• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Tapejara

Nightfall was good to me this week. Got the Taniks cloak (only 293 defense, but it looks sick) and a 309 defense Vanguard shell. Finally got up to 298 light!

HwZaJGW.jpg

Still lost the match.
Did get top score though, so I can finish that bounty once I'm rank 4. Got lucky with a ton of machine gun kills.
I'm really liking the PDX. I just can't use Red Death, Hawksaw or Nirwen's. They feel weird to me.

flkraven

How do you guys handle the slow feeling of Glide? It'st just the jump but trying to go from Titan to Lock and it feels like everyone else is running laps around me :(

Use the 'initial boost' option on the lock. Literally changed my world (I main a Titan).

So with the Iron Banner drops, do they always have the same perks as their vendor equivalent or are they random? I just got my first drop, a titan chest piece, and its perks are exactly the same as the vendor version.

That's how many potential loot drops?
A significant portion of my loot drops have been harrowed 310.
None of my loot drops have been 319 or higher.

WAI

Roughly 5-6 potential rolls per raid I think? Not counting Exotic chest. Then there's also the guaranteed roll on the first Oryx clear I think? That would be, on the low end, 75 rolls.

However rolls are always completely random. So not getting a drop the first 50 times doesn't make you any more likely to get a drop in the next 25. Then you have to account for the individual percentage weight for each item (which is unknown to players afaik). So, purely by numbers, it's not out of the question that people would roll dupes or would see either incremental improvements or none at all.

I feel like the feeling of hitting a loot wall could be reduced if Bungie just spread the drops more evenly across the bosses.

the_id

Had a fun run with iron banner last night with a GAF train. KDR is improving heaps and I feel less sweaty playing PVP.

Can't wait to get home and jump on the train again with you guys.

On a side note, I've decided to invest in a proper gaming monitor. The Sony Bravia w900a is being hogged by the Mrs for Netflix and fucking medical lectures.

LTWood12

Catching up on podcasts, listening to the Planet Destiny one from the week after the first year two trials. The amount of incorrect information in the first ten minutes was astounding. I turned it off.

is it any fun?

Do you like King's Fall? Would you like a harder version of it? Then yes.

Catching up on podcasts, listening to the Planet Destiny one from the week after the first year two trials. The amount of incorrect information in the first ten minutes was astounding. I turned it off.

Send me a PSN message when you are on and can play tonight. I want you on the IB train.

what do we think Bungie is waiting for in terms of the exotics that are locked at the moment?

Chances are they are part of the December update.

They were held back/time-gated for whatever reason. I guess to give us something to look forward to?

Or, they're considered too powerful compared to all other year 2 exotics, so they're scrapped for now and won't come back until some time way later.

Still hilarious that a couple of the exotic armors leaked out into the wild. How did Bungie let that happen?

Would still love to know what the hell happened with the Skull a few weeks ago.

Like, are we just supposed to let that go? Bungie hasn't said one word about it. Should we expect more year 1 exotics to convert up? Was that just some horrible fluke that will never be repeated?

Would still love to know what the hell happened with the Skull a few weeks ago.

Like, are we just supposed to let that go? Bungie hasn't said one word about it. Should we expect more year 1 exotics to convert up? Was that just some horrible fluke that will never be repeated?

What happened is that every year one exotic armor likely has a year two version.

Waiting for bones, armamentarium and the ram to show up.

Just like Bad Juju and Red Death are dropping from oryx now, so will the rest...after subsequent stealth patches.

maxiell

Can you be more specific? Just curious.

I personally love King's Fall, but it is quite hard to carry people through it. With Vault of Glass and Crota, it was fun actually carrying weak groups through just through excellence of play. King's Fall needs a full team communicating and doing the right DPS.

It is disappointing to hear people requiring Touch of Malice for any encounter. It's really unnecessary.

GhaleonEB

Chances are they are part of the December update.

They were held back/time-gated for whatever reason. I guess to give us something to look forward to?

Or, they're considered too powerful compared to all other year 2 exotics, so they're scrapped for now and won't come back until some time way later.

My hypothesis is they wanted to slow roll out the other year 2 exotics 1) to provide a runway of content drops over the course of the year and 2) to (hopefully) build quests for them that are reflective of feedback to the ones that rolled out over the TTK launch window. I'm guessing it was the desire to have stuff release over the course of the year combined with wanting them tied to proper quests, which they didn't have resources for during TTK's development, that pushed them out. (And also tuning etc.)

My other hope is they are updating the current time gated quests that are mission specific so they can simply be run from the director on the 240/heroic flavors of the relevant mission. I'm fine with slow rolling out quests like that - the hunt was fun - but they should simply be available when they are released. Tyson seemed to acknowledge that in the BWU a while back, so I hope they go that route with the future exotic quests.

LTWood12

Can you be more specific? Just curious.

I personally love King's Fall, but it is quite hard to carry people through it. With Vault of Glass and Crota, it was fun actually carrying weak groups through just through excellence of play. King's Fall needs a full team communicating and doing the right DPS.

It is disappointing to hear people requiring Touch of Malice for any encounter. It's really unnecessary.

They're saying that the armor and weapon drops from after the match are seemingly random.

"one time every one of us happened to get a 300+ scout rifle after a match"

It's just the 7 wins weapon, same as old trials.

My hypothesis is they wanted to slow roll out the other year 2 exotics 1) to provide a runway of content drops over the course of the year and 2) to (hopefully) build quests for them that are reflective of feedback to the ones that rolled out over the TTK launch window. I'm guessing it was the desire to have stuff release over the course of the year combined with wanting them tied to proper quests, which they didn't have resources for during TTK's development, that pushed them out. (And also tuning etc.)

My other hope is they are updating the current time gated quests that are mission specific so they can simply be run from the director on the 240/heroic flavors of the relevant mission. I'm fine with slow rolling out quests like that - the hunt was fun - but they should simply be available when they are released. Tyson seemed to acknowledge that in the BWU a while back, so I hope they go that route with the future exotic quests.

I guess I just want something solid from Bungie about this. Like I literally want them to come out and say, "Hey, this was a mistake. This item wasn't supposed to have been sold yet." or "Xur has other Year 1 items in his potential inventory, cross your fingers every thursday from here on out."

Just something solid. I don't like when things appear broken/bugged/glitched and bungie doesn't acknowledge it at all until you see something in the patch notes.

The quests in general and for exotics are terrible imo, just stick them all in the loot table and be done with it. It's just an artificial barrier that stops people doing what they enjoy in the game

Edit Broman nails this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dz7K6kpWg&sns=em Goth also tweeted the same, he mentions what Kor says about Bungies continued silence on stuff just turns people away, if you can't do something for a week/month/year just say so. Instead we get fluffy weekly updates filled with ambiguous wording which no one can workout what's going to happen until we get the update/patch

Dave_6

I would love to run it w/ both you guys sometime.

I still wanna clear HM Oryx but I just haven't felt like it lately. Like has been mentioned earlier, my RNG in this raid has been fucking terrible and it's turned me away from the HM. My Titan still needs to go for it's first NM attempt.

GorillaJu

Was feeling some really awful lag during raids last night, some real bullshit. Maybe Iron Lagger effects?

- Stepping on bomb at Oryx and it wouldn't explode
- bubble at totems wouldn't pass over to other players
- dieing inside the bubble at Oryx
- Warpriest lag and delay

Da fug?

All of those things happened to me as well.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Logged into Destiny to run a Banner train with friends after playing a lot of Fallout. Went 26-8 pretty much every match. Glad to see I haven't lost my touch.

Also, god damn this thread is going slow as heck...
Abandonment due to Fallout.

Deku Tree

Destiny is set up so that the only reason to run HM KF is if you like the difficulty and you want to run more HM KF. The additional light levels and power gear is totally not really helping you in the slightest outside of HM KF.

About to start some IB.

Frenden, Afro, Puma, just hit me up when you're on. In the meantime anyone interested now...

PSN DirtyAquaticApe

Edit: 4 spots open

Top Bottom