• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
WTH is going on here. I thought this game was rated teen.

fgytyty.gif
whatever gets the job done... :p

2real4tv

Leave everything to same except make hand cannons and fusion rifles relevant.

I just don't want them to nerf things so bad that it increases duration of trials, the game is already a huge time sink.

Leave everything to same except make hand cannons and fusion rifles relevant.

I just don't want them to nerf things so bad that it increases duration of trials, the game is already a huge time sink.

Pulse rifles need a nerf. It doesn't need to be a nerf to their ttk, just their effectiveness at close and long ranges, and a serious toning down of their stagger.

Luis_23

So kinda odd request these days with hard mode and all, but I have 3 of us trying to beat Oryx on Normal mode but haven't been able to get 3 people together to beat it with. Would really appreciate some quick help, on ps4 btw.

PSN: Panjeet

I'll help once you get a full team.

PSN Felyx

Deku Tree

Kind of weird watching PSN friends run into streamers carrying viewers and watch them get dismantled.

If you watch Krafty's stream he gets rekt all the time, constantly. He's a total pro mode player, best of the best... But he carries two players
scrubs
at a time.

Magik

If you watch Krafty's stream he gets rekt all the time, constantly. He's a total pro mode player, best of the best... But he carries two players
scrubs
at a time.

So I've heard.

I was watching nKuch and Frostie earlier and they picked my friends apart. lol

Just bought a primary engram, first I've ever bought.
Jackpot
AFrClx2.jpg

Perfect Balance
Zen Moment
Smallbore

Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

Good stuff man! I totally forgot about those engrams since before, it wasn't worth it "light" wise but now it's all about perks! Maybe I can finally get another 1kYS or.... is getting Eilene possible or only through Gunsmith?

the_id

I'm oncall tonight but I'm having terrible withdrawals from not playing destiny.
I wish I could do some trials tonight but worry that my phone may go off.

So how's today been for you guys? Productive?

Destiny Sandbox Balance - Never.0
9d3418d2b0f2c924cb9a4ca29ecf6759.png

GOALS:
  • Increase weapon diversity and encourage primary weapon gunplay
  • Emphasize mobility
  • Reward map movement
  • Raise skill ceiling by increasing average Time To Kill

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AIM DOWN SIGHTS:
10% movement speed increase to all class base player traits and 10% less movement speed reduction while ADS

AIRBORNE:
Every weapon retains 100% accuracy after the first jump, and loses 50% accuracy during additional jumps. Icarus perk returns that 50% accuracy back. Pojectiles are subject to momentum and travel time.

HIPFIRE:
First shot is always 100% accurate (except on a Sniper), however every successive shot is less accurate when fired at max rate of fire. Hipfire perk increases accuracy by 50% at max rate of fire.

AIM ASSIST:
Aim assist chart in order from most aim assist to least aim assist. (Low rate of fire and low stability = higher value; High rate of fire and high stability = lower value.)
  • Swords - MAGNETS
  • Sidearms - 80-90%
    [*]Scout Rifles - 70-80%
    [*]Auto Rifles - 60-70%
    [*]Pulse Rifles - 50-60%
    [*]Hand Cannons - 40-50%
  • Fusion Rifles - 30-40%
  • Machine Guns - 20-30%
  • Shotguns - 10-20%
  • Sniper Rifles - 10-20%
  • Rocket Launchers- 0-10%

(NOTE: Values only relative to one another. Each archetype has its own 1-100 scale. e.g. 50% aim assist on a Hand Cannon is lower than 50% on a Pulse Rifles.)
(NOTE 2: Primary Weapons may or may not switch places depending on their average stability.

PRIMARY SHOTS TO KILL:
All TTKs are enhanced with perks (e.g. Glass Half Full, Headseeker, Final Round, Luck in the Chamber, etc.)

Auto Rifles
  • MIN/HIGH IMPACT = 15 bodyshots; 12 with crits (9 enhanced)
  • MAX/LOW IMPACT = 30 bodyshots; 25 with crits
Hand Cannons
  • MIN/HIGH IMPACT = 4 bodyshots; 3 with crits (2 enhanced)
  • MAX/LOW IMPACT = 5 bodyshots; 3 with crits
Pulse Rifles
  • MIN/HIGH IMPACT = 12 shots/4 bursts; 9 with crits/3 bursts (2 enhanced)
  • MAX/LOW IMPACT = 15 shots/5 bursts; 12 with crits/4 bursts
Scout Rifles
  • MIN/HIGH IMPACT = 6 shots; 4 crits (3 enhanced)
  • MAX/LOW IMPACT = 8 shots; 6 crits

RANGE CHART:
Melee to Close Quarters:
  • Shotguns
  • Sidearms
  • Swords
Close Quarters to Mid Range
  • Auto Rifles
  • Hand Cannons
  • Fusion Rifles
Mid Range to Long Range
  • Pulse Rifles
  • Scout Rifles
  • Machine Guns
Long Range:
  • Sniper Rifles
  • Rocket Launchers

RADAR RANGE
Reduce Radar range by 10 meters in the Crucible. Range enhancement tied to perks.

TIME TO KILL
Increase average TTK across the board by 0.1 second for critical hits and 0.4 seconds for body shots (accomplished by aim assist changes and precision damage scaling above).

SUPER METER GENERATION:
Reduce Orbs of Light super meter generation by 30% in the Crucible.

AMMO SPAWNS
  • Remove Special Ammo spawns at the start of match
  • Spawn Special Ammo on static 2 minute intervals; Special Ammo drops from crates do not stack
  • Heavy Ammo crates provide 2 Rockets (3 with perks) and 5 kills' worth of Machine Gun ammo (7 with perks)
  • Special Ammo despawns 30 seconds after crate pickup or player drop; Heavy despawns 15 seconds after crate pickup or player drop
  • Increase pickup radius on Heavy crate to 30m

2real4tv

The items you get from flawless are so unrewarding....I always feel like that's it : /

I get more from bounties....got a 318 exotic helmet for silver and water star from gold.

I built my computer in 2011 with a 120GB SSD (With OS, now with Win10). Because that's so small I really never took advantage of having an ssd other than booting up. I bought a 750 GB 840 EVO (gross, I know) SSD during last year's black Friday that I've yet to do anything with. Super waste.

I'm trying to be more organized both at work and at home. This weekend, I spent hours making files at home and categorizing everything, and currently working on doing the same with my emails. Later, all my digital content (games, pics/vids, music, docs, etc.).

So today, I finally decide to use my 750 GB SSD. To take advantage of an ssd, the OS needs to be on it. I cloned my Win10 SSD and so far so good! I'm almost officially next gen on my PC. If Destiny were to come out, I'll be ready.

Feels good.

XenoRaven

The chaos is neat and all, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the whole "every possible public event starts at the same time in the same area" shit. I'm really trying to kill these Taken Zealots for this quest I have. There were two people in the area with me and they did defend the warsat instead of helping me kill all the Taken guys. Then they got Urzok to spawn and it was just a bunch of shit everywhere. Couldn't kill the zealot, have to wait for the next Taken corruption cycle. Why not just stagger the events?

The chaos is neat and all, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the whole "every possible public event starts at the same time in the same area" shit. I'm really trying to kill these Taken Zealots for this quest I have. There were two people in the area with me and they did defend the warsat instead of helping me kill all the Taken guys. Then they got Urzok to spawn and it was just a bunch of shit everywhere. Couldn't kill the zealot, have to wait for the next Taken corruption cycle. Why not just stagger the events?

I can understand why that must be frustrating but I honestly think it's kinda cool when a bunch of events pop off at once

skywatch rules

did you rek him*?

*her. She's actually streaming some Trials now, I just tuned in before crashing for the evening. Doesn't look as promising as the two Mercury runs me and Twilight did last week. Help her Twilight-Gap-Kenobi, you're her only hope.

(
Having played with both Ghaz and Rawk, my money would be squarely on Ghaz.
)

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah, and to make matters worse I expect the mark to always be sold so only one armor piece a month.

Yup.

So gloves and class item (again) this week i assume.

I hope the IB scout is really great.

The same as hung jury, but not taking up half the screen would be nice.

GorillaJu

That's a really impressive pussy level.

I maintain that King's Fall is actually a fun and well-designed encounter for the most part, but it is way too unforgiving on HM. If "hard" means "challenge", which it should, then they need to rethink how they give us challenging fights.

As it is, "hard" just means "hope for good luck". As it is, 95% of groups are incapable of continuing a raid after 1 death never mind 2. Making a clutch revive, recovering and regrouping from the brink of defeat.. that is a challenge. Simply restarting every time someone dies isn't challenging, it's tedium.

It's not like Dark Souls where when you died it was because you fucked up and lost focus. I don't mind replaying the same thing over and over in DS because every death is fair. But half or more of the deaths you get on Oryx are completely unpredictable. You can play the EXACT same way, time after time, and one out of every 10 times you'll get killed randomly because two taken knights decided to target you at once, or two Ogres targeted the relic runner when they normally wouldn't. Now multiply those odds of death by six for each fireteam member, and again by four for the four bomb phases, and you end up with a situation where it's extremely difficult to get through the first three phases without someone dying to something out of their control.

I've #teamfirsttry'd it a few times, but due to my time zone I often don't get to play with a lot of Gaffers and I have to go LFG on LFG. Again, I like the raid so it's fun for me to play even if I'm failing, and I take the leadership role most of the time because people just seem so confused on how it works. That's fun to me. But it could be so much betttteeerrrrrr guys just let us fucking revive teammates. Increase the timer or limit revives like Golgoroth I don't care but dying to bullshit and restarting the raid over and over again sucks!

Top Bottom