• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Nice! I've heard she puts on some amazing shows.

You really should. That game is a classic.

It sucks because I put 18 hours into Persona 3 Portable a couple of years back and have been enjoying it then I stopped for other games basically. And I hear that one is also great, but picking it back up after that long of a break is rough.

Dave_6

X and Dave you guys can vent. I'm divorced and went through quite the tumult so am acutely familiar. It sucks but we put one foot in front of the other and we keep moving. :)

Here for you guys.

Thanks man. I've been trying my best to move on but with so many questions I just can't. I've never had someone affect me this way.

Nah no worries man. I'm glad games are helping you somewhat. Anything that helps I'd continue to do. I always try to keep busy as much as possible. Finding anything that's fun or busy. Reading, playing games, watching tv/movies, gym/outside jog, or even learn something or try something new. Those all help me :p

I've spent a lot of time with Netflix, watched the entire Longmire series and got caught up with iZombie which is just a great show IMO. Also watching a lot of my favorite movies on Blu-ray, etc. Doing that while having a strong drink helps at the time. Unfortunately every thing I do reminds me of her anyways.

Very similar to me (I'm 40, and have kids with my ex)
Very rarely talk to friends that I used to be very close to.

Sounds corny but destiny has made new friends who I speak to on xbox almost every day.

If anyone on xbox one wants to add a lvl40 308 warlock to their list. I have done NM KF multiple times, enjoys trials/IB for fun. Add DJRedLine.

No kids here, just me and my two cats :) Unfortunately I play Destiny on PS4 or I'd add you.

It sucks because I put 18 hours into Persona 3 Portable a couple of years back and have been enjoying it then I stopped for other games basically. And I hear that one is also great, but picking it back up after that long of a break is rough.

I got like 40 hours into xenoblade once and then put it down for some reason. Went back to it a bit later and realized I needed to start over to fully appreciate it.

Still one of my favorite games ever, but yeah, jrpgs are really demanding of your time.

Bait stars!?

Of course!

Kept meaning to google what the lights were meant to be, relative to book of sorrows, now it makes sense...

The confusing thing is the stationary ones on the platforms that you have to collect to get the brand...they help rather than hinder.

phen0m24

Thanks, checking it out now. I'm always up for listening to new music and anything

Thanks man. I think I just need to finally submerge myself in P4G longer than 30 minutes haha :p

I enjoy twenty one pilots. They are fun.

Yes you should be playing Persona 4. Agree. Spend some QT in Inaba!!

You really should. That game is a classic.

See weyard knows! :)

Very similar to me (I'm 40, and have kids with my ex)
Very rarely talk to friends that I used to be very close to.

Sounds corny but destiny has made new friends who I speak to on xbox almost every day.

If anyone on xbox one wants to add a lvl40 308 warlock to their list. I have done NM KF multiple times, enjoys trials/IB for fun. Add DJRedLine.

Am on PS4 but pretty much the same. My kids live with me and my friends are online. Someone asked me if i'm dating and I was like "Wha??"

you're always good for a laugh! :)

Mwahahahaha

Just do it, X. Ask EJ. He's hopelessly addicted. :)

Collect blue engrams - and legendary marks - just aim for higher and higher light. Once you're at 260-280 you can do the heroic strikes, and then the nightfalls.

The engrams decrypt at a light level close to your current one, so always have your highest light gear equipped when you turn them in....and turn them in one at a time so you can equip a new one if it happens to be higher than your current value.

High light level ghosts are reasonably rare, so most people buy the 280 light vanguard ghost as one of their first legendary mark purchases.

Generally doing whatever parts of the game you want to, will give you engrams and help get your light up.

A couple of specific quests will give you a good sniper and a 300 light shotgun.

I enjoy twenty one pilots. They are fun.

Yes you should be playing Persona 4. Agree. Spend some QT in Inaba!!

See weyard knows! :)

Am on PS4 but pretty much the same. My kids live with me and my friends are online. Someone asked me if i'm dating and I was like "Wha??"

Mwahahahaha

Just do it, X. Ask EJ. He's hopelessly addicted. :)

I got like 40 hours into xenoblade once and then put it down for some reason. Went back to it a bit later and realized I needed to start over to fully appreciate it.

Still one of my favorite games ever, but yeah, jrpgs are really demanding of your time.

Do y'all recommend a blind playthrough at first? I know in P3P, I missed out on some things because of the calendar system.

Thanks man. I've been trying my best to move on but with so many questions I just can't. I've never had someone affect me this way.

I've spent a lot of time with Netflix, watched the entire Longmire series and got caught up with iZombie which is just a great show IMO. Also watching a lot of my favorite movies on Blu-ray, etc. Doing that while having a strong drink helps at the time. Unfortunately every thing I do reminds me of her anyways.

No kids here, just me and my two cats :) Unfortunately I play Destiny on PS4 or I'd add you.

Yea TV shows for sure. I want to watch Cowboy Bebop and One Piece, badly. They both sound great. I have CB blu ray set but not OP.

maomaoIYP

There's no trials today? Or did they move the start time? I stayed up for this! I did manage to get some games of elimination in though.

Rubenov

There's no trials today? Or did they move the start time? I stayed up for this! I did manage to get some games of elimination in though.

In 40 Min or so.

Drizz and Wicked I don't know if you saw my message but I won't be home for Trials reset. Will be in later in the pm

phen0m24

Do y'all recommend a blind playthrough at first? I know in P3P, I missed out on some things because of the calendar system.

You'll look things up. I did. The game is so deep who cares if you look up little things or what good fusions are?

Plus you'll probably want to play it again. I did it twice back to back. 90+ hours later

Strider

Grimes dropped a new album recently if you're into that sort of stuff. It's pretty great. Been listening to it on my drives home from work.

I totally missed that even getting a release date and yet it's out
facepalm.gif

I'm gonna need to give that a listen asap

Yea TV shows for sure. I want to watch Cowboy Bebop and One Piece, badly. They both sound great. I have CB blu ray set but not OP.

I recall looking up a few things up as I played. Be careful as the main story is basically a scooby-doo style catch the bad guy thing, so spoilers about that are all over.

I have not! My light level is like 195 though, is that too low?

If you're into the PvP side of things, The Crucible is a nice place to level up and the drops can be pretty decent, especially if you're light is low. The Vanguard strike playlist would be good for you, too. They're Light Level 36 and can drop some pretty nice stuff.

When I was ranking up, I played a lot of Crucible.

Ghazi

Spent 140 coins trying to get Sealed Ahamkara's Grasps and literally got 6 Young Ahamkara's Spines and a Claws of Ahamkara. Like... I can't be that unlucky, can I?

Ghazi

Did you open them up on another class?

Nah, I decoded them on my Hunter. I ended up just taking a 290 Grasps I had in the vault and infusing it with all the guantlets I just got. Unfortunately I only have 40 coins left now, but I'm also at the point where I have every exotic I want, so I guess that's good.

E92 M3

Nah, I decoded them on my Hunter. I ended up just taking a 290 Grasps I had in the vault and infusing it with all the guantlets I just got. Unfortunately I only have 40 coins left now, but I'm also at the point where I have every exotic I want, so I guess that's good.

While anecdotal, I've always had the best luck opening items on different classes.

spyder_ur

Looks like Firebase Delphi. I like that map. Sniper fest though.

Edit: I was thinking of the other base one. Delphi will be interesting.

Strider

Who the heck is Ahamkara, by the way? Putting out all these gloves...

It's a race described as "wish fulfilling dragons." Basically they made a deal with Oryx and ultimately that's why he was able to become so powerful... I'm not going to be able to explain the details very well but there's quite a lot written about the ahamkara in grimoire cards/book of sorrows.

It's a shame they aren't ever mentioned in the actual game tho... I hope they make an appearance in Destiny 2.

I mean they are motherfuckin dragons afterall... What's not cool about that.

Mupod

It's a race described as "wish fulfilling dragons." Basically they made a deal with Oryx and ultimately that's why he was able to become so powerful... I'm not going to be able to explain the details very well but there's quite a lot written about the ahamkara in grimoire cards/book of sorrows.

It's a shame they aren't ever mentioned in the actual game tho... I hope they make an appearance in Destiny 2.

I mean they are motherfuckin dragons afterall... What's not cool about that.

One of these days I'll find time to read all of this shit. I was under the assumption that Hive served the worms, and those hated the Ahamkara.

I do think Hive lore is really interesting, in particular the way they follow certain 'rules'. I like to think the whole concept of raid encounters and boss fight mechanics actually fits into their way of thinking.

Top Bottom