• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Chaperone was never meant to be used for two easy body shots. It's a precision shotgun. Get headshots and you'll probably out distance other shotguns, especially with the increased precision modifier.

Chaperone was never meant to be used for two easy body shots. It's a precision shotgun. Get headshots and you'll probably out distance other shotguns, especially with the increased precision modifier.

It only becomes good to use because they had to nerf other shotguns @_@

Then they'll just nerf chaperone if it sees high use next. It's a never ending circle of nerf.

It's one thing watching the best of the best through streams, but playing against them is another experience. I actually matched up against TripleWreck and his team and we got mercied. I told him gg and he responded. I wish I was as good as him holy shit.

No, but it was the only Plan B for a weapon with a very narrow focus and viability.

But who cares now, the decision is made. Only a couple goofballs used it before now it's just going to be another dead exotic.

If it sucks they will rebuff it. They just don't want it to be the preferred shotgun option.

deadduck

That changes makes high impact pulses useless as they need an extra burst. Extra burst on high/medium rof aren't as bad.

Apart from range, nothing has really been done to change the way some people use the shotgun as a primary. Good move IMHO. The Chaperone will still be a beast in the right hands (not mine) and kill at long range with a headshot (its nearly double the quest conspiracy theory range).

The Supercell will reign.

Handcannon accuracy, yes. TLW?

Goodbye LiTC, you will not be missed.

XenoRaven

On that note, tonight I learned you can use armor items from one class to infuse another (Hunter chest to improve Titan chest). Mind. Blown.
Interesting. I'll keep this in mind if I ever get a Warlock drop, since I could never bring myself so low as to play as one of those nerds.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait, what's the definition of an IB "train"? I thought it was just fireteaming up to have teammates that arent soloqueue. Am I missing something?

I wonder if the buffs make Fabian's strategy actually viable. Would be interesting.

I might whip out my old scout rifle again... My 307 trials pulse is faring well but the "not like the others" has "felt" the best of all the guns I've used so far. (Well, the eirene comes close)

Frenden

Banned
CUPTouNUcAA-8sG.jpg:large

Iron Banner hand cannon here. Was 3 v. 6 for a lot of it. So much carry. But the hand cannon was a star.

maomaoIYP

Wait, what's the definition of an IB "train"? I thought it was just fireteaming up to have teammates that arent soloqueue. Am I missing something?

I wonder if the buffs make Fabian's strategy actually viable. Would be interesting.

I might whip out my old scout rifle again... My 307 trials pulse is faring well but the "not like the others" has "felt" the best of all the guns I've used so far. (Well, the eirene comes close)

It's a train because it steamrolls other teams. DGaf has lots of great PvP players!

Feorax

Played 2 games this morning, got the (fugly) ship and the hand cannon (290...) back to back.

Wonder if the drop rate has been increased?

Another awful weekly update, Deej had actually nothing to say, again. Weapon update we'll have to see how it falls but on paper it doesn't look like the answer i'm looking for

GorillaJu

That changes makes high impact pulses useless as they need an extra burst. Extra burst on high/medium rof aren't as bad.

Apart from range, nothing has really been done to change the way some people use the shotgun as a primary. Good move IMHO. The Chaperone will still be a beast in the right hands (not mine) and kill at long range with a headshot (its nearly double the quest conspiracy theory range).

The Supercell will reign.

Handcannon accuracy, yes. TLW?

Goodbye LiTC, you will not be missed.

I think he hand cannon buff is primarily to ADS accuracy, so TLW probably won't be affected too much.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is there anything worthwile ordering from the gunsmith?

I'm doinf surprisingly well in soloqueue IB and I usually am not too great at PVP, go figure

sephi22

After playing a few hours of IB and not getting any good drops, this happened!

I don't know what to think about this gun. I'm not a handcannon guy, missed Y1 so missed TLW/Thorn craze, and this gun's stats confuse me. Is stability more important or range on Handcannons?

The Vendor Peril seems to be good because of Smallbore giving more stability and range. My Peril has
Truesight/Sureshot/Quickdraw, Last Resort, Hammer Forged/Braced Frame/Feather Mag, and Third Eye. Since HCs are getting buffed in December, I'd like to collect good ones. Is this one any good or should I scrap it and buy the vendor one?

glaurung

My main group creamed HM Oryx for the first time last night. It was a perfect run as well.

That final missing trophy get!

The bad news - not a single primary drop for anyone.

bitsurugi

Not gonna lie - Destiny is beginning to feel like a Frankenstein of a game with all these balances.

I swear to god, i really don't get Bungie balance/crucible team.

In my opinion, what they are doing is plain wrong and they should literally learn to balance from other companies.

PR were garbage up to almost HoW. Literally NO ONE used them. Buff, buff, buff, ... bam.. everyone used them. Now they SUPER NERF them AGAIN. 10% dmg is A LOT! Really lot.

Why not nerf by 1-2%, if it's not enough, NERF AGAIN, slowly!

So basically, i have been trying to acquire a good Hawksaw for 3 months, i got one decent, now, in 2 weeks, will be garbage. I will probably have to acquire the new flavor or the trimester again, rinse & repeat.

Hand cannon buff, AR buff? Yeah, very much needed. Why? Cause the nerf was too big last time!

Bungie, i swear, you always do this huge nerf/buffs! That's always bad (example: shotguns in PVE - 100% buff, then nerfed again, by almost the same value!)

Why not use public test servers? Blizzard does it, it's amazing. Test out just pvp for a few weeks. Nerf/buff by smaller percentage.

Shotguns: my prediction is that the nerf will be too strong. ADS, stow etc. wasn't the issue here. If person A gets into my face, i should melt him in millisecond once he comes behind that corner. Now with slow ADS, stow etc. i can't punish him as now.

Biggest issue of shotguns in my opinion was this:
person A and B see each other at a mid distance. Person A has a shotgun, person B a primary. There should be NO WAY for A to close the gap to B and shotgun him. Now, person A ''warriors'' through B fire, thanks to blink or super high agility he comes with a sliver of health to B and oneshots him.
That death for B is unfair.

They should just add that ANY incoming fire slows you walk/run/jump speed significantly, that way you can't close distance gaps by ''warrioring'' through enemy fire.

Another nerf could be in ammo capacity. Each ammo box adds 3-4 shotgun shells, that way you must think when to use shotgun.

So now, you basically are restricted to snipers. I cannot believe Bungie doesn't see snipers are OP right now. Snipers should never have this super fast ADS and should never quickscope ppl at mid/low distance. Also aim assist right now is beyond overpowered. I swear to god with my 1000y/snapshot/HH sniper i can pull some crazy shots and i don't consider myself that amazing with snipers.
Often i see streamers using sniper as ''primary'' (headshot from distance, bodyshot from close/mid) and primary as a ''finish him'' weapon after the bodyshot.
Why is this different that a guy shotgunning all match?

Again, nerfs should be in AA and ammo capacity. Can't be sniping whole game, come on.

Balance changes are always debatable and there will always be different point of views, but my main point is... please, for the love of god, don't buff/nerf into oblivion, do small changes. By huge nerfs/buffs the result will always be a CHANGE in the ''flavor of the month'', there will always be big gaps between weapon archetypes.
The goal should always have more viable weapons, with small effective differences between them.

And leave PVE alone. I fear PR will be crap in PVE (they did buff PVE dmg, but seems like an effective nerf in the end).

PS: if they bring back MIDA to Y2 i know what weapon i will use from now on ^^
PPS: i bet VexM and Necrochasm will be back, since ppl demand that on reddit and we know how Bungie loves reddit posts.

Jinjo

KF Newbie Raid #4 down! Everyone did great. :)

It definitely is the most challenging of the three to run as a newbie raid, in part because more coordination is required but also because it can be tougher than the others to determine where a problem is. But also by far the most satisfying to complete. I finally got the Titan helm (the only armor piece on any class I cared about in this raid) on killing the big guy too so I'm happy.

I feel having three sherpa's is perfect for KF. You'll have a good chance of landing a solid runner in daughters and with Oryx you designate one sherpa to running, and two sherpa's as floaters for Ogre DPS. The only thing the "newbies" have to do is take out the knights and jump on the platforms in order. Runner takes down the vessel and focuses on remaining knights. As long as I'm raiding with two of my regular GAF people we have zero problems with pick-ups, no matter how scrubby lol.

You still remember who issued a bet on that again a while back? :p

That bad huh? Solo has been nothing short of disastrous for me, every game I get the players playing with their feet.

Man you guys wrecked that other train with a titan hammer!

We got the train up to cruising speed eventually but it had a shaky start. I think the team lost the first 4 games (and I got DC'ed from 3 of them....) then we've since knocked out 5 straight wins.

Got all the bounties done for yesterday and today so that's something. Should be able to hit rank 5 with tomorrow's daily bounties then turning in the weeklies. Haven't touched my Warlock but should be easy enough to rank her up with the alt character bonus and turning in the weeklies on Monday.

Nuszka

I swear to god, i really don't get Bungie balance/crucible team.

In my opinion, what they are doing is plain wrong and they should literally learn to balance from other companies.

PR were garbage up to almost HoW. Literally NO ONE used them. Buff, buff, buff, ... bam.. everyone used them. Now they SUPER NERF them AGAIN. 10% dmg is A LOT! Really lot.

Why not nerf by 1-2%, if it's not enough, NERF AGAIN, slowly!

So basically, i have been trying to acquire a good Hawksaw for 3 months, i got one decent, now, in 2 weeks, will be garbage. I will probably have to acquire the new flavor or the trimester again, rinse & repeat.

Hand cannon buff, AR buff? Yeah, very much needed. Why? Cause the nerf was too big last time!

Bungie, i swear, you always do this huge nerf/buffs! That's always bad (example: shotguns in PVE - 100% buff, then nerfed again, by almost the same value!)

Why not use public test servers? Blizzard does it, it's amazing. Test out just pvp for a few weeks. Nerf/buff by smaller percentage.

Shotguns: my prediction is that the nerf will be too strong. ADS, stow etc. wasn't the issue here. If person A gets into my face, i should melt him in millisecond once he comes behind that corner. Now with slow ADS, stow etc. i can't punish him as now.

Biggest issue of shotguns in my opinion was this:
person A and B see each other at a mid distance. Person A has a shotgun, person B a primary. There should be NO WAY for A to close the gap to B and shotgun him. Now, person A ''warriors'' through B fire, thanks to blink or super high agility he comes with a sliver of health to B and oneshots him.
That death for B is unfair.

They should just add that ANY incoming fire slows you walk/run/jump speed significantly, that way you can't close distance gaps by ''warrioring'' through enemy fire.

Another nerf could be in ammo capacity. Each ammo box adds 3-4 shotgun shells, that way you must think when to use shotgun.

So now, you basically are restricted to snipers. I cannot believe Bungie doesn't see snipers are OP right now. Snipers should never have this super fast ADS and should never quickscope ppl at mid/low distance. Also aim assist right now is beyond overpowered. I swear to god with my 1000y/snapshot/HH sniper i can pull some crazy shots and i don't consider myself that amazing with snipers.
Often i see streamers using sniper as ''primary'' (headshot from distance, bodyshot from close/mid) and primary as a ''finish him'' weapon after the bodyshot.

Again, nerfs should be in AA and ammo capacity. Can't be sniping whole game, come on.

Balance changes are always debatable and there will always be different point of views, but my main point is... please, for the love of god, don't buff/nerf into oblivion, do small changes. By huge nerfs/buffs the result will always be a CHANGE in the ''flavor of the month'', there will always be big gaps between weapon archetypes.
The goal should always have more viable weapons, with small effective differences between them.

And leave PVE alone. I fear PR will be crap in PVE (they did buff PVE dmg, but seems like an effective nerf in the end).

PS: if they bring back MIDA to Y2 i know what weapon i will use from now on ^^
PPS: i bet VexM and Necrochasm will be back, since ppl demand that on reddit and we know how Bungie loves reddit posts.

This post does not deserve to be on the bottom of a page.
I do agree with everything you wrote here, but we have been getting the "balances" this way for the past year and it doesn't look like it will change at all.
My main worry is that they still completely ignore the matchmaking system and ridiculous lag in many instances. Currently i keep on jumping between destiny and blops3 and for me the online experience in cod is so much better. Destiny's 2 marketing quotes : "dedicated servers","custom games" they need to have something new for us for the next installment.

Jinjo

Excellent post. I agree with everything you said, but especially the bit I quoted. Snipers now are just as bad as shotguns. I've never seen a game were so many snipers run around headshotting everyone that shows their face. It is way, and way too fucking easy. I get that it's a console/arcade shooter, but there should be some actual skill required to using a sniper. Most matches now start with a snipe-off between teams for the first few minutes 'till everyone runs out of ammo.

Top Bottom