• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

I guess that is opposed to everything is hand cannons and running away from golden guns/blade dancers. I don't see much difference honestly.

images

Once they get 'balanced' everyone will go on to being pissed about the next Op thing and lamenting that the old Crucible was so much better. Destiny forums have evolved into Mmo forums at last and are just a never ending bunch of people playing the game for hundreds of hours while being incredibly salty and saying that,'this is the last straw, if Bungie/Blizzard/Whoever don't fix this I will finally quit.'.

Shiv47

Looks like I just missed out on an Oryx group tonight; if anyone else still needs HM Oryx, I'd love to finish it tonight, after 9:30EST? I should have the checkpoint from a run earlier this week if no one else does. PSN shiv2099.

images

Once they get 'balanced' everyone will go on to being pissed about the next Op thing and lamenting that the old Crucible was so much better. Destiny forums have evolved into Mmo forums at last and are just a never ending bunch of people playing the game for hundreds of hours while being incredibly salty and saying that,'this is the last straw, if Bungie/Blizzard/Whoever don't fix this I will finally quit.'.

I concur.

What are some vendor weapons I can pick up for the crucible?

Hawksaw would be the first, and you can get that from The Crucible Quartermaster. You can also get Ruin Wake from him, as it's a pretty good machine gun.

Depending on what your faction alliance, you can get Hung Jury from Dead Orbit, The Villany from Future War Cult or Burden of Proof XI from New Monarchy.

The Vanguard Quartermaster has Apple of Discord which is decent, but it's not my style of weapon.

Look into Armsday weapons for Crucible as well. I made a post earlier about some nice decent Crucible weapons that Banshee sells.

Ghazi

Everything up to Oryx isn't too hard and shouldn't take that long, and I generally run raids with LFG groups so it should be easier on GAF. Trials is all I do for primaries over 310.

I don't remember the "Everything was AutoRifles" mostly because it wasn't just ARs but Suros Regime.

Xur sold it, and it was a crazy good weapon that every used.

I don't remember the meta getting to the point where other ARs were really being used, mostly because a lot of other ARs were of the no-impact variety.

GhaleonEB

These quests are pretty fun. Bungie did a lot better job with encounter design in TTK.

*Fear's Embrace*

43f.gif

My two major critiques of TTK are: 1) they had enough content to remove padding, but didn't, and 2) Fear's Embrace.

The Wolves of Mars quest line is a good example of the first. Hunt some Wolves on Mars, in a callback to the HoW events, then three solid to great missions back to back, with a unique boss battle at the end, and great exotic as the reward. It's a great quest line, has interesting story elements with revealing interactions between Variks and Petra.

It's also gated by Variks demand to kill huge numbers of Fallen on the Moon, Earth and Venus before we can get to it. It's one of those additions that actually subtracts from the quality of the quest and from the experience. And there are many other examples where good stuff is gated or otherwise prefaced by poorly thought out check list objectives.

TTK is filled with good stuff, but I hope next year's expansion let's us go straight to the good stuff.

And also nothing as bad as Fear's Embrace it in. My god.

Afrocious

Since I chilled out on Destiny throughout the week, I have a bunch of stuff I'm up for doing, like HM raids, Nightfalls, and 1 more flawless ToO.

PM me here or hit me up on PSN: Afrodeeziyak

I'm going to be working on bounties in a second, so I'll be online. Yo Ape, Todd, Nami, or anyone else, I'm down for Trials on my main finally.

XenoRaven

My two major critiques of TTK are: 1) they had enough content to remove padding, but didn't, and 2) Fear's Embrace.

The Wolves of Mars quest line is a good example of the first. Hunt some Wolves on Mars, in a callback to the HoW events, then three solid to great missions back to back, with a unique boss battle at the end, and great exotic as the reward. It's a great quest line, has interesting story elements with revealing interactions between Variks and Petra.

It's also gated by Variks demand to kill huge numbers of Fallen on the Moon, Earth and Venus before we can get to it. It's one of those additions that actually subtracts from the quality of the quest and from the experience. And there are many other examples where good stuff is gated or otherwise prefaced by poorly thought out check list objectives.

TTK is filled with good stuff, but I hope next year's expansion let's us go straight to the good stuff.

And also nothing as bad as Fear's Embrace it in. My god.
This is somehow worse than the fight in Rasputin's bunker from the CE storyline. This is literally every shitty thing about Destiny encounter design wrapped up into one terrible boss fight.

Next time I walk into a boss room and it's a circular arena, I'm just going to shoot myself. These things are always trouble.

Not gonna lie - I wish we got tokens or something from Trials so we could buy Trials gear instead of relying on drops.

I'm really not liking the whole 2 pieces of gear everytime the event happens.

It's not so bad with Trials because Trials is every week, but Iron banner is like every 4-6 weeks and I don't want to wait for 2-3 months for a shot at a helmet or chest piece.

I really don't understand what the deal is with being so restrictive on the gear we can earn. I mean, I know the argument is people will leave if they have everything they can get, but I don't believe it.

I think the people who like to own everything will do just that, want to own everything. They'll want to own the full IB set, Trials set, Raid set, DO, FWC, and New Monarchy Set, Vanguard set, Sublime set, etc...

Dammit Bungie, just be more generous with your shit.

I don't remember the "Everything was AutoRifles" mostly because it wasn't just ARs but Suros Regime.

Xur sold it, and it was a crazy good weapon that every used.

I don't remember the meta getting to the point where other ARs were really being used, mostly because a lot of other ARs were of the no-impact variety.

Was it not? I feel like it was exactly the same.

A subset of Auto Rifles were the most relevant PvP items. In the same way there are most certainly some average PRs now, it's just where the highest DPS was at the time.

I remember stuff like Shadow Price being a pain in the ass.

Nightz

Was it not? I feel like it was exactly the same.

A subset of Auto Rifles were the most relevant PvP items. In the same way there are most certainly some average PRs now, it's just where the highest DPS was at the time.

I remember stuff like Shadow Price being a pain in the ass.
I miss my Shadow Price. :(

xD

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping for some balancing bits and bobs.

How long has it historically taken for Bungie to balance the game, with updates?

Depends on how egregious they think something is.

Auto Rifles were almost immediately nerfed. Shotguns were torn down and it took the end of TDB for them to be buffed to usable levels(PvE wise atleast). Mythoclast was similar to auto rifles, nerfed about a month or so in IIRC.

General balance changes have usually come by expansion, ie hand cannon buffs/scout rifle buffs, 2.0 brought the great sorrow with pulse rifles becoming overbuffed.

D_psipher

8-0 trials match with no mercy. The lag was crazy. We killed a guy and it remove the death skull for him and put it back. There where all kinds of crazy occurrences in that match. I hate to lose a flawless to people's connection. But that is the gamble we take with Trials 2.0.

Top Bottom