• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Number45

Interesting that while PRs are top of the pile for crucible kills, Zhalo is currently the most popular gun.
I picked up the quest to get AR kills in crucible the other day and used the Zhalo... it's actually pretty good, particularly if the enemy are tightly grouped.

I'm really curious how the First Curse will be. Don't have a TLW so can't get one myself.
You don't need TLW for The First Curse (I have the The First Curse, but I still haven't moved the quest that needs TLW (is that for The Chaperon?)). You'll get a terrible HC from the Gunsmith (Imprecation, which is apparently also getting buffed now that I've done the quest) which you need to get precision kills with in the crucible and PvE (and infuse it up to I think 260).

Bungie are blind if they can't see how op snipers have become. With that huge amount of aim assist they got, the bullets fired have more tracking than Truth rocket.

Know this is old now. But in IB last night I fired a sniper shot. Towards the head of a warlock. Who then blinked. The trail of the round actually jumped to where the blink animation ended and gave me a body shot.

it's actually kind of amusing.

since PRs are getting a slight nerf and snipers are staying the same, we will definitely see more scouts to combat them.

Sniper + Hand Cannon
Auto + Fusion Rifle
Scout and Scout + Sidearm

Number45

Know this is old now. But in IB last night I fired a sniper shot. Towards the head of a warlock. Who then blinked. The trail of the round actually jumped to where the blink animation ended and gave me a body shot.
Surely this is just the game calculating that it would have been a hit when the shot was first fired and making the adjustment necessary? Should you be able to dodge (blink or otherwise) an already fired shot from a high velocity rifle?

it's actually kind of amusing.

since PRs are getting a slight nerf and snipers are staying the same, we will definitely see more scouts to combat them.

Sniper + Hand Cannon
Scout + Fusion Rifle
Pulse + Sidearm
All I have in my special slots are vendor 1KYS, Eirene RR4 and a Telesto - I don't care for anything else in that slot in terms of enjoying using them. I'd be more than happy to be able to use the Telesto more in PvP, it's a lot of fun to use.

Don't know yet depending on how work goes, right now planning to do 1 run during lunch (reset). In other matters, these are the weapons that will dominate in the upcoming balance patch, untested still of course:

- Eyesluna: It's pretty good right now, but with the ADS fix, the fact that it's basically Hawkmoon without the lucky bullets, and Hawkmoon getting a range nerf, this hand cannon will be very powerful.

- Tlaloc: A beast of a scout (with signature perc on), but sometimes got outgunnned by pulses. With pulse nerf incoming, this weapon will dominate everything.

- Zhalos supercell: Good right now, and getting a 7% damage buff? Yes please.

RIP all shotguns. These are getting ABSOLUTELY destroyed. You will see some fancy Chaperone users still but with the nerf to their movement speed and ADS speed (along with range nerf), these people will often be at a disadvantage.

With snipers AA untouched, and them getting a range buff, I expext the game to become little more than long distance sniping battles over and over. Really saddened by this tbh.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but if MIDA makes a Year 2 comeback in December drop everything and get this!

This Just thinking abou-...*vomits*

noomi

If MIDA returns in Year 2 with no nerfs then damn that thing is going to wreck, especially with all the bonuses it provides.

And if TLW is maybe 50% of the way to where it was pre-2.0 then it also could be a great deadly close-quarters gun again. Here's to hoping because those shotgun nerfs look brutal.

I'm really hoping they bring the MIDA into year 2, that weapon is just fun as hell to use.

Why is Zhalo popular in PvP now and not the Monte Carlo? Aren't they the same archetype?

Zhalo's impact is decent, and the flinch it causes on the enemy your shooting makes it hard to fight back against. It's going to be even better.

I fully expect to see the Suros Regime become a beast in PvP again. Also Red Spectre could be very promising after the AR buffs.

Nuszka

Kinda glad that this patch releases in december, would be so torn if it was coming out sooner. Next week it will be all about Old Hunters.

Also, someone mentioned last night(Frenden?Macello?) Bungie released some stats about Sunbreakers and Stormcallers? Apparently Stormcallers get more kills with their supers? If that's true, what version of Destiny is Bungie playing?

When you hear a stormcaller do you run? No, because they can be 1HKO with a super, sniper, and or focus fired. Heck, you can even trade 1v1 with a good shotgun on them.

When you hear a sunbreak do you run? Yes. Unless you're a nightstalker or defender titan.

Edit: Not to mention the sheer mobility a Titan has over a Warlock.

Finding clash much more stressful then control for IB. At least in Control you can chill out a bit and just focus on defending a point. Clash is just run around like crazy the entire time with enemies spawning all over the place, constantly coming up behind you etc.

noomi

Kinda glad that this patch releases in december, would be so torn if it was coming out sooner. Next week it will be all about Old Hunters.

Downloaded the patch this morning, I AM READY.
to get owned again by all the bosses and impossible challenges :p

I'm going to need you to bring me up to speed on what I've missed over the past few patches, your my go-to Bloodborne guy haha.

Either way, I'm looking at a very busy weekend, will try to come on Sunday if possible.

Nah, the bet was not about nerfing the No-knight strat (imo the Double Bubble Malice strat is way superior too), it was about it being impossible to sherpa absolute complete newbies through KF HM. You'd get two fellow sherpa's of your choice and the guy that placed the bet would supply three of the biggest idiots around and claimed it'd be impossible to beat KF HM (Oryx). If I remember all that correctly. I feel i've beaten that bet more than several times already on my own
(on a near weekly basis, hi Mr-S, drizzle & Cloud :p)

What bet did you place lol?

haha I bet that they would somehow patch the No Knight strat on Oryx to make it harder/not possible and force people to deal directly with the Knights. I said I'd dismantle my Atheon's Epilogue if I was wrong (sure it sucks, but it was my very first raid drop and has the most sentimental value). That ship has clearly sailed so my precious AE isn't long for the world.

For the record I never said they should nerf it or that I wanted them to, I never cared honestly. It just felt like one of those raid encounter strats they would deem "not working as intended" and add something silly to remove it (i.e. kill volumes on hobgoblin platforms for Templar). Good to see they're moving on from stuff like that.

X-Frame

Zhalo's impact is decent, and the flinch it causes on the enemy your shooting makes it hard to fight back against. It's going to be even better.

I fully expect to see the Suros Regime become a beast in PvP again. Also Red Spectre could be very promising after the AR buffs.

Thanks! But why specifically is Zhalo popular and not Monte Carlo? They're both the same archetype so shouldn't they have similar damage and flinch?

If shotguns start getting thrown in the bushes then it's going to be a lot easier to safely close distance for FoH and shoulder charges

This is what I suspect and hope too! In theory, reducing handling, ADS, and movement speed for shotguns should increase the chances of landing a successful Shoulder Charge.

Just fly around with a MIDA and charge everyone!

Also, someone mentioned last night(Frenden?Macello?) Bungie released some stats about Sunbreakers and Stormcallers? Apparently Stormcallers get more kills with their supers? If that's true, what version of Destiny is Bungie playing?

When you hear a stormcaller do you run? No, because they can be 1HKO with a super, sniper, and or focus fired. Heck, you can even trade 1v1 with a good shotgun on them.

When you hear a sunbreak do you run? Yes. Unless you're a nightstalker or defender titan.

Meant to post about this yesterday. I've been playing IB as a Stormcaller and the survivability difference between that and a Sunbreaker are insane.

I'd like to see stats on the percentage of Sunbreakers that survive throughout their entire super vs Stormcallers. SC is pretty much a kamikaze super with its limited range/mobility. I'm ok with that but it doesnt make sense that Sunbros become these unstoppable machines in comparison.

Thankfully, it looks like they might be addressed in December:
BWU said:
This is not the last you’ll hear from the Design Team before December. Sage has been thinking a lot about Titans, and he’ll share some thoughts on the matter before the update goes live.

I could actually believe this, having used both recently.

When I pop a sunbreaker, people either run and hide, or team-fire me and it's not very often I get a multi kill. I think I'm averaging two kills with my hammer.

With my FoH I save it until I know I'll get more than one kill with it, because it needs to be worth it to me. So I'm probably averaging 2.5-3 kills per FoH.

That said, I bet Trials really fucks up those numbers. People got really good at hiding from a Hammer in trails to the point that I was basically popping a hammer to scare away the other team so I could safely rez.

Unstable

The auto rifle meta is coming back with a vengeance.

Time to dust off my Suros.

We're all going to be using Scouts aren't we?

I don't think the data supports a Sunbreaker nerf. It was behind gunslinger in total effectiveness during iron banner stats they released not long ago.

It would help a lot to give sunbreakers incentive to go away from cauterize or stoke the forge, because nothing else is viable.

Hate mail is hilarious .. I'm cruising right along running IB solo, trying different guns and really not doing to great by my own admissions. When I get some hate mail telling me to "get my shitty sniper and leave" from a teammate that was on my team when we lost.

So I don't say anything .. The next 4 matches I do much better and really give it to him. Then send a little message of my own

All the excuses in the world start coming out.. My controller died 1 game.. My overall KD is better .. I have this many kills with my Titan blah blah blah

Some people really are delusional

noomi

Thanks! But why specifically is Zhalo popular and not Monte Carlo? They're both the same archetype so shouldn't they have similar damage and flinch?

Really not sure actually...I don't believe it has the same flinch effect as the zhalo though. The Monte Carlo is a very fun and unique weapon to use, especially for throwing knives and warlock melee.

Either way both weapons should be even better with these buffs :D

GutZ31

The auto rifle meta is coming back with a vengeance.

Time to dust off my Suros.

We're all going to be using Scouts aren't we?

Will first force myself to use hand cannons again, hoping they are usable.
Scouts do seem like they will be the winners of this patch though.

If the new meta will be ARs

giphy.gif

noomi

If the new meta will be ARs then it'll be a showdown between Suros and Zhalo.

Personally I'm rooting for Zhalo.

I'm thinking AR's and Scouts will be real good to use. Scout rifles are already in a pretty good place, and now with pulses getting nerfed, I feeling like people will start using them more and more.

flkraven

I understand pulses are being nerfed and so are shotties, but I don't understand anything else. So Snipers are actually better now? Who's idea was that? Also, what the fuck is going on with Fabian Strategy?

I understand pulses are being nerfed and so are shotties, but I don't understand anything else. So Snipers are actually better now? Who's idea was that? Also, what the fuck is going on with Fabian Strategy?

Autos got better
Sidearms equip and stow faster
Fusion Rifles and Hand Cannons are better when ADSd
Snipers more consistent (My 1000 aim bot sometimes didn't kill people across Exodus Blue for instance)

Rubenov

ARs are getting a significant buff at the same time pulse rifles are getting a sizable nerf. Meta will shift again for the next 3 months.

Top Bottom