• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Here's the match https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR?instanceId=4213394574&characterId=2305843009215028629

And what I get in response.

I normally don't give people the satisfaction of responding but this guy pissed me off so much. I'm seriously still angry.

Apologies for shitty offscreen shot. Didn't want to take the time to do it correctly.

That would certainly piss me off. Those are the people I hope so badly to rematch them. But obviously not with this new matchmaking in terms of back to back rematch.

I'll never forget my first xb1 Trials with Korosenai and Doge / Cha. A team beat us on our 6-0 card with mercy, we beat another team, then had to rematch them at 7-0 and they messaged us at the beginning of the round "Back out Kappa".

Haha everyone always calls Oryx side either back or front, that's why I would rather call the 2 halves (spawn and oryx). Even though Oryx moves, he begins and ends there.

Also, it's the same reason for Warpriest I like to say "3rd floor, 2nd floor, 1st floor/middle" but some people can't understand that concept, either. "can you just say left middle and right I don't know how you're getting these floor numbers".

There's only one left/middle/right for warpriest though - surely no-one labels those the other way round?

dont remember the last time I ran King's Fall. long hurr dont curr

Running the Relcis in the Vault of Glass the other day though
rejoice.png

Hope that update isn't far off, although it was fun being able to use Year One weapons again. RIP Correct Measure.

E92 M3

It just isn't a very good game. The base gameplay is solid, but everything else is either missing or mediocre, as if they focused solely on making it play well and postponed everything else. I find all of the maps abysmal and the matchmaking is not friendly to people searching on their own. The game is severely lacking incentive to keep playing in lieu of these problems, so I'd attribute apathy from the casual audience to that. Reach was awful on launch and still managed to keep people engaged due to Forge, Firefight and a robust progression system. Halo 5 has a few sameay playlists centered aroudn ranks you can't see and uh... Warzone? That was cool for a few days until everyone figured out how to abuse it.

I don't see its "competitive" focus as a problem so much as the lack of providing everything else around it. If it's hardcore in the sense that you have to be a die hard Halo fan to tolerate the trickle of updates, then absolutely. It's only been a few weeks though, so we don't know yet how well it'll hold up over the long term.

So we don't end up having a long discussion about H5 here, I will say that Treyarch managed to make Blops3 very feature rich in 3 years while having 3 years to work on it. 343 should have done the same - not sure why it turned out like it did. I know you and I have been very vocal about it. And my criticisms come from a love for Halo.

--

Destiny wise, I am excited for tomorrow's patch. Hoping for a few QoL surprises.

Haha everyone always calls Oryx side either back or front, that's why I would rather call the 2 halves (spawn and oryx). Even though Oryx moves, he begins and ends there.

Also, it's the same reason for Warpriest I like to say "3rd floor, 2nd floor, 1st floor/middle" but some people can't understand that concept, either. "can you just say left middle and right I don't know how you're getting these floor numbers".

Just a quick one about the floor numbering. I know in the UK, possibly rest of Europe we use ground floor for what Americans call the first floor. This could be why it confuses some people? Having worked with Americans in the past this has led to confusion when giving directions around a building!

Any ways. Anyone fancy some trials?

With our group, for Warpriest we call them respective areas middle, right, and top. Middle is obviously, Top is also obvious. Right is the only one that could maybe confuse, but by process of elimination, it doesn't matter.

For Oryx, we don't even use near or far, or front or back. We assign ourselves to totems, and do it that way. So after the initial adds spawn, we just call out like such: 'He's at Kor's totem so Fyre, you are floating with Rat." or "Dog's Ogre is still alive."

Every single Oryx kill we've done has been the same positions.
Far Left - Kor
Far Right - Fyre
Front Left - Dog
Front Right - TeaParty
Relic - JP
Floater - Rat

I can see how this would be more challenging for groups that don't play with the same people every time, though.

phen0m24

We did a NM raid on Saturday and I officially love floating. 313 Malice and 313 1KYS with casket mag and sniper ammo perks... those ogres are MINE. I almost felt guilty pinning them each against the wall where they spawn. Nahhh :p

Add in kamikaze cheese lock power and fuhgetaboutit.

Today is my little guy's birthday so in honor of Micah:

"Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody rock a Gjallarhorn!!!"

:)

So I realize this information isn't new, but it's new to me, so I'm sharing it in case it's new to any of you.

So apparently there are medals on Bungie.net that talk about a new Crucible mode.

The mode is called: Arsenal, and seems to be sort of inspired by Juggernaut from Halo.

The description for the mode reads as such:

• Activity Type: Arsenal
  • Enemy Level: 1
  • Party Size: 1-3
  • Max Players: 6
  • Destination: The Crucible
  • "It takes improvisation to win with what you find on the battlefield." - Lord Shaxx
  • "Take the Armament and destroy your foes."

There are also two medals currently on Bungie.net

Armed and Dangerous - Defeat 5 guardians within a single Armament Run. (Rare Quality)
The Heist - Take the Armament after defeating its previous carrier. (Uncommon Quality)

Personally, I love variety in Crucible and welcome all kinds of modes.

We did a NM raid on Saturday and I officially love floating. 313 Malice and 313 1KYS with casket mag and sniper ammo perks... those ogres are MINE. I almost felt guilty pinning them each against the wall where they spawn. Nahhh :p

Add in kamikaze cheese lock power and fuhgetaboutit.

Tonight is my little guy's birthday so in honor of Micah:

"Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody rock a Gjallarhorn!!!"

:)

twilight says happy birthday.

also PMs

On my way into work:

i don't get it.

Just a quick one about the floor numbering. I know in the UK, possibly rest of Europe we use ground floor for what Americans call the first floor. This could be why it confuses some people? Having worked with Americans in the past this has led to confusion when giving directions around a building!

Any ways. Anyone fancy some trials?

Very good to know, thank you! I hope to visit the UK and other parts of Europe again some day. I was only 10 when I did so I don't remember much of it.

Man, the day before reset and I've ran 0 raids and part of me wants to go all out and get all 3 done today. Maybe I'll just find warpriest to golgy 3x then Oryx once or twice.

Really, really, really hoping that they buff Weapon parts drop rates tomorrow.

It's great that they're giving us a way to purchase them, but everyone I know needs weapon parts. Buying them should be a way for people to do a whole bunch at once, not a part of the general flow. I don't want to have to buy weapon parts every time I want to infuse or upgrade.

I don't have to visit a vendor as a required part of anything else in the game, so I don't want it to be like this. Make it like a telemetry where I can buy if I want to accelerate the natural upgrade times.

I call where Oryx comes out the back. Why not? It's the furthest from where you enter.

That's how I started.

I kept switching since different people call it different things. But then I guess it's like a school room. You typically enter from the back or side, and the front of the room is where the teacher starts. We're almost always facing that direction.

But I can see both ways now so it's annoying. Spawn and oryx!

Namikaze1

Haha. Right? There's SO much you have to keep track of too. I'm only 6 hours in, but I will still come back for Reset, Iron Banner this week, and Trials.
The only thing I'll be coming back for tomorrow is for my raid run with my group. I'm over 50 hours now in FO4 and I still haven't even started the main quest. Got my guy to level 39. I'm probably gonna end up platinuming the game. Trophies are easy as hell.

Lnkn52

The only thing I'll be coming back for tomorrow is for my raid run with my group. I'm over 50 hours now in FO4 and I still haven't even started the main quest. Got my guy to level 39. I'm probably gonna end up platinuming the game. Trophies are easy as hell.

How in the world? I need them tips!

phen0m24

Happy Birthday Micah!
Destiny-Carlton-Dance.gif

Thanks Lnkn!! :)

Aww happy birthday Micah. :D

:) He can't wait to get home from school to open his present. (I got him one of those create your own lightsaber kits so heaven help my furniture... and Joshua's head.) ;)

twilight says happy birthday.

also PMs

Thanks TG. I I was watching your run with Drizzy and Dawn last night and laughing

"He's going train. He doesn't have a ticket though"

"Oh we have a plan for him"

Drizzy: "Don't pull a Twilight"
Dawn: "What's a Twilight?"
Drizzy: "When you use your special as your primary..."

My favorite was right in the beginning though with Drizzy:

"Oooh Twilight dropping a donut" followed shortly thereafter by

"See? You insult Twilight and then he drops a wrecking ball." :)

I saw PM and in typical fashion I am slow with emails/replies and beg for forgiveness. Tried to invite you to our VoG run Saturday though.. :p (stream of consciousness - maybe we should Skype chat.. hmmmmm)

Destiny player base has taken a massive hit. Handful of people online on my friends list. Going into rumble and it launched with only 4 players. Matchmaking taking ages in control. Dark days!

Thanks TG. I I was watching your run with Drizzy and Dawn last night and laughing

"He's going train. He doesn't have a ticket though"

"Oh we have a plan for him"

Drizzy: "Don't pull a Twilight"
Dawn: "What's a Twilight?"
Drizzy: "When you use your special as your primary..."

My favorite was right in the beginning though with Drizzy:

"Oooh Twilight dropping a donut" followed shortly thereafter by

"See? You insult Twilight and then he drops a wrecking ball." :)

I saw PM and in typical fashion I am slow with emails/replies and beg for forgiveness. Tried to invite you to our VoG run Saturday though.. :p (stream of consciousness - maybe we should Skype chat.. hmmmmm)

i rewatched it the other day too and it had me rolling. i have a no rage rule when i'm playing with others - especially on stream - so even if the game is going south i usually end up making corny ass jokes instead. There were no shortage of those in that run. It was definitely a fun night.

since when do you have skype?! that's the kinda thing you mention before i send you a million emails lol

Destiny player base has taken a massive hit. Handful of people online on my friends list. Going into rumble and it launched with only 4 players. Matchmaking taking ages in control. Dark days!

But the question is, was Destiny the game to tide you over to these new releases, or are these new releases tiding you over til more Destiny? Who's da main nigga and who's da side chick?

YTG2PZC.png

Top Bottom