• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

todd360

A waste of money I wore for the five minutes it took to dump all of my 5K bounties and fifteen public event packages into my Nightstalker sub-class. Seriously, it's almost class action territory that you can't use that item after you're leveled up.

Class action lawsuit time!

A waste of money I wore for the five minutes it took to dump all of my 5K bounties and fifteen public event packages into my Nightstalker sub-class. Seriously, it's almost class action territory that you can't use that item after you're leveled up.

Can't you infuse it?

We managed to make it to Mercury today, legit even.

Was super intense. We won every game up to the last, and we lost our final boss fight. Thankfully the boon saved us and we got a second chance. It was close in the beginning, but we secured the lead with the heavy round, and we broke their confidence.

2 Auto Rifles and 1 Hand Cannon.

Was actually fun and intense, never felt like we went up against someone that was just there to slaughter us.

Edit: Poor TeaParty, she got a 310 chest, and 310 auto rifle, and a 310 ghost.

Can't you infuse it?
You can't infuse it, it's stuck at 170 forever, and it doesn't have the Life Exotic perk like the faction cloaks, so you can't wear it at the same time as another piece of exotic armor. Seriously, the Titan buttrag is awesome with the flaming hammer hanging off of it. So salty about that.

You can't infuse it, it's stuck at 170 forever, and it doesn't have the Life Exotic perk like the faction cloaks, so you can't wear it at the same time as another piece of exotic armor. Seriously, the Titan buttrag is awesome with the flaming hammer hanging off of it. So salty about that.

yea the titan mark is the coolest one but they're basically one off things. absolute joke.

T-44

Neo Member
Not expecting a big response since everyone is doing trials but I really would love another shot at a 315+ primary...since trials isn't an option for me, I'm looking for a team of high enough light to kill oryx reasonably quick...I'm a 313 Hunter....tonight? Tomorrow? Just as long as it's before reset....who's in?

We managed to make it to Mercury today, legit even.

Was super intense. We won every game up to the last, and we lost our final boss fight. Thankfully the boon saved us and we got a second chance. It was close in the beginning, but we secured the lead with the heavy round, and we broke their confidence.

2 Auto Rifles and 1 Hand Cannon.

Was actually fun and intense, never felt like we went up against someone that was just there to slaughter us.

Edit: Poor TeaParty, she got a 310 chest, and 310 auto rifle, and a 310 ghost.

Congrats on the run, that's awesome. Out of curiosity, what does legit Mercury mean?

Having a run against all reasonable teams with reasonable connections is a rare yet wonderful thing.

Not expecting a big response since everyone is doing trials but I really would love another shot at a 315+ primary...since trials isn't an option for me, I'm looking for a team of high enough light to kill oryx reasonably quick...I'm a 313 Hunter....tonight? Tomorrow? Just as long as it's before reset....who's in?

I can help tonight if there's a group going soon-ish and you need a body. Otherwise I'll be around later tomorrow night.

E92 M3

I am completely in love with Bungie's gear manager. I tend to have my laptop next to me often so it works out great.

Love it.

MildSoss

I'm down again if we can scrounge up some higher level guardians to help us out, T. lol

I am completely in love with Bungie's gear manager. I tend to have my laptop next to me often so it works out great.

Love it.

Thanks for the reminder, been meaning to check it out. I've been using Tower Ghost which I like. How does it compare to TG or destiny Item manager if you've used those?

E92 M3

Thanks for the reminder, been meaning to check it out. I've been using Tower Ghost which I like. How does it compare to TG or destiny Item manager if you've used those?

MUCH quicker than using TG on my phone (Note 4 for reference). I can quickly move weapons and items around with Bungie's solution. It completely takes the hassle out of moving items around to the point of where I don't even mind doing it.

They need to add some basic features like loadouts and comparison, but overall it's a lovely solution.

I can jump back in and help finish what we started last night if you need room.

Also, thanks to Rubenov and Wicked for some fun trials games except that one match that was completely my fault. Got some rare love mail as well.

'lol your trash, spam the invective more u fucking twat'.

I'll spam whatever the fuck I want thank you.

T-44

Neo Member

Also, thanks to Rubenov and Wicked for some fun trials games except that one match that was completely my fault. Got some rare love mail as well.

Thanks man, we'd love the help

Cantaloup

Hey man, was hoping for someone a little higher light level but I know it's hard to get that unless you get some hard mode runs in....do you have any experience with HM oryx?

Unfortunately, no. I've done NM plenty and know about the Knights though. I understand if you want someone else.

Trakan

I just want balance patch details. I need to know how much hype to start nurturing here.

YK6fmyy.png

The guy behind the crucible balancing tweeted this the other day. I'm really hoping for sniper aim assist to get nerfed.

Damn, T gave me the shutout on the Oryx kill (Kappa). It's better if people who need the loot do it, seems like there's actually more than enough interest.

MUCH quicker than using TG on my phone (Note 4 for reference). I can quickly move weapons and items around with Bungie's solution. It completely takes the hassle out of moving items around to the point of where I don't even mind doing it.

They need to add some basic features like loadouts and comparison, but overall it's a lovely solution.

Niiice, sounds like I need to check it out soon. I like TG a lot but it can be on the slow side when I'm swapping my Trials gear around different characters.

Damn, T gave me the shutout on the Oryx kill (Kappa). It's better if people who need the loot do it, seems like there's actually more than enough interest.

Niiice, sounds like I need to check it out soon. I like TG a lot but it can be on the slow side when I'm swapping my Trials gear around different characters.
Get in here Drizzay. Time is money.

I'm not even going to lie, sometimes I want to send a message to opponents complaining about their reliance on shotguns rushing (or the oddest team strat I've seen that I came upon yesterday of 3 Defender Titans chain Bubbling so they could pretty much infinite res each other). Then I remember that it's a game and I'm an adult and I laugh at myself for the thought.

YK6fmyy.png

The guy behind the crucible balancing tweeted this the other day. I'm really hoping for sniper aim assist to get nerfed.

I doubt AA will be addressed. I don't check the Reddit often but I think Gaf is likely the only place where anyone has complained about it being too high.

T-44

Neo Member
Unfortunately, no. I've done NM plenty and know about the Knights though. I understand if you want someone else.
Had a hard time with it last night with a couple of lower light guys and wasn't able to get it done so I was hoping to get pretty quick this time...plus I'm a little short on time...if I can't get a 6th here soon then you can come on in
We got a 6th, sorry....if I hadn't just spent a ton of time on it last night I would've loved to run it with you...hopefully we can next time

GutZ31

So far, the Trials match making(net code) has shown its weakness in my opinion.
In a dedicated server environment, 1 laggy player would never spell disaster for the opposing team, and only hurt the team with the laggy guy.
In the current hybrid server environment, the majority connection seems to be selected as likely host connection, then from the closest connections, one with the lowest Ping is picked for hosting the match, as well as server support in case of disconnects, perceived latency, and other issues.
The one with the worst Ping is the usual laggy guardian we see today, unless they are blatantly cheating.
If they are just bad connections, and not lag switching, they are likely geographically distant from the other players, have bad router/modems, Internet service provider(ISP) issues, or a mixture of the listed.

In a dedicated server environment, everyone gets the same refresh of events on screen at roughly the same time, except for the one with a really shitty ping.
That guy will be left with a pretty big disadvantage, as his character will likely stop multiple times waiting for input commands to make it back to the server, then send back the next update of events to their game.
There are ways of making this guys connection look less shitty by giving the net code awareness of what a laggy connection looks like, and to smooth out animations in case it sees said laggy inputs.

The problem with Destiny' current setup for Trials, leaving out the rest of the game for now, is that it's suppose to be competitive, and somehow reward skill over all else.
I see no skill in laggy connections, and the frustration of fighting against a lagger is all too real.
Knowing you pumped 3 mags of primary, 2 shotgun/sniper shots to the head, your super, or all your heavy weapon ammo into that one guy, just to be killed by his team mates, or him is beyond frustrating.

Having dedicated servers would not fix everything, but it would take a pretty huge issue out of the equation in my eyes, if done correctly.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
HM oryx kill
1. Me
2. Sosa
3. Stranglove
4. Macello
5. Inapplicable
6. ?

can I join with my 305 titan? I can transfer some of my higher level gear over should bring her up to 307 or 308. I've done it with you guys with my 304 hunter earlier in the week

I think snipe AA is overstated, but I expect Bungie to go overboard with nerfs. That's why I hate asking for them.

Seeing as the sniper is a 1 hit kill from a mile away, I wouldn't mind if they made the sniper rifle actually be a weapon of skill.

plz brutalize AA

E92 M3

Seeing as the sniper is a 1 hit kill from a mile away, I wouldn't mind if they made the sniper rifle actually be a weapon of skill.

plz brutalize AA

Shotguns are still used 85% of the time. People are just always complaining. It was exotic hand cannons in Y1 and now we have RNG in accuracy. Overall, I don't think Bungie can be trusted for nerfing properly.

Mark my words, I have a feeling they will nerf scouts in December as well.

Top Bottom