• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

D_psipher

Not even that, matchmaking error/failure in Orbit counted as a loss. Didn't even land

Wow that is rough. Have stayed away from Trials because the because of things I have heard. I used to enjoy trying to get to the lighthouse during year 1 but these changes...just go back yo the way it was.

deafmedal

I was a bit miffed with the first mentions of TTK, not because Obama was gunna take my VoC, rather I could kinda guess that this is what was coming. I kept thinking to myself that the grind we had experienced the first year was just to prepare for the grind of today. The grind attempts to mask the lack of meaningful content and progression satisfaction suffers as a result. Weapons kinda feel same-y and nerfing weapon parts makes exploration tedious- why should I level this gun? I'm going to need my weapon parts to infuse-u-late that 282 *insert FOTM gun* up to 308! All because light on armor was too confusing. So we needed it on guns. And ghosts. And vials of virgin witch blood. And butt towels.

My three characters range from 308-311. At this point only 310+ stuff interests me as I want to git guuder and bigger numbers are better, right? I personally hate being 1-2 shot by any AI with hitscan, it feels cheap and is a direct result of being under leveled. Hard content that doesn't feel cheap is a little harder to come by- ToM's Fears Embrace comes to mind. Here's the kitchen sink, deal with it. Appropriately leveled, even over leveled it's still challenging but some acolyte doesn't drop you in one burst you can't escape. This is why Templar Oracles was one of my favorite fights, tough but freedom within the rules to get it done, and a blast when people start dropping :) Final round with 2 guardians up?! Awesome. But now we have too much armor and not enough incentive to run VoG/CE.

We really should have access to all three raids. I know (and understand why) that those weapons are forever lost to the dark corners of time and that is fine. What they could do is bump the levels and scatter some taken dudes around and give us bounties to clear all sections. Upon trashing Atheon/Scrota the bounty would complete and we'd get a cool drop, say a raid armor piece updated for the new light system along with updated perk system. This could drop from 300-310 while a "heroic" modifier on the bounty (i.e. complete raid without wiping) would drop 310-320 gear. Guarantee 1 min exotic from the whole drop pool per group and increased regular legendary gear drops from bosses...

Done.
Lots of fun PvE with rewards that are good to chase after. More 6 man PvE content. Having a punch-card bounty system eliminates checkpoints for lewtz. Bungie is kidding themselves if they think KF is going to last much longer than a handful more of weeks. There has to be a hook to get someone like me to come back after, say, FO4 and continue to play and *hopefully* buy more emotes (prolly shaders too...). KF as it currently stands as the only PvE way to progress isn't enough. Attempting to force someone who loves the PvE aspect to play PvP for any real chance *snicker* of progression will backfire.

How the game got bigger AND smaller at the same time baffles me. If the plan is to release the rest of the strikes back into rotation and/or new strikes, slowly and these challenge raids or whatever are similar to my daydream above, cool. If all we get is "events" like what is currently going on along with a few more time-gated exotic quests... uggh. And although I am a primarily PvE player, I recognize the state of Crucible right now. Big things gotta keep coming to ride out the ~year waiting period until Destiny 2 and there is plenty of old content that just needs sprucing up, I don't expect a new raid.

If this is basically it until Destiny 2, how many return?

The LAG of Osiris. Down 4-1 and came back when host switched. SMH
That happened to me too! I thought we were a goner but then the host got disconnected and we were able to turn things around. Afterwards I got a message from the other team calling me a cheater for lag and I was so confused.

lt519

Thanks Mr-S for the Oryx kill, smooth as can be. That strategy is 100x better than no knights.

Still need an Oryx clear NM or HM for the artifact, message me rarbusto if you are getting a group together.

MrS

Banned
Need 1 for a Trials bounty run. Mr-Stephen on PSN

Thanks Mr-S for the Oryx kill, smooth as can be. That strategy is 100x better than no knights.

Still need an Oryx clear NM or HM for the artifact, message me rarbusto if you are getting a group together.
Thanks man, really enjoyable and stress-free run. Good to play with you!

Namikaze1

Wow. Everyone on the team got the scout. Mine has full auto and third eye. Afro got full auto and hidden hand. Falifax got full auto and zen moment.

ocean

Banned
So.. Uh... Is new Trials considered a flop for the most part?
Flop is a bit harsh. But there's the following issues:

1. Yesterday, the card-matching system was fairly good at making matches get progressively harder. Everybody was playing. Now? It just makes lobbies laggier since the rush is over and there aren't as many people on. So Trials is now getting as laggy as normal Crucible :/
2. The Silver and Gold tier rewards - 2 Exotic rolls (290-320) plus a random 300-310 Trials weapon/armor piece are now within anybody's reach. No matter how poorly you play, you can get Trials gear now via bounties. But reaching Mercury is harder than it used to be and this hurts some people's feelings. Basically they made normal rewards easier but the prestige stuff actually prestigious.
3. Lots of people are put off by stuff not directly tied to Trials insane AA on snipers, stupid range on Pulse Rifles, Hand Cannons being asswipes etc).
4. Rewards: they could have gone with the fan favorite archetypes but didn't. The Pulse isn't Messenger-like, the Sniper is low impact (no revive snipe), the Auto Rifle is low impact etc. People would be far more excited if the guns fell into our favorite archetypes. Luckily the stats and perks are pretty damn solid overall.
5. Haven't seen it mentioned but I'm disappointed they just gave the old armor set a paint job. And mind you, it's my favorite armor in the game - for all 3 classes. It looks amazing. But I was excited about what new badass design they could bring, only to find nada.
6. Disconnects are a thing and they're annoying as all fuck.

E92 M3

I am just so thankful Bungie made Destiny so a fun game to play. Easy to take the simple things for granted. All of the stuff we are complaining about can be fixed, but if Destiny was fundamentally not fun to play we wouldn't even be on OT10.

ocean

Banned
If leveling is solely tied to heroic raid now, I'm 311; what is the point of playing any other mode?
Well there's other reasons to play. Like having fun with content you like? :p

311 is high enough for everything and is only slightly under leveled at a single encounter in the entire game (Hard Oryx).

I'm on a mission for looks when I get on and play. This weekend, getting boots on all 3 characters is the goal. Trials armor drops guaranteed at 5 wins 300-310 and looks beautiful. Also grinding some rep occasionally for Exotic class items and ships from vendors.

It's all about the looks.

ocean

Banned
Why do people keep telling Bungie to "fix the lag" in a Peer to Peer network environment???
Because matchmaking algorithms can do wonders. Trials used to matchmake best connections. Now it also tries to balance that with matching cards. Meaning the game could put you in a better connected lobby but give priority to a worse ping host because his card matches yours if they deem it's "close enough".

It's why outside lagswitchers, Trials used to be noticeably less laggy than any other playlist. Not anymore.

Turned on a stream on PS4 guaranteeing flawless(he charges as well) and the guys were 8-0 with mercy used, they ran into Gunnerz and Noomi final boss. Streamer got beaver error.

Lots of salt after that loss.

noomi

Alright, flawless get. Got my emblem and one of those adept pulse rifles.

Good shit.

Trials is definitely much harder this time around.

GunnerZ

Turned on a stream on PS4 guaranteeing flawless(he charges as well) and the guys were 8-0 with mercy used, they ran into Gunnerz and Noomi final boss. Streamer got beaver error.

That Harry guy was pretty damn good got 5 kill and won a round...I was AMAZED not going to lie

bitsurugi

It needs some changes. Overall, I am extremely disappointed. Maybs the raid challenge stuff will be good?

Trials every week is a no go.

Should be every month, a whole week. Like IB. So every 2 week, you'd have IB and/or Trials.

The MM flop is also a given. Other then that... we need rewards. Better ones.

OK...so...
Anyone wanna take me through KF Normal?
Never done it before and would really like to experience it proper. :)
By proper I mean the same way I did with VoC and CE with Ridli & Retro (shout out to the best sherpas ever! :) ), which involves a slow, methodical play and not a blitz run.
I'm a 292 Warlock.

PSN

1. j0hnny_385

Magik

Trials every week is a no go.

Should be every month, a whole week. Like IB. So every 2 week, you'd have IB and/or Trials.

The MM flop is also a given. Other then that... we need rewards. Better ones.

Trials should be every second week with IB at the end of the month.

noomi

Hah holy shit, that keeps happening to us. We keep facing streamers.

That was was very good, i actually messaged him at the end and said gg.

Palocca

OK...so...
By proper I mean the same way I did with VoC and CE with Ridli & Retro (shout out to the best sherpas ever! :) ), which involves a slow, methodical play and not a blitz run.
I'm a 292 Warlock.

PSN

1. j0hnny_385
2. Theflyingpigeon

I'd like to join in. I haven't done the raid yet either!

Namikaze1

Thanks so much for Flawless, Falifax and Afro. Now to complete the gold tier bounty.

Got a 310 Skullfort and a 312 AR that's going straight into Touch of Malice.

kadab

OK...so...
I'm a 292 Warlock.

PSN

1. j0hnny_385
Can i join Psn kadab

Top Bottom