• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Yeah, I don't think members of the investment team play this game for considerable amount of hours. They have recently been making some bad decisions. I'm worried they hired some "economist" that is directing change based on spreadsheets.

For instance, I see no justification for removing faction rep from NF.

I would be flabbergasted if they hired an "economist," a real one in fact, because any real economist would be astute enough to know that the basis of a sound economy and system is -- incentives. And, Bungie at every turn seems to prevent and deter meaningful progression. I would argue the Bungie advocates for regression at higher LL than anything.

Yeah, I don't think members of the investment team play this game for considerable amount of hours. They have recently been making some bad decisions. I'm worried they hired some "economist" that is directing change based on spreadsheets.

For instance, I see no justification for removing faction rep from NF.

Or the XP buff. I don´t play nightfalls anymore.

Yup. I joined in on a nightfall last night, but that was the first one in the last couple of weeks. I don't mind hopping in to help others, but obviously not going to do them to do them.

I would be flabbergasted if they hired an "economist," a real one in fact, because any real economist would be astute enough to know that the basis of a sound economy and system is -- incentives. And, Bungie at every turn seems to prevent and deter meaningful progression. I would argue the Bungie advocates for regression at higher LL than anything.

They've obviously had someone look at it, as every move has been to deplete our stocks (of everything) as low as possible

flkraven

I've ran nightfall roughly 4 times in the past 2 or 3 weeks. I've gotten 3 sub-300 Ghosts (last night's was 294) and a 290 boot. My characters are LL 314 (almost 315), 312, and 310. Fuck the nightfall. Just give me 15 guaranteed strange coins.

>was mad about basically being carried in trials yesterday after not playing destiny in about a week. left a bad taste in my mouth that's still gross.
>got even angrier at the fact my weekend was fuckin awesome and here i was getting upset at destiny and how i was being made fun of, despite jokingly, my tolerance was low
>got a useless as fuck water star from mercury
>messed around with my app again this morning to figure out how to mess with cookies made from logging into bungie.
>was showing a coworker how DIM works.
>i scroll down by accident to see the postmaster

310 Truth

aa509053e469e114f93b2b9706905ea4.129x285x26.gif

Haha. You were talking about not having one too! Oh Destiny...

E92 M3

It's the only logical choice I can see. Why else make such dumb decisions? No player of Destiny would agree with them.

I still get a lot of Elight from variks weekly packages. I wonder if they will patch that tomorrow or in December.

I keep forgetting to open those lol

Deku Tree

The biggest problem right now is that there is no vertical progression.

Now would be a great time to work on different kits for different situations except there is no chance to do so because infusion fuel >300 is so hard to come by.

They really have to open up this stuff or "fix" the drops in the raid.

Or what if the next big content infusion is Fall 2016, and at that time they do another gear reset so that building up different kits now is a total waste in any event?

Afrocious

Haha. You were talking about not having one too! Oh Destiny...

Hey man, sorry for being upset for as long as I was yesterday and thanks for the games. I was being harsh on myself because I was making all sorts of mistakes. Too harsh on myself actually. I hadn't touched PvP since Tuesday and got distracted all week, so to expect to be on top of my game in ToO was unrealistic.

Hey man, sorry for being upset for as long as I was yesterday and thanks for the games. I was being harsh on myself because I was making all sorts of mistakes. Too harsh on myself actually. I hadn't touched PvP since Tuesday and got distracted all week, so to expect to be on top of my game in ToO was unrealistic.

No worries whatsoever man. I understand exactly where you were coming from! Also, that's a tough map for trials when you're not super familiar with it. At the end of the day I still had a fun playing with you and Todd :)

GlamFM

Banned
Or what if the next big content infusion is Fall 2016, and at that time they do another gear reset so that building up different kits now is a total waste in any event?

Wasting my time in a videogame?

Wasting my time while wasting my time.

Time wasting inception?

I like grinding towards something - being there is much less exciting.

Gear resets will always happen.

phen0m24

Happy arrival on Earth day to Micah

Thanks Trance. Josh saw you playing (I think last night? And I heard Trance is on???")

He's been playing with X's nephew and another friend but I think he misses the days of raids and chasing Taeshik down for Trials fun. :p

i rewatched it the other day too and it had me rolling. i have a no rage rule when i'm playing with others - especially on stream - so even if the game is going south i usually end up making corny ass jokes instead. There were no shortage of those in that run. It was definitely a fun night.

since when do you have skype?! that's the kinda thing you mention before i send you a million emails lol

Now I need to go back and listen to you guys with Dan. Hehe "More jokes there are, yesss??" ;)

Oh dang you're right but I can go back and re-read emails and messages. I'm old and my memory is like a sieve. I still sometimes forget that:

Grimlock is from TX
What thread I'm posting in
Among other things

:)

Trakan

I was really surprised that they didn't update POE with TTK. Yeah, it's older content, but it was 3-player "endgame" content. That was what made it different from raids. They could have refreshed it by just making the modifiers actually different/random.

Just chalk it up to another decision I don't understand by Bungie.

I've ran nightfall roughly 4 times in the past 2 or 3 weeks. I've gotten 3 sub-300 Ghosts (last night's was 294) and a 290 boot. My characters are LL 314 (almost 315), 312, and 310. Fuck the nightfall. Just give me 15 guaranteed strange coins.

We have almost exactly the same LL characters outside of my 3rd (Warlock) being 311 but regarding the Nightfall rewards, I've thought recently that somewhat of a solution would be say a choice between either the Armor / Weapon / Class Item / Ghost that drops or 10 Strange Coins. This would at least give you the option of being rewarded with something somewhat useful. They could make it so that you collect rewards (make the choice between gear reward or Strange Coins) from the class Vanguard / Faction (dependent upon the reward) leader just like how some of the quest rewards were handled starting with TTK.

Then again I don't have much use for Strange Coins anymore either. To possibly fix this, they could make it possible (albeit a small chance) to receive Exotics from Xur in the 311-320 LL range once you hit LL 311.

RealKraftyy is great but I think ZL_Chriss is on another level. I just watched his 15-0 trials match and his Trials match against Triplewreck and damn!! That dude is an absolute monster.

I want to see Chris and Taeshik Cha go head to head. That's like Kobe vs Jordan at each of their prime.

LTWood12

Pulse Rifles, Shotguns, & Snipers made up 74% of the ToO kills this past weekend. Something something balance. something something options.

at the bottom:
Sidearms: 0.19% of Kills
Fusion Rifles: 0.72 % of Kills
Machine Guns: 2.95% of Kills
"We think Scout Rifles are in a good spot": 3.75% of Kills

Unstable

RealKraftyy is great but I think ZL_Chriss is on another level. I just watched his 15-0 trials match and his Trials match against Triplewreck and damn!! That dude is an absolute monster.

I want to see Chris and Taeshik Cha go head to head. That's like Kobe vs Jordan at each of their prime.

Always bet on Cha.

unflinching

E92 M3

Thanks Trance. Josh saw you playing (I think last night? And I heard Trance is on???")

He's been playing with X's nephew and another friend but I think he misses the days of raids and chasing Taeshik down for Trials fun. :p

Now I need to go back and listen to you guys with Dan. Hehe "More jokes there are, yesss??" ;)

Oh dang you're right but I can go back and re-read emails and messages. I'm old and my memory is like a sieve. I still sometimes forget that:

Grimlock is from TX
What thread I'm posting in
Among other things

:)

Yeah, I was doing some trials yesterday lol. Firebase is my favorite map.

Cha is a real beast indeed.

LTWood12

Thanks Nami and Puma

And Grim that was the first thing I remembered not remembering. :p

Hope your boy has a happy birthday today!

My oldest, Anderson, turns 4 next week. Having his party at our house this afternoon. Spent the better part of the weekend cleaning and setting up.

PuMa

Hope your boy has a happy birthday today!

My oldest, Anderson, turns 4 next week. Having his party at our house this afternoon. Spent the better part of the weekend cleaning and setting up.

Will there be a bouncy house??? I was told there'd be a bouncy house...

Can someone help me figure this out?

I had the base game physical disc, purchased HoW and TTK digital.

Welllll... my 3 year old popped it out of the xbox to put her own show in and the disc is now all scratched up. So I will need a new copy.

If I purchased base Destiny digital, will I still have the digital addons tied to my Xbox Live account? I really don't want to buy the digital copy of the game and find out I need to purchase the addons yet again?

Logic tells me I should be fine, but... figured I would ask.

"We think Scout Rifles are in a good spot": 3.75% of Kills

I had been trying my best to make a scout rifle work, but finally said screw it and pulled out Nirwen this week.

Do those numbers include grenade/super kills as well? Because frankly I'd expect Pulse/Sniper/Shotgun kills to be an even bigger chunk.

LTWood12

I had been trying my best to make a scout rifle work, but finally said screw it and pulled out Nirwen this week.

Do those numbers include grenade/super kills as well? Because frankly I'd expect Pulse/Sniper/Shotgun kills to be an even bigger chunk.

It does not include kills from grenade, melee, or super.

E92 M3

...These wounds, they will not heeeeaaaal...

Haha that got me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4gv11PTI8

"Show alotta things happenin' at once, remind EVERYONE OF WHAT'S GOIN' ON!"

Lol, as much as montages are a cost-saver for movies, I still love them!

I can imagine Eris Morn as Chester Bennington

"FINGERTIPS ON THE SURFACE OF MY MIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND"

That can work!

Welllll... my 3 year old popped it out of the xbox to put her own show in and the disc is now all scratched up. So I will need a new copy.

If I purchased base Destiny digital, will I still have the digital addons tied to my Xbox Live account? I really don't want to buy the digital copy of the game and find out I need to purchase the addons yet again?

Your logic is right ;)

I think you'll need to re-download everything. couldn't you just buy as second hand OG game, they cost next to nothing

Edit The trial game used to work, try downloading that

PuMa

Scouts are still my favorite weapon type, but I don't use them in PVP for obvious reasons. The ttk is just too high on 'em.

Top Bottom