• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

JonCha

Managed to unencrypt The Impossible Machines at 310 ... for my Hunter. It means my gloves are now 307 Light though which has pushed me to 302 Light overall.

My helmet is still 295 Light along with my artifact (or around there), so I need to get those 300+.

Feorax

Anyone up for NM King Fall? I'd prefer to do it from totems if someone has the CP, but if not then fresh.

1. Feorax (PSN: MattIgoe)
2. lynux3
3. Casmith
4. rcmDez
5. voa127
6. Azolith

We can go when we have 6.

Edit: full

You steaming?

Who's streaming? Are you? How about you?

I'm not playing let alone streaming. Maybe later tonight but got life stuff.

Sorry Drizz. That was a tough one to loose :(

The lag in a majority of those matches was just absurd.

Nah, there weren't any tough losses. Just me not caring enough to try and us not communicating or playing together at all. Probably the worst I've ever played in Trials but it was too boring.

Afrocious

don't worry. i can stream. ape, todd, and i will do trials and suddenly remember we're going flawless when the ticker says we got the ultimate victory

I'm convinced Bungie doesn't think about crucible when making the majority of their decisions.

i'd argue crucible is the reason pve endgame sucks atm

lynux3

Anyone up for NM King Fall? I'd prefer to do it from totems if someone has the CP, but if not then fresh.

I'd like to do it with my alt if you're okay with that. He's currently 291, but I can bring over the ToM and some other stuff to bring him up.

Dez_

2. lynux3

I can join. I haven't done KF on my Titan yet. I my light's in the mid 290's, but I'm sure I can bring it up. Have ToM as well. Sorry, don't have a checkpoint, though.
PSN: rcmDez

darknil

So guys,

I don't consider myself a bad player on PvP, I usually end up top 3 on 6v6 matches, but I'm having so much trouble with Trials.

I expect to play later, my expectation is trying to get the 5 and 7 win prizes, I know Mercury but only because I was carried by Drizz on HoW.

Any general tips based on the map?

i'd argue crucible is the reason pve endgame sucks atm

Please elaborate. I'm not sure I follow.

The problem is they do - just look at how boring post PVE weapons are. Unfortunately, they miss small stuff like perk combinations with certain weapons.

The problem is they do. That's why weapons and abilities are as dull as they are. Crucible brings down pvp AND the decisions they make pertaining pve are also terrible.

I don't buy this argument. They can make interesting weapons without having them be OP in crucible. Look at the HoW exotics or the VoG and Crota weapons. They were all interesting for PvE and didn't break crucible.

They are just afraid to make anything good for fear of being overpowered. This fear is surely compounded by how miserably slowly they make changes.

I understand what you are saying though and I should have said that Bungie doesn't think about crucible when deciding to include things but rather thinks about it when deciding not to include things.

Afrocious

So guys,

I don't consider myself a bad player on PvP, I usually end up top 3 on 6v6 matches, but I'm having so much trouble with Trials.

I expect to play later, my expectation is trying to get the 5 and 7 win prizes, I know Mercury but only because I was carried by Drizz on HoW.

What are the problems you're having?

E92 M3

Please elaborate. I'm not sure I follow.

I don't buy this argument. They can make interesting weapons without having them be OP in crucible. Look at the HoW exotics or the VoG and Crota weapons. They were all interesting for PvE and didn't break crucible.

They are just afraid to make anything good for fear of being overpowered. This fear is surely compounded by how miserably slowly they make changes.

I understand what you are saying though and I should have said that Bungie doesn't think about crucible when deciding to include things but rather thinks about it when deciding not to include things.

I want to have OP weapons in PVE. Nothing wrong with feeling powerful.

They need to separate PVP and PVE. That would allow for some truly crazy ideas.

So guys,

Tips for Trials in general, not even just this map:

• Play with the same people regularly so you know their tactics and they know yours. You'll start to compliment each other.
  • Don't move forward without a solid reason. Even if you get a kill, evaluate the situation before you charge in for the other two. It's okay to let the other team get a revivie off. It's better than you dying on their side, and your team having no way to revive you.
  • Rezzing a teammate after the point has been awarded for the round causes their rez timer to apply to the next round. Don't do that.
  • Use the time after you've won the round to run to special ammo and pick it up.
  • If you are left in a 3v1 situation as the 1, and you know you aren't going to pull off some miracle, then end the round early. Otherwise, you're letting all 3 enemies build up super, while only you are building up super on your side.
  • Communicate. Call out anytime you see red on your radar, and the general direction of where you saw it.
  • Examine the enemy team before the match starts in the roster page of your menu. See how many snipers/shotguns you might be going up against and plan accordingly.
  • Scan the enemy team for self-rez and fast-rez before the match starts.

That should be enough to start with.

I want to have OP weapons in PVE. Nothing wrong with feeling powerful.

They need to separate PVP and PVE. That would allow for some truly crazy ideas.

I want them too. We have had them and they haven't ruined crucible. Bungie doesn't want us all to use the same weapons so they have made all weapons equally boring as opposed to all equally powerful. Separate PvE and PvP weapons would be interesting but part of what makes Destiny good is that you can get gear in any game mode that is good for any other game mode. Without the crossover PvE and PvP would feel weirdly segmented and disjointed. What they could do is introduce PvE specific perks. The extra damage on certain enemies is a start but they could go further and say perk "X" causes weak minions of the darkness to turn on their allies briefly.

Top Bottom