• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Frenden

Banned
It's 5am and I have a bottle of jager on me

Any 2 bad PvP players wanna run a losing trials card to work on bounties? Lol imagine not but worth a try

A_javierp on PSN. Fun conversation and hella avg skill guaranteed no donations required

Tomorrow! Tonight's my wedding anniversary, so I'm spoken for.

Mupod

It's 5am and I have a bottle of jager on me

Any 2 bad PvP players wanna run a losing trials card to work on bounties? Lol imagine not but worth a try

A_javierp on PSN. Fun conversation and hella avg skill guaranteed no donations required

why not. Warning I am very drunk.

Namikaze1

These past 3 days have been great. Barely no Destiny bullshit on my end since I haven't play since Wednesday (I logged in today just to visit Xur and Vance). Managed to beat Halo 5 on Legendary thursday night and beat AC Syndicate today. Been reading the thread. Looks like skipping ToO was a good idea.

Magik

After running three trials run... well one is incomplete, the nerf to the HCs has definitely had an overall negative effect on the game. It's just too boring due to how the majority of the engagements are from a distance.

The old system, while flawed, at least had your far share of close engagements and far engagements. This new meta? 90% far engagements since its now mainly PR/Sniper combos.

This system now needs some serious fixes as I would not be surprised if the player base for Trials start to really plummet in the proceeding weeks.

I'm Halloween drunk and can't contain how salty I am

My KD has gone from 1.4 to 1.1

I quit playing daily

Zoba has a bet not to mention it so I will: nerfing TLW = nerf fun, nerf the game, nerf everything. I'd give up my account and start over if I c go back to fun aggressive PvP

Yeah, this whole 'wait on opposite sides and wait to get sniped/pulsed' is fucking horrid. When I did trials last night I just equipped my shotgun, told my team to hug the tight corners, and fuck their sniping/pulse rifles. Fuck man.

One of the easiest go-to's for defending Destiny used to be, "Well, at least the shooting is AMAZING." With ARs still feeling bad after their first nerf--and even their rebuff--and HCs being relegated to the trash heap, that defense isn't as easy to trot out.

"If, uh, you use pulse rifles, the game feels okay, I guess."

Yeah, it's weird. The Assault rifle in Halo feels damn good and is viable, but somehow they fucked it up with Destiny. I feel it has to do more with the fact that everyone starts with their favored weapons, as before you had to pick it up. So the AR has.........to be weaker than everything else? I don't know.

Thanks Longhorn and Kadey!

I was going to join but you were full so nyah :(

the_id

Fresh NM Kings fall. Need one more. Taking a friend over.

1. The_id
2. LooneyLMD
3. Kurtz-niisan
4. A_buttbaby
5. Longhornbevo

catspit

Anyone want to help with that taken champion that spawns in the rocket yard on earth for "the taken war:earth" quest ? I could use a hand

ocean

Banned
Yo

1 more for trials

We drunk and not going flawless so come and get some bounties done. The worse you play the more at home you'll feel, come get rekd with me and mupod

A_javierp on PSN

the_id

Fresh NM Kings fall. Need one more. Taking a friend over.

1. The_id
2. LooneyLMD
3. Kurtz-niisan
4. A_buttbaby
5. Longhornbevo
Last edited by the_id; Today at 04:12 PM.

Ok, thanks guys. Just need one more.

Edit: got one more.

Pulse rifles are the most boring primary because there's no tradeoff or skill required to use them compared to the other primaries. Auto rifles make you play in close and requires good recoil control. Hand cannons require precision shots and aggressive close range and play. Scouts require precision too, but force long range encounters. Pulse rifles though are frequently lazer beams that are effective at the majority of ranges. There isn't much dynamic about the way you use them. You Can spray and pray like an AR user or be precise like a scout user and beat either at their own game.

Pulse rifles are the most boring primary because there's no tradeoff or skill required to use them compared to the other primaries. Auto rifles make you play in close and requires good recoil control. Hand cannons require precision shots and aggressive close range and play. Scouts require precision too, but force long range encounters. Pulse rifles though are frequently lazer beams that are effective at the majority of ranges. There isn't much dynamic about the way you use them. You Can spray and pray like an AR user or be precise like a scout user and beat either at their own game.

Yep, so sick of this meta, hated that class since day 1. Are you done for the night?

Namikaze1

So any of you guys came across anyone dressed as any Destiny characters? I did (Rahool and the Douche)

I kicked them both in the nuts. Fuckers took my candy.

Two friends were dressed as them for Halloween. I was Ezio Auditore

So I still have the boon from the last trials I played on my inventory screen...from back on HoW.

And I could still buy the new boons on my card.

....double boonage?

They're very much set up as a jack of all trades, master of none style of weapon except everything else sucks in comparison

Magik

Totally agreed.

What they need to do is reduce the stability on all the pulse rifles and/or reduce their damage output to balance them out.

Totally agreed.

What they need to do is reduce the stability on all the pulse rifles and/or reduce their damage output to balance them out.

Yup. Further nerf stability. If I'm getting nailed by a pulse I'd rather it's the result of slick thumbwork as opposed to zero recoil.

Rehsa

Hey, congrats on the baby hunter :)
Just now catching up on the thread before passing out, thanks bud. I should be able to post a pic of the beer labels soon, think they were shipped to work which I haven't been to this week.

Congrats on the mini guardian, moridhin!! :)
Thanks Colonel :)

Pretty sure you mean baby warlock, because for all I know newborns can´t jump.

Congrats. Your first?
Thanks! Lol good point, nah I have a 4 y/o boy too, so good times.

BTW DGAF I wanted share with this great community that I proposed to my GF of 5 years last night and she said yes!!!

One of the happiest days of my life! We are aiming for the wedding to be next august or September :)

Dude congrats!! That is awesome, best wishes on the new journey ahead. If you pick September you can always do aa Destiny 2 themed wedding
j/k

Totally agreed.

Stability would probably be the better option, though what I'd like to see (though I don't know if it's possible) would be greater bullet spread as the distance gets longer. So that you can still have good stability and accuracy at short to medium-long ranges but the spread gets wider the further the target is.

Zocano

CSsx3hmUAAEdy-_.jpg:large

Top Bottom