• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Had only 1 Defender encounter in all of our Trials matches yesterday.

We killed his two teammates, he panicked and put a bubble in the middle of the courtyard. Then he had three guns aimed at him from all sides, and you could feel the panic coming from within the bubble. Guy didn't know what to do. It was hilarious.

Imagine if he had a hammer, bless him.

Bogeypop

Getting the Silver and Gold bounties last night while drunk was fun.

Also showed me just how easy the bounties are. Anyone wanna get their packages? Zero expectation run, should take about an hour to do every bounty :)

No matter your skill level (seriously it doesn't matter at all), let me know if you wanna scrub up some Trials for the loot :)

Sure, let's do it. Could use some more Passage Coins and a chance at the Hunter Cloak.

ocean

Banned
Sure, let's do it. Could use some more Passage Coins and a chance at the Hunter Cloak.
Beautiful.

We're looking for one more person of any skill level for a casual Trials card - zero win expectations at all :) we'll get the bounties done regardless.

A_javierp on PSN!

Also showed me just how easy the bounties are. Anyone wanna get their packages? Zero expectation run, should take about an hour to do every bounty :)

No matter your skill level (seriously it doesn't matter at all), let me know if you wanna scrub up some Trials for the loot :)

I'm in, if there is a spot

dreday

Neo Member

I'll join if you have room

Psn iiidredayiii

E92 M3

The problem is you guys take the crucible too seriously when Lars himself said it shouldn't. I never want to see Destiny become Halo with longer TTK and a ranking system. That'll just too much pressure and I wouldn't be able to play solo. Destiny is its own thing. There are plenty if other fps that are ultra competitive. By keeping it slightly more casual, Bungie is retaining the population. Just how CoD does it. And for an MMO population is everything. I don't mind if noobs feel like they are master snipers as long as the they keep playing. We the hardcore are a very small minority.

Secondly, everyone should know by now that asking Bungie to nerf something is essentially going to get it ruined. Just look at what the bitching did to hand cannons lol.

The problem is you guys take the crucible too seriously when Lars himself said it shouldn't. I never want to see Destiny become Halo with longer TTK and a ranking system. That'll just too much pressure and I wouldn't be able to play solo. Destiny is its own thing. There are plenty if other fps that are ultra competitive. By keeping it slightly more casual, Bungie is retaining the population. Just how CoD does it. And for an MMO population is everything. I don't mind if noobs feel like they are master snipers as long as the they keep playing. We the hardcore are a very small minority.

Secondly, everyone should know by now that asking Bungie to nerf something is essentially going to get it ruined. Just look at what the bitching did to hand cannons lol.

QFT

Sure, but the problem is, once you have rewards tied behind an ultra competitive PvP mode then it's hard not to take it seriously. The changes with the bounties are great for ToO. The MM are terrible. I went flawless twice yesterday and hated it. Problem is, I want those shaders, ghost, and emblem.

I only wanted Thorn removed from the game. Nothing major.

There's nothing worse than Thorn/Matador meta.

Nothing.

Thorn was so cheap. Besides the obnoxious visual effect on their screen you could double tap and run away for a guaranteed kill. Good riddance.
Reading up on my comments I can't take anyone who says the old meta was good seriously. You think pulse rifle takes no skill? How about getting hit by 2 thorn from a coward half a mile away then an arc bolt/burn grenade. Or how about getting one hit ko'd by a fucking Felwinters/Matador from freaking orbit? The old meta was horseshit and I'm tired of these rose tinted glasses. Old meta took no skill to do good in. I just wish The Last Word wasn't nerf so no one would cry. God, I get pisssed thinking of the nonsense that occurred in year 1.

TyrantII

A Primary weapon with a 100% Proc rate DOT that puts an obnoxious screen effect and sound effect has to be the dumbest decision in any FPS.

Giving it the range and accuracy to compete with a sniper was icing on a poop cake.

I've never had an issue with hand cannons rivaling snipers, but there really should be zero aim assist on them. None. You headshot a sniper across the map, it should be because you dialed in on that pixel target.

They should be precision tools for those with the ability to aim them true.

Thorn/TLW meta was broken though. It's really only those two that needed to be debuffed.

ocean

Banned
Reading up on my comments I can't take anyone who says the old meta was good seriously. You think pulse rifle takes no skill? How about getting hit by 2 thorn from a coward half a mile away then an arc bolt/burn grenade. Or how about getting one hit ko'd by a a fucking Felwinters/Matador from half a mile away? The old meta was horseshit and I'm tired of these rose tinted glasses. Old meta took no skill to do good in. I just wish The Last Word wasn't need so no one would cry. God I get pisssed thinking of the nonsense that occurred in year 1.
I think it's fair to accept there's room for different preferences no?

I literally can't even conceive how people find this pulse meta even remotely fun. Like I didn't think it was even theoretically possible to enjoy this game without hand cannons, but some people do. I'll respect that even if I don't understand it.

But don't chalk up preferences to rose tinted glasses.

E92 M3

Sure, but the problem is, once you have rewards tied behind an ultra competitive PvP mode then it's hard not to take it seriously. The changes with the bounties are great for ToO. The MM are terrible. I went flawless twice yesterday and hated it. Problem is, I want those shaders, ghost, and emblem.

Connection should always be first priority.

I only wanted Thorn removed from the game. Nothing major.

Thorn needed to be addressed, but Bungie doesn't know how to be subtle with nerfs. Because PVP and PVE are not separated, I don't even bother asking for nerfs anymore.

Anyone know is there a crucible mode without Bungies noob radar where everyone is on the radar at all times?

Or is literally every mode scrub friendly.

Trakan

No, lol. I agree that pulse rifles are kinda OP right now, but Y1 was straight broken. TLW/Thorn kill times were insane, and they turned bad players into good players.

I literally can't even conceive how people find this pulse meta even remotely fun. Like I didn't think it was even theoretically possible to enjoy this game without hand cannons, but some people do. I'll respect that even if I don't understand it.

So because pulse rifles are not fun we should go back to the ridiculously broken pvp of yonder? I'm arguing that the people are saying the old meta was better miss it because of the op perks that would proc on guns. The only hand cannon that is fun to use is The Last Word. You can still use the Last Word (only hand cannon that takes skill to use) or the Hawkmoon. All of the great players still use it. You won't get killed by the biggest bullshit to ever exist which are shotguns from a ridiculous range. Like I don't understand why you prefer the old meta.

ocean

Banned
Anyone know is there a crucible mode without Bungies noob radar where everyone is on the radar at all times?

Or is literally every mode scrub friendly.
When you open up the Crucible playlist screen, check the top right and top left. Those are the weekly rotating playlists. You'll often find some called Inferno Clash/Skirmish or whatever. In Inferno there's no radar, way less heavy, objectives are capped more quickly and scoring is simplified.

todd360

Lars can say whatever he wants. The day they released trials was the day they forced pvp to be hardcore. Its a game mode that askes you to win 9 matches without losing for rewards. Name one online shooter that is more hardcore than that. I can't think of any. They should embrace this. The game is super popular on twitch because of trials. Not being able to lose adds drama and makes it more appealing to watch people struggling against top tier competition. Destiny pvp is as hardcore as it gets. *heavy metal plays in the distance*

E92 M3

I've never had an issue with hand cannons rivaling snipers, but there really should be zero aim assist on them. None. You headshot a sniper across the map, it should be because you dialed in on that pixel target.

They should be precision tools for those with the ability to aim them true.

Thorn/TLW meta was broken though. It's really only those two that needed to be debuffed.

If you read what I wrote earlier, you would see how Bungie's number 1 concern is to retain their population. There are other shooters for people to stroke their sniping ego. Bungie knows that making weapons for the ultra hardcore will drive more away than bring in.

Anecdotally most people still use shotguns and aren't that great with sniping. I don't have an issue if a new player picks up the gun and gets a few lucky headshots. That will keep him playing.

No one here wants to see Destiny become a barren wasteland like MCC where only the hardcore play. For this game to keep growing, Bungie must absolutely embrace the casual audience and at the same time provide end-game rewards for the hardcore like us. I've noticed that a lot of people want changes because it bothers them. Yeah, shit pisses me off in crucible but most time I suck it up because I'm just an individual.

TLW was a skilled based weapon that just needed the glitched damage to be fixed. Due to Thorn, it got butchered. I would deal with the op thorn every day if it meant I can have the old TLW.

I hated Thorn & could never get the hang of TLW. I only enjoyed things when I got my Hopscotch.

I love pulse rifles, so I like that they're strong. That said, it seems dumb that legendary hand cannons got needed because exotic ones were over-performing.

I didn't play much Crucible in Vanilla, but is this the first time a meta has been established that a) isn't focused on Exotics and b) allows for legendaries of all archetypes? Grasp of Malok low impact is lethal as is Spare Change's 2 burst.

When you open up the Crucible playlist screen, check the top right and top left. Those are the weekly rotating playlists. You'll often find some called Inferno Clash/Skirmish or whatever. In Inferno there's no radar, way less heavy, objectives are capped more quickly and scoring is simplified.
That's useful info thank you.

ocean

Banned
No, lol. I agree that pulse rifles are kinda OP right now, but Y1 was straight broken. TLW/Thorn kill times were insane, and they turned bad players into good players.
So there isn't room for preferences. Lol Guess nothing more to discuss here, these guys got it all figured out.

E92 M3

Lars can say whatever he wants. The day they released trials was the day they forced pvp to be hardcore. Its a game mode that askes you to win 9 matches without losing for rewards. Name one online shooter that is more hardcore than that. I can't think of any. They should embrace this. The game is super popular on twitch because of trials. Not being able to lose adds drama and makes it more appealing to watch people struggling against top tier competition. Destiny pvp is as hardcore as it gets. *heavy metal plays in the distance*

Yeah trials is an end game activity for people that play PVP. Bungie is smart by making the reward PVP centric. Secondly, a good player would adapt no matter what the meta is. The best are still winning and casuals are having a little more fun.

Though, connection should always be number 1.

Klyka

Banned
Just watched a minute of a stream where some girl said "Look at that guys grimoire score compared to his light! You just know he got carried through everything!"

I have no idea what any of that even has to do with each other.

So I thought Bungie said they would ban people from playing IB and Trials if they had bad connections.

Been playing against a bunch of red bar guys today and they been lagging all over and won matches. You cant just hit them. Have reported a few to Bungie.

Bogeypop

More like Lag of Osiris. If the new matchmaking wasn't bad enough now more than ever you have to combat laggy players. Instead of making the things I like about the game better they seem to be shoveling more dirt on top of the corpse that is my interest in this game.

todd360

Just watched a minute of a stream where some girl said "Look at that guys grimoire score compared to his light! You just know he got carried through everything!"

I have no idea what any of that even has to do with each other.

Carried confirmed. That gurl knows what up.

Yeah trials is an end game activity for people that play PVP. Bungie is smart by making the reward PVP centric. Secondly, a good player would adapt no matter what the meta is. The best are still winning and casuals are having a little more fun.

Though, connection should always be number 1.

Are casuals really having a little more fun? Are there more people playing crucible than there used to be? I'm curious where you're getting this from.

Top Bottom