• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

This game is hilarious.

On xb1, my 308 Guardian for most light I have, from the very 1st hard raid

309 special / 1kY Stare
312 Harrowed RL (2nd raid gave 310 Harrowed RL)
317 Harrowed Boots (2nd raid gave 313 Harrowed Boots)

That's it.. first 2 raids gave me dupes and worse stuff the 2nd time. No other harrowed except those.

Today..
Warpriest gave 3rd Harrowed RL, GRRR... Oh, 320.. nice (never got a 320 heavy on ps4 lol)
Golgy gave me ANOTHER Harrowed Boots. Really? 3rd boots and dupe again? Oh shit, 320!

I never got 320 boots or heavy on ps4 yet hahaha but both 320 just made me stay at 308 since i replaced another hallowed both times.
PS4 I've actually ran 3x hard raid since release except this week, and only have gotten 1x 320 drops total.

Code:
Primary	315		Helm		310
Special	309		Gloves		303
Heavy	320		Chest		304
Ghost	308		Boots		320
			Mark		303
			Artifact	300

Can't get mad at 2x 320 drops but hilarious that it didn't move my light once since it was
312 -> 320
317 -> 320

Oh and I have 1x 310 exotic completely. Helm of Inmost light. Pistol chest gave me an exotic!!! Another 310 Helm of Inmost light. Trolltastic but out of all the trolls, the best possible troll I suppose. Golgy did give me also a 304 Chest which is an upgrade from 300 so I moved up to 309 from 308 hah. Just trying to get to 311 :p

After playing Halo 5, COD bo3, and Fallout 4.. Shooting in Destiny just feels So. Damn. Good.

Played skirmish daily on widows court and it felt surprisingly good with this meta. The place was also dark which I don't recall ever playing it like that especially Trials, and I like the vibe. But then again I'm a sucker for dark vibes. Bloodborne DLC next week will satisfy my dark needs. The darkness will consume me

Oh and because I feel like this thread is my home...

Twilight fucking Princess!!!!! Stoked.

Wii U is basically a Zelda machine and I love it. Also, Mega man collection for 3ds, drool. And cloud on smash Bros! I personally couldn't get into FF7. Ffx was my very first one so it was hard for me to go back in technology at the time. Last year I did beat FF6 which I loved. I am excited for the ff7 remake and will give it another go. More than the 8 hours I gave it in 2003/2004.

My backlog is super rough now and it's going to get worse by EOY.

Starwars
Bloodborne DLC
Xenoblade X

I'll soon be ok with just 1 hard raid a week and some occasional trials and iron banner. Hopefully.

After playing Halo 5, COD bo3, and Fallout 4.. Shooting in Destiny just feels So. Damn. Good.

Feel the same way. Haven't played in over a week and am buried in Fallout 4, but every time I take a break from Destiny, the Gunplay is glaringly deficient in other games.

For all of Destiny's faults, Bungie nailed the gunplay. It feels so good.

GutZ31

Oh and because I feel like this thread is my home...

Twilight fucking Princess!!!!! Stoked.

Wii U is basically a Zelda machine and I love it. Also, Mega man collection for 3ds, drool. And cloud on smash Bros! I personally couldn't get into FF7. Ffx was my very first one so it was hard for me to go back in technology at the time. Last year I did bear FF6 which I loved. I am excited for the ff7 remake and will give it another go. More than the 8 hours I gave it in 2003/2004.

My backlog is super rough now and it's going to get worse by 2Q2016.

I actually hope there isn't TOO much in Destiny between now and then because

Starwars
Xenoblade X

Like that alone is 300 hours.

Etc.
Dude, I don't even have time for 10% of the games coming out next year.
Really enjoyed FFX, FFVII, FFVIII.
Played other versions, older, as well as newer, but the first you play are usually the most memorable.
Lightning as a character was a mistake.

XenoRaven

Need some advice. I have 95 Legendary marks, and I'm 254 Light. I'm thinking of buying a 280 piece from Shaxx. Would that be a good investment or should I hold out?

K/D of 3.17 with the Gaheris-D. GOAT handcannon confirmed. Kappa.

On the real though, it isn't bad with rangefinder and rifled barrel. Needs more magazine capacity though.

Feel the same way. Haven't played in over a week and am buried in Fallout 4, but every time I take a break from Destiny, the Gunplay is glaringly deficient in other games.

For all of Destiny's faults, Bungie nailed the gunplay. It feels so good.

The shooting really is great. In the Alpha and beta, I'd just patrol the hell out of Earth and enjoy the views and shooting. 1000 hours and many newer big shooters later, still goat.

Dude, I don't even have time for 10% of the games coming out next year.
Really enjoyed FFX, FFVII, FFVIII.
Played other versions, older, as well as newer, but the first you play are usually the most memorable.
Lightning as a character was a mistake.

Haha yea that seems to be my analysis as well. People love their firsts. Even though I enjoyed FF6 sooo much, Ffx just means so much to me. And I wish I did play 6 sooner because I know for a fact I would have enjoyed it more since it's a little outdated. It was probably the greatest thing since cartoon network at its time.

2real4tv

Played skirmish daily on widows court and it felt surprisingly good with this meta. The place was also dark which I don't recall ever playing it like that especially Trials, and I like the vibe. But then again I'm a sucker for dark vibes. Bloodborne DLC next week will satisfy my dark needs. The darkness will consume me

I agree been trying to get into COD blops 3 and it just feels so...dated.

I agree been trying to get into COD blops 3 and it just feels so...dated.

I'll be honest. I picked it up at midnight, played 1 multi-player match (after it took forever to download multi-player part in game), and went to bed. I haven't touched it since!

Mostly since hard raids and trials take over so much time. But yea the TTK in blops is pretty damn quick too.

Team 1st try Spindle Solo. Pretty fun, not too bad with Raze Lighter and fiery Hammers.

edit: if anyone still needs Spindle in the next 2 hours just let me know

I finally got lucky with a completely random lfg group. Requirements: Fresh hard Kings Fall from Totems, be 307+. I was 308. I like it since the requirement is fairly low on lfg standards and no other requirement was needed so I was like yes! Mostly everything is be 310+ with spindle and ToM. Some even higher like be 314+ haha.

We got totems 2nd attempt. First 2 warpriest attempts we had him to ONE SHOT! But people all died at the end instead if staying alive in the bubble because they panicked and wanted to kill him. But we pulled that off 4th try.

Golgy, I planned it out and took gaze and we got it in 1st try.

Sisters took maybe 4 attempts. Most of the time people died in the middle waiting for the runner to get to them. I told them just rocket the wave if enemies and it's good. 2x rocket on each side wipes them clean and we were great.

We tried Oryx twice and 3 people needed to sleep so we all disbanded. Pretty damn good group overall so that was a nice change.

Team 1st try Spindle Solo. Pretty fun, not too bad with Raze Lighter and fiery Hammers.

edit: if anyone still needs Spindle in the next 2 hours just let me know

Yeah I ran that solo earlier as well, had just under 2 and a half minutes left on the clock when I finished it with a stupid physics based death in the middle.

Thanks for those PvP games earlier, was good practice. Hope we get a decent trials map but knowing our luck we'll get the drifter.

the_id

Yeah I ran that solo earlier as well, had just under 2 and a half minutes left on the clock when I finished it with a stupid physics based death in the middle.

Thanks for those PvP games earlier, was good practice. Hope we get a decent trials map but knowing our luck we'll get the drifter.
If you guys are still doing any practice runs, I'd like to join as well. I'm starting to love PVP but still suck at it.

Number45

Sorry guys, I only saw 2 actual signups so I didn't think it was happening, looks like you got a 6 together in here though? I'm available to help if anyone needs or has to drop. Sorry about that!

edit: Hellshadow, I can also do tomorrow night if you're free.
If there's interest in VoG for tonight I'd like to put my name down (I need Atheon for NTTE but I'd love to do the whole thing). I'm on GMT but I have no reason to get up too early on Saturday morning. :)

Any tips for the Imprecation quest where you have to get a precision kill spree in the Crucible? This is a terrible gun.
I've had some luck using a Sniper to Body shot and then trying to finish with the HC but I still haven't gotten all 7 in one game.
I didn't want to do this but fire me an invite and if we're all online tonight I'm happy to go into rumble as a fireteam and cheese the requirement. Really want to unlock the weapon (regardless of how good it might be right now) but I don't want to piss on other people's game time.

Number45

Hit level 25 with FWC and got the Future War Cult Ship! So stoked.
On that note, I thought you lost access to using faction bought stuff when you're with a different faction? I had to change from DO to FWC last week for the NTTE quest but I'm still happily using Hung Jury and have the DO emblem and Bittersteel shader equipped.

GutZ31

On that note, I thought you lost access to using faction bought stuff when you're with a different faction? I had to change from DO to FWC last week for the NTTE quest but I'm still happily using Hung Jury and have the DO emblem and Bittersteel shader equipped.
The only instance where this is a thing is the exotic class item quests given by the factions at level 25.
If you gain the faction class item after completing the quest for that faction, then change factions, the class item is locked from being used.
If you had the class item equipped when changing factions, it acts as a false class item, pretty much the stats of a freshly made characters default class item, with perks and light locked.

Thanks again Drizzay. Gonna have to take my new Spindle for.. a... spin... or something clever instead.

I didn't want to do this but fire me an invite and if we're all online tonight I'm happy to go into rumble as a fireteam and cheese the requirement. Really want to unlock the weapon (regardless of how good it might be right now) but I don't want to piss on other people's game time.

Sure. I'm in the US but if I'm on when you're at it, just message me and we'll do that. While I feel like my time with Imprecation has made me a more accurate shot.. it's driving me nuts getting 5/7 and then the game ending.

2real4tv

Starting to get addicted to Fallout. Destiny needs that 60fps.

I would agree if quality stayed the same for consoles I would hate for them to dumb down image quality, physics, lighting and other effects just to reach 60 fps. The only other option would be a PC release.

edit: A PC release would make me consider my first gaming rig.

Number45

The only instance where this is a thing is the exotic class item quests given by the factions at level 25.
If you gain the faction class item after completing the quest for that faction, then change factions, the class item is locked from being used.
If you had the class item equipped when changing factions, it acts as a false class item, pretty much the stats of a freshly made characters default class item, with perks and light locked.
Makes sense. God only knows how long it'll take me to get rep to 25 for any of the factions! There's currently no way of boosting faction rep is there?

Sure. I'm in the US but if I'm on when you're at it, just message me and we'll do that. While I feel like my time with Imprecation has made me a more accurate shot.. it's driving me nuts getting 5/7 and then the game ending.
No problem, I'll keep an eye out later. :)

Kyoufu

I would agree if quality stayed the same for consoles I would hate for them to dumb down image quality, physics, lighting and other effects just to reach 60 fps. The only other option would be a PC release.

edit: A PC release would make me consider my first gaming rig.

I'd be more than happy with Halo 5 level of visuals.

Bungie has the ability to make both a good looking and high frame rate game.

Top Bottom