• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Just now catching up on the thread before passing out, thanks bud. I should be able to post a pic of the beer labels soon, think they were shipped to work which I haven't been to this week.

Thanks Colonel :)

Thanks! Lol good point, nah I have a 4 y/o boy too, so good times.

Dude congrats!! That is awesome, best wishes on the new journey ahead. If you pick September you can always do aa Destiny 2 themed wedding
j/k
congrats, fellow flawless platinum bro!

The clan "Going Cabal's Deep" can go fuck right off every time I play against them their connection is fucking horrible ANOTHER 8-1 CARD. 6th one today.

back too sore

2Cj1boP.png

Yeah I don't know. But if anyone wants to play Trials later on tonight that's great. I'm trying to go Flawless and hopefully I can get it again because holy shit I'm tired of getting to 8-0 and losing the last one.

border

I don't know how fair people are being when they complain about the current PVP meta or ToO, but I think one of the more crushing parts of Destiny is that when Bungie changes the game for the worse you know it will probably take them months to fix it.

I'm not sure if the problem is that they're working on multiple platforms or that Sony/Microsoft require an extensive testing/approval process for every significant patch, but the slow rate at which things get corrected is pretty disheartening.

SheHateMe

Started off hot with 5-0 and ended 6-3 after some bullshit.

Didn't know waiting until Overtime with 3 different shotguns was a viable strategy, and yet, here we are. Fuck 'em.

Anyway, I got a good haul. 303 helm and 307 boots. Also got a 306 cloak (have a 309) and a 270 chest. (woo)

I'm finally over 305.

I don't know how fair people are being when they complain about the current PVP meta or ToO, but I think one of the more crushing parts of Destiny is that when Bungie changes the game for the worse you know it will probably take them months to fix it.

I'm not sure if the problem is that they're working on multiple platforms or that Sony/Microsoft require an extensive testing/approval process for every significant patch, but the slow rate at which things get corrected is pretty disheartening.
Given how quickly they fix things that are good for the players I don't think it's this.

border

Given how quickly they fix things that are good for the players I don't think it's this.

Crota's End spent nearly a month with game-breaking cheeses intact. I am not a particularly good or well equipped player, and I could solo my way all the way to Deathsinger for many weeks.

There are some things that it looks like they can change with just a hotfix which doesn't require Sony/MS patch approval, but other things that require a proper XBL or PSN distributed patch do in fact take longer. Some things can obviously be changed with just a quick edit to a text/ini file (like disabling Quiver to fix the Shadowshot glitch), but changing raid mechanics does in fact take time.

E92 M3

I'm Halloween drunk and can't contain how salty I am

My KD has gone from 1.4 to 1.1

I quit playing daily

Zoba has a bet not to mention it so I will: nerfing TLW = nerf fun, nerf the game, nerf everything. I'd give up my account and start over if I c go back to fun aggressive PvP

I called it before they even did it that nerfing TLW is the antithesis of fun and pulse rifles are a boring meta to have fun. TLW revitalized PVP for me when I started getting good with the gun.

Truly miss it.

We had 3 or 4 of those matches in a row.

Fuck my life. Gonna get a heart condition from this.

It makes it so much sweeter ;)

border

Does anyone want to do a Nightfall? I only need 1 more.

Does anyone want to do Atheon? I don't mind putting a group together, so long as it can be done kinda quickly.

LTWood12

Anyone want to do a leisurely trials run for the bounties? No mic right now.

Does anyone want to do Atheon? I don't mind putting a group together, so long as it can be done kinda quickly.

I'll do it w/ you. Gimme a minute to gear up. Shoot me an invite.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

NF here...PSN Godless_Pagan

Rubenov

Didn't know waiting until Overtime with 3 different shotguns was a viable strategy, and yet, here we are. Fuck 'em.

Had a team of titans camp inside their building with chaperones. Each round they were building their suppers up, then coming out to hammer. Still beat them.

GorillaJu

This game feels a lot less grindy in TTK than vanilla, but holy shit Hadium Flakes... 50 to make TOM, 25 for each sword, 10 for each upgrade tier on TOM.

And the only way to get them is from Dreadnaught chests.

What the fuck man

The good thing about Trials in Year Two is that there is no one class being used, compared to Year One where it was basically Bladedancer or Sunsinger. Sunbreakers on this map are easy to avoid, so it serves as a soft counter for the Super itself. I saw every class this week except Defenders. I also like that rewards drop during wins and that the game gets more difficult as you match stronger teams.

Conversely, there are some not so good things about Trials in Year Two.

• Rewards in the post game dropping at 265. Just... what? Recommended light is 290, so why is gear dropping that low?
  • The rewards aren't very compelling to begin with. There's nothing unique about the armor other than its aesthetics (which have mostly been renamed and reskinned from May), and it seems to be pulling from a limited pool of talents. Again, it's also dropping at a lower light level, so I don't see the need to infuse gear from end-game content just because it looks nice. On the weapon side, I had the Scout and Hand Cannon drop and I don't see why I'd use them over anything from the vendors. The Jewel and Messenger were great PvP weapons and the Scholar was my go to PvE Scout Rifle because of its impact and element. I ran Trials week after week to get different elements on the Scholar. What am I running Trials in Year Two for? Because it's competitive?
    kappa.png

• Not with this connection. I've played more laggy games in the last two days than I have in the entirety of Trials in Year One. Why prioritize wins and skill over connection when bad connection in this game can completely mitigate skill?
  • The gunskill in Destiny has gone down the drain anyway primarily because Sniper Rifles in Year Two all have inflated aim assist stats. For Trials, people will naturally gravitate towards the high impact Sniper Rifles to revive snipe, and the most accessible one is a 1000 Yard Stare which has more aim assist than Year One's popular choices - the LDR-5001 and Her Benevolence. In Year One, using a Sniper was not a guaranteed kill unless they were abusing Final Round (which I am glad to see mostly gone). This meant that only players confident in their aim would pull out a Sniper. In Year Two however, the Sniper is far too easy to use for its kill potential, especially on a map with long sightlines like Bannerfall. It cheapens the "competitiveness" of Trials when you can be sniped while maneuvering through the air or running behind a wall.

The weapon meta in Year Two essentially removed Hand Cannons from the competitive tier because Year Two is based around countering the high aim assist on Snipers. Therefore, players want a weapon that kills quickly and staggers Snipers at range. Hand Cannons no longer do this, Autos aren't that good at it (Zhalo is an exception) and Scouts don't kill quick enough (Jade Rabbit is also an exception). That leaves a wealthy offering of Pulse Rifles to choose from...with no variation in how they're used. Weapon diversity is certainly up from Year One, but playstyle diversity basically boils down to long-ranged engagements where you either backpedal while ADSing, or peak from behind a wall trying to stagger a Sniper. The one-dimensional gameplay artificially puts players on equal footing and makes the gunplay boring because of how similar the play styles are. Every weapon from Year One's meta played differently, whereas every weapon from Year Two is almost a palette swap. There was no difference in the way I fought with a Hawksaw, Red Death, Inward Lamp, Touch of Malice, or Supercell because playing differently with them reduces their optimal kill time.

And if you don't want to use these weapons, you wont be competitive. Also, Shotguns are still broken. Welcome to Season 3 of Destiny!
  • I don't know how I feel about Bannerfal in Trials. On the one hand, i think it's one of the better designed maps in the game because it's geometrically clean (which is honestly embarrassing to list as a positive) and it gives players clear areas with height advantage. On the other hand, with how easy it is to fight players at range now, making use of that height advantage often puts you in view of a long line of sight, so encounters still end up favoring campy linearity to avoid those engagements. This is especially true now that the weapon meta revolves around weapons that can't be used while maneuvering to height advantage, so it plays more one dimensional than it ought to.

I enjoyed playing the game at that level with DGAF again, but I don't think Trials will reinvigorate the PvP spark.

Geist-

Yes! First time Flawless!

HWOPoxg.jpg

Got a Water Star(Adept), pretty meh but I'll keep it as a memento. Couple matches before I got inward lamp with full auto and third eye and it more than makes up for it. Such an amazing scout rifle, the fire rate is so fast.

Pat_DC

I know everyone is probably running trials but are two people interested in doing a NF?
About to jump on now, pat_dc82

Mupod

trials bounties confirmed so easy that drunk idiots can do them

I guess I'll get this out of the way on my other two characters tomorrow.

Top Bottom