• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Good runs guys.

Take no prisoners.

jkjkjk.gif

Now I just need Mercury x2 with the pros.

Lol. I'll be up for more later if you're on. I need to be an adult and run errands now.

Thanks for the fun ticket. Shame about no Beetle emblem. We were 11-0 at one point.

How do you get that damn Scarab emblem??? Me wicked and Rubenov got to 14-15 and 0 but never saw it. I've heard it can drop from Gold packages maybe? Bah.

I've also never seen the new flawless Trials ship or two shaders that are in the kiosks.

How do you get that damn Scarab emblem??? Me wicked and Rubenov got to 14-15 and 0 but never saw it. I've heard it can drop from Gold packages maybe? Bah.

I've also never seen the new flawless Trials ship or two shaders that are in the kiosks.

EJ got it on his tenth win but we went 11-0 before we had two losses in a row (to the same team.)

Haven't seen proof it can drop from Gold but I've heard that as well.

Teabagging used as a psychological tool is very effective. Personally, always crack up if someone tbags me.

Getting mad means they won.

Not always true. Me getting mad means I focus and play better then stomp them into the ground and tbag the bejesus out of them when we win. To each their own.

Are there people still doing Trials carries here? I'd like to see the lighthouse and get some of the loot once. I've gotten wrecked enough otherwise to know it's not happening any other way, lol.

I'm always down to help but rarely have another helper, unless Twilight decides to play this week. Otherwise Wicked and Rubenov are the only folks I know but they're also always busy. Have you never been to Mercury? Usually first timers get priority. I'll throw up a post if I actually have a chance to help later today.

Edit:

EJ got it on his tenth win but we went 11-0 before we had two losses in a row (to the same team.)

Haven't seen proof it can drop from Gold but I've heard that as well.

But does anyone know if it's actually related to winning more on a 9-0 ticket or was that just a coincidence? Has anyone gotten it just as a normal end of game drop like all the other emblems? I don't think the kiosk description says anything unique but it is to the right of the flawless emblem, after all the other emblems.

Any lighthouse carries going on? I want the emblem so I can not use it.

I'm having severe flashbacks to Skolas Schools for that Year 1 emblem that nobody uses anymore, lol.

E92 M3

Not always true. Me getting mad means I focus and play better then stomp them into the ground and tbag the bejesus out of them when we win. To each their own.

I'm always down to help but rarely have another helper, unless Twilight decides to play this week. Otherwise Wicked and Rubenov are the only folks I know but they're also always busy. Have you never been to Mercury? Usually first timers get priority. I'll throw up a post if I actually have a chance to help later today.

That works just as well ;)

Ohh! I'd be a firsttimer. I've never got there. Would love to at some point, just to see how it works. In fairness I could probably Youtube it.

Number45

Uh, completed the strike and it didn't advance the quest. Guess there's something else I need to do in there...

Edit: oh, missed the mob spawn :-(

Edit:

But does anyone know if it's actually related to winning more on a 9-0 ticket or was that just a coincidence? Has anyone gotten it just as a normal end of game drop like all the other emblems? I don't think the kiosk description says anything unique but it is to the right of the flawless emblem, after all the other emblems.

I'm having severe flashbacks to Skolas Schools for that Year 1 emblem that nobody uses anymore, lol.
It's all anecdotal but the only people on Reddit who claim to have gotten it have had over nine wins. And the one douche who claimed he got it out of a gold.

Shiv47

Edit:

Nope, never been. Only been doing TTK trials for the bounties, and never tried before that.

Uh, completed the strike and it didn't advance the quest. Guess there's something else I need to do in there...

Gotta kill the Taken Knight that spawns from the right side door when the boss' health gets below ~50%

Edit: the goal for these quest steps is just to kill the special enemy spawn, you don't have to finish the strike or the Fears Embrace mission.

Number45

Gotta kill the Taken Knight that spawns from the right side door when the boss' health gets below ~50%

Edit: the goal for these quest steps is just to kill the special enemy spawn, you don't have to finish the strike or the Fears Embrace mission.
Yeah, figured that out now. Do I just need to kill him, or do I need to loot?

Got it at 10-0 as an end game drop, not from a package. Don't know if it's related to flawless or more wins, I feel like I hit the jackpot.

Got it at 10-0 as an end game drop, not from a package. Don't know if it's related to flawless or more wins, I feel like I hit the jackpot.
Saw someone with the Mind Bleacher today. Apparently it's a weekly drop. I've been trying to get Kingspyre or a good Party Crasher but I just keep getting stacks of strange coins and scout rifles with Icarus. Yes, you won the destiny lottery.

Saw someone with the Mind Bleacher today. Apparently it's a weekly drop. I've been trying to get Kingspyre or a good Party Crasher but I just keep getting stacks of strange coins and scout rifles with Icarus. Yes, you won the destiny lottery.

Lol I'd like to think that it was RNGesus' way of trying to keep me onboard. Sadly it didn't work. Haven't played Destiny the last 2 weeks.

elguero

Went 8-1 three times last night :( The step up in competition in last match matchmaking is too much for me to handle. Getting naded out before I even see a red blip on my radar. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky and the other team will DC during my ninth match

Edit:

The age of Skolas was a very dark time. I'd rather not have anything to do than do Prison of Elders.

Boguester, I flicked a message to _mantis_ about connection quality in Trials and got a reply:

https://twitter.com/Inthrall/status/665986188717658112

Let me translate that for you:

"I design the game but don't actually play it for any appreciable amount of time or at any meaningful skill level."

I'm sorry but that's straight up nonsense. I should save videos of all the laggy assholes I match on 7-0 and 8-0 cards. It's frustrating how disconnected they are from the player base at times.

Edit: but thanks to you for reaching out to him and for giving me the heads up! And thanks to him for answering the question even though I don't agree with/believe the answer!

GutZ31

"I design the game but don't actually play it for any appreciable amount of time or at any meaningful skill level."

I'm sorry but that's straight up nonsense. I should save videos of all the laggy assholes I match on 7-0 and 8-0 cards. It's frustrating how disconnected they are from the player base at times.

Edit: but thanks to you for reaching out to him and for giving me the heads up! And thanks to him for answering the question even though I don't agree with/believe the answer!

I would have to agree.

There is no way he should be able to say that with a straight face if he plays trials regularly, or even casually.

When I play for bounties, I get laggers.
They don't always show as red bars when we are matched, but low and behold, when we get in game, guess what they are?
When I play for Flawless, same thing.

I would have to agree.

There is no way he should be able to say that with a straight face if he plays trials regularly, or even casually.

When I play for bounties, I get laggers.
They don't always show as red bars when we are matched, but low and behold, when we get in game, guess what they are?
When I play for Flawless, same thing.

Yeah, no way hes telling the truth ._.

Lol, all true unfortunately. They're so disconnected from the real player base its unreal, on Friday he put up a tweet saying Goth and crew have just made it to the lighthouse, he was carried by Krafty :d All they care about is the happy clappy destiny community of streamers

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/665249551691878400

GutZ31

Yeah, no way hes telling the truth ._.

I wish they would just fucking come out and say;
Yeah, this shit is fucked yo. We are going to be using dedicated servers for Trials, now that people are spending crazy money on stupid dances and masks.

Seriously, why didn't they have dedicated servers for Trials to begin with?
If it's too much of an expense to have it every week on dedicated servers, then do it every fortnight(2 weeks).

Mupod

I literally just lost a match because some guy was red bar-ing for the entire match and was able to endlessly revive while eating shotgun blasts. Watched him teleport around through walls while I was dead.

Speaking of which, we need 1 for trials bounties.

Ohh! I'd be a firsttimer. I've never got there. Would love to at some point, just to see how it works. In fairness I could probably Youtube it.

Nope, never been. Only been doing TTK trials for the bounties, and never tried before that.

Okie doke, I'll keep you guys in mind if you can't get a ticket on the Wickenov Express.

o/

All done, although he appeared long before the boss hit 50% so there must be a time element as well.

That 50% number was super loose speculation. Honestly I think he spawns at a much higher boss HP threshold so that wouldn't surprise me at all. It could definitely have a time component as well but all the other similar quests are purely based on boss health triggers (Phoggoth Thorn, Fears Embrace Shade).

NastyBook

This man has a SINGLE monitor dedicated to DIM. That's...that's something. When you see shit like that, it makes streaming professionally seem not worth it.

Mupod

at this point I'll probably just keep doing trials and hope for the best. I already feel like I'm getting better very quickly but at the same time I get much angrier at myself and the game whenever stupid crap happens. I'd like to reach mercury before Xenoblade comes out but probably won't happen this weekend.

So for now, just doing bounties. Still looking for 1.

Top Bottom