• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Afrocious

I know Nirwen, Hawksaw and Hung Jury are the absolute best, so I don't ever bother with the armsday primaries.

Edit top of page:

xct7Kb0.jpg

What a blatant Xur ripoff.

that's the impression i got

also destiny needs a chicago typewriter

nowai

question: how often do people use their armsday stuff?

despite the excitement people have for what they get on wednesday, i rarely ever see anyone using armsday weapons outside of a rocket or sniper.

I still love and use my (I think) week 2 Herja-D from the gunsmith. It has Headseeker, Rangefinder, Injection Mold and the fantastic SD Thermal scope.People tend to hate on Headseeker, but I generally win 1v1 encounters against the same 14 impact pulse archetypes.

I am very much looking forward to an ace roll for the Suros PDX-45 and although it kicks like a mule, a Lyudmila-D with Counterbalance and Hand-Laid Stock.

question: how often do people use their armsday stuff?

despite the excitement people have for what they get on wednesday, i rarely ever see anyone using armsday weapons outside of a rocket or sniper.

I got a decent roll PDX-45 from a level up package which I used in all my trials games this week. If a decent roll PDX-45 is one of the options on Wednesday I expect to see lots of them in trials next week.

I got a decent roll PDX-45 from a level up package which I used in all my trials games this week. If a decent roll PDX-45 is one of the options on Wednesday I expect to see lots of them in trials next week.
I learned that Gunsmith offers the same 3 roll choices if you buy the same weapon order using 3 different characters

hoping for on with Full Auto

matmanx1

So let me get this straight: There's supposed to be a patch this week (tomorrow?) that will include the weapon parts being sold at Banshee and a few other QoL improvements, right? And also scheduled to start tomorrow is Iron Banner, which will be Clash for the first time ever.

Did I get all of that right? I've been off Destiny for a couple of weeks and haven't been keeping track of the news. I do want to participate in Iron Banner, however.

OT37: dicksaw waving contest

:p

Fixed.

Please deliver us, December update!

(Side note: are we always going to be asking for a balance update to "deliver us"? At least this current meta isn't all about one or two exotic guns and we can actually have different rolls of legendaries and compete.)

WipedOut

So let me get this straight: There's supposed to be a patch this week (tomorrow?) that will include the weapon parts being sold at Banshee and a few other QoL improvements, right? And also scheduled to start tomorrow is Iron Banner, which will be Clash for the first time ever.

Did I get all of that right? I've been off Destiny for a couple of weeks and haven't been keeping track of the news. I do want to participate in Iron Banner, however.

Yep and having the patch launch during IB guarantees that you can't do the IB glitch.

Yep, the patch will probably drop at 10am PDT/6pm GMT to stop people glitching in

inthrall

...which will be Clash for the first time ever

I hadn't heard this (been a bit more out of the loop than usual), but oh boy KDR matters again. This means I'l be less happy with teammates who cant capture points, and only unhappy with people who can't PvP. Sounds like a step down to me
Iron Rift please bungee

Thanks gammacide and narasingh for helping with nightfall, got the gloves finally! :)

Did it a bunch of times, finally got the gloves. I can still help you if you don't have a third..

Any advice on that nightfall? I tried it Friday, but kept dying when the add wave came during the last portion of the boss fight with both bosses out.

What other godroll would we even be excited about though?

I need that Titan helmet.

taken-kinh-iron-banner-armor.png

LTWood12

good question

idk. another pulse would be boring. perhaps a scout rifle. or a sniper or rocket.

im holding out for gjally jr. unless truth fills that slot

This post gave me a thought. Bungie could increase the # of people playing in a given week ten fold if they were to put a year 2 Gjally in the loot table and not tell anyone. Someone gets it in a Nightfall and puts it on reddit. People would lose their goddamn minds.

E92 M3

Fixed.

Please deliver us, December update!

(Side note: are we always going to be asking for a balance update to "deliver us"? At least this current meta isn't all about one or two exotic guns and we can actually have different rolls of legendaries and compete.)

Only if Drizzay blesses it

please

WipedOut

This post gave me a thought. Bungie could increase the # of people playing in a given week ten fold if they were to put a year 2 Gjally in the loot table and not tell anyone. Someone gets it in a Nightfall and puts it on reddit. People would lose their goddamn minds.

It would get people to play NF again. I haven't done one in two weeks.

Any advice on that nightfall? I tried it Friday, but kept dying when the add wave came during the last portion of the boss fight with both bosses out.

Were you trying to solo it? Focus on the adds, let one person distract maaul while others kill ads. I use bad juju to build super due to trickle, can also use red death on adds to get health back.

When you're about to kill tulurn, make sure maaul is really weak so you can finish him off as soon as tulurn dies, thus avoiding the final wave of major adds.

LTWood12

Were you trying to solo it? Focus on the adds, let one person distract maaul while others kill ads. I use bad juju to build super due to trickle, can also use red death on adds to get health back.

When you're about to kill tulurn, make sure maaul is really weak so you can finish him off as soon as tulurn dies, thus avoiding the final wave of major adds.

He was playing with me. The third was someone I didn't know. He left after a few wipes, and me and John were bored of doing it. I'd already done it twice so I wasn't too torn up about quitting. The modifier combo is just really tough. Trickle plus Grounded, and small arms nerfing your sniper/shotgun and Heavy make it really tough if even one person isn't on point. The thirty second revive timer is the real killer.

He was playing with me. The third was someone I didn't know. He left after a few wipes, and me and John were bored of doing it. I'd already done it twice so I wasn't too torn up about quitting. The modifier combo is just really tough. Trickle plus Grounded, and small arms nerfing your sniper/shotgun and Heavy make it really tough if even one person isn't on point. The thirty second revive timer is the real killer.

Grounded is ass. The worst modifier ever.

StMeph

Is it possible to get loot from both Normal and Hard mode KF in a single week? I'm at 299 and having a hard time raising light level outside of raid gear.

Afrocious

What are you making?

i'm coding up an app that logs dropped gear players get.

right now, i'm at the hurdle of dealing with bungie's API. last week was rough, but i made enough progress to get a better grasp on accessing data.

what's your PSN? I can show you an example of what I can access (it's all public knowledge you can see on bungie's site so no worries there).

Top Bottom