• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Laughlin

I never get excited for the Weekly Update, but I just have a feeling this one will have something, ya know?

I'm making a mistake aren't I.....

Frenden

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

CUNWIV7UcAA1-HI.jpg:large

darthbob

what was the update for??

2.0.2.1. - The one with rare Engrams that decrypt.

Along with enhancements and fixes for the player experience, Update 2.0.2 introduced a few bugs. This Hot Fix corrects those new issues.

Tower
Cryptarch
Fixed an issue in which Rare Leg Armor Engrams were not decrypting correctly
Lord Saladin
Fixed an issue in which descriptions for Iron Banner Shaders, Emblems, and Ghosts were displaying random perks incorrectly

neoism

2.0.2.1. - The one with rare Engrams that decrypt.

Along with enhancements and fixes for the player experience, Update 2.0.2 introduced a few bugs. This Hot Fix corrects those new issues.

Tower
Cryptarch
Fixed an issue in which Rare Leg Armor Engrams were not decrypting correctly
Lord Saladin
Fixed an issue in which descriptions for Iron Banner Shaders, Emblems, and Ghosts were displaying random perks incorrectly

rare leg engrams and IB item descriptions
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=14008
😘

any time you see a funny gif, bookmark it with any keywords that come to mind.

Yup, just need to remember to do it lol. Probably should make it a Google doc or something I can share between mobile and desktop as well.

On a more on topic note I'm impressed they were able to fix the issues in the patch today so quickly.

How exactly does Iron Banner work? The rewards you get at the end of each match are determined by your rank? And from what I understand you get something for reaching rank 3 and 5?

I've already done the Nightfall and Raid for the week and kind of want to stick to Fallout until reset, but both shaders from the Tower guy look pretty cool IMO and that machine gun seems pretty nice too. The possibility of 310+ equipment might put me over the edge.

Highwind

4efJN3f.gif

I AM DEVESATED! ;-;

I was so close to finishing that god damn Iron Gauntlet Bounty.

I played out of my mind that match. Carried that entire team from the brink of loss.

And what happens? Fucking hammerbro nails me in the face, allowing some of guy to get the final blow. ;-; 35 point difference in the final score.

And my reward?

THE IB HANDCANNON WITH ICARUS!

4efJN3f.gif

I AM DEVESATED! ;-;

I played out of my mind that match. Carried that entire team from the brink of loss.

And what happens? Fucking hammerbro nails me in the face, allowing some of guy to get the final blow. ;-; 35 point difference in the final score.

And my reward?

Man, talk about a double whammy. I might quit Destiny if that happened to me.

I am so bad at clash. Trials has really turned me into a 3v3 player. I don't mind Control, because there's some focus & flow. Clash is just bananas. No direction, no flow, no teamwork. Solo queueing is miserable.

Bring back Control.

I am so bad at clash. Trials has really turned me into a 3v3 player. I don't mind Control, because there's some focus & flow. Clash is just bananas. No direction, no flow, no teamwork. Solo queueing is miserable.

Bring back Control.

I've been playing with a sniper a lot the past few days, having shelved my shotgun, and it's crazy how high my K/D has gotten. I wish I could look up some games and post a graph because the numbers and stupid.

Sniping has actually made IB clash pretty fun, because there are no control point to watch out for, people don't expect snipers to be in certain lanes, and I'm totally using that to my advantage.

Also, dis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQoxsfIIEA

Bring back Control.

Just be cheap and hide crouching in a corner with a sniper. People tend to be too busy trying to shotgun each other to notice you.
This boring strategy also works with machine guns.
Fun.

GhaleonEB

4efJN3f.gif

I AM DEVESATED! ;-;

And my reward?

I've been playing IB the last two days (my first, I don't play PvP), and had a string of four losses last night with randoms (because I can't get on a GAF train, sadness).

We got legitimately stomped in one of them. In three others, we were ahead or close until the end, when I'd hear the *clank* of a Sunbreaker, followed by a rapid swing in the score and then, heartbreak.

I take it this is a regular thing?

I've been playing IB the last two days (my first, I don't play PvP), and had a string of four losses last night with randoms (because I can't get on a GAF train, sadness).

We got legitimately stomped in one of them. In three others, we were ahead or close until the end, when I'd hear the *clank* of a Sunbreaker, followed by a rapid swing in the score and then, heartbreak.

The average player gets their second super right around the time the game is wrapping up. Typically people will hold on to this super for the last 1000 points in an effort to secure the win.

You wont see it in every game, but it is a tactic that exists.

In a vacuum, I see where you're coming from. But let's say that someone comes to me and is telling me about their Toyota Tundra. If I respond to them with, 'yeah my brother bought a Tundra last year and absolutely loves it.' You would assume from that statement that I DON'T own a Toyota Tundra. If I did, my first instinct would be to respond from my own personal experience.

Look at all the posts in here around the economy nerf patch. Almost every post was either, "i only have x # of parts what the hell?!", or "I have xxx parts, I don't see how you people run out all the time." I don't remember anyone popping in to tell us how many parts their friend Breezy Limbo has
(he discarded all of his by accident)

I understand where you're coming from, and it's absolutely valid. But this is where I'm coming from.

edit: I like Toyota Tundras. I do not own a Toyota Tundra. My brother owns a Toyota Tacoma.

I sort of get what you're saying but we do know that DeeJ plays at least a bit because he's played in the Bounty events. I don't know how much he plays because, I honestly would have a "work" account that the public knows is mine and a stealth one because there's no way in hell I'd want to get all those PM's and friend requests and whatever on my actual this-is-what-I-use-regularly account.

Anyhow, thank you for extrapolating on your thought process.
Tundra

Hammerbros definitely shine in IB and they seem to love the events because they're 'competitive' but there's tons of fodder for them since it's 6v6.

Got 310 Truth from that one room with the pumping pistons and invisible platforming, that's only ever given moldering shards before.

I feel privileged.

I sort of get what you're saying but we do know that DeeJ plays at least a bit because he's played in the Bounty events. I don't know how much he plays because, I honestly would have a "work" account that the public knows is mine and a stealth one because there's no way in hell I'd want to get all those PM's and friend requests and whatever on my actual this-is-what-I-use-regularly account.

Anyhow, thank you for extrapolating on your thought process.
Tundra

Hammerbros definitely shine in IB and they seem to love the events because they're 'competitive' but there's tons of fodder for them since it's 6v6.

Shutting them down with Defenders + Nightstalkers is my new favorite pastime in IB.

Nothing is better than hearing the CLANK and while everyone else runs you step up as the boss Titan you are with your grenade ready.

4efJN3f.gif

I AM DEVESATED! ;-;

And my reward?

I carried my team and was on the verge of completing the iron gauntlet weekly and iron domination daily bounties, and right before the match ends, i get disconnected. Just from the game. So... I kind of feel your pain.

I will say, the difference in dynamic between 3v3 and 6v6 is ridiculous.

It suddenly makes a whole bunch of new weapons viable, but to me also entirely brings down the quality of each encounter.

Maybe because I am comparing it to Trials. But, it's very different.

Jon Weisnewski tweeted the same image he posted last week when he said they were close to finalizing weapons balance changes. Maybe that's coming today.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That Shinding/Jolly quest is stupid, I dont even have TLW. Couldnt they have picked a quest-reward exotic like the spindle/touch/boolean/whatever?

Highwind

Yup.

I mean we won that match but that specific hammerbro stopped me from getting top overall score. Heartbreaking still.

Lol.

It just happened again. This time we lost.

Someone is fucking with me right now.

Top Bottom