• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Shutting them down with Defenders + Nightstalkers is my new favorite pastime in IB.

Nothing is better than hearing the CLANK and while everyone else runs you step up as the boss Titan you are with your grenade ready.

I've gone from Gunslinger to Nightstalker on my main specifically to counter Sunbreakers. Even if I die to em, if I pull them out of their super before they've run through my team, it's a success.

I will say, the difference in dynamic between 3v3 and 6v6 is ridiculous.

It suddenly makes a whole bunch of new weapons viable, but to me also entirely brings down the quality of each encounter.

Maybe because I am comparing it to Trials. But, it's very different.

I agree, though I think I have more weapon variety viability in Trials because there's less chance of getting cross fired. The quality of the engagements is absolutely much better in Trials. Way more room to attempt to outplay an opponent.

GhaleonEB

The average player gets their second super right around the time the game is wrapping up. Typically people will hold on to this super for the last 1000 points in an effort to secure the win.

You wont see it in every game, but it is a tactic that exists.

Thanks, this makes sense. All hell has broken out a few times toward the end of matches, so that explains why. There just seem to be a lot of Sunbreakers and they are particularly tough to take down.

Frenden

Banned
I apologize to all involved regarding my ridiculous RNG this week.

CUNrKjsUYAE8FuY.jpg:large

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No fix for the 2500 points IB bounty? That's disappointing.

It's one bounty, I'm sure people will be fine even without it. It's not like it's a big deal, I never picked it up and I'm surviving.

Jesus christ Frenden......

ori0n378e

Sorry for my horrible playing guys. I know I'm not good, but that was horrible on my part, real horrible. I'll stick with randoms for a while.

Shiv47

Sorry for my horrible playing guys. I know I'm not good, but that was horrible on my part, real horrible. I'll stick with randoms for a while.

I don't know if it's the higher level of Gaf players or what, but I play vastly better with randoms. My best k/d ratio with Gaffers last night was maybe .8 or something. I even had a 7.5 one game with randoms. It's weird.

Don't be daft!

That's the whole point in playing with GAFers! We all have good games and bad ones.

You mostly just hear me cursing at myself for getting shot gunned though >.<

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm up for some IB. Will get to rank 2-3 with hunter then switch to Warlock. Bounties carried over from last IBs so I get several freebies.

ori0n378e

I don't know if it's the higher level of Gaf players or what, but I play vastly better with randoms. My best k/d ratio with Gaffers last night was maybe .8 or something. I even had a 7.5 one game with randoms. It's weird.

I too do better individually with randos. ??? I don't know why...

Don't be daft!

That's the whole point in playing with GAFers! We all have good games and bad ones.

You mostly just hear me cursing at myself for getting shot gunned though >.<

I know this but you got to admit I was playing like a 2 year old that didn't have clue how to play. I bet ya an AFK'er gave less points to the opposing team than I was, LOL. I just need to play with some randoms for a while and see what I need to do to get better. I really never play clash, always control so...

inthrall

Holy balance batman

Those range changes will nerf pulses a lot more than people think, RIP Nirwens

That HC buff is exactly what they needed.

This will actually hurt shotgun users a lot:
- Slower base movement speed when Shotguns are the active weapon (Walk, Run and Aim Down Sights. Sprint is unaffected.)
- Add 2 frames delay when firing out of sprint.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hawkmoon got nerfed again. They have to realize just because a lot of people use a certain weapon doesn't mean it's OP, etc.

What's the point of LitC bonus on precision shots? Just remove the perk altogether for snipers. Seems like a waste.

Or is that their answer to Sunbros?

Hawkmoon got nerfed again. They have to realize just because a lot of people use a certain weapon doesn't mean it's OP, etc.

It's just it's range, which makes room for The First Curse to fulfill it's role as The Last Word's opposite. Well... not *just* range but the dmg reduction to all of it's LitC rounds isn't terrible.

What's the point of LitC bonus on precision shots? Just remove the perk altogether for snipers. Seems like a waste.

Or is that their answer to Sunbros?

It allows those rifles to benefit from LitC in PvE while removing their ability to 1HK with body shots in PvP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Armed with better base ADS Accuracy from the global Hand Cannon changes, Hawkmoon soared high above the pack as we playtested the new weapons.
I dunno. I'm betting it felt comparatively like old thorn with the accuracy buff. will reserve judgement.

Strider

Given the changes to not just HCs but all weapon types Hawkmoon would've been hands down the best primary gun if left untouched... It's pretty damn strong as is in this current meta.

So yea that nerf is alright with me

inthrall

• I really like the First curse buffs, refilling the mag seems like an excellent way to reward skilled players.
  • Poor Hawkmoon, this change makes sense for PvP though. It would've become top dog without this
  • CHAPERONE NOOOOOO
    I saw this coming
    Still going to play with it a lot though

GhaleonEB

Holy balance batman

Those range changes will nerf pulses a lot more than people think, RIP Nirwens

That HC buff is exactly what they needed.

This will actually hurt shotgun users a lot:
- Slower base movement speed when Shotguns are the active weapon (Walk, Run and Aim Down Sights. Sprint is unaffected.)
- Add 2 frames delay when firing out of sprint.

This will actually push me to try out side arms. I think they'd be a good compliment to scout rifles, especially with the faster draw times.

• I really like the First curse buffs, refilling the mag seems like an excellent way to reward skilled players.
  • Poor Hawkmoon, this change makes sense for PvP though. It would've become top dog without this
  • CHAPERONE NOOOOOO
    I saw this coming
    Still going to play with it a lot though

Wish they gave it Outlaw to reward the precision shooter but can't have everything.

Top Bottom