• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

The problem is the disparity between the light levels needed for activities. The level may not matter so much but psychologically it does, hence we'll be forever pissed off with anything thats not 320

i dont necessarily even care about getting 320 loot--bungies providing more avenues for that stuff--I just want stuff that I'm not instantly fucking destroying. Exotic shards would be a fantastic reward paired with strange coins given the dumb infusion mechanics requiring shards

Speaking of rewarding precision head shots, Luck in the Chamber will now only grant a precision damage bonus when the perk rolls on a Sniper Rifle.

am I reading this wrong or is hawkmoon dead

edit: nevermind, trying to remove body shot kills litc for snipes, odd wording

I like the Hawkmoon changes. The range was lowered to create a delta between The Last Word and The First Curse. The best Hand Cannon in CQB is fast firing with short range. The best Hand Cannon at range is slow firing. Hawkmoon is somewhere in the middle and should be able to beat both if you get headshots, assuming that's how LitC works now.

Now where does this leave Ace of Spades...

Wait wtf we are only getting two TK specific exotics in December, so at least one class is going to get shafted? Seems a bit odd.

Apparently so, the direct Quote for those wondering:

BWU said:
Two of them are exclusive to Year Two. Others are weapons and armor from Year One that have been upgraded to keep pace with your Level 40 character. A couple of those Year One reprisals might even have some new surprises tucked away in their talent trees.

Perhaps whichever class doesn't get a new one will have an extra updated Year 1 exotic, especially something that has special new perks even though it's technically a year 1. After all, No Back Up Plans has gotten way more love in Year 2, it's basically a new exotic.

Edit: actually it's not totally clear that the two new exotics are both armors although that's the best bet given the data mining.

I hope they bring back the mida multi tool.

Ooh baby, yes pls. Skating Titans get even more speeeeed. Kreygasm.

Wait what!?! Really?

Yep. Frenden got the scout (since he's a lucky bastard). The helmet has been spotted in the wild, etc. Reddit had a list of confirmed IB package rewards and it seemed clear that any IB armor, weapon, ghost or artifact could drop, same as Trials bounty rewards.

seems like chaperone got buffed lol

the gun was never any good with body shots--good players are getting a significant damage increase for the critical shots--we'll see how the global shotgun changes effect it though

GlamFM

Banned
Yep. Frenden got the scout (since he's a lucky bastard). The helmet has been spotted in the wild, etc. Reddit had a list of confirmed IB package rewards and it seemed clear that any IB armor, weapon, ghost or artifact could drop, same as Trials bounty rewards.

Holy shit!

Are these drops passt rank 5 only?

I have to play a lot this weekend - need the helmet!

Perhaps whichever class doesn't get a new one will have an extra updated Year 1 exotic, especially something that has special new perks even though it's technically a year 1. After all, No Back Up Plans has gotten way more love in Year 2, it's basically a new exotic.

Still a bit weird considering there are 9 missing which they could have just given us 3 every month + updated ones to 'tie us over' till the launch of whatever they are announcing at PSX. Then again I am not Bungie so back to shooting mans in Battlefront for me.

Agreed about the possibility of them not being armour, but unless it is Solar/Void Lord then I'm guessing that it will be Garrison and Spider Chest (since they at least have 'dropped' for people).

Holy shit!

Are these drops passt rank 5 only?

I have to play a lot this weekend - need the helmet!

No, from Rank 5 packages.

Rubenov

Just chiming in to say the guys in charge of weapon balancing are ridiculous.

I've never played a game for so long (over a year now I guess) where the most basic stats of gun play have been adjusted and readjusted to this degree. It's not as if there are new reasons to change anything. The devs are just constantly unhappy with what people are using. Makes me think there's a different guy in charge every few months with different ideologies. Maybe they just like to shake it up? What ever the case it's ridiculous.

Yep. I've gotten used to and adapted to each new change, but just when you get good with current weapons they change it up on you.

seems like chaperone got buffed lol

the gun was never any good with body shots--good players are getting a significant damage increase for the critical shots--we'll see how the global shotgun changes effect it though

precision damage is buffed but with ADS and movement nerf, it's still hit hard.

basically the same thing that happened to TLW. Maybe i should find a different weapon for the gif though lol

precision damage is buffed but with ADS and movement nerf, it's still hit hard.

basically the same thing that happened to TLW. Maybe i should find a different weapon for the gif though lol

nah the gif is fine, getting into that range to land the shot seems like its going to be a lot tougher, but we'll see--maybe replace it with a conspiracy theory d though--if that gun isn't capable of one shotting from range....yeeshh, goes to trash tier immediately

interested in seeing how autorifles are now--supercell seems like its gonna be good

I'm glad more exotics are getting added. I'm sure challenge modes will be cool. But that said, I really hope Bungie announces more actual content in the very near future. It would be nice to hear what else is coming down the pipe so I know I have a reason to be pushing for a higher light level as we go forward.

Serious question - why do people nightfall?

What good can come out of it?

For me personally I am chasing 310 exotic weapons for collection purposes and to save me infusing up from 290. Or strange coins. Or even 290 exotics will do for shards.

I restarted on PS4 for TTK(previously X1) so I have like 15 coins and 2 exotic shards right now.

My IB haul:
Scout, auto, and fusion rifles from lvl5 packages (each with a ghost)
A couple of ghosts, hand cannons, and machine guns + 1 ship as end-of-match rewards.

Balancing around most popular loadout means the game power creeps up to that level. Power creep makes it difficult to introduce anything new and diminishes the nuance of the game. Like how an orchestral piece has dynamics and crescendos - power creep would just turn all the instruments to max loudness and the sound would be muddled.

It would however work if they buffed everything to around the main loadout and then nerfed all of them simultaneously, because then there is a base. Pushing and pulling without a base creates a never ending cycle like how we see now.

is it possible for everything to be perfectly balanced? i don't think so

people will always find that one weapon that gives any kind of an edge

in a game with so many variables in weapons and subclasses i don't know what people are expecting really

I'm curious what multiplayer shooters people have played that they consider perfectly balanced that doesn't consist of everyone having the same exact loadouts

giphy.gif

Tweet that to bungie, they need to see it lol.

Edit: actually it's not totally clear that the two new exotics are both armors although that's the best bet given the data mining.

Ooh baby, yes pls. Skating Titans get even more speeeeed. Kreygasm.

I aint been playing IB at all this week but if the helmet has been spotted then OUUU LAWWWDDDD I think I have to give it a shot. I want that Titan helmet.

Yep. I've gotten used to and adapted to each new change, but just when you get good with current weapons they change it up on you.

hey dude, you gonna be around when Trials launches or not until later? I should actually have more time to play today unlike last week when there was a bunch of life stuff in the way.

Jinjo

Are you talking about my bet that they'd nerf the No Knight strat somehow? If so, trust me that I've already made peace with the eventual demise of my beloved Atheons Epilogue. It'll be the first VoG weapon or armor I delete.

Gotta find excuses to keep running VoG and get a new one. I'll post a dismantle gif once the December patch drops, just to be on the safe side.

Good night, sweet prince. I'll never forget you. "Near, far, whereeeeevverr yooou are...."

Nah, the bet was not about nerfing the No-knight strat (imo the Double Bubble Malice strat is way superior too), it was about it being impossible to sherpa absolute complete newbies through KF HM. You'd get two fellow sherpa's of your choice and the guy that placed the bet would supply three of the biggest idiots around and claimed it'd be impossible to beat KF HM (Oryx). If I remember all that correctly. I feel i've beaten that bet more than several times already on my own
(on a near weekly basis, hi Mr-S, drizzle & Cloud :p)

What bet did you place lol?

I miss the mythoclast. It's still probably the coolest looking weapon in the game. I loved tearing shit up in pvp back when it was OP. Which I didn't even know until later.

Rubenov

hey dude, you gonna be around when Trials launches or not until later? I should actually have more time to play today unlike last week when there was a bunch of life stuff in the way.

Don't know yet depending on how work goes, right now planning to do 1 run during lunch (reset). In other matters, these are the weapons that will dominate in the upcoming balance patch, untested still of course:

- Eyesluna: It's pretty good right now, but with the ADS fix, the fact that it's basically Hawkmoon without the lucky bullets, and Hawkmoon getting a range nerf, this hand cannon will be very powerful.

- Tlaloc: A beast of a scout (with signature perc on), but sometimes got outgunnned by pulses. With pulse nerf incoming, this weapon will dominate everything.

- Zhalos supercell: Good right now, and getting a 7% damage buff? Yes please.

RIP all shotguns. These are getting ABSOLUTELY destroyed. You will see some fancy Chaperone users still but with the nerf to their movement speed and ADS speed (along with range nerf), these people will often be at a disadvantage.

With snipers AA untouched, and them getting a range buff, I expext the game to become little more than long distance sniping battles over and over. Really saddened by this tbh.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but if MIDA makes a Year 2 comeback in December drop everything and get this!

GorillaJu

- Eyesluna: It's pretty good right now, but with the ADS fix, the fact that it's basically Hawkmoon without the lucky bullets, and Hawkmoon getting a range nerf, this hand cannon will be very powerful.

Better than Hawkmoon with a good roll!

The IB HC has almost the same stats as the Eyasluna. Same impact, range and rate of fire but lower stability. It'll be a good econo-versoin since it's so readily available

spyder_ur

Don't know yet depending on how work goes, right now planning to do 1 run during lunch (reset). In other words, these are the weapons that will dominate in the upcoming balance patch, untested still of course:

- Tlaloc: A beast of a scout (with signature perc on), but sometimes got outgunnned by pulses. With pulse nerf incoming, this weapon will dominate everything.

- Zhalos supercell: Good right now, and getting a 7% damage buff? Yes please.

RIP all shotguns. These are getting ABSOLUTELY destroyed. You will see some fancy Chaperone users still but with the nerf to their movement speed and ADS speed (along with range nerf), these people will often be at a disadvantage.

With snipers AA untouched, and them getting a range buff, I expext the game to become little more than long distance sniping battles over and over. Really saddened by this tbh.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but if MIDA makes a Year 2 comeback in December drop everything and get this!

I feel like fast firing scouts will be in demand, though I'm not sure the new maps support them all that much.

MIDA was the first gun I though of when they were talking about additional Y1 exotics.

Getting frustrated by the nerfs to everything though. Once again shotguns will probably be useless in PvE.

I cry for Hawkmoon. I get that they are balancing the HC buff, but that poor gun...

zewone

Just read the weapon tuning post.

Most of the changes sound good, but my number one complaint in PvP (ridiculous aim assist with sniper rifle) wasn't addressed.

Really makes me not want to come back to playing Destiny.

Eh, if the assault rifle buff does its job then they'll take the place of shotguns in rush builds.

I expect the Hung Jury will be a potential meta in 2.0, amongst other strong scouts--it's already capable of competing with high tier pulse rifles as is

Changes:
Reduce base damage.
Low RoF (The Messenger, Spare Change): 9% base damage reduction
Med RoF (Hawksaw, No Time To Explain, Red Death): 8% base damage reduction
High RoF (Bad Juju): 8% base damage reduction
Highest RoF (Grasp of Marok): 2% base damage reduction
Reduce damage falloff to start between Auto Rifle and Hand Cannon ranges.
A low range Pulse Rifle will have shorter damage falloff than an average Hand Cannon.
A high range Pulse Rifle will have farther damage falloff than an average Hand Cannon.
Increase base damage against AI combatants to 1.3x (was 1.25x).

Hawksaw is considered medium RoF?

GorillaJu

Interesting that while PRs are top of the pile for crucible kills, Zhalo is currently the most popular gun.

I mean that's probably because there are so many viable PRs. Grasp, Suros PDX 41/45, Herja D, Lyudmilia, Nirwen's, Reflection Sum, NTTE...

Also not sure that Hung Jury/Tlaloc are gonna be quite so godlike as some are predicting. Basing this just off the idea that shotguns will vanish and snipers will be the long range weapon of choice.

I think we'll see lots of auto rifle + sniper loadouts.

I'm really curious how the First Curse will be. Don't have a TLW so can't get one myself.

So wait, did the update say Iron Banner would extend into next week?

"Iron Banner Clash continues through the Weekly Reset"

If so, I don't need to worry about hopping on today.

Rubenov

Also not sure that Hung Jury/Tlaloc are gonna be quite so godlike as some are predicting. Basing this just off the idea that shotguns will vanish and snipers will be the long range weapon of choice.

Tlaloc is already god-like. It's limited by the fact that it is Warlock-only and that most people are impatient about holding on to their supers.

Interesting that while PRs are top of the pile for crucible kills, Zhalo is currently the most popular gun.

I mean that's probably because there are so many viable PRs. Grasp, Suros PDX 41/45, Herja D, Lyudmilia, Nirwen's, Reflection Sum, NTTE...

I think we'll see lots of auto rifle + sniper loadouts.

I'm really curious how the First Curse will be. Don't have a TLW so can't get one myself.

Eh, I doubt it'll be anything special considering how slow it is.

If Ace of Spades wasn't class specific, it would be the top Hand Cannon with these changes. ADS buff makes The Last Word more reliable though so it'll probably creep back up.

So wait, did the update say Iron Banner would extend into next week?

"Iron Banner Clash continues through the Weekly Reset"

If so, I don't need to worry about hopping on today.

I think that's just poorly worded and meant to say that IB will be here until the weekly reset (Tuesday 4am EST).

Rest of that paragraph is just talking about new IB details. It would be very strange if it kept going after the rest, no precedent for that.

X-Frame

If MIDA returns in Year 2 with no nerfs then damn that thing is going to wreck, especially with all the bonuses it provides.

And if TLW is maybe 50% of the way to where it was pre-2.0 then it also could be a great deadly close-quarters gun again. Here's to hoping because those shotgun nerfs look brutal.

Top Bottom