• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Can someone help me figure this out?

I had the base game physical disc, purchased HoW and TTK digital.

Welllll... my 3 year old popped it out of the xbox to put her own show in and the disc is now all scratched up. So I will need a new copy.

If I purchased base Destiny digital, will I still have the digital addons tied to my Xbox Live account? I really don't want to buy the digital copy of the game and find out I need to purchase the addons yet again?

Logic tells me I should be fine, but... figured I would ask.

As long as you buy the digital version from the same region, you should be good.

sephi22

Need help with final quest of ToM (Fear's Embrace). In the last room trying to solo it. PSN: sephi22 Can't use mic at the moment

my montage rules:

1. no speeding up clips unless the last kill is really good.
2. no flashy obtrusive effects that make it difficult to see the kills.
3. no tacky transitions.
4. if it doesn't sync with the song, it probably doesn't belong there. the perfect clip will sync naturally and the overall presentation will look tighter.
5. no excessively long intros
6. dont overload the video with filler or busy clips. spread them out and ramp up the quality of the clips towards the ending.
7. themed/funny montages are the GOAT

Pulse Rifles, Shotguns, & Snipers made up 74% of the ToO kills this past weekend. Something something balance. something something options.

at the bottom:
Sidearms: 0.19% of Kills
Fusion Rifles: 0.72 % of Kills
Machine Guns: 2.95% of Kills
"We think Scout Rifles are in a good spot": 3.75% of Kills

Hey! I made the news! I love my scout.

my montage rules:

3. no tacky transitions.
4. if it doesn't sync with the song, it probably doesn't belong there. the perfect clip will sync naturally and the overall presentation will look tighter.
6. dont overload the video with filler or busy clips. spread them out and ramp up the quality of the clips towards the ending.

But what Linkin Park song are you going to use? That's the most important part.

Maybe you'll go against the grain and go with some Disturbed or Godsmack. Maybe some Papa Roach. Who knows.

LTWood12

Hey! I made the news! I love my scout.

Join the meta John. It is useless to resist.
AFrClx2l.jpg

Maybe you'll go against the grain and go with some Disturbed or Godsmack. Maybe some Papa Roach. Who knows.

Trapt

Join the meta John. It is useless to resist.
AFrClx2l.jpg

"Live by the meta or die by the meta."

It's not a question of whether I can do well with a scout, I obviously can. The meta means that I can do better with a pulse, probably a hawksaw, and there's no getting around that.

Also, y'all should just ignore all of what I say because I still play Defender Titan in PvP.

flkraven

We have almost exactly the same LL characters outside of my 3rd (Warlock) being 311 but regarding the Nightfall rewards, I've thought recently that somewhat of a solution would be say a choice between either the Armor / Weapon / Class Item / Ghost that drops or 10 Strange Coins. This would at least give you the option of being rewarded with something somewhat useful. They could make it so that you collect rewards (make the choice between gear reward or Strange Coins) from the class Vanguard / Faction (dependent upon the reward) leader just like how some of the quest rewards were handled starting with TTK.

Then again I don't have much use for Strange Coins anymore either. To possibly fix this, they could make it possible (albeit a small chance) to receive Exotics from Xur in the 311-320 LL range once you hit LL 311.

This is a decent idea, but the trade off seems a bit pointless. Basically, if you should just be guaranteed Strange Coins when you are over 300 with an increase in exotic drop chance and decrease in legendary drop chance. It's a weird paradox of reward structure.

Nightfall when you are 290ish or lower: It is much more difficult since you are a much lower light, but most rewards will be at least somewhat useful. However, the problem here is that if an exotic drops it is guaranteed to be 290, thus not really a benefit to your LL.

So in this scenario, Legendaries help with LL, Exotics don't.

Nightfall when you are over 300/305: Legendary drops are basically 3 marks aka pointless. There is a small chance you land something better, but very very small. Fortunately, if you are lucky enough to get an exotic and you are lucky enough to have it roll at 310, it can help with your LL.

In this scenario, very very few Legandaries help with LL while only SOME Exotics help as well

Nightfall when you are over 310: Legendary drops are still garbage. Now Exotics are guaranteed 310, but will (for the most part) not help with LL.

In this final scenario, neither legendaries nor exotics help with LL.

So you are either hoping for legendaries at low levels or hoping for exotics at top levels, but never both at the same time.

It's a sorry state of affairs when the potential engram boss drops are better than the actual nightfall rewards. Popping a 3oC gives you a similar chance at an exotic than running a nightfall does, with the difference being I can run strikes/bosses with zero modifiers. The best thing I got from the nightfall this week were the strike-specific gauntlets, which was a boss drop.

3 weeks back I ran nightfall all 3 times with my characters right at 300. The best drop I got was when I reran it a fourth time using 3oC and got an exotic.

Nightfalls suck. Plain and simple. The only 'weekly' activity worth doing requires you to coordinate 5 other people to party with.

All this shows me is that grenades and shotguns were so damn annoying in year 1 and TLW indeed needed a nerf in range.

And lol at Kraftyy just being "great". He isn't just great, the guy is a pure monster and is ranked 1 in almost all DTR categories on PlayStation.

Like every shitgun user, bum rush your opponent and if for some reason your target didn't die, use your commando pro melee and finish them off... Year 1 shotgun meta was the bane of my existence and I couldn't stand it.

Kyoufu

yea seeing those kills with TLW makes the TTK look ridiculous.

I don't agree with the range nerf but that thing killed way too fast.

I think the gun would be just fine if they fixed the accuracy, and increased the range just a tad so that you could use it at mid-range distances.

Arc bolt grenades were too good back then. Probably the best nerf from Bungie.

phen0m24

Yea i like unorthodox song choices but a fitting song is a good choice no matter the genre.

Twenty one pilots : Ride
There is one line that says "I'm Fallin" which always makes me think "I'm Fallen" and include a picture of a vandal with his arms up

Capital Kings: Upgraded
Just fun to think of a char leveling up and then wreaking havoc at the end

:)

Rubenov

With all this ZL_Chriss talk going on, let me remind everybody GAF's Holy Divers recently beat him and his clanmate in a Skirmish match!

PuMa

Twenty one pilots : Ride
There is one line that says "I'm Fallin" which always makes me think "I'm Fallen" and include a picture of a vandal with his arms up

:)

OMG that's the song that plays in my mind's montage!

With all this ZL_Chriss talk going on, let me remind everybody GAF's Holy Divers recently beat him and his clanmate in a Skirmish match!

Oh, everyone already knows you da real MVP rubenov!

Afrocious

Nobody who makes montages has good taste in music. I don't get why.

Luminosity had a good playlist going on in his stream last I checked.

Afrocious

most music i've heard in montages and streams is softer than baby thighs

for destiny 2, chief keef should do the ending music instead of paul mccartney

GhaleonEB

Etheric light will probably go towards Variks/Queens rep. So for all intents and purposes useless

Yeah, it will probably go the commendation route, be consumed for rep, guessing 250.

Yeah, I don't think members of the investment team play this game for considerable amount of hours. They have recently been making some bad decisions. I'm worried they hired some "economist" that is directing change based on spreadsheets.

For instance, I see no justification for removing faction rep from NF.

I think they do - everyone the team plays a great deal, especially the decision makers. But they are making their decisions in part on their own experience and in part on data from the player base as a whole. Which is not to say they always make the right decisions (weapon parts).

The NF one remains utterly baffling, though.

my montage rules:

3. no tacky transitions.
You finally won me over, TG. I hate most of these teenager montages.

E92 M3

I've been busy today and it's the afternoon, normally sitting about 70% around this time of day.

Yeah, I know. It's just funny how it happens all the time when people post pics.

Yeah, it will probably go the commendation route, be consumed for rep, guessing 250.

I think they do - everyone the team plays a great deal, especially the decision makers. But they are making their decisions in part on their own experience and in part on data from the player base as a whole. Which is not to say they always make the right decisions (weapon parts).

The NF one remains utterly baffling, though.

Sometimes it's hard to believe everyone plays like we do, but for the sake of Destiny, I hope you're right.

Korosenai

That would certainly piss me off. Those are the people I hope so badly to rematch them. But obviously not with this new matchmaking in terms of back to back rematch.

I'll never forget my first xb1 Trials with Korosenai and Doge / Cha. A team beat us on our 6-0 card with mercy, we beat another team, then had to rematch them at 7-0 and they messaged us at the beginning of the round "Back out Kappa".

Good times... felt amazing when we won.

Afrocious

question: how often do people use their armsday stuff?

despite the excitement people have for what they get on wednesday, i rarely ever see anyone using armsday weapons outside of a rocket or sniper.

question: how often do people use their armsday stuff?

despite the excitement people have for what they get on wednesday, i rarely ever see anyone using armsday weapons outside of a rocket or sniper.

I know Nirwen, Hawksaw and Hung Jury are the absolute best, so I don't ever bother with the armsday primaries.

Edit top of page:

xct7Kb0.jpg

What a blatant Xur ripoff.

E92 M3

That would certainly piss me off. Those are the people I hope so badly to rematch them. But obviously not with this new matchmaking in terms of back to back rematch.

I'll never forget my first xb1 Trials with Korosenai and Doge / Cha. A team beat us on our 6-0 card with mercy, we beat another team, then had to rematch them at 7-0 and they messaged us at the beginning of the round "Back out Kappa".

Good times... felt amazing when we won.

I remember this.

Top Bottom