• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whats the best way to get year 1 exotics between the old raids & PoE?
If you mean which is better of the two of those, PoE because it's more repeatable I guess. The Legacy Engram that Xur sells will heavily favor exotics that you don't have yet, though. So if it's an engram type that contains something you're missing it's not a bad buy, unless you're totally drained on strange coins.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
This game needs a nightfall strike playlist so badly (with matchmaking). I've got loads of legendary weapons and exotics to use and play with, but I've got no interesting or difficult combat scenarios.

GlamFM

Banned
I can confirm that Oryx will NEVER give me a helmet (normal OR hard) even if I bring a brand spanking new lady titan.

stay gold

If you mean which is better of the two of those, PoE because it's more repeatable I guess. The Legacy Engram that Xur sells will heavily favor exotics that you don't have yet, though. So if it's an engram type that contains something you're missing it's not a bad buy, unless you're totally drained on strange coins.

Just wanting to get some of the decent exotics from Y1 (i.e Red Death), I was on Xbox in Y1 so don't have any of them, Xur's engrams will be a crapshoot.

I can run some PoE when im bored I guess. Cheers.

I can confirm that Oryx will NEVER give me a helmet (normal OR hard) even if I bring a brand spanking new lady titan.

Did you not know, the Titan helmet is based off the warpriest. If you don't kill the warpriest in the same run as Oryx, you can't get a Titan helmet.

kappa

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So guys,

I don't consider myself a bad player on PvP, I usually end up top 3 on 6v6 matches, but I'm having so much trouble with Trials.

I expect to play later, my expectation is trying to get the 5 and 7 win prizes, I know Mercury but only because I was carried by Drizz on HoW.

Any general tips based on the map?

I'm in the same boat.

I think it's because since I usually go it alone in PVP I need to adjust to coordinating with a team and know what to do when shit gets hairy with all the revives and stuff.

Mindlog

Thank you Oryx kill team. Special thanks for sticking with kill everything while we ironed out the early wrinkles.

After playing with just about every strat I like 1,2,3/kill everything from the middle the most.
1,2,3 Let's you put some reliable DPS in the middle.
1,2,3 Makes it very easy for a platform Titan to drop an additional bubble in the middle to help.
Being in the middle makes it easier to kill crossing knights and the vessel.
Killing Ogres relieves that stress from the relic runner.
No need to waste time jumping up to the platforms.
Titan bubbles expire right around Oryx staggering time which means you can kill adds without them in your way.
You can easily kill every significant add before moving out to detonate bombs.

Our last bomb round was an ultra-smooth perfectly timed affair. Five stars.
This game needs a nightfall strike playlist so badly (with matchmaking). I've got loads of legendary weapons and exotics to use and play with, but I've got no interesting or difficult combat scenarios.
Game needs to do more fear embracing.
That mission is top quality. Spindle mission is the runner up and especially commendable for being a quality challenge even in fireteams of 3.

Fear's Embrace for Destiny 2 mission template.

I'm in the same boat.

I think it's because since I usually go it alone in PVP I need to adjust to coordinating with a team and know what to do when shit gets hairy with all the revives and stuff.

It's also that your palette of skills is hugely diminished when you can't rely on reviving (and therefore taking risks), supers are slower, because there are less teammates to take orbs from, and less kills to produce them on. And it limits both Heavy and Special Ammo severely.

So if you rely on any skills that aren't your primary (or secondary) they're suddenly gone, and they're asking you to get good.

Which, I'd be lying if I said I didn't love. Even the losses I feel pretty great about. It's a lot about strategy as a team, but ultimately it's even more about staying alive as an individual.

And on subject:

Anyone for Trials?

Not really Destiny related, but you know.

My ModMic should be arriving soon-ish! Got tired of using gaming headsets and decided to make my own using a pair of decent headphones and ModMic. I've used Tritton Pro and PS Gold Wireless headsets and the sound quality on my new headphones is much better. Looking forward to completing the build!

Mupod

So I have decided to try Bumper Jumper for the first time

I keep thinking I should try a different control scheme. Instead I've just started, like, Monster Hunter PSP clawing my controller when I need to revive and do other stuff at once. It's horrible but it's working.

I used to play Southpaw exclusively for every halo game ever, and I miss it sometimes.

I just can't do Southpaw on games with ADS, it just doesn't work right for some reason.

Bumper Jumper is hard to get into and it's a bit weird to try to Titan skate with. I don't care for melee on the stick either but you get used to it. I can't go back now and I feel like bumper jumper has completely changed my playstyle. I'm now much more mobile.

coy

I switched to Jumper then the next day signed up for a Flawless VoG attempt with EU gaffers (November of last year). I didn't tell anyone I made the switch, but I must've looked dumb when I activated Golden Gun at random times especially during the jumping puzzle. It's second nature now, even the melee stick.

hadar

I find Bumper Jumper to be the best to play with my Titan, skating for days.

Nightstalker is another thing altogether, having slide on circle makes it hard to get used to clutch shadestep..

Dez_

Need one more for NM Oryx. Group is already ready to go.

Sorry to leave the group so suddenly, but if you're still looking, I can jump back in to help.

Edit: Cool, it looks like you found someone. Thanks for the raid guys! Got at my 3rd raid shotgun and some boots out of the whole thing, but it was still fun to do!

I got a Conspiracy Theory-D in a random drop earlier. I remember this thing being a best in mulitplayer. Is this still true.

Also, I got a Legendary pulse rifle called the Hawksaw. Worth keeping or junk?

stay gold

I got a Conspiracy Theory-D in a random drop earlier. I remember this thing being a best in mulitplayer. Is this still true.

Also, I got a Legendary pulse rifle called the Hawksaw. Worth keeping or junk?

Conspiracy Theory D is good, it's so slow you absolutely have to kill in 1 shot with it, however.

What perks did you get on Hawksaw? I've come around on it and am finding it pretty incredible atm, with full stability & rangefinder.

Thank you Oryx kill team. Special thanks for sticking with kill everything while we ironed out the early wrinkles.

After playing with just about every strat I like 1,2,3/kill everything from the middle the most.
1,2,3 Let's you put some reliable DPS in the middle.
1,2,3 Makes it very easy for a platform Titan to drop an additional bubble in the middle to help.
Being in the middle makes it easier to kill crossing knights and the vessel.
Killing Ogres relieves that stress from the relic runner.
No need to waste time jumping up to the platforms.
Titan bubbles expire right around Oryx staggering time which means you can kill adds without them in your way.
You can easily kill every significant add before moving out to detonate bombs.

Our last bomb round was an ultra-smooth perfectly timed affair. Five stars.

Game needs to do more fear embracing.
That mission is top quality. Spindle mission is the runner up and especially commendable for being a quality challenge even in fireteams of 3.

Fear's Embrace for Destiny 2 mission template.
Agreed. Nice job on the kill once everyone was on the same page.

The thing with Oryx, especially HM, is that a lot of people are used to running with the same group using a specific strat. So when things change it can be a bit rough on a boss fight that requires such precision and almost no room for deaths early on. While the 'no knight' strat was great for under-leveled groups it was probably more of a hindrance to succeeding now that most people are doing the kill ogre/knight strat.

The first couple times I switched from the old strat it took some getting used to (learning where knights spawn, dealing with adds, etc.)

Also, RNGesus showing how to be both awesome and a dick at the same time. This was all from one Oryx kill:

300 warlock helmet (first one!)
300 warlock arms
303 auto rifle
310 harrowed warlock boots
317 harrowed auto rifle

zewone

This was a lot more important up until Halo Reach when bungie started adding penalties to aiming while airborne.

In Destiny, you aim goes to shit when you jump anyway, so it isn't as important.

It helps.

Like shooting an opponent with a shotgun in mid air and finishing them off with a throwing knife headshot.

zuXmdN3.gif

the_id

anybody up for trials?
I'm on at the moment and I'm not strong enough to carry anyone, but I do want to practice.
Anyone up for it?

psn the_id

the_id

anybody up for trials?
I'm on at the moment and I'm not strong enough to carry anyone, but I do want to practice.
Anyone up for it?

psn the_id

Just posting for the new page. Join me if your want a to practice.

Feorax

Sorry to leave the group so suddenly, but if you're still looking, I can jump back in to help.

Edit: Cool, it looks like you found someone. Thanks for the raid guys! Got at my 3rd raid shotgun and some boots out of the whole thing, but it was still fun to do!

Yeah, that was great, thanks for the help! Finally got the bastard nailed. Loot was fairly shit, but an exotic engram that dropped turned into a 310 Telesto, and I infused the HC into my Zhalo, so I made a whopping leap to light 301 from 300. Great run though guys, thanks!

Shoutout to the guy from destinylfg who jumped in too.

Top Bottom