• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

SnakeEyes

Banned
There's nothing worse than Thorn/Matador meta.

Nothing.

Thorn was so cheap. Besides the obnoxious visual effect on their screen you could double tap and run away for a guaranteed kill. Good riddance.
I actually miss Thorn now. Pulse Rifle meta is kinda worse because of the extended range they can work at.

GutZ31

this pulse meta is absolute garbage. there's no gunskill in standing still on the ground.
I am no PVP guru, but can usually do ok in regular pvp, but pulse does seem to reign supreme.
I did run into one person that had some real skill, using hawkmoon like it was still the sniper it was in Y1.
Still sucks that TLW is pretty much useless unless the other team is garbage.

Got 310 armor from the gold package and a Hawkmoon from the silver package, both 310. Then got a 317 HC from the Lighthouse. Can't complain about that.

Thanks again Rubenov and Wicked. #Legends

edit: It got real sweaty towards the end, especially the last game when we were 8-0. They're matchmaking is working as inteded I'd say.

rc213

I actually miss Thorn now. Pulse Rifle meta is kinda worse because of the extended range they can work at.

I find the Snipers Auto Aim fuckery worse than even that.

Hoping EroticSushi and the guys got it done. There was some glitching happening all over that session. Holy cow!

hey guys, sorry about the lack of comm's today - kinezo, deafmedal, drizzay, gibbshift, and johnofmars (gutz, i didn't think you were interested in maybe raiding tonight, sorry if i was incorrect) - halloween festivities took a lot more effort than i anticipated, lol, and my kids didn't get to bed until a half hour ago.
i'm hoping that maybe tomorrow night, we can run another KF from totems, or fresh?
priority will be given to prior FT members, but if anyone wants in, i'll include you as alts

KF NM, preferably from totems for me, as i'm just chasing loot to get to HM
10pm EDT, if that works?

1. rasengan1337

Alt1
Alt2
Alt3
Alt4

I am no PVP guru, but can usually do ok in regular pvp, but pulse does seem to reign supreme.
I did run into one person that had some real skill, using hawkmoon like it was still the sniper it was in Y1.
Still sucks that TLW is pretty much useless unless the other team is garbage.

I was really confident with messenger last trials, but dammit if there isn't a single pulse rifle I can't connect with in trials. Nothing is working for me. I have no idea why.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I find the Snipers Auto Aim fuckery worse than even that.

Hoping EroticSushi and the guys got it done. There was some glitching happening all over that session. Holy cow!
Oh, that too. The wild-swing headshots that seem to rule with Snipers is utter ass.

GutZ31

I was really confident with messenger last trials, but dammit if there isn't a single pulse rifle I can't connect with in trials. Nothing is working for me. I have no idea why.
The lyudmila-d is pretty much exactly The Messenger stat for stat.
The only issue is finding one with a good roll for PvP, or in general.
The rolls from this week were utter trash, so picking up a new package in hopes to get a better roll for next weeks arms day.

X-Frame

So as of now the Crucible still has bugged Legendary drop rates, correct?

I want a Year 2 Party Crasher and yet I've seen maybe 2 drop since TTK launched.

Jafku

310 Harrowed Anguish of Drystan
300 Anguish of Drystan
304 Darkhollow Chiton
310 Harrowed Darkhollow Treads.
Thanks for nothing Oryx.
Good runs everybody thanks for the invite

Mupod

The rolls from this week were utter trash, so picking up a new package in hopes to get a better roll for next weeks arms day.

that thing is garbage though. I guess because they adjust the bullet damage to compensate for the fourth shot.

Not my rewards but LOL

CSsBjktWIAA4ZsD.png:large

Kyoufu

Thorn had a loooooong range in 1.0 - it was ridiculous.

Bungie has shown that they're incapable of balancing weapon types. All they do is destroy.

Look at Auto Rifles, Fusion Rifles and Hand Cannons. ARs were dead for months. FRs have been dead for almost a year and HCs were the recent casualty.

ich00

hey guys, sorry about the lack of comm's today - kinezo, deafmedal, drizzay, gibbshift, and johnofmars (gutz, i didn't think you were interested in maybe raiding tonight, sorry if i was incorrect) - halloween festivities took a lot more effort than i anticipated, lol, and my kids didn't get to bed until a half hour ago.
i'm hoping that maybe tomorrow night, we can run another KF from totems, or fresh?
priority will be given to prior FT members, but if anyone wants in, i'll include you as alts

10pm EDT, if that works?

1. rasengan1337

Alt1
Alt2
Alt3
Alt4

I'll join you if you have room or be an alt, I can bring my Titan or hunter. Both 305+. Ichabod00

There's that, yup. I may give in and try a hawksaw as well

Fahlco

Neo Member

10pm EDT, if that works?

1. rasengan1337

Alt1
Alt2
Alt3
Alt4

I can post holy shit. I'll also join.

Anyone interested in HM Daughters+Oryx? 311 Hunter but haven't done HM oryx yet.

I quit out of the group yesterday at the exotic chest as I was out of time, so my checkpoint might be just after golgoroth.

ocean

Banned
Fun little detail:

We went from having multiple guys stream PvP basically daily during the good old days when it was fun (Warbulletproof, Poshy, Gabe, Wish, Nerd, General M) to basically beat silence.

My mostly empty "following" list on Twitch outside of Trials streamers like Nghtly is a perfect symbol for the state of the game (meaning not worth playing)

Fun little detail:

We went from having multiple guys stream PvP basically daily during the good old days when it was fun (Warbulletproof, Poshy, Gabe, Wish, Nerd, General M) to basically beat silence.

My mostly empty "following" list on Twitch outside of Trials streamers like Nghtly is a perfect symbol for the state of the game (meaning not worth playing)

Yeah.

Before it was fun doing ToO. Like, at times it wasn't challenging, but most of the times it was. The people who did ToO had a tendency to be pretty good players.

Between the lag and this whole 'skill matching' though, it's just...the thought of doing the current ToO makes me anxious

ocean

Banned
Yeah.

Before it was fun doing ToO. Like, at times it wasn't challenging, but most of the times it was. The people who did ToO had a tendency to be pretty good players.

Between the lag and this whole 'skill matching' though, it's just...the thought of doing the current ToO makes me anxious
I'm Halloween drunk and can't contain how salty I am

My KD has gone from 1.4 to 1.1

I quit playing daily

Zoba has a bet not to mention it so I will: nerfing TLW = nerf fun, nerf the game, nerf everything. I'd give up my account and start over if I c go back to fun aggressive PvP

Frenden

Banned
One of the easiest go-to's for defending Destiny used to be, "Well, at least the shooting is AMAZING." With ARs still feeling bad after their first nerf--and even their rebuff--and HCs being relegated to the trash heap, that defense isn't as easy to trot out.

"If, uh, you use pulse rifles, the game feels okay, I guess."

the_id

Hi everyone, anyone for normal mode kings fall?

I've got two more spots. Want to take a friend who has never done one.

ocean

Banned
It's 5am and I have a bottle of jager on me

Any 2 bad PvP players wanna run a losing trials card to work on bounties? Lol imagine not but worth a try

A_javierp on PSN. Fun conversation and hella avg skill guaranteed no donations required

Top Bottom