes dropped a new album recently if you're into that sort of stuff. It's pretty great. Been listening to it on my drives home from work.

Thanks, checking it out now. I'm always up for listening to new music and anything

Internet high five, Afro. You and me both. :)

It's just fun connecting with people. :)

I believe in you.

PS:

X and Dave you guys can vent. I'm divorced and went through quite the tumult so am acutely familiar. It sucks but we put one foot in front of the other and we keep moving. :)

Here for you guys.

Thanks man. I think I just need to finally submerge myself in P4G longer than 30 minutes haha :p

I know how you feel, I really do. I've never really had a lot of friends ever and as I've gotten older (37 now) I have very few. I've been having a real bad month after me and my girl suddenly split, on top of my moms health issues that aren't improving. I've never had a woman affect me like this last one did and I just can't get any better. It sounds silly but all these new games have helped some (Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Battlefront) as the Destiny burnout came at a bad time. Unfortunately me and my girlfriend spent a lot of time together while I was playing Destiny (she didn't mind at all, just like being with me) so when I do play it it reminds me of her. Ugh, anyways sorry for the spill. I just don't have anyone to really vent to either.

Very similar to me (I'm 40, and have kids with my ex)
Very rarely talk to friends that I used to be very close to.

Sounds corny but destiny has made new friends who I speak to on xbox almost every day.

If anyone on xbox one wants to add a lvl40 308 warlock to their list. I have done NM KF multiple times, enjoys trials/IB for fun. Add DJRedLine.

flkraven

n1bVxn5.png

In the campaign, the door right before the Oryx intro is the best campaign moment in the entire game IMO. The dark hallway that is impossible to see down, the 1 tiny spot of fire, you walk up to the fire then it darts away travelling in a straight line down the hall, the line continues up the wall until the fire forms the TTK/Oryx logo, the logo splits in half revealing the door that Oryx is hiding behind.

So fucking cool.

Top Bottom