• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

They wanna encourage shotgun melee but forget Titans have T-Rex arms and the only hunter class casual about melee'ing is Bladedancer since the other 2 might accidentally throw their projectiles.

Must be warlock sympathizing Deej behind all this.

Super good point. My only hope as a Titan now is skating fast into someone's face so I could close into my meager melee range. It's going to be a lot harder to do this now.

GhaleonEB

I'm thinking it's plural because they're currently planning on instituting Challenge modes with all the raids going forward, not just TTK.

That's actually my hope. I wonder if they'll take a page from Prison of Elders and rotate them around as someone else suggested, so the list of weekly activities it not too dauntingly long.

Glad about the new exotics. They're dropping into the loot tables, which I didn't expect, I was hoping for more exotic quests, less RNG the better (I'm still chasing several due to RNGesus neglecting me). Hopefully Xur bails me out.

Shotguns were way too good in PVE before. I don't want to go back to that man.

I hate you :(

Shotguns have been fine in PvE for a while. Not HoW levels of ridiculousness, but a good option to sniper rifles. Would I love them at HoW levels? Yeah, of course. But a further nerf in PvE will be horrible. Because even now, doing heroic strikes, if you get too close to an enemy you'll die in a few hits no matter your light level. I've talked about it before, but seeing as how a regular fallen captain(For example) can kill you in 3 hits even when you're <310 LL in a heroic strike is laughable. Meaning Shotguns will be alot harder to use effectively in PvE seeing as how the recommended usage is at melee range.

Kyoufu

No no no

They were awesome in pve, Kyou. Awesome. FTFY

It was like, oh no a Captain coming *switches to Found Verdict* OH LOOK IT'S DEAD AND IT ONLY TOOK LIKE TWO SHOTS.

Shotguns were soooooooo powerful that it was hard to justify using anything else.

The problem Destiny has now is that Fusion Rifles, Sidearms and Shotguns are kinda bad. I've been using a sniper since I got my 1000 Yard Stare and haven't looked back.

Highwind

I DID IT!

8zD9zei.gif

On the same map no doubt.

Never doing that again...nope.

So when is the best time to turn in the weekly bounties?

phen0m24

It was like, oh no a Captain coming *switches to Found Verdict* OH LOOK IT'S DEAD AND IT ONLY TOOK LIKE TWO SHOTS.

Shotguns were soooooooo powerful that it was hard to justify using anything else.

The problem Destiny has now is that Fusion Rifles, Sidearms and Shotguns are kinda bad. I've been using a sniper since I got my 1000 Yard Stare and haven't looked back.

Yeah but come on, at close range a shotgun is supposed to be DEVASTATING. that's the trade off. If you wander in and run out of ammo or try to face too many you're in melee range and will get wrecked.

I love my Burden of Proof but it's annoying using 5 shots+ to kill a yellow bar. Good grief.

I DID IT!

8zD9zei.gif

On the same map no doubt.

Never doing that again...nope.

So when is the best time to turn in the weekly bounties?

Turn them in on the last day for max xp bonus

And once you have one character at 5 you get an xp buff on the next character

X-Frame

Super good point. My only hope as a Titan now is skating fast into someone's face so I could close into my meager melee range. It's going to be a lot harder to do this now.

Well, Shoulder Charge just got more effective now due to all the shotgun nerfs. Slower ADS and slower handling should mean less often will we be countered.

Also, Titan skating isn't affected by these shotgun nerfs to movement speed, so that is something. Only ADS is affected.

Hopefully this also encourages people to take other middle perks as opposed to always a range-boosting perk. If the nerfs are significant enough then I could see QuickDraw being a pretty good perk now.

Highwind

Yeah but come on, at close range a shotgun is supposed to be DEVASTATING. that's the trade off. If you wander in and run out of ammo or try to face too many you're in melee range and will get wrecked.

I love my Burden of Proof but it's annoying using 5 shots+ to kill a yellow bar. Good grief.

Turn them in on the last day for max xp bonus

And once you have one character at 5 you get an xp buff on the next character

Ah, ok.

I'll likely hit Rank 4 tomorrow, depending on what I am doing.

I guess the news about the new exotics pretty much confirms that they will be drip feeding the locked exotics over the course of the next year. Each class is missing 3 and they said they are only bringing 2 in December. So after after more than 2 months we get 2 out of 9. Damn.

Namikaze1

*reads weapon update*

ARs tuning
That's all good but you can't go around mentioning Necrochasm until I get my goddamn year 2 version dammit!

Pulse Rifles tuning
We all knew this day would come...

Handcannon tuning
Needed.

Shotguns tuning
This is gonna affect PvE isn't it? I miss the good old Found Verdict (PvE) days. ;__;

Fusion Rifle tuning
Eh.

Sniper Rifles tuning
Those poor Eirene owners. I feel bad for them.

Wait. Nah. Fuck them.

They still need to do something about the AA though.

Sidearms tuning
Eh.

Scout Rifles tuning
You do know scout rifles exist in the game right, Bungie?

Mupod

got into the overwatch weekend thing aw yeah. I'm sure the servers will be fucked so I'll probably end up back with Destiny though.

Namikaze1

So 2 new exotics and several year 1 upgrades.

The two exotics are gonna end up being Twilight Garrison and that hunter chest piece. Calling it now.

Please, for the love of all things Traveler, let Necrochasm be one of the new year 1 upgrades. Give me that year 2 Necrochasm! I have to shoot Oryx with Crota's essence!

They toned down the bonus damage on Hawkmoon litc shots so it won't two-shot anyone with 200HP anymore

Notice this

Hawkmoon still hits hard, still has the largest magazine of any Hand Cannon, and can still 2-shot in the Crucible under lucky circumstances, but it won't be as common with the new changes.

That is to say basically never compared to the staggered consistency it has now. Reeling in that damage multiplier pretty much takes the weapon from being always potentially OP depending on which way the wind blows. Then they go and half the range for some reason.

Bungle gonna Bungle

Frenden

Banned
They toned down the bonus damage on Hawkmoon litc shots so it won't two-shot anyone with 200HP anymore

Notice this

That is to say basically never compared to the staggered consistency it has now. Reeling in that damage multiplier pretty much takes the weapon from being always potentially OP depending on which way the wind blows. Then they go and half the range for some reason.

Bungle gonna Bungle

Yeah. This part of the update was painful to read. With the LitC damage nerf and the agballs nerf we already experienced, I bet you're going to have to have LitC proc on a precision shot AND have the follow up shot be a headshot to get a two hit kill. Ugh.

Yeah. This part of the update was painful to read. With the LitC damage nerf and the agballs nerf we already experienced, I bet you're going to have to have LitC proc on a precision shot AND have the follow up shot be a headshot to get a two hit kill. Ugh.

Nope. Even with aggressive ballistics since they nerfed that now, the best you can do with one lucky bullet is 198.

Hawkmoon can't 2-shot anymore (unless it's double litc), so why did they nerf the range?

GhaleonEB

Scout Rifles tuning
You do know scout rifles exist in the game right, Bungie?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quiet you. Don't tell Sage, he'll nerf it.:p

I think the real answer is, they're working as intended. Good at long range, but less effective than other classes at close range.

edukate

Can any one elaborate on this patch note regarding the Sleeper Simulant:

'Inventory no longer benefits from Fusion Rifle armor perks, but does benefit from Heavy Ammo armor perks.'

I haven't encountered any y2 armor that lets me carry more 'heavy'... I do, however, have armor that lets me interchange between more fusion and rocket ammo..

Top Bottom