• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

We should have beat that team both games but 2 rounds went against us for the dumbest reasons both times. Can't believe we let them slip away but that's Trials for you. Trials MM is such garbage, match against the same boring ass sweaty team twice in a row that just waits out the cap point each round for their hammers.

GGs to you and Hammon as always. We'll get Mercury hype next time. I want to do another card to get the bad taste out of my mouth but nobody is around...

lol

edit: Got a Hawksaw from a blue engram... with the worst imaginable rolls. Icarus pls ;_;

I'd have loved to but I've got an early-ish birthday party to attend so I need my wits about me to be around a bunch of 6 year olds for a couple of hours. It's always terrible when you go down to scrubby tactics, but that OT loss was about as bad as it gets, I'll probably be around the same bat time for the next couple nights, running my Titan exclusively of course heh

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I went to mercury on my first attempt this week and got the scout. Love the Firebase Delphi map.

I think I have the pulse, handcannon and scout now. No motivation to play Trials or Destiny :(

I'm always watching, silently yes, but watching nonetheless.

haha now I know better...

Is it just me or are the X1 black Friday deals sucky so far? Just looked in the Best Buy mailer that came today and it was $400 for a 1TB X1 with Gears, Ori, Rare Replay, and another game of your choice (i.e. Halo 5). I don't want all that other crap though, just a 500GB X1 with H5 for $300 which apparently doesn't exist.

That's what I told him, but he hasn't done any nfs this week. I invited him to join me and another friend.

I always hear these stories but then people realize later that they did one and forgot about it. I mean NF loot is bad but I've never seen that happen for real. I would think after running NF 3x per week (or more) for over a year I would've seen it happen to one person or myself but who knows. Anything is possible I guess.

Deku Tree

Is it just me or are the X1 black Friday deals sucky so far? Just looked in the Best Buy mailer that came today and it was $400 for a 1TB X1 with Gears, Ori, Rare Replay, and another game of your choice (i.e. Halo 5). I don't want all that other crap though, just a 500GB X1 with H5 for $300 which apparently doesn't exist.

I always hear these stories but then people realize later that they did one and forgot about it. I mean NF loot is bad but I've never seen that happen for real. I would think after running NF 3x per week (or more) for over a year I would've seen it happen to one person or myself but who knows. Anything is possible I guess.

This is the BF deals roundup

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1140416

Yeah that's exactly what I told him, but he stopped running nightfall 2 weeks ago and only joins in if someone asks him to help out. His titan got a 310 drop but hunter only got a strange coin.

I'm helping a newbie friend with his first nightfall, one spot if anyone wants to join.

Psn: ruthlesbarbarian

bitsurugi

Did a quick search on Bungie.net ... Child has done NF on nov10th, mystery solved :p

(the loot still sux tho :D)

^ lol Detective Bits is on the case! Nice work sir. I mean it happens every time. It's like people who used to claim you could get exotics from Templar and we'd have to play along but really we know it dropped from Gorgons chest.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Yeah those X1 deals are super meh, disappointing.

Although the $10 for 3 months of PS+ and $40 DualShock4s from Walmart are legit. I'll hit that up for sure.

Biggy

We should have beat that team both games but 2 rounds went against us for the dumbest reasons both times. Can't believe we let them slip away but that's Trials for you. Trials MM is such garbage, match against the same boring ass sweaty team twice in a row that just waits out the cap point each round for their hammers.

GGs to you and Hammon as always. We'll get Mercury hype next time. I want to do another card to get the bad taste out of my mouth but nobody is around...

lol

edit: Got a Hawksaw from a blue engram... with the worst imaginable rolls. Icarus pls ;_;
Nvm, you've found a team.

Nah Ruth, I'm fine lol. A shitty 300 machine gun, not like I was expecting anything better. There's just no point.

I was just running it for a chance at the titan gauntlets. 4 nightfalls and zero legendary drops for any of us from boss.

I guess we have to kill valus ma'ul last for a chance at the gloves.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Anyone doing kings fall normal? My buddy and I are looking to join one. So looking for space for 2.

Message my ps4 ID:Sparkxps or on here.

Assuming no one wants to do HM Oryx, I'd be down for a NM raid, I need it for the artifact quest anyway.

Thanks for letting me tag along for the raid! Hopefully most of the carrying was just you guys explaining things and waiting for me to finish jump puzzles. Really fun time. I'll be on around 7 EST looking for a group to finish oryx NM with or hopefully finishing with the same group.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I was just running it for a chance at the titan gauntlets. 4 nightfalls and zero legendary drops for any of us from boss.

I guess we have to kill valus ma'ul last for a chance at the gloves.
Oh yeah I forgot we can farm the NF. Yes, you have to kill the first guy last.

Did my first Hard King's Fall last night.

314 Machine Gun
310 Boots

Took me from 307 to 308 light. We made it to Oryx pretty quick. Golgi went down first try, but we kept screwing up at Oryx. We were doing to regular strategy and doing okay, just could not do it the needed 4 times.

I was runner, and it's so much less stressful than holding a platform, shooting Ogres and knight. Only tricky part is after grabbing the relic and surviving the adds until the Vessel knight spawns. Sometimes there acolyte eyes everywhere or Cabal Centurian balls just waiting to one shot you.

Not a bad run overall. Thanks for inviting me, LT. Maybe I can find another run for Oryx before reset.

E92 M3

Did my first Hard King's Fall last night.

314 Machine Gun
310 Boots

Took me from 307 to 308 light. We made it to Oryx pretty quick. Golgi went down first try, but we kept screwing up at Oryx. We were doing to regular strategy and doing okay, just could not do it the needed 4 times.

I was runner, and it's so much less stressful than holding a platform, shooting Ogres and knight. Only tricky part is after grabbing the relic and surviving the adds until the Vessel knight spawns. Sometimes there acolyte eyes everywhere or Cabal Centurian balls just waiting to one shot you.

Not a bad run overall. Thanks for inviting me, LT. Maybe I can find another run for Oryx before reset.

Did you guys kill adds before running out? And when I am on platform I make sure to snipe any acoloyte eye that I see.

Unstable

You'll back to Destiny with the passion of 1000 Russians once a major update hits :p
Of course, I still love Destiny. I do the PvE content every week. PvP just isn't doing it for me though. It'll take a lot more than a major update to get me to care about it.

LTWood12

Did you guys kill adds before running out? And when I am on platform I make sure to snipe any acoloyte eye that I see.

For sure. Someone would just always die too early in the run so we'd be left w/ 5 and only on the second cycle. Running to the wrong spot, staying on their platform too long, etc. Could tell pretty early on it wasn't going to happen, bu you don't really want to say that and be discouraging

Deku Tree

For sure. Someone would just always die too early in the run so we'd be left w/ 5 and only on the second cycle. Running to the wrong spot, staying on their platform too long, etc. Could tell pretty early on it wasn't going to happen, bu you don't really want to say that and be discouraging

No knights or kill the Knights?

Unstable

Has your condition stabilized?

It's still volatile.

Some could even say it is...

UNSTABLE

Heyo! I'll be here all week... Actually I'll probably just be here Tuesday. 1:00AM - 7:00AM* to be exact.

*times are estimates only. Variable depending on amount of scrub.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Thought I was the only one to run across odd strats in Trials this weekend but now I see Drizz and co. Found them too, lol.

Trials reminds me more of Street Fighter every match.

Youve got people throwing plasma to control space, you got rushdown (shotgun teams), hard knockdowns and meaty (orbs and rezzing) and now weve got players laming it out and using the clock. Gaha

You should have said something. :p

For failing to get the kill it was still fun.

No knights or kill the Knights?

Kill the knights. We kept doing just well enough to believe it was possible, especially for having two lower light guys like me (307/308).

Namikaze1

So DGAF, tell me plz how is FO4?
Gunplay isn't as good as Destiny's (nothing I played this year that has gunplay is as good as Destiny's). World is similar in size to Skyrim but with less mountains (thank god). Frame rate issues on consoles. Typical Bethesda jankiness, glitches, bugs, dialogue, etc.

But even with all its problems, I've been enjoying my time exploring the Commonwealth. I got my money's worth so far. But I suggest waiting for a price drop and for Bethesda to patch some things on the consoles side if you're picking up a copy for a console. PC of course has the advantage of mods.

It's an 8 even with all its problems to me. Still isn't going to dethrone Bloodborne as my GOTY. Nothing will.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

It's basically just like 3 and New Vegas. If you liked them, you'll love it. Just wish it looked better but you have to make sacrifices with an open world game like it. I can only imagine an open world game looking like Crysis 3 at it's best on PC. It's going to take another generation to get to that point. Playing on PC is the way to go. 60fps+ and enhancement mods. Makes a huge difference to me.

E92 M3

Of course, I still love Destiny. I do the PvE content every week. PvP just isn't doing it for me though. It'll take a lot more than a major update to get me to care about it.

PVP is like Powerstone for me. Not balanced or super competitive, but so much fun. It must be Destiny's sublime gunplay keeping me in.

Ah yes, one of those runs. We've all been there.

Its pretty good. I mean, its janky like any bethesda game. But the gameplay is realized. The shooting is much better than previous Fallouts. The weapon customization is pretty dang great. They did some great stuff with the power armor. Theres also building of sorts, you can build your own base with people.

If you like Bethesda games, its a must.

Jabronium

Is this possible to solo? Started it up last night and it immediately loaded up solo, but the first area at least was pretty straightforward.

If this is the Undying Mind for ToM, yes, it is possible to solo. Just need to be fast on the mob you need to kill at the end, otherwise the rest of the Vex will massacre it.

Did a quick search on Bungie.net ... Child has done NF on nov10th, mystery solved :p

(the loot still sux tho :D)
Damn!! I still don't remember doing it. :/
How bad was the loot that I don't even remember it. Just checked my history, I think I was helping someone on gaf. Stats point to me joining late. So weird.... I used to remember the loot drop of each of my nightfalls for the week in year one. Now, I have trouble remembering if I even ran it. Goes to show how inconsequential nightfall has become these days.

Top Bottom