• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

It´s also not 18 gigs. It´s stacking on previous patches - as always ;)

It wanted me to redownload my 18 gigs lol. That or my PS4 was taking it slow on checking my 18 gigs.

...I wonder, the bigger the game get, the worse this checking is going to get, and the PS4 seems to be having problems with it ._.

GlamFM

Banned
It wanted me to redownload my 18 gigs lol. That or my PS4 was taking it slow on checking my 18 gigs.

...I wonder, the bigger the game get, the worse this checking is going to get, and the PS4 seems to be having problems with it ._.

It will say 18gigs, but the progress bar will already be at the end while actually downloading.

Patch notes are pretty much as advertised. A few nice things like being able to delete Laruea Primea without it being given to me OVER AND OVER is nice.

Most of the patch is dedicated to fixing the Crucible from the complete screwup that was Crucible Quests.

Still was hoping for some more quality of life updates outside of the Crucible.

Mindlog

LOL

The new Crucible quest line is pretty easy. God that quest sucked.

Give me a 320 exotic for that shit :|
Good fixes, but mostly meh. Correcting a lot of bad design is a step in the right direction I guess.

Time to look up and be surprised by the extremely affordable weapon part pricing.
250 Glimmer for 5 weapon parts
Which brings up a good point. They should just take the next logical step and get rid of weapon parts.

Frenden

Banned
I know the usual checking vs. actual download stuff, but I think mine is REALLY redownloading everything this time. Six hours left. Fuck.

GhaleonEB

When people talk about Halo 3 though, I feel like they're only mentioning The Storm, The Ark and The Covenant (with Tsavo Highway and the last level making a few lists).

Reach was much indeed more consistent on that end. My least favorite level is probably Nightfall, but everything else has their strong points.

For me, the first mission through The Covenant (bit of a dip for Cortana) is the best run of missions Bungie has made; the dam fight on Sierra 117, the Brute pack hallway on Crow's Nest, vehicular demolition derby on Tsavo - every level has a classic, brilliant encounter or two (or five). But it's also the only game they've done with strong internal, mission to mission pacing: it's a steady escalation in scale and sandbox complexity straight through The Covenant. (Though personally, the Storm will always be king for its alternation of open infantry encounters and vehicular brawls.) I feel like Reach was like, a solid 8 across the board (with New Alexandria the high, no pun intended), but it was so even keel nothing stood out. And the combat sandbox really throttled a lot of the encounter design (the introduction of the DMR demolished the golden tripod, but I'll hold off on one of my five page rants there).

Deku Tree

My patch is at 1.8 GB slowing moving up and acting like it's going to download the full 18GB lol.

250 Glimmer for 5 weapon parts

that's 1000 glimmer for 50 rep.
previously the cheapest way to buy rep from the gunsmith was 950 glimmer for 25 rep.

so with weapons parts it costs 50,000 glimmer for one faction rank up.

Or I can spend 200 ascendant shards to get one faction rank up.

That's a big discount over the old pre-patch price.

thx Bungie.

TP-DK

I know the usual checking vs. actual download stuff, but I think mine is REALLY redownloading everything this time. Six hours left. Fuck.

Try to stop it and start it again. The same thing happened to one of my friends with the last update and he got it to work normal after stopping it.

sephi22

1/18 GB done. It seems like the PS4 patch needs the entire 18 gigs. Weird coz the XB1 patch is 100+ MB (as seen on Broman's stream)

Frenden

Banned
Try to stop it and start it again. The same thing happened to one of my friends with the last update and he got it to work normal after stopping it.
Yeah. Tried that. Tried cancelling completely too. Each patch this happens to a small number of us. Never me before. I guess I was due!

For me, the first mission through The Covenant (bit of a dip for Cortana) is the best run of missions Bungie has made; the dam fight on Sierra 117, the Brute pack hallway on Crow's Nest, vehicular demolition derby on Tsavo - every level has a classic, brilliant encounter or two (or five). But it's also the only game they've done with strong internal, mission to mission pacing: it's a steady escalation in scale and sandbox complexity straight through The Covenant. (Though personally, the Storm will always be king for its alternation of open infantry encounters and vehicular brawls.) I feel like Reach was like, a solid 8 across the board (with New Alexandria the high, no pun intended), but it was so even keel nothing stood out. And the combat sandbox really throttled a lot of the encounter design (the introduction of the DMR demolished the golden tripod, but I'll hold off on one of my five page rants there).

That's a good point. Halo 3 had a steady escalation which makes it more like an action movie, whereas Reach had more of a documentary feeling to it, touching on various points throughout history. I'd say it climaxed at Long Night of Solace though.

I personally don't hold the dam and hallway parts of those two missions too highly and am usually running Tsavo Highway on foot, but I see where you're coming from.

As for the DMR, I don't think that weapon was an issue so much as the way the weapons felt interacting with the Covenant. None of them really felt good to shoot the Covenant with I thought.

My patch is at 1.8 GB slowing moving up and acting like it's going to download the full 18GB lol.

previously the cheapest way to buy rep from the gunsmith was 950 glimmer for 25 rep.

thx Bungie.

Rep turn-ins have accordingly been reduced in value from 75 Rep back down to 50 Rep per 25 Parts

Deku Tree

gatekeeper checkpoint will be hot shit once again

You'll be able to do a faction rank up every 1-1.5 hours buying weapons parts and farming NM GK for real.

And I can get double glimmer with my glimmer ghost plus blue polyphage because they stack..

EDIT:

Rep turn-ins have accordingly been reduced in value from 75 Rep back down to 50 Rep per 25 Parts

You'll notice in my post that I noticed that and I used 50 rep per 25 parts.

E92 M3

thx Bungie.

Still a rip off - no way am I spending 200 hard earned shards for 1 rank. I am holding on to all of my ascended materials until I truly need them lol.

Afrocious

mfw reading the crucible quest is feasible now and i can buy weapon parts

latest

Top Bottom