• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

HighOnPCP

I swear if they make pulse rifles as bad as auto rifles I'm done with Destiny. "Shotguns coming in" what does that mean?

My mentality has always been to buff the "weak" stuff instead of nerfing the good stuff. From what I'm reading out of these notes Pulse Rifle damage is just being slightly reduced and a bit more damage fall-off on depending on range so they'll probably still be beastly.

Trying to get caught up on the news today, excited about how much info they dropped. I'll be down for some Banner trains in a bit if anybody is still rolling. Wanna knock out some daily bounties before reset.

NStalker is a freakin blast. Tether takes more understanding than most supers. Too often people use it offensively like it's Golden Gun which doesn't work well. But it's the best defensive super in the game and excels at area control. You may not get tons of kills with it but if you can control heavy spawns and shut down some hammers then it's a huge boost to your team.

The super with the highest skill ceiling is still Arc Blade (insert fighting words here).

I'll be hopping on for some IB in 20-30

Is this weapon Eris wants me to build any good, or is it a Necrochasm situation?

its use is limited more or less to a couple sections in the raid but its way more interesting than the necrochasm ever was

both in its appearance and perk it lives up to being an "exotic" weapon

My mentality has always been to buff the "weak" stuff instead of nerfing the good stuff. From what I'm reading out of these notes Pulse Rifle damage is just being slightly reduced and a bit more damage fall-off on depending on range so they'll probably still be beastly.
Which is fine as long as they don't neuter them. I've always loved pulse rifles and if they are garbage I will be the saltiest person on earth.

^sounds good Dan. I might not be on quite that soon but I'll be down to play through the daily reset.

Cool thanks.

What's the best use of my Ascendant/Radiant Shards? Trade them in for Motes of Light? What about Energy?

Convert everything into Motes and Glimmer, depending on how much you need Weapon Parts. Motes are very useful for quickly leveling up gear and for ranking up factions for rewards including weapons, armor, emblems, shaders and ships.

Edit: and yeah Touch of Malice is excellent in the raid. And the final round damage boost actually makes it pretty unique in PvP since it breaks the intended RoF/impact archetype. Not for serious PvP but still fun.

Kyoufu

Cool thanks.

What's the best use of my Ascendant/Radiant Shards? Trade them in for Motes of Light? What about Energy?

Motes or Glimmer depending on if you need Weapon Parts or not. Convert Energy into Shard.

edit: why did I basically just repeat Drizzay? I'm losing it.

XenoRaven

^sounds good Dan. I might not be on quite that soon but I'll be down to play through the daily reset.

Convert everything into Motes and Glimmer, depending on how much you need Weapon Parts. Motes are very useful for quickly leveling up gear and for ranking up factions for rewards including weapons, armor, emblems, shaders and ships.

Edit: and yeah Touch of Malice is excellent in the raid. And the final round damage boost actually makes it pretty unique in PvP since it breaks the intended RoF/impact archetype. Not for serious PvP but still fun.

Motes or Glimmer depending on if you need Weapon Parts or not. Convert Energy into Shard.

edit: why did I basically just repeat Drizzay? I'm losing it.
Thanks guys.

Pons

Neo Member
Thanks for leading it Hawk, was good fun....won't mention the person who probably should have a gaf title "Fails at Jumping puzzles" :L lol

me :*(

The roll 2 version of Lyudmila-D is an absolute beast in Crucible.

I really like Iron Banner Clash. Just been solo-queuing this week for a few matches here and there and almost every game is going down to the wire. No blowouts at all. It makes for more enjoyable experience (except for the invincible, teleporting Lag Titan on Pantheon) than Control.

Defuser

I can't believe they nerf Hawkmoon again. Dammit Bungie,the reason Hawkmoon was used heavily in your stat readings because it was the only viable Handcannon to use when the rest of the handcannons are shit due to your nerfs and your logic is too nerf it even further? What the hell man.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can't believe the assholes are nerfing the chaperone. That weapon might as well not exist live, only a couple weirdos like me use it often. Suddenly some of the weak bladders at bungie start wetting their pants when playtesting shotguns and it gets trashed.

Fuck it.

I can't believe they nerf Hawkmoon again. Dammit Bungie,the reason Hawkmoon was used heavily in your stat readings because it was the only viable Handcannon to use when the rest of the handcannons are shit due to your nerfs and your logic is too nerf it even further? What the hell man.

They're nerfing it because it became too strong when played along with the incoming HC buffs in general.

Strider

rofl this Imprecation quest is hands down the hardest crucible quest I've ever attempted.

I don't understand how my shots are not precision shots... this HC accuracy is just mindblowing

I'll have to come back to this another day

GorillaJu

Can't believe the assholes are nerfing the chaperone. That weapon might as well not exist live, only a couple weirdos like me use it often. Suddenly some of the weak bladders at bungie start wetting their pants when playtesting shotguns and it gets trashed.

Fuck it.

You are literally complaining about a nerf to a gun that is too strong in internal testing, having had no opportunity to use it yourself.

Frenden

Banned
rofl this Imprecation quest is hands down the hardest crucible quest I've ever attempted.

I don't understand how my shots are not precision shots... this HC accuracy is just mindblowing

I'll have to come back to this another day

I got it after three or four VERY STRESSFUL, CURSE FILLED matches. SO MUCH CURSING.

Maybe that's what they mean by the first curse.

Lost seven games in a row solo queuing iron banner.

cml4Y2L.jpg

I got it after three or four VERY STRESSFUL, CURSE FILLED matches. SO MUCH CURSING.

Maybe that's what they mean by the first curse.

Haha it was the same for me. First two games I got 6/7 headshots and got super annoyed. Third game I got 10+, had to weaken opponents with nades and body shots, then line up the headshot from melee range.

Like... I can't.... I don't understand....

My reticule means nothing

The range on that gun is garbage. You basically have to get really close for the shot to register. Weaken your opponent then rush in like you would with a shotgun. Classic free for all is the best place to do it.

No one responds when I ask for a train :(
No one reads the thread and just post away :p

Edit: either top of the page or in the middle of the page?! Which one is it ;)

Currently in iRAWR's life, stressing out since I can't find a lab :/ which my last year of my masters is pure lab work..without it I cant graduate. 3 professors I emailed, 1 is writing a text book and the other has no funding. Blah stressing out :(

Frenden

Banned
Haha it was the same for me. First two games I got 6/7 headshots and got super annoyed. Third game I got 10+, had to weaken opponents with nades and body shots, then line up the headshot from melee range.

That mirrors my experience, yup. A few matches one kill away from closing it out only to end a few seconds and a kill short. I was preeeetty close to chucking my controller at the wall for one of them.

That mirrors my experience, yup. A few matches one kill away from closing it out only to end a few seconds and a kill short. I was preeeetty close to chucking my controller at the wall for one of them.

Worst part is since that day my first curse has been sitting in the vault. Gave it a spin after leveling it up, and it went back straight into storage.

Weapons like Chaperone, First curse, NTTE and exotic swords, that have lengthy and relatively hard quest chains to obtain, should be OP from the start and not require nor be subjected to nerfs or buffs.

Only the exotic swords have performed in that OP manner and I'll be damned if bungie decides to nerf them in the future...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That seemed like a weird change. Sounds like three body shots if you miss the crit. Which is lolbad. But the crits should stop a tank. Pretty lame unless I'm missing something.

Exactly.

Right now it's two shots to the body and it's gonna be three after the update

The only reason it's getting that nerf is that it wins against every other shotty if they don't get the one shot.

Tested in a shotty rich environment like a dev play testing shotty changes it's going to look strong and that's why the weak bladdered pant pissing testers at Bungie are getting it nerfed.

It was non existent in crucible before, they might as well remove it from the database now and replace it with a wet noodle.

Top Bottom