• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

^@TG: you should PM him unless you'd prefer someone else do it in which case me or Colonel or whoever can do it.

TG I wonder if Luke comes out of hiding to reply to that one. ;)

People had talked about this a little while ago so I wanted to mention something for the general record, not specifically related to this comment.

Traditionally Luke has gone many consecutive OTs without posting here so there's nothing strange about it. I don't think posting activity is remotely related to community enthusiasm or lack thereof, but rather his schedule as a human being with a job and a life and free will. Deej has maybe 10 Gaf posts ever and not in the OT for an extremely long time. I think that ship has sailed, it's not part of his community activities.

In terms of Bungie's community forum priorities, I think the ranking goes:

1.) Bungie.net
--smallish gap--
2.) Reddit
--large gap--
3.) Neogaf

I'm sure the popular streamers and Youtubers also factor much higher than us for their community focus. Of course I'm biased but I think the best Destiny discussion happens here.

LTWood12

Triplike might be including family with significant other, depends upon where your at in life (spouse and/or possibly kids or single) I guess.

That's true. Afro and I are younger though.

Me especally. I think there were only one or two people in DestinyGAF younger than me.

I read 'relationships' as all-encompassing, not just romantic relationships. If we're strictly talking dating, I'd say career > that most of the time.

dude

career > relationships > games and hobbies

in that order or you'll regret it.

hmm more like

Build a career that does not take too much of living life to the fullest away > relationships > games and hobbies

To many people just focus on work and they get to busy to do anything else. :)

^@TG: you should PM him unless you'd prefer someone else do it in which case me or Colonel or whoever can do it.

People had talked about this a little while ago so I wanted to mention something for the general record, not specifically related to this comment.

Traditionally Luke has gone many consecutive OTs without posting here so there's nothing strange about it. I don't think posting activity is remotely related to community enthusiasm or lack thereof, but rather his schedule as a human being with a job and a life and free will. Deej has maybe 10 Gaf posts ever and not in the OT for an extremely long time. I think that ship has sailed, it's not part of his community activities.

1.) Bungie.net
--smallish gap--
2.) Reddit
--large gap--
3.) Neogaf

I'm sure the popular streamers and Youtubers also factor much higher than us for their community focus. Of course I'm biased but I think the best Destiny discussion happens here.

There was a time when Bungie posted on Neogaf more than their own forums. How the times have changed...

And thanks for reminding me that people lurk this thread.

LTWood12

Of course I'm biased but I think the best Destiny discussion happens here.

B5E770AE93DE10FB3B493347ADDAF8A32DE98DBE

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am holding back when I see people say Halo 5's SP and MP is light years ahead of Destiny.

I'm up for some IB. Depending on how good rewards are this time. And dead Orbit just dropped me the new ship. Yuck.

E92 M3

I am holding back when I see people say Halo 5's SP and MP is light years ahead of Destiny.

I'm up for some IB. Depending on how good rewards are this time. And dead Orbit just dropped me the new ship. Yuck.

Who would say such a thing? They are completely different beasts and experiences.

darthbob

I love Star Wars, but everyone is on TFA hype machine and the only thing that looks appealing to me is the cinematography. The first full length trailer was amazing and every trailer since has deflated my hype.

Ah, that explains it.

It's hard to do, but going on a media blackout would probably be for the best. JJ's signature directing style sure does look good for TFA :D

phen0m24

1.) Bungie.net
--smallish gap--
2.) Reddit
--large gap--
3.) Neogaf

I bet he might actually respond to you guys. He wouldn't even know my name unless Dan or Dawn smacked him with a corn cob at lunch and said "Colonel O CORN! Get it?" ;)

Secondly, a more pressing question. Drizz of those two gaps you mentioned, smallish and large gap, are we safe to assume one of those is Twilight? ;) :p Gotcha!!

There was a time when Bungie posted on Neogaf more than their own forums. How the times have changed...

Urk? I'm sorry, did Twilight say Urk?

:)

Dear Luke and Urk, come back. We have reached the doldrums. Drizzy says yo' busy but we think our infighting's gotcha hiding. ;)

Babycomeback.gif

noomi

IB Question...

Does the million million shader give more IB rep than gold spiral? Same with the rank 5 emblem vs the earlier one?

Strider

Did the HC telemetry kills for the First Curse quest today in anticipation of the December balance update. I'd be kicking myself if they buffed it only to not have completed the quest yet.

But man this whole "wait for armsday" thing they've got going on in TTK....
rage.gif

Go out and have fun man. Destiny ain't going anywhere.

Personally, I'd rank them
Relationships > Career > Hobbies

Vietnam really showed Lt. Dan the importance of relationships.

edit: what a terrible page topper. And by relationships, i don't just mean romantic relationships, but everyone you care about.

dude

career > relationships > games and hobbies

in that order or you'll regret it.

1) Family (immediate, wife/husband/kids)
2) Balance between Relationships (Other family & friends, girlfriend/boyfriend/fiance), Career and Hobbies

#2 is tough because if you go too far with either of the 3, you won't be completely happy, IMO. It also depends how close you are with your girlfriend / boyfriend / fiance. Very subjective!

The last couple of years, I focused too much on myself (career and personal stupidity/girls). I left my hobbies and relationships behind. I needed to give more time relationships and hobbies, while not compromising career.

jesus you're more of a downer than alcohol

i'm just honest (and bipolar).

i'll probably end up liking it because it's Star Wars, but i'm not going crazy about it. 9 months ago i was all "must be in this state on this week so i can go to the movies with these people" and now i'm like "eh...no rush, maybe i'll wait till it comes out on bluray."

DGAF seems very small if you only look at the regular posters but there are tons of lurkers. Gaf's format just doesn't lend itself to community observation like Reddit where the most popular stuff is sorted to the top. On here there's a lot of LFG and fluff/fun/off-topic posts that dilute the discussion and make it harder to follow. Of course that's part of the charm and community health that we all love but it's not gonna be the best time investment for Bungie.

LTWood12

DGAF seems very small if you only look at the regular posters but there are tons of lurkers. Gaf's format just doesn't lend itself to community observation like Reddit where the most popular stuff is sorted to the top. On here there's a lot of LFG and fluff/fun/off-topic posts that dilute the discussion and make it harder to follow. Of course that's part of the charm and community health that we all love but it's not gonna be the best time investment for Bungie.

Very true. I may go the better part of a day without posting, but it's rare that I don't read every post.

Afrocious

women want men who play destiny.

just say that you have a 319 ghost and have real estate on mercury.

i'm just honest (and bipolar).

i'll probably end up liking it because it's Star Wars, but i'm not going crazy about it. 9 months ago i was all "must be in this state on this week so i can go to the movies with these people" and now i'm like "i'll wait till it comes out on bluray."

Yeah I remember you mentioning you were bipolar, but I didn't think that would affect stuff like opinions on movies. *shrug* IDK.

That's rough though man if you gotta plan around state of mind. You ever get your living situation improved?

GlamFM

Banned

But still, Luke came here to make the very important and often quoted microtransaction/xp boost clarification.

women want men who play destiny.

just say that you have a 319 ghost and have real estate on mercury.

My woman wants me to play the new Tomb Raider so she can watch.. .

For the core people? Probably not, but am sure some Bungie folk could find themselves a regular home here. Maybe in the future where every other Destiny thread isn't toxic.

E92 M3

I remember some people liked my idea earlier: You can put weekly discussions points in the OT for Bungie to look at if they want. A psuedo-elegant solution to consolidate information.

XenoRaven

I'm OK with people liking things I don't like, but I have an especially bad reaction when people overly praise Halo 5. I read a post that said it was the "best Halo campaign" and I can't fathom the world this person lives in.

noomi

Did the HC telemetry kills for the First Curse quest today in anticipation of the December balance update. I'd be kicking myself if they buffed it only to not have completed the quest yet.

But man this whole "wait for armsday" thing they've got going on in TTK....
rage.gif

If they bring back hand cannons, I'm going to be a very happy guardian.

Both give the same

No difference in rep among them

Gotcha, thanks.

Also Rubenov now has an avatar! :eek: Rick Grimes babeh!

If somebody said they liked TTK's campaign more than Halo 5's, I probably wouldn't be able to argue with them.

Reach will be on Xbox backwards compatability soon and I can't wait to give it a replay. Most people on Xbox have probably already played Halo, but to those who haven't you should check it out then. It's how I imagine Destiny's story missions might have turned out. The games are similar in a lot of ways.

Strider

If they bring back hand cannons, I'm going to be a very happy guardian.

If all 3 of The Last Word, Ace of Spades, and First Curse become good weapons that I can rotate depending on map....
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

I'll play so much crucible my PS4 will overheat and explode.

If somebody said they liked TTK's campaign more than Halo 5's, I probably wouldn't be able to argue with them.

Reach will be on Xbox backwards compatability soon and I can't wait to give it a replay. Most people on Xbox have probably already played Halo, but to those who haven't you should check it out then. It's how I imagine Destiny's story missions might have turned out. The games are similar in a lot of ways.

I'll be down to give Reach a replay!

I still need to finish Halo 2 on Legendary still, ugh. I have about 4 missions to go. Then off to either ODST or 3. If only MCC connection with coop wasn't trash-tier, it'd be awesome

I've yet to play Halo 5 campaign since I started to play through the entire series.

1 (done)
Finish 2
3/ODST

Reach.

Last week was the first ever week I didn't do any raids, and I haz no ragrats. :D

Top Bottom