• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

It allows those rifles to benefit from LitC in PvE while removing their ability to 1HK with body shots in PvP.
True... I forget about PvE aspect when reading these kind of updates.

I still think it's pretty lame as a perk. Its weird that it even made it into the game in its original state considering the impact final round had.

X-Frame

So the new (old) exotics coming will be revealed on their Instagram tomorrow it seems?

Hopefully MIDA, The Armamentarium, and Peregrine Greaves!

Jabronium

So the new (old) exotics coming will be revealed on their Instagram tomorrow it seems?

Hopefully MIDA, The Armamentarium, and Peregrine Greaves!

Ah, how I miss my MIDA. Great gun. Sadly, I can't think of a situation where I'd use it over my Hung Jury...although, I'm interested to see what new perks show up for some of the overhauled gear.

At the end of the BWU:

"The content of the next Weekly Update will be random and light, with a chance for some information on the ways in which Raids could be more challenging soon."

Key word: Raids

Plural.

;)

chur

Got really happy about the HC buff until I saw the Hawkmoon Nerf. Luckily I'm having fun with the IB HC so I'll be using that more often once the patch comes out.

darthbob

At the end of the BWU:

"The content of the next Weekly Update will be random and light, with a chance for some information on the ways in which Raids could be more challenging soon."

Plural.

;)

suy7foI.gif

....the changes are great but...

......the shotgun nerf is going to affect PvE isnt it? There is no indication that its separate, and a .05 damage increase against AI isnt going to do jackshit. Oh, and no mention of a sniper aim assist nerf despite how ridiculous it is.

Im sorry ghaleon, but bungies balance team can fuck off until they learn to balance separately. Im ok with the shotgun nerf, a melee range was brought up in a previous topic and I agreed with it. I am not ok with this lack of ability to balance it separately for pvp.

No sniper AA nerf is a bit disappointing.

I would like hand cannons to receive a slight hip fire accuracy buff too.

Auto rifles are going to be back in business. Get your Monte Carlo ready.

Also the Chaperone will be better now. More precision damage means more OHK range.

Deku Tree

At the end of the BWU:

Plural.

;)

Yeah the normal and hard KF raids. It's already been said. That is all.

GhaleonEB

At the end of the BWU:

Plural.

;)

I noticed this as well. In the Edge preview for TTK, Luke (IIRC) says they are doing something different with raids (again, plural) in the fall. I can find the exact quote when I get home. I figured he meant KF at the time, but Deej's post makes me wonder.

Yeah the normal and hard KF raids. It's already been said. That is all.

Thing is, Deej used a capital 'R': Raids. Bungie does that when referring to activity categories (Patrols, Strikes, etc.). Dunno, it's either a hint or incredibly sloppy messaging.

First Curse might become useful now, especially if you can chain the titular perk (I doubt it)

I'm not entirely sure what ADS accuracy means. Will hand cannons still bounce around after each shot? As a whole the class took a hit to stability

Either way this bodes well and I might get back to being good in Crucible. I legit dropped 0.2 K/D since 2.0 came out

inthrall

At the end of the BWU:

Plural.

;)

I'd put money on saying that its one "raid" per challenge mode, instead of changing any other raids. My initial prediction is a "Harder Mode" that has a weekly challenge for Kings Fall, that rotates between one of three difficulty modifiers. It would give progress towards the emblem, and give other small rewards such as the missing fragments
please only drop 320 loot please bunguy just this one thing for me please

First Curse might become useful now, especially if you can chain the titular perk (I doubt it)

I'm not entirely sure what ADS accuracy means. Will hand cannons still bounce around after each shot? As a whole the class took a hit to stability

Either way this bodes well and I might get back to being good in Crucible. I legit dropped 0.2 K/D since 2.0 came out

Stats are unaffected. Recoil will remain the same, but recoil isn't the current issue. The issue is even when the sights return to a target after a shot the bullet frequently misses entirely due to the accuracy nerf. Hopefully now if you have sights on target it will guarantee a hit.

I noticed this as well. In the Edge preview for TTK, Luke (IIRC) says they are doing something different with raids (again, plural) in the fall. I can find the exact quote when I get home. I figured he meant KF at the time, but Deej's post makes me wonder.

Thing is, Deej used a capital 'R': Raids. Bungie does that when referring to activity categories (Patrols, Strikes, etc.). Dunno, it's either a hit or incredibly sloppy messaging.

I'm thinking it's plural because they're currently planning on instituting Challenge modes with all the raids going forward, not just TTK.

This weapons balance is neat and all, but are subclasses going to be balanced? My Striker has no purpose & my Defender badly needs some quality of life updates, like timers on abilities & buffs like every other subclass has.

Seriously, the Landfall perk for Stormcallers is a Titan smash, and then they have a badass roaming super afterward.

X-Frame

I'm also very curious to see what Sage has been working on regarding class/sub-class balance. It seems like he'll share something within the coming weeks.

With Deej specifically calling out Titans, hopefully he isn't just referring to the somewhat obvious and inevitable Sunbreaker nerf, but that all of the old sub-classes are getting tweaks -- otherwise I don't really know what Sage would have been working on for the last 3 months.

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record often regarding sub-class updates, but I just can't get over how it'll be 15 months and basically no old sub-class updates at all outside of fixing bugs and exploits.

EDIT:

This weapons balance is neat and all, but are subclasses going to be balanced? My Striker has no purpose & my Defender badly needs some quality of life updates, like timers on abilities & buffs like every other subclass has.

Seriously, the Landfall perk for Stormcallers is a Titan smash, and then they have a badass roaming super afterward.

High five! Same thoughts here.

So the Iron Banner Chest piece dropped for me in Iron Banner (at 284 LOL) and it made me realize something. This is the first time ever that any of the Iron Banner gear has dropped for me.

I think I've participated in about 5 or 6 Iron Banner event and I've only made it to Rank 5 twice. The others I gave up at around Rank 2. Also made me realize, I've never owned any of the Iron Banner weapons and I've been playing this game since day of release.

Falifax

....the changes are great but...

......the shotgun nerf is going to affect PvE isnt it? There is no indication that its separate, and a .05 damage increase against AI isnt going to do jackshit. Oh, and no mention of a sniper aim assist nerf despite how ridiculous it is.

Im sorry ghaleon, but bungies balance team can fuck off until they learn to balance separately. Im ok with the shotgun nerf, a melee range was brought up in a previous topic and I agreed with it. I am not ok with this lack of ability to balance it separately for pvp.

Are we seriously still doing this?

Kyoufu

I'm also very curious to see what Sage has been working on regarding class/sub-class balance. It seems like he'll share something within the coming weeks.

With Deej specifically calling out Titans, hopefully he isn't just referring to the somewhat obvious and inevitable Sunbreaker nerf, but that all of the old sub-classes are getting tweaks -- otherwise I don't really know what Sage would have been working on for the last 3 months.

I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record often regarding sub-class updates, but I just can't get over how it'll be 15 months and basically no old sub-class updates at all outside of fixing bugs and exploits.

EDIT:

High five! Same thoughts here.

There will definitely be updates to the old subclasses. 100%.

Are we seriously still doing this?

I gave my reasons why. The first time I ended up leaving Destiny was when they nerfed shotguns across PvE and PvP, making my first Exotic(A UR) useless. I came back when they rebuffed shotguns in PvE near the end of TDB.

It looks like they're going to be nerfing shotguns, again, across PvE and PvP. That is incompetence if they think a .05 damage increase is going to make it ok for the huge PvE nerf.

I run shotgun because I find sniping to be boring. Yes, even in Trials and even on Bannerfall. This is a horrible "fix" to them. Oh well.

They wanna encourage shotgun melee but forget Titans have T-Rex arms and the only hunter class casual about melee'ing is Bladedancer since the other 2 might accidentally throw their projectiles.

Must be warlock sympathizing Deej behind all this.

Kyoufu

I gave my reasons why. The first time I ended up leaving Destiny was when they nerfed shotguns across PvE and PvP, making my first Exotic(A UR) useless. I came back when they rebuffed shotguns in PvE near the end of TDB.

It looks like they're going to be nerfing shotguns, again, across PvE and PvP. That is incompetence if they think a .05 damage increase is going to make it ok for the huge PvE nerf.

Shotguns were way too good in PVE before. I don't want to go back to that man.

Top Bottom