• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Kyne

Question for trials;

Is specific time gated gear dropping (and if so which) or can everything drop from the rewards?

zewone

Question for trials;

Is specific time gated gear dropping (and if so which) or can everything drop from the rewards?
Trials boots drop at 5 wins and the Trials scout drops at 7 wins guaranteed.

The Gold package bounty can drop any of the Trials gear. Random.

Lighthouse drops any of the four primaries.

Pulse range and accuracy at long range needs a serious nerf. People are able to easily kill across the map with pulses.

I agree, they are to good at very long range. they are suffering from the HC issue, to much range but please dont nerf it into the ground like you did with HC bungie.. they dont know how to balance weapons over at Bungie it seems.

deadduck

Pulse range and accuracy at long range needs a serious nerf. People are able to easily kill across the map with pulses.

It has been, messenger used to 2 shot across pantheon, I've not got a mercy, but my hawksaw or villainy cant 3 shot because of damage drop off.

Maybe pull it in a bit more, but an accurate shot at range should still put off a hardscoping sniper.

I agree, they are to good at very long range. they are suffering from the HC issue, to much range but please dont nerf it into the ground like you did with HC bungie.. they dont know how to balance weapons over at Bungie it seems.

Part of the issue is they are too slow to make changes. Even if they make bad changes it would be nice to see frequent changes until a good meta is found. The handcannon nerf was a complete overreaction in response to 3 exotics. Range needed a slight nerf but the accuracy nerf is far too intense. Missing shots feels like rng not poor aim.

I don't know about a serious nerf but they do need to be reined in. The range stat on pulses is pretty much irrelevant. Nirwen's with Injection Mold works from pretty dang far for a weapon with only 34 range. For reference Hawkmoon with Hammer Forged has 53 range and it pretty clearly just goes fuck it once you reach mid-range, that and not being able to hit a follow up shot worth a damn.

Pulse Life!

Part of the issue is they are too slow to make changes. Even if they make bad changes it would be nice to see frequent changes until a good meta is found. The handcannon nerf was a complete overreaction in response to 3 exotics. Range needed a slight nerf but the accuracy nerf is far too intense. Missing shots feels like rng not poor aim.

Agree, the range nerf was ok, still took to much imo but the accuracy nerf was way to big. its like they dont want us to use the HC anymore.

best thing would be to Buff the Range a tad for HC and buff the accuracy to what it was pre 2.0 Nerf for HC.

Nerf Pulse Range.

Everyone complaining about pulse rifles, yet I hear no one about that bullshit luck in the chamber sniper. Eirene I think?

Why nerf final round and then give people a gun with essentially pre-nerf final round on it. Damn. PvP is such a mess now.

I still feel dirty for that Lighthouse run with 3 hammerbros. Everytime someone got in a 1v3 situation, it was as simple as pop a hammer and whack everything. Trials on easy mode.

Bizazedo

Destiny's PvP problem, in my newb opinion, has always been that TTK was too low. I don't want to play CoD style PvP :(.

But yeah, as said above, AA snipers are already borderline OP / OP, so it's not just pulses...

I don't know about a serious nerf but they do need to be reined in. The range stat on pulses is pretty much irrelevant. Nirwen's with Injection Mold works from pretty dang far for a weapon with only 34 range. For reference Hawkmoon with Hammer Forged has 53 range and it pretty clearly just goes fuck it once you reach mid-range, that and not being able to hit a follow up shot worth a damn.

Pulse Life!

Serious is probably an exaggeration but you nail it on the head. Range stat is irrelevant on pulses. My Nirwen's does far better with shit range than my Hawksaw with fantastic range simply because there's no recoil on the Nirwen's. Range should be a factor more than stability when in long range firefights.

Agree, the range nerf was ok, still took to much imo but the accuracy nerf was way to big. its like they dont want us to use the HC anymore.

best thing would be to Buff the Range a tad for HC and buff the accuracy to what it was pre 2.0 Nerf for HC.

Nerf Pulse Range.

Yup. If the hipfire accuracy is rebuffed as well TLW will become more useable.

deadduck

Everyone complaining about pulse rifles, yet I hear no one about that bullshit luck in the chamber sniper. Eirene I think?

Why nerf final round and then give people a gun with essentially pre-nerf final round on it. Damn. PvP is such a mess now.

I still feel dirty for that Lighthouse run with 3 hammerbros. Everytime someone got in a 1v3 situation, it was as simple as pop a hammer and whack everything. Trials on easy mode.

I'm OK with pulses, just bring back TLW without the range, make HC both more accurate on followup shots and suffer little penalty in the air.

Yep, Eirene is dirty gun.

Beating 3 hammerbros with flawless emblems on your way to the lighthouse is awesome though.

Don't even get me started on the damn Litc sniper. That shit is so broken. A sniper should never be a OHK on a full health opponent.

Another thing that straight up breaks the game in the smallest way is the new delay before you can fire after readying your weapon.

Toki767

Finally 50 weapon parts and 50 hadium flakes. Stupid Touch of Malice. Better be worth it.

On the bright side I pretty much solo'd that antiquated rune boss lol

People don't like that LitC Eirene but it's not as prevalent as the 1000 Yard Stare, which has ridiculous AA anyways.. so there isn't exactly a rush to get that Eirene.

Yup. If the hipfire accuracy is rebuffed as well TLW will become more useable.

A hipfire accuracy buff would be nice, but at the moment I feel its quite ok. Aiming down the site missing shots is the real issue on the damn gun, and range, still needs a bit more range but not as much as it was pre 2.0 obviously

I have that luck in the chamber Eirene RR4, dont use it. Running my 1000 Yard stare with Ambush,lifesupport,quickdraw,outlaw perk. I dont like the scopes on the Eirene

TP-DK

Eh with that huge amount of aim assist there is on the snipers now, everyone is basically making crit kills with all shots.

Reduce sniper aim assist by 50%, reduce pulse rifle flinching and their range and bring back accuracy to handcannons.

deadduck

People don't like that LitC Eirene but it's not as prevalent as the 1000 Yard Stare, which has ridiculous AA anyways.. so there isn't exactly a rush to get that Eirene.

1k yard stare is comparable to the old LDR, neither have AA in the same league of MLG favourite the 09-longbow.

I honestly think its to far down the line for them to change anything in a meaningful way. There only hope is to have a complete reset and start afresh.

I mentioned it yesterday but look at the rules for Halo https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena if you start with a proper system in place it makes changes much easier. Trials is a great idea but it suffers because of the general state of Crucible

Edit I'll be amazed if we see a weapon rebalance before Christmas

Top Bottom