• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

noomi

I know some will disagree with me but what if going to mercury just required 9 wins instead of flawless. Keep the boons and everything else the same, just make it so you dont have to be flawless. I mean who cares, really! Let everyone enjoy it.

Congrates on the flawless clear! I replied to you Friday night in the last OT but I think you were already gone. I was super salty with Trials then, heck I still am a bit, so glad to see you kept with it. It's harder this time for sure. I got two clears this weekend and I am still in awe that happened.

Heya, thanks dude. Yeah i saw your reply, but i was just so upset that i didnt want to post anymore lol. Took a day off yesterday and came back today in a much better mood.

You know, the combination of the map, pulse rifles, bad attitude and the new trials MM just got to me is all.

Congrats noomi

What happened to our card? D:

Any MLG pros down to help me get 3 wins before the reset? Lost my mercy unfortunately

Still down to play, but ilp be on later. Need to get some stuff done around the house.

taco543

Anyone wanna join in on some trials action on ps4? Tag is WolfLycan543, I havent played trials at all this week, not looking for anything too serious lets just have some fun!

Jinjo

Thanks Mr-S for the Oryx kill, smooth as can be. That strategy is 100x better than no knights.

Still need an Oryx clear NM or HM for the artifact, message me rarbusto if you are getting a group together.

The strategy is as good as the amount of competent people you got ;) Even for us this was a supersmooth run. But yeah, best strategy once you adjusted your habits. Just so much more calmer and controlled than leaving the ogres alive.

geordiemp

I have to force the Netduma to reject anything outside of the area I highlight because this is ridiculous.

And then the fuckers start to lag switch -.-

Got to lighthouse today, but man the lag.

The last 2 games were red bar, they were not lag switchers as it was constant, took about 5 seconds on their last death for the death to be recognised.

Skill based match making is fine if you have dedicated servers, if P2p it must be more stringent on the ping between all 6 players and it must be very low otherwise its shit.

Trials is playing OK for about 70 % of the matches, but thats still unacceptable.

Ok so I haven't played since about a week after Taken King released.
I'm using the Nightstalker and the quiver perk, but I'm only shooting one arrow. Is something glitched? I know I've shot 3 before.

Ok so I haven't played since about a week after Taken King released.
I'm using the Nightstalker and the quiver perk, but I'm only shooting one arrow. Is something glitched? I know I've shot 3 before.

Its a hotfix to prevent the unlimited super arrow spam glitch. Bungie just removed it for now till they actually fix it.

X-Frame

With a 100 mb/s download speed, what are the top reasons why I am red-barring in Crucible? I don't get it.

I also opened up all the ports specific to PS4 and Destiny.

It was still more fun than the new PvP meta which means if I'd rather be Thorn'd than play PvP now, Bungie has a problem

Yup. This is so true. The old meta, despite Thorn, actually put most players on an even playing field gear wise. Oh well, cheers to the tag you're hit Pulse Rifle meta. When can we expect significant changes? Destiny 2?

Edit: Two in a row fail. Sorry.

ocean

Banned
I'm asking how was year one crucible more fun than year two.
You could be aggressive with Hand Cannons at close range or use Pulse Rifles at long range. There weren't any Sunbreakers pissing in our cereal (don't even, I main a Titan). People went into Crucible because they liked it or wanted to be there, not because quests and Marks lead them there anyways. So there weren't people dicking around with a sword hilt or quitting as much as they do because they've got quests that demand wins. I also got regular interesting drops - I had a Party Crasher in each element for PvE, Matador for PvP, Low Grade Humility for 6v6, etc. This kept the weapon parts coming in - even with re rolling, weapon parts weren't as scarce.

Now Crucible is full of players who don't like Crucible but want their Sword or Gunsmith bounty or whatever, or they're forced into going because they can only make a few marks a day and PvP is where half of them are. It's full of people who quit a match because they have a quest that they're not fulfilling in a given lobby. It's full of samey Pulse Rifles which all play the same - Red Death is Niwen's is Villainy is _________.

For all the "variety" out there, PRs everywhere feels far less diverse than Thorn/TLW/Messenger/Hawkmoon/Red Death.

I agree 100% Thorn's DoT had to be fixed to prevent the double tap. I also agree 100% TLW getting 111s down sights was a game breaking bug. And I'm aware HCs in general had too much range. But they fucked with the accuracy, and ruined PvP, and ruined the game in doing so.

I respect you liking the current state better, but stop acting like people who think it's garbage are being crazy. It's just a matter of preference and while I don't share yours, I won't get all sarcastic asking you how in the world you can find the current balance better.

I know some will disagree with me but what if going to mercury just required 9 wins instead of flawless. Keep the boons and everything else the same, just make it so you dont have to be flawless. I mean who cares, really! Let everyone enjoy it.

Wanted this from the beginning, even though I've made it to the lighthouse with irl friends, i would like it better this way.

After waking up I still get nightmares of getting flinch from PR from across the map.
Kappa.png

I support this.

My idea, which numerous DGAFers have suggested here as well, is to put people who have gone flawless in to a seperate pool. At some point, people of all skill levels have a chance at the lighthouse. Just because Joe Destiny is playing people of his skill level doesn't mean those matches won't be sweaty for him. Destiny has always been this hill that anyone could climb with good people at their side.

Edit: Reddit is kind of a mixed bagged on Trials I've noticed. It feels 60/40 in favor over there and 30/70 in favor here. I hope they at least address some of the concern in the BWU.

Jabronium

Finished Touch of Malice this morning! I actually thought the fragment hunt would be more involved. Enough bounties got finished to fully level it...looking forward to breaking it in on the raid.

Falifax

I second the notion of going back to the previous Trials matchmaking. The last 2 matches needed for Mercury and the next 3 we needed for our Gold bounty were Iron Banner levels of bad in terms of connectivity.

I second this as well. Everyone can beat HM Oryx, but not everyone can go flawless in Trials especially in this cluster of a meta. Why lock that away to "Competitive" players of Destiny? Getting 9-0 during HoW was fun and challenging, getting 9-0 now is fucking horrific especially the last two matches. I had teams with full red bar connection this should never happen in such a crunch moment in Trials but I guess they want us to work for mediocre non-elemental weapons way harder now.

Trakan

You could be aggressive with Hand Cannons at close range or use Pulse Rifles at long range. There weren't any Sunbreakers pissing in our cereal (don't even, I main a Titan). People went into Crucible because they liked it or wanted to be there, not because quests and Marks lead them there anyways. So there weren't people dicking around with a sword hilt or quitting as much as they do because they've got quests that demand wins. I also got regular interesting drops - I had a Party Crasher in each element for PvE, Matador for PvP, Low Grade Humility for 6v6, etc. This kept the weapon parts coming in - even with re rolling, weapon parts weren't as scarce.

Now Crucible is full of players who don't like Crucible but want their Sword or Gunsmith bounty or whatever, or they're forced into going because they can only make a few marks a day and PvP is where half of them are. It's full of people who quit a match because they have a quest that they're not fulfilling in a given lobby. It's full of samey Pulse Rifles which all play the same - Red Death is Niwen's is Villainy is _________.

For all the "variety" out there, PRs everywhere feels far less diverse than Thorn/TLW/Messenger/Hawkmoon/Red Death.

I agree 100% Thorn's DoT had to be fixed to prevent the double tap. I also agree 100% TLW getting 111s down sights was a game breaking bug. And I'm aware HCs in general had too much range. But they fucked with the accuracy, and ruined PvP, and ruined the game in doing so.

I respect you liking the current state better, but stop acting like people who think it's garbage are being crazy. It's just a matter of preference and while I don't share yours, I won't get all sarcastic asking you how in the world you can find the current balance better.

I don't think you're crazy for disliking the new meta, but for preferring the old one. I don't really get the pulse rifle hate in comparison to the old busted hand cannons. The time to kill on pulses is higher, so it got better in that regard. I do think the range is too good on pulses now and from a distance they should kill in 4 or 5 bursts, but OP is much more preferable to outright broken.

I'll have to disagree with you on the weapons part thing too. I had less than 100 weapon parts during the re-rolling days of HoW, and now I easily have over 1000. There were also plenty of non-PVP players going into crucible to get their beloved Thorn or Bad Juju. It's really not much different with the swords.

Also half of the problems you mention aren't even related to 2.0. Imagine hand cannons were never nerfed and everything was the same. Sunbreakers would still be powerful and the weapon drops would still be infrequent. I don't really get what you're asking to go back to. Would the PVP you mentioned with people playing just for marks, OP supers, and shitty drops be better if you added even more broken guns into the mix?

I don't really get it. Are you asking to go back to pre-TTK? Like, remove all the new supers and swords and shit from the game?

Anyone getting tons of random disconnects? Get booted out of town all the time now it seems. And get booted out of orbit back into orbit... Or I'll click on patrol and it will boot me back to orbit when I finish the load screen.

Only picked the game back up in TTK after being away since around Feb, but I never had this problem before. I generally don't get kicked out strikes or PvP, just orbit and town and while loading activities. My network connection is stable the whole time.

deafmedal

Two scrubbos looking for 4 hulking heroes to brave the challenge of Oralyx in a fresh NM KF. Or a HM run through Oralyx's daughters. Perhaps both?!

A) deafmedal
b. phantom8324
C. who
d( could
3) it
6, be???

Messiek

I need a warpriest kill on HM.
I got disconnected when my fireteam killed him.

1. Messiek

Warpriest is a quick fight, just help me real quick :)

Preach it. I miss HoW-era Crucible. Except Thorn.

Jabronium

Anyone getting tons of random disconnects? Get booted out of town all the time now it seems. And get booted out of orbit back into orbit... Or I'll click on patrol and it will boot me back to orbit when I finish the load screen.

My connection seems to be a bit worse since TTK. I'll get weasel'd as soon as I boot up the game and get into orbit, and the last couple days I've gotten baboon'd and sent back to just a black screen with nothing being responsive.

hey guys, sorry about the lack of comm's today - kinezo, deafmedal, drizzay, gibbshift, and johnofmars (gutz, i didn't think you were interested in maybe raiding tonight, sorry if i was incorrect) - halloween festivities took a lot more effort than i anticipated, lol, and my kids didn't get to bed until a half hour ago.
i'm hoping that maybe tomorrow night, we can run another KF from totems, or fresh?
priority will be given to prior FT members, but if anyone wants in, i'll include you as alts

KF NM, preferably from totems for me, as i'm just chasing loot to get to HM
10pm EDT, if that works?

1. rasengan1337

Alt1 Ichabod00
Alt2 Fahlco
Alt3
Alt4

sorry, but haven't gone through the OT to see who may have responded. original FT, who's down?

Top Bottom