• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

LordofPwn

I've lost track of how many hard clears i've done and i've only received 1 helm, for my warlock... at 311...
i've also never gotten a normal mode helm for my titan.

i do however have a 318 ToM, 320 1000yd stare, and a 319 terminus with persistence, and a 320 ghost which i got on like my first run.

LTWood12

Just realized that my first HM raid with LT & T-44 and others, that I totally forgot about the Unstable Light mechanic. We single-orbed him on our first try and I guess I was just lucky enough to never get the debuff. :-|

Edit: Just rewatching this from last week. When your girl hears you talking about Destiny.

You didn't forget about it during the encounter. we called it out everytime to watch for it. You'd have gotten out of there had you when tagged w/ the debuff. No doubt about it.

That video is incredible.

PuMa

Just bought tickets to PAX East.

No idea what to expect or how I'm even going to head up to Boston, but there you go.

Me too. I was camping that twitter acct like a hawk the past few days. STILL, the 3-days sold out in like 2 minutes. Oh well, only got Fri-Sat anyways and saved 5 bucks!

I'm weak and bought at badge for all three days individually.

Now to figure out where I'm going to stay and how I'm going to get there.

There's a hotel link on the PAX site. Big queue to get in there too so check it out quick. Some good deals on hotels. Lots to choose from.

I just pulled an Eirene from a Gunsmith package with Luck in the Chamber, Snapshot, and Unflinching. Only problem is that it has Condor scope.

Should I keep it? I don't have the God roll Eirene from last week (neglected ranking up Gunsmith until now).

My main question has to do with the Aim Assist of the various Eirene scopes. I can't find data on that anywhere. As I'm fairly new to PVP sniping, if Condor has more AA, it might actually be ideal for me.

Afrocious

Me too. I was camping that twitter acct like a hawk the past few days. STILL, the 3-days sold out in like 2 minutes. Oh well, only got Fri-Sat anyways and saved 5 bucks!

Nice. I bought all three just because, so I'm paying 45 bucks more, but oh well.

The hotels close by are expensive though. I'm trying to find an alternative - whether to find a hotel farther away and resort to using public transportation or to crash with someone. Dunno anyone who lives in Boston.

I'd be down with crashing with a GAFfer though.

PuMa

Nice. I bought all three just because, so I'm paying 45 bucks more, but oh well.

The hotels close by are expensive though. I'm trying to find an alternative - whether to find a hotel farther away and resort to using public transportation or to crash with someone. Dunno anyone who lives in Boston.

I found a hotel within 2 miles of the conference center for under $200 a night, which is a deal in boston. Still expensive though...

Xeyark

Unconfirmed Member

For South this year I got a hotel close to the convention center and my wife and I split the hotel with an online friend. Maybe you can find someone else who is going who is looking for someone.

We don't have anyone to split the room with for South next year yet. Hoping we can find someone.

Just bought tickets to PAX East.

No idea what to expect or how I'm even going to head up to Boston, but there you go.

You're going to the Commonwealth!? Try not to run into any Super Mutants..

If you don't find a GAFfer, check out AirBnB? I imagine it'll still be pricey though.

Got thorough he entire raid last last on heroic, an it took about 1:20 min. So awesome!!!

I didn't get anything over 313 for the second week in a row. :(

I've lost track of how many hard clears i've done and i've only received 1 helm, for my warlock... at 311...
i've also never gotten a normal mode helm for my titan.

i do however have a 318 ToM, 320 1000yd stare, and a 319 terminus with persistence, and a 320 ghost which i got on like my first run.
This is me. I keep getting weapons from hard mode but haven't gotten a single harrrowed helmet in 15 clears. And I just finally got normal helmets for my warlock and hunters this week.

ACTUALPROGRESSBOYS

Titan went from 314 to 315. Thanks for the invite Darknyss. :)
Nice! Glad the lag situation sorted itself out. I was worried we were gonna have the same issue as teh RESET BOYZ.

If I wasn't still missing hard helms I wouldn't really care about doing the raid to inch up 1 LL per week (if you're lucky). But I'm too much of a completionist :/

LordofPwn

HM has only been around for 5 weeks (counting this week). So that's a max of 15 runs if you ran it every week with all three characters.

destiny tracker has me at
Warlock: 4/5
Hunter: 3/4
TITAN: 5/5

not sure which is hard mode and which is normal, but i have not raided on my hunter yet this week. either way at best that's a 1 in 12 chance for a helm...

MrS

Banned
This game is dead and the community here is too in comparison to every other DLC release.

There used to be pages of requests for all sorts of content and now there's nothing.
Thank all of the following:

COD
Fallout
Battlefront
Tomb Raider (yeah, right)

plus everybody has HM KF on farm now and it has lost that 'new' feeling, meaning everybody is sick of repeating content and has migrated to those aforementioned games.

SheHateMe

Just caught up on the posts here.

My two cents that no one asked for: I am (was? Fallout 4's fault.) an avid Destiny player. *insert Number of hours, things accomplished, stuff no one cares about, etc. etc. etc.* I've been playing since the Alpha, and I have to admit that DGAF is the greatest when it came to grouping up.

With KF, however... I can group up with everyone and do the NM raid all day to a point. Some mistakes can happen, and we can talk someone through it; no problem. I've been both the newbie who knew nothing and the veteran calling out runs.

I have yet to touch HM. And with the current setup, I don't want to.

I can (and have... multiple times... ask iRAWR) make mistakes; when those mistakes cause the entire group to wipe, it makes it more difficult for people to want to keep going. When those mistakes happen at the beginning, it's even more soul draining. I don't want to be 1 of 6 and cause the group to throw away 15+ minutes because I made a mistake and we have to wipe. And then it happening again and again.

I don't want to be a burden. I don't want any of you to come back here and go "Instant__Vintage is a scrubby scrub who can't do XYZ and you should never group with him." I know (hope) that none of you will say that... but I don't really want you to think it either.

I think I'll tackle HM at a lot later date, possibly once I hit 310 (at 306). We'll see.

Sorry, Bungie. I can't waste other people's time.

The connections in Iron Banner are excelling, again

CUHgBWsWEAIOd-w.png

The Suros PDX isn't bad but i'm guessing you need the Hori or a god full auto roll to get the best out of it. Between Nirwens, Lyudmila and the Suros I'm finding Nirwens the best

Frenden

Banned
FYI, the IB HC has better stability and range than Fatebringer, higher AA, nearly double the handling/equip of most HCs in that impact class, and ~90 recoil pattern.

It feels great. If you didn't get an Imago Loop with a good roll, I think this may be better anyway.

LordofPwn

This is me. I keep getting weapons from hard mode but haven't gotten a single harrrowed helmet in 15 clears. And I just finally got normal helmets for my warlock and hunters this week.

If I wasn't still missing hard helms I wouldn't really care about doing the raid to inch up 1 LL per week (if you're lucky). But I'm too much of a completionist :/

I've only received a few primaries though. so i'm still trying to get those as well. i do joke everytime i do raid about how many fusion and shotguns i get. I think i got 3 shotguns and 4 fusion rifles so far this week.

Afrocious

That doesn't sound bad. Is that bad? I'm just a short drive up from CT fortunately. Where are you located?

lol puma i'm happy about the ticket price. I'm in NC.

However, I might drive. No clue yet. Someone on GAF is thinking about carpooling with me.

LTWood12

Just caught up on the posts here.

My two cents that no one asked for: I am (was? Fallout 4's fault.) an avid Destiny player. *insert Number of hours, things accomplished, stuff no one cares about, etc. etc. etc.* I've been playing since the Alpha, and I have to admit that DGAF is the greatest when it came to grouping up.

With KF, however... I can group up with everyone and do the NM raid all day to a point. Some mistakes can happen, and we can talk someone through it; no problem. I've been both the newbie who knew nothing and the veteran calling out runs.

I have yet to touch HM. And with the current setup, I don't want to.

I can (and have... multiple times... ask iRAWR) make mistakes; when those mistakes cause the entire group to wipe, it makes it more difficult for people to want to keep going. When those mistakes happen at the beginning, it's even more soul draining. I don't want to be 1 of 6 and cause the group to throw away 15+ minutes because I made a mistake and we have to wipe. And then it happening again and again.

I don't want to be a burden. I don't want any of you to come back here and go "Instant__Vintage is a scrubby scrub who can't do XYZ and you should never group with him." I know (hope) that none of you will say that... but I don't really want you to think it either.

I think I'll tackle HM at a lot later date, possibly once I hit 310 (at 306). We'll see.

Sorry, Bungie. I can't waste other people's time.

306 is low for Oryx, but fine for pretty much everything else. I'd be happy to run HM with you sometime. I'm afraid some of my posts are coming across as 'if you ever die i don't want to play with you', which is totally not what I was saying :(

LTWood12

I just realized, when I optimize gear, I'm 317 on my Titan and Hunter and 316 on my warlock.

Kreygasm

Daaaaaaamn

Hey thanks for the invite earlier. Hopefully we can ride a train together when I'm actually in the same room with my console, and using a controller/mic.

PuMa

lol puma i'm happy about the ticket price. I'm in NC.

However, I might drive. No clue yet. Someone on GAF is thinking about carpooling with me.

Damn, that'd be a long drive! At least it's later in the year this year, so the weather should be better. It was freezing last year.

Quantum

On Monday I did HM Daughters/Oryx with 4 people that had never done either. The two people who had completed it were rolling at 313/312 (me and a friend). All the first-timers were sub 310, as low as 306 & 307. Finished it with just the typical learning-of-mechanics growing pains. Not super quick, but banging it out in 2 hours with new runners wasn't too bad.

The funny thing is that the 306 guy was saying that it was okay to go on without him since he wasn't high enough LL. I am really getting sick of this because it is pretty baseless (not his mentality, but the fact that the community makes him feel this way). It's all about what weapons you have and can you survive. We did no knights due to the level disadvantage and he had ToM. Anyone with ToM that can survive hiding on a plate and detonating a bomb can get Oryx done.

See above.

such a great post, I recently started playing and have put about 150 hours in since the ttk release - I have enjoyed most of my time.

- I have a 306 warlock and have run oryx on normal 2x with decent pugs - was really fun
- since those runs I've just waited to roll 310's to level my light because I've been made to feel like this multiple time.
- I definitely am a casual player even though the game consumed me for a couple of weeks
- I won't run raids anymore because I've been made to feel like I'm wasting other players time.
- I am so turned off by the attitude of most players who invite me to a team, even when saying I'm a casual player - god forbid if you have difficulty making a jump or falling off the platform during daughters cuz you get ripped/torn
- the abusive language, the bullshit attitude - I realized I just don't need it.

- FWIW - I loved the TOM quest, really enjoyed getting it and it really made the daughters and oryx fights fun on the second (and last) time I've run the raid.

Well I'm not even sure what was negative about me acknowledging that I didn't have Iron Banner gear because I didn't like that meta during Year One's Iron Banner. That's just what it was.

My posts may read like i'm jaded, and I'm not going to deny that the majority of them are critical. If any one finds it depressing to read, they can use the handy ignore feature. If I could ignore half of my thoughts, I would, but it would be dishonest.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't say it's unusual. Neutral and positive discussion isn't stimulating - not nearly as much as negative discussion - because the former do not require creative thinking for solving problems. There's plenty of positive things to discuss about Destiny, or anything else for that matter, and I enjoy picking apart every aspect. But everybody already knows the good things; there's no value in me echoing them when they are only a part of the whole.

Could I put more time into conveying those thoughts? Absolutely, and I'm very much aware of that. Any time I have stepped away has been to reflect on that. But like you said, anyone who has played with me knows that my tone is very rarely as hostile as it may read. In fact, somebody on stream a few weeks ago said I was very chill, which surprised even me because I don't consider myself to be mellow. Quite the opposite in fact, but i don't exactly have the best of outlets presently.

I read all of your posts in Yoda's voice.

I enjoy long thought out posts, regardless of tone. I wouldn't ignore any thoughts because as you said, it'll no longer be 100% genuine then.

The main feel of the past month+ has been "raid loot sucks", including posts I've made to confirm that situation across both platforms. Helpful? Not really, but it is what it is. If a lot of us feel strongly about 1 thing, then it's not an anomaly, imo. There will always be 1-offs where some people are just lucky and see no problems with the current situation. Or in terms of PvP, some that really enjoy the static pulse rifle meta.

Top Bottom