• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Lol, all true unfortunately. They're so disconnected from the real player base its unreal, on Friday he put up a tweet saying Goth and crew have just made it to the lighthouse, he was carried by Krafty :d All they care about is the happy clappy destiny community of streamers

https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/665249551691878400

I really enjoy Goth trying to defend the fact that he wasn't carried by Krafty in the comments of that tweet. "I was top of the scoreboard a couple times!" Aka he probably went 6-2 for a 3.0 when Krafty went 12-5 and made all the plays that mattered, lol.

Krafty got a Spare Change to drop today with Counterbalance and Braced Frame. Does 39 to the head, 2 burst kills. It's a legit Year 2 Messenger, smh. Wrecks faces so hard, I'm mad jelly.

This man has a SINGLE monitor dedicated to DIM. That's...that's something. When you see shit like that, it makes streaming professionally seem not worth it.

What do you mean? The amount of donations he receives is evidently enough to allow him to have a setup of this magnitude while also supporting his family. I doubt he paid for much of this setup with money that wasn't from twitch.

Mupod

I really enjoy Goth trying to defend the fact that he wasn't carried by Krafty in the comments of that tweet. "I was top of the scoreboard a couple times!" Aka he probably went 6-2 for a 3.0 when Krafty went 12-5 and made all the plays that mattered, lol.

Krafty got a Spare Change to drop today with Counterbalance and Braced Frame. Does 39 to the head, 2 burst kills. It's a legit Year 2 Messenger, smh. Wrecks faces so hard, I'm mad jelly.

I've been buying primary engrams for weeks trying to find one of those. I have so many down and doubts and dealbreakers.

But yeah that's my favorite gun type and it's annoying that I can't find an equivalent.

Kyoufu

This man has a SINGLE monitor dedicated to DIM. That's...that's something. When you see shit like that, it makes streaming professionally seem not worth it.

Eh? All that was paid for by donations and Twitch partner money. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

NastyBook

Eh? All that was paid for by donations and Twitch partner money. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.
Just seems like too much for just one game. I know he got it from the donations and subs and the like, but it doesn't look like it's worth it to me.

I've been buying primary engrams for weeks trying to find one of those. I have so many down and doubts and dealbreakers.

But yeah that's my favorite gun type and it's annoying that I can't find an equivalent.

I don't think you can get a spare change from an engram

it's a straight crucible drop or from Shaxx bounties

Spare change only drops as a reward from Crucible matches. (Edit yeah and weekly rewards but that has a huge loot pool so odds are razor thin)

Except Crucible weapon drop rates have been bugged since TTK launched and are practically nonexistent.

So basically you need God-tier luck to even see a SChange drop then double God luck to get one with a worthwhile roll. Counterbalance is a requirement. I've played upwards of 700 matches in TTK and I've seen one total Spare change drop, for someone else of course.

Edit: Hawksaw is the only primary worth a damn from engrams and odds are minuscule to get a good one. That's what I do w my Marks anyways though, nothing else to spend them on.

Kyoufu

Just seems like too much for just one game. I know he got it from the donations and subs and the like, but it doesn't look like it's worth it to me.

Well yeah, it is too much, but when you make more money than you know what to do with it all you're bound to buy excess fluff.

I assume I'd need to message one of those guys on PSN to ask for help, assuming they're available?

Yep, that's the best way to do it. At least get on their radar, although they've always got a full dance card so try to be patient.

Sadly DGAF only has 3 people interested in doing a lot of carries currently. We could really boost the number of trips with one more person but it's a very limited potential pool that have the interest, ability and time. Weekly player pool looking for help is obviously much much larger.

Sent you a FR, so even if you are looking for an extra, I'm not too bad.

Yeah sounds good! I'm down to play w whoever, ultimately it will depend on our luck w quality of teams we MM. I just know that realistically we should have two experienced players along to maximize Mercury chances.

Ghazi

Anyone want to make a lighthouse run?

Gothalion makes A LOT of money streaming, if it's worth it to him he can afford it and still be fine.

Mupod

Guess nobody wants to run trials? I'll try and make a group later tonight then after dinner and such.

Spare change only drops as a reward from Crucible matches. (Edit yeah and weekly rewards but that has a huge loot pool so odds are razor thin)

Except Crucible weapon drop rates have been bugged since TTK launched and are practically nonexistent.

So basically you need God-tier luck to even see a SChange drop then double God luck to get one with a worthwhile roll. Counterbalance is a requirement. I've played upwards of 700 matches in TTK and I've seen one total Spare change drop, for someone else of course.

Edit: Hawksaw is the only primary worth a damn from engrams and odds are minuscule to get a good one. That's what I do w my Marks anyways though, nothing else to spend them on.

Ah. Well I'm also buying 'em to try for hawksaws or exotics for infusion material so it's not like it was a huge waste.

But yeah, before TTK I had more spare change than I could find if I turned my couch upside down. Thing dropped constantly. And now I want one and shit doesn't exist. Would be great if that 'bug' gets fixed before next week's IB.

Still kicking myself for not being able to stream back in the alpha/beta days. My internet was crap then, and then i moved right when HoW came out and traded perfect streaming conditions for a few extra MB of bandwidth. ugh

Mupod

spend an hour trying to recruit 1 person for trials, give up, immediately people start asking/joining for trials.

8qOudco.jpg

LTWood12

spend an hour trying to recruit 1 person for trials, give up, immediately people start asking/joining for trials.

8qOudco.jpg

Thanks for playing with me today. Sorry I totally shit the bed. You're getting pretty damn good at the pvp stuff. You should just really focus on your invincibility and teleportation to get to the top of the leaderboards.

Mupod

Thanks for playing with me today. Sorry I totally shit the bed. You're getting pretty damn good at the pvp stuff. You should just really focus on your invincibility and teleportation to get to the top of the leaderboards.

I think what I really need to focus on is my ping. If I can get it over 1000, I feel like I'd really start to become a truly great Destiny player.

deadduck

I've had 3 spare changes in TKK, all garbage.

Hoping for a good PDX roll, but I miss high impact pulses. Hopscotch RIP

I missed IB last time, gonna be on most week nights this week (UK time) win or lose, let's get some trains going!

Afrocious

Ok. Finally I can get on Destiny. This weekend has too much fun going on lol.

Down for trials, hm raiding, and nightfalls.

I'll even hop online right now. Could stream if I can get Spotify on PS4 to play music while streaming

I'll even hop online right now. Could stream if I can get Spotify on PS4 to play music while streaming

Sadly the Spotify app doesn't stream out to viewers on PS4. Gotta get yourself a capture card for that.

Afrocious

I failed the CPR exam so I'm unable to resuscitate this thread, but I'm about to work on crucible bounties if anyone wants in.

Would rather do trials, but I'm under the impression everyone and their mom has either gone to Mercury or is playing F4

I can do nightfall(s), just looking for the titan gloves so would like to kill Valus Ma'aul last if that's okay.

Mupod

I failed the CPR exam so I'm unable to resuscitate this thread, but I'm about to work on crucible bounties if anyone wants in.

Would rather do trials, but I'm under the impression everyone and their mom has either gone to Mercury or is playing F4

I just finished dinner so I can join you until we find a third.

I remember Goth having to enlist the help of Krafty when Trials 2.0 dropped just to get to the lighthouse.

That's an absurd drop. I want it.

Top Bottom