• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

i'm coding up an app that logs dropped gear players get.

right now, i'm at the hurdle of dealing with bungie's API. last week was rough, but i made enough progress to get a better grasp on accessing data.

what's your PSN? I can show you an example of what I can access (it's all public knowledge you can see on bungie's site so no worries there).

I am on Xbox =/

LTWood12

Off to the Bday party. T-44 and I will be killing oryx tonight around 9:30-9:45 eastern. We'll need 4 more. Only really want to do it if we can get a solid group and get it done fast. Kinda done w/ the whole 'spend 2 hours on it and still not beat it.'

XenoRaven

Sitting on 150 Legendary marks now. All the vendor gear seems to be 280 which would be below my current Light. I already bought the Vanguard Ghost Shell. What should I use my marks on now? Save them for infusing? Buy an engram from the Cryptarch?

The second I got Boolean Gemini every Legendary Primary I've gotten has been a 280 Scout. I can't wait for Wednesday so I can unwrap this PDX-45.

Ghazi

Off to the Bday party. T-44 and I will be killing oryx tonight around 9:30-9:45 eastern. We'll need 4 more. Only really want to do it if we can get a solid group and get it done fast. Kinda done w/ the whole 'spend 2 hours on it and still not beat it.'
I'm down for a kill, I need my last one for the week.

GutZ31

Yeeeep. Combine that w/ an arena w/ very little cover and you're fish in a barrel.
It's doable, just not very fun with the waves of adds and grounded.

Usually have 1-2 people focus on add control only, while the other is on boss DPS.
Add call outs is also important, but you can still be over run if you grow a flashing light above your head that says "SHOOT ME".

Forcing yourself not to jump in the biggest problem for the nightfall.

question: how often do people use their armsday stuff?

despite the excitement people have for what they get on wednesday, i rarely ever see anyone using armsday weapons outside of a rocket or sniper.

I've grown quite partial to the Zarinaea-D by Hakke. I have quite a few auto rifles, but this one really felt good when I used it in the Crucible. You have to spec it out for high stability because it's all over the place, but when I used it I tore threw the competition.

PDX-41 is also a pretty good pulse rifle. I really think it can stand against the Nirwen's Mercy and Hawksaw.

ARI-45 is also very good auto rifle. It's rate of fire is a bit low, but it packs a nice punch. I used it in the Crucible for a good while. I only switched when I infused it to my Nirwen's Mercy because I liked the looks and perks of it. I kind of regret it, and I hope Banshee has it on Wednesday.

Afrocious

My experience is showing here, but I'm still torn about how to deal with users logging in. No one in their right mind would log into a site with their PSN/Xbox account that didn't redirect them to the official login pages.

Right now, I'm able to log into PSN using my app without having to do any redirects on the user's end. I'm able to access all my characters' info. The process is easy:

1) I log into PSN. That puts a cookie on my machine.

2) That cookie can be given to Bungie. Bungie gives the machine a new cookie that says "Hey! This guy has permission to access and swap gear and such on their character!"

The problem is figuring out how to make something that grabs all of a player's characters' inventories, saves their current state, and then updates itself when new gear is obtained. That new gear is to be logged. The only way to get such data is by logging in, and again, nobody's going to log into some app that isn't Sony/Microsoft/Bungie made.

DIM requires people to log into Bungie before it works. DIM has access to chrome, so it can grab cookies and such. A part of me is thinking about making a Chrome Extension, but I don't know how to do that and if Extensions can seriously hold data in a database.

He was playing with me. The third was someone I didn't know. He left after a few wipes, and me and John were bored of doing it. I'd already done it twice so I wasn't too torn up about quitting. The modifier combo is just really tough. Trickle plus Grounded, and small arms nerfing your sniper/shotgun and Heavy make it really tough if even one person isn't on point. The thirty second revive timer is the real killer.

This. Started with a friend and someone else joined in. Was originally doing on my warlock. We wiped quite a few times. Changed to my Titan (that was actually lower in light), bubble FTW, we did it at the 2nd try. But men, the 30 seconds timer, just yargh. Specialty if only one person is standing and there are adds all over and you are at the same time trying to stay alive and keeping your eye for the cooldown on revive

Saying that, not as tough as the SABER strike for SS. Did it again today on my warlock, and the first few tries were just painful on the Warsat part :(

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to beat Oryx in under 2 hours. It cannot be done.

coy

Sitting on 150 Legendary marks now. All the vendor gear seems to be 280 which would be below my current Light. I already bought the Vanguard Ghost Shell. What should I use my marks on now? Save them for infusing? Buy an engram from the Cryptarch?

The second I got Boolean Gemini every Legendary Primary I've gotten has been a 280 Scout. I can't wait for Wednesday so I can unwrap this PDX-45.
There are some good vendor weapons if you need to fill some holes. New Monarchy has a good shotgun for PvE if you didn't get the Armsday one a few weeks back, FWC has a great PvP RL (again, if the Armsday one wasn't gotten), and many folks love their Hung Jury from Dead Orbit. You can also get Y2 versions of Y1 exotics if you need them updated. Otherwise, yeah save for infusing to increase your LL. Buy engrams after you've hit higher LL I would say.

For Armsday, if you do not like the perks on the weapon this Wednesday, feel free to hold onto it for another week waiting for a better roll. It'll take up a slot, but that's a small price to pay if you're seeking a fantastic roll.

XenoRaven

There are some good vendor weapons if you need to fill some holes. New Monarchy has a good shotgun for PvE if you didn't get the Armsday one a few weeks back, FWC has a great PvP RL (again, if the Armsday one wasn't gotten), and many folks love their Hung Jury from Dead Orbit. You can also get Y2 versions of Y1 exotics if you need them updated. Otherwise, yeah save for infusing to increase your LL. Buy engrams after you've hit higher LL I would say.

For Armsday, if you do not like the perks on the weapon this Wednesday, feel free to hold onto it for another week waiting for a better roll. It'll take up a slot, but that's a small price to pay if you're seeking a fantastic roll.
Thanks. Looks like using Marks to up my LL isn't going to work anymore, so I need dem dropz.

Deku Tree

My experience is showing here, but I'm still torn about how to deal with users logging in. No one in their right mind would log into a site with their PSN/Xbox account that didn't redirect them to the official login pages.

Right now, I'm able to log into PSN using my app without having to do any redirects on the user's end. I'm able to access all my characters' info. The process is easy:

1) I log into PSN. That puts a cookie on my machine.

2) That cookie can be given to Bungie. Bungie gives the machine a new cookie that says "Hey! This guy has permission to access and swap gear and such on their character!"

The problem is figuring out how to make something that grabs all of a player's characters' inventories, saves their current state, and then updates itself when new gear is obtained. That new gear is to be logged. The only way to get such data is by logging in, and again, nobody's going to log into some app that isn't Sony/Microsoft/Bungie made.

DIM requires people to log into Bungie before it works. DIM has access to chrome, so it can grab cookies and such. A part of me is thinking about making a Chrome Extension, but I don't know how to do that and if Extensions can seriously hold data in a database.

Both loadouts and Ishtar academy for iOS can do what you want. The developers of both are on Reddit. I even remember reading a post where the developer of Ishtar described how that worked. I think basically you can hold onto a token that allows you to maintain access to the b.net account of the user for a while, you need to repot in every few weeks. I'm not a programmer though.

Kaiken

Banned

I'll be on around that time and need the kill also.

E92 M3

I can see that with one character, you've cleared 136 raids out of 398. Your other characters haven't gotten that much use in raids it seems lol.

I guess going in and backing out to orbit counts as a go? And my other characters are relatively new made for TTK. I used to run 3 hunters before TTK. Ended up hating it so much.

Top Bottom