• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Namikaze1

Happy birthday, Micah!

How in the world? I need them tips!
I travelled. A lot.

It also helps that I started off with 6 points towards my Intelligence stat.

Seriously, I would say I spent 60% of my time in FO4 just walking around, 25% working on my settlements, and 15% doing quest (95% of which have been side quests).

Edit: and there are still many places I haven't discovered yet.

I didn't do any King's Fall this week. Debating on whether or not I should even try HM tonight. See the thing is, I have Fallout 4 and also real life stuff to take care of. These moving boxes aren't going to empty themselves...King's Fall HM is just too much of a time sink for me especially with LFGers.

I'll possibly try to look for a group here after work today but I dunno.

I haven't felt this much apathy for Destiny for a long time.

Deku Tree

The only thing I'll be coming back for tomorrow is for my raid run with my group. I'm over 50 hours now in FO4 and I still haven't even started the main quest. Got my guy to level 39. I'm probably gonna end up platinuming the game. Trophies are easy as hell.*

*if you play the game forever.

stb

I didn't do any King's Fall this week. Debating on whether or not I should even try HM tonight. See the thing is, I have Fallout 4 and also real life stuff to take care of. These moving boxes aren't going to empty themselves...King's Fall HM is just too much of a time sink for me especially with LFGers.

I'll possibly try to look for a group here after work today but I dunno.

I haven't felt this much apathy for Destiny for a long time.

"Apathy" is a really good way to put it, I think. I don't have anything actively against it, I just have other stuff to do.

But the question is, was Destiny the game to tide you over to these new releases, or are these new releases tiding you over til more Destiny? Who's da main nigga and who's da side chick?

YTG2PZC.png

Destiny has quickly become the side chick. Taking a break from the witcher to shoot things in the face. Longer it goes without some new content. Or at least a plan to let us know what's coming the harder it is going to be to come back to. The current way loot works in raids is beyond ridiculous.

How in the world? I need them tips!

Just do quests!

I'm level 10 at less than 6 hours played. I like it well enough. I'm still partial to FO3 myself. It's fine, but Destiny will still hold more of my time. I'm also playing it with Steam Share so I only play when my buddy isn't. That helps. I might just buy it during the Steam Winter sale, but I just don't like it enough to buy it right now.

Plus, I need that sweet IB gear yo.

Dave_6

Haven't been on here in over 24 hours and only ~10 pages have passed :/ I miss Destiny but other games have gotten in the way and Battlefront is out tomorrow. I still wouldn't mind playing some IB with my group sometime this week though. Hopefully Bungie releases a decent patch soon or has any kind of news on some future DLC to get all of us back in.

Namikaze1

*if you play the game forever.
Have you seen the trophy list? 90% of the trophies can be unlock in a single playthrough. You need to either run a second character or save at a certain point in the game to unlock the faction trophies for one of two factions.

Most of the trophies are associated with doing the main quest and finishing the questlines for the 3 factions with trophies tied to them (Minutemen, Railroad, and Brotherhood of Steel).

I'm 50 hours in (taking my sweet time) and have unlocked 41% of the trophies. Still have 11 trophies tied to the main storyline to unlock (haven't bother continuing the main story) and 4 faction trophies.

Deku Tree

Have you seen the trophy list? 90% of the trophies can be unlock in a single playthrough. You need to either run a second character or save at a certain point in the game to unlock the faction trophies for one of two factions.

Most of the trophies are associated with doing the main quest and finishing the questlines for the 3 factions with trophies tied to them (Minutemen, Railroad, and Brotherhood of Steel).

I'm 50 hours in (taking my sweet time) and have unlocked 41% of the trophies. Still have 11 trophies tied to the main storyline to unlock (haven't bother continuing the main story) and 4 faction trophies.

Is there a trophy guide somewhere? How do I know where is the "point of no return" where you can't get all the trophies if you go beyond a certain point? thx

I wonder if they'll bring back a guaranteed way for Strange Coins, I'm down to 34 and have no compulsion to do bountiezzzzz to rank up

So I don't ever see Nghtly stream any more. Did he get tired of Pulse Rifles?

Yep and the game in general, all the top players have moved on and just play occasionally. The only ones still heavily invested are Bungies love children, Datto and Goth

Has even the mighty Destiny OT train succumbed to F4!? ;-)

In combination with extremely bad raid loot, in usability, light rng, and rng in actually getting drops itself. Add all of that to the "wipe" factor. Not being able to salvage an encounter is a pretty bad design, imo. People got bored starting with the first week. Most seemed to understand that it's not even worth it to be a higher level. There's nothing else to do in destiny for the hardcore now except raid and trials but they managed to make trials worse so that leaves nothing!

But of course there are still people who either have fun or play because they're completionists / don't want the feeling of being behind / addicted. The shooting itself is the GOAT by a landslide, so there's also that.

And of course I can't speak for all people or most, but those are my observations.

Sadly, Bungie has created no positive incentive to do anything. The infusion system is beyond broken once past LL 300. It is the greatest impediment to enjoying the endgame in all of Destiny's current lifetime.

I wonder if they'll bring back a guaranteed way for Strange Coins, I'm down to 34 and have no compulsion to do bountiezzzzz to rank up

Yep and the game in general, all the top players have moved on and just play occasionally. The only ones still heavily invested are Bungies love children, Datto and Goth

Krafty is the real Destiny champ. Goth just makes me think of Mancow or any other morning shock jock. Watching Krafty double carry is insane.

GlamFM

Banned
The biggest problem right now is that there is no vertical progression.

Now would be a great time to work on different kits for different situations except there is no chance to do so because infusion fuel >300 is so hard to come by.

They really have to open up this stuff or "fix" the drops in the raid.

E92 M3

The biggest problem right now is that there is no vertical progression.

Now would be a great time to work on different kits for different situations except there is no chance to do so because infusion fuel >300 is so hard to come by.

They really have to open up this stuff or "fix" the drops in the raid.

Etheric light was their most elegant solution and it's unfortunate they don't realize it.

I find infusion more fun in theory , because it could make random drops meaningful.

The way it was <300 - that was cool.

It's fun in theory if they didn't butcher it with this 80% BS. Just let us get the actual value since it's already so difficult to get higher light crap as it is.

If anything:

Exotic to Exotic = 100%
Infusing a Legendary into Exotic = 90%
Legendary to Legendary = %100
Infusing a Blue into a Legendary = 90%

I don't care for the 80% crap, because it's still a loss of progress. Oh you finally got that 320 (crappy) drop but you're carrying a 310 primary? Well too bad, wait for a 315-319 first.

Krafty is the real Destiny champ. Goth just makes me think of Mancow or any other morning shock jock. Watching Krafty double carry is insane.

I love watching Krafty, super chilled/baked, funny and as you say the double carrying is insane. I'm tempted to break a habit of a lifetime and buy this

front.png

Its about vague enough to pull off, apart from a knowing eye

E92 M3

Over 2 months to give us a use for Etheric Light is appalling, honestly

isn't there supposed to be some sort of trade in with etheric light as well with this weeks update?

Yeah tomorrow supposedly, but I am not expecting anything meaningful.

I find infusion more fun in theory , because it could make random drops meaningful.

The way it was <300 - that was cool.

Infusion would be better if all of the light transferred for exotics and legendaries. Or infusing blues builds up a meter or something. Currently, it's very annoying.

Yeah tomorrow supposedly, but I am not expecting anything meaningful.

Infusion would be better if all of the light transferred for exotics and legendaries. Or infusing blues builds up a meter or something. Currently, it's very annoying.

Exactly what I just mentioned above. Whoever designed this system obviously doesn't play the game any meaningful amount of hours.

"We're going to take your legendary to infuse your legendary, STILL take your marks even though you lose marks from the fodder, AND you only get 80% of that value."

E92 M3

Exactly what I just mentioned above. Whoever designed this system obviously doesn't play the game any meaningful amount of hours.

"We're going to take your legendary to infuse your legendary, STILL take your marks, AND you only get 80% of that value."

Yeah, I don't think members of the investment team play this game for considerable amount of hours. They have recently been making some bad decisions. I'm worried they hired some "economist" that is directing change based on spreadsheets.

For instance, I see no justification for removing faction rep from NF.

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah, I don't think members of the investment team play this game for considerable amount of hours. They have recently been making some bad decisions. I'm worried they hired some "economist" that is directing change based on spreadsheets.

Or the XP buff. I don´t play nightfalls anymore.

PuMa

We did a NM raid on Saturday and I officially love floating. 313 Malice and 313 1KYS with casket mag and sniper ammo perks... those ogres are MINE. I almost felt guilty pinning them each against the wall where they spawn. Nahhh :p

Add in kamikaze cheese lock power and fuhgetaboutit.

Today is my little guy's birthday so in honor of Micah:

"Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody rock a Gjallarhorn!!!"

:)

Tell him happy birthday for me! I have my Ghorn ready!

Mindlog

Or weapon part nerfing.
Or glimmer income capping.
Or screwing the price of heavy ammo instead of just adjusting it on the rep side.
Or setting the mark cap at 200.
Or....

Nope. Serenity now!

Afrocious

>was mad about basically being carried in trials yesterday after not playing destiny in about a week. left a bad taste in my mouth that's still gross.
>got even angrier at the fact my weekend was fuckin awesome and here i was getting upset at destiny and how i was being made fun of, despite jokingly, my tolerance was low
>got a useless as fuck water star from mercury
>messed around with my app again this morning to figure out how to mess with cookies made from logging into bungie.
>was showing a coworker how DIM works.
>i scroll down by accident to see the postmaster

310 Truth

aa509053e469e114f93b2b9706905ea4.129x285x26.gif

Top Bottom