• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

maomaoIYP

We've had a pretty sweet train rolling this morning. Check out a highlight clip:

Train%20Wreck%20One.gif

Lol, all aboard the failtrain!

First legacy engram: 4th Horseman, ok (I didn't have Y1 version).
Next 3 engrams: Dreg's Promises and Lord of Wolves (had both).
No Queenbreakers' Bow. What the hell?

stay gold

Balance notes sound good to me. Bit confused on the Hand Cannon accuracy being ADS only though, does this mean I can still expect half my clip to vanish into the ether when firing The Last Word from the hip (how it's meant to be used)?

No mention of Sunbreakers is disheartening too.

What are you looking for?

Bitsurgi nails is

Tremendous post

Take out part is why not have beta weekends where they have real life testing, as whoever's doing it at Bungie obviously hasn't a clue. They somehow missed that the Sunbreaker super might be even slightly OP and that hand cannons were absolute garbage.

You only have to look at how many top streamers (or even great players here like unstable) are playing the game or have anything good to say about it to see how well this current system (throw a blanket nerf/buff every three months and pray something sticks) works, that is not having regular sandbox updates, a 1/2% adjustment every month is

Theres also still no acknowledgment of the crappy end game loot system

TP-DK

Bungie are blind if they can't see how op snipers have become. With that huge amount of aim assist they got, the bullets fired have more tracking than Truth rocket.

Why's everyone worried that Pulse Rifles are gonna get buried? Bungie haven't even mentioned the two biggest problems with Pulse Rifles, namely, the tremendous flinch that they cause on hits and the laser-like accuracy that most of the commonly used ones boast, as of right now.

I hope shotguns don't become total trash in PvE. I feel like they are perfectly fine as they are in PvE right now... That list of nerfs just makes them sound like a slog to use.

Why's everyone worried that Pulse Rifles are gonna get buried? Bungie haven't even mentioned the two biggest problems with Pulse Rifles, namely, the tremendous flinch that they cause on hits and the laser-like accuracy that most of the commonly used ones boast, as of right now.

I don't find the flinch that bad, the flinch when getting hit by the Zhalo is however....

Final coins, with an alt - yet another Lord of Wolves. Why won't the game give me a Queenbreakers' Bow?
It's my only missing Y1 exotic weapon (apart from Necrochasm). Wasn't the point of Legacy Engrams to give you stuff that you already didn't have? They're bloody expensive, too.

Because in the past year, Bungie "weapon adjustments" always resulted in a new meta.

They want to make every weapon type viable, but every time they make changes, it results in one type being better than others.

PR meta isn't going away imo, just that AR's and HC's will get slightly more viable at their optimal range.

In about a months time, its all you'll be getting killed by

This would make for a refreshing change as I'm tired of getting gunned down by Hawksaws and Nirwen's Mercy right now.

Because in the past year, Bungie "weapon adjustments" always resulted in a new meta.

This will remain a problem that we will have to suffer through UNLESS Bungie decides to completely separate PvE and PvP. So all in all, same old, same old...

GlamFM

Banned
I think the biggest problem (IMO - the fuck do I know about game developing or balancing) is that Bungie always buffs and nervs at the same time.

It should be one OR the other - the way they do it they always seem to miss the mark.

Why not take the most popular loadout as a base level, keep it where it is and try to buff everything around it?

Daemul

Yeah, even though I was elated with the Pulse Rifle nerf earlier, after reading the notes again I've just realized, Bungie has nearly undone the 10% damage buff they gave to Pulse Rifles back in February.

Pulse Rifles have always been lasers(fucking strangers rifle) and have always been capable of causing flinch, but no one used them because their DPS was lower than every other weapon class and missing even one burst meant that you were dead, and now Bungie are going back to that? Dafuq?

I feel having three sherpa's is perfect for KF. You'll have a good chance of landing a solid runner in daughters and with Oryx you designate one sherpa to running, and two sherpa's as floaters for Ogre DPS. The only thing the "newbies" have to do is take out the knights and jump on the platforms in order. Runner takes down the vessel and focuses on remaining knights. As long as I'm raiding with two of my regular GAF people we have zero problems with pick-ups, no matter how scrubby lol.

You still remember who issued a bet on that again a while back? :p

Are you talking about my bet that they'd nerf the No Knight strat somehow? If so, trust me that I've already made peace with the eventual demise of my beloved Atheons Epilogue. It'll be the first VoG weapon or armor I delete.

Gotta find excuses to keep running VoG and get a new one. I'll post a dismantle gif once the December patch drops, just to be on the safe side.

Good night, sweet prince. I'll never forget you. "Near, far, whereeeeevverr yooou are...."

Balancing around most popular loadout means the game power creeps up to that level. Power creep makes it difficult to introduce anything new and diminishes the nuance of the game. Like how an orchestral piece has dynamics and crescendos - power creep would just turn all the instruments to max loudness and the sound would be muddled.

It would however work if they buffed everything to around the main loadout and then nerfed all of them simultaneously, because then there is a base. Pushing and pulling without a base creates a never ending cycle like how we see now.

I've watched this like 20 times in a row and it gets better each time. Amazing.

Would have been better if the sniper/sidearm changes were significant. oh well.

Yeah, even though I was elated with the Pulse Rifle nerf earlier, after reading the notes again I've just realized, Bungie has nearly undone the 10% damage buff they gave to Pulse Rifles back in February.

Pulse Rifles have always been lasers(fucking strangers rifle) and have always been capable of causing flinch, but no one used them because their DPS was lower than every other weapon class and missing even one burst meant that you were dead, and now Bungie are going back to that? Dafuq?

Stranger's Rifle was amazing. I remember the first day I saw it in PvP on Asylum. It was wrecking.

Just chiming in to say the guys in charge of weapon balancing are ridiculous.

I've never played a game for so long (over a year now I guess) where the most basic stats of gun play have been adjusted and readjusted to this degree. It's not as if there are new reasons to change anything. The devs are just constantly unhappy with what people are using. Makes me think there's a different guy in charge every few months with different ideologies. Maybe they just like to shake it up? What ever the case it's ridiculous.

Anyone else get some new crucible quests recently, think the last time I logged on was Sunday?

Yeah they nerfed the Crucible quest line that unlocks the Weekly bounties since it was such a pain. They removed the wins requirements and potential for losing progress while also splitting the steps out into individual quests instead of making you finish one part after another.

It's just another 3 Nightfall rewards each week (295 ghosts and strange coins all around!) but the bounties are easy assuming you're gonna play some PvP each week anyway.

Stranger's Rifle was amazing. I remember the first day I saw it in PvP on Asylum. It was wrecking.

Yesterday I finished running the vanilla quest line that rewards the Strangers Rifle. Weird that you can use Legendary Marks to infuse it from 110 to 170 attack (...why bother?). I'll mess around w it in normal Crucible from time to time.

Yeah they nerfed the Crucible quest line that unlocks the Weekly bounties since it was such a pain. They removed the wins requirements and potential for losing progress while also splitting the steps out into individual quests instead of making you finish one part after another.

It's just another 3 Nightfall rewards each week (295 ghosts and strange coins all around!) but the bounties are easy assuming you're gonna play some PvP each week anyway.

Ah right, yeah I read about those changes. Good to see, personally had not done all of that stuff yet. Didn't realise that is what they were though, thought they were something new. Thanks!

i really think nightfalls need to just be guaranteed large strange coin drops

im fucking tired of this. i get one strange coin and a useless fucking ghost. jesus. anyone doing nightfalls regularly is not going to get any value out of a fucking 300 ghost.

i really think nightfalls need to just be guaranteed large strange coin drops

im fucking tired of this. i get one strange coin and a useless fucking ghost. jesus. anyone doing nightfalls regularly is not going to get any value out of a fucking 300 ghost.

The problem is the disparity between the light levels needed for activities. The level may not matter so much but psychologically it does, hence we'll be forever pissed off with anything thats not 320

GlamFM

Banned
Is iron banner for this week worth it? Checked out the items, and nothing stood out but I could've missed something lol

Infusion turned Destiny into a dress-up sim.

If you like the look of the new gear it´s absolutely worth it.

IB titan set is the best looking set in Destiny Y2 IMO.

Kyoufu

The problem is the disparity between the light levels needed for activities. The level may not matter so much but psychologically it does, hence we'll be forever pissed off with anything thats not 320

I stopped caring about light level when I realised it's all just to kill Oryx more efficiently. Boring.

GlamFM

Banned
Is iron banner for this week worth it? Checked out the items, and nothing stood out but I could've missed something lol

Reposting for new page:

Infusion turned Destiny into a dress-up sim.

If you like the look of the new gear it´s absolutely worth it.

IB titan set is the best looking set in Destiny Y2 IMO.

Yeah it's good. You can get 310-320 drops from the rank 5 packages, and I think up to 310 drops from rank 3 packages. You can get stuff they haven't sold yet like the helmet, sniper, scout rifle etc.

They also increased the drop rate of Legendaries after matches which can drop (I believe) as high as 320 for some stuff like ghosts. The hand cannon could be very good once the December weapon tuning patch hits, and the vendor roll isn't exceptional which means it's worthwhile to grind out games hoping for a better roll to drop. Machine gun seems legit too, and the vendor roll is pretty decent. Sadly the chest and gauntlets don't have unique perks but they do look very swanky.

Top Bottom