• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

noomi

Nirwens Mercy vs Reflection Sum (Adept)

They both seem pretty close in terms of stats, any thoughts? Probably wont replace my grasp of malok either way, just curious.

I support this.

My idea, which numerous DGAFers have suggested here as well, is to put people who have gone flawless in to a seperate pool. At some point, people of all skill levels have a chance at the lighthouse. Just because Joe Destiny is playing people of his skill level doesn't mean those matches won't be sweaty for him. Destiny has always been this hill that anyone could climb with good people at their side.

Edit: Reddit is kind of a mixed bagged on Trials I've noticed. It feels 60/40 in favor over there and 30/70 in favor here. I hope they at least address some of the concern in the BWU.

This is also a great idea, im all for giving everyone an easier route to the lighthouse.

I second this as well. Everyone can beat HM Oryx, but not everyone can go flawless in Trials especially in this cluster of a meta. Why lock that away to "Competitive" players of Destiny? Getting 9-0 during HoW was fun and challenging, getting 9-0 now is fucking horrific especially the last two matches. I had teams with full red bar connection this should never happen in such a crunch moment in Trials but I guess they want us to work for mediocre non-elemental weapons way harder now.

I really think they need to look into this new MM system. We also had some really bad lag today when playing (both teams), connection should always be priority when looking for opponents. Im also not a big fan of this pulse rifle meta, but ive adjusted to it already. I just wish it didnt have to always be one weapon class in the lead.

You could be aggressive with Hand Cannons at close range or use Pulse Rifles at long range. There weren't any Sunbreakers pissing in our cereal (don't even, I main a Titan). People went into Crucible because they liked it or wanted to be there, not because quests and Marks lead them there anyways. So there weren't people dicking around with a sword hilt or quitting as much as they do because they've got quests that demand wins. I also got regular interesting drops - I had a Party Crasher in each element for PvE, Matador for PvP, Low Grade Humility for 6v6, etc. This kept the weapon parts coming in - even with re rolling, weapon parts weren't as scarce.

Now Crucible is full of players who don't like Crucible but want their Sword or Gunsmith bounty or whatever, or they're forced into going because they can only make a few marks a day and PvP is where half of them are. It's full of people who quit a match because they have a quest that they're not fulfilling in a given lobby. It's full of samey Pulse Rifles which all play the same - Red Death is Niwen's is Villainy is _________.

For all the "variety" out there, PRs everywhere feels far less diverse than Thorn/TLW/Messenger/Hawkmoon/Red Death.

I agree 100% Thorn's DoT had to be fixed to prevent the double tap. I also agree 100% TLW getting 111s down sights was a game breaking bug. And I'm aware HCs in general had too much range. But they fucked with the accuracy, and ruined PvP, and ruined the game in doing so.

I respect you liking the current state better, but stop acting like people who think it's garbage are being crazy. It's just a matter of preference and while I don't share yours, I won't get all sarcastic asking you how in the world you can find the current balance better.
I'm not sure how I'm being sarcastic because I want to know how year 1 meta was better. I'm not being sarcastic at all. You could be aggressive with hand cannons from any range, not just close. Getting killed without being able to react if you didn't have one of the holy trinity is annoying. Op perks actually broke the game. That's my problem with year 1. You told me why you like year 1 but the guy I responded to didn't say why.

Sunbreakers are nonsense so I have to agree with that and I main a hunter. People still rage quitted regardless of quests if they were getting their shit pushed in.

hey guys, sorry about the lack of comm's today - kinezo, deafmedal, drizzay, gibbshift, and johnofmars (gutz, i didn't think you were interested in maybe raiding tonight, sorry if i was incorrect) - halloween festivities took a lot more effort than i anticipated, lol, and my kids didn't get to bed until a half hour ago.
i'm hoping that maybe tomorrow night, we can run another KF from totems, or fresh?
priority will be given to prior FT members, but if anyone wants in, i'll include you as alts

KF NM, preferably from totems for me, as i'm just chasing loot to get to HM
10pm EDT, if that works?

1. rasengan1337

Alt1 Ichabod00
Alt2 Fahlco
Alt3
Alt4

sorry, but haven't gone through the OT to see who may have responded. original FT, who's down?
I can be an alt. Will be on my friends account. Ubergrmn

SkylineRKR

You could be aggressive with Hand Cannons at close range or use Pulse Rifles at long range. There weren't any Sunbreakers pissing in our cereal (don't even, I main a Titan). People went into Crucible because they liked it or wanted to be there, not because quests and Marks lead them there anyways. So there weren't people dicking around with a sword hilt or quitting as much as they do because they've got quests that demand wins. I also got regular interesting drops - I had a Party Crasher in each element for PvE, Matador for PvP, Low Grade Humility for 6v6, etc. This kept the weapon parts coming in - even with re rolling, weapon parts weren't as scarce.

Now Crucible is full of players who don't like Crucible but want their Sword or Gunsmith bounty or whatever, or they're forced into going because they can only make a few marks a day and PvP is where half of them are. It's full of people who quit a match because they have a quest that they're not fulfilling in a given lobby. It's full of samey Pulse Rifles which all play the same - Red Death is Niwen's is Villainy is _________.

For all the "variety" out there, PRs everywhere feels far less diverse than Thorn/TLW/Messenger/Hawkmoon/Red Death.

I agree 100% Thorn's DoT had to be fixed to prevent the double tap. I also agree 100% TLW getting 111s down sights was a game breaking bug. And I'm aware HCs in general had too much range. But they fucked with the accuracy, and ruined PvP, and ruined the game in doing so.

I respect you liking the current state better, but stop acting like people who think it's garbage are being crazy. It's just a matter of preference and while I don't share yours, I won't get all sarcastic asking you how in the world you can find the current balance better.

New maps being shit doesn't help much either. Something changed and while Destiny has been my go to multiplayer game for the last year, I have almost zero desire to play crucible nowadays.

The only issue I had with HoW Crucible was the HC dominance, but the drop rate was spot on (sometimes back to back legendaries, but also small streaks of nothing) and the maps were decent. Now we have a new PR meta which is just as bad as the HC were, but its combined with a broken drop rate on crucible rewards (and do exotics even drop in crucible? Never saw it happen in TTK) and worse map quality in general. As you said, the mark stuff is a huge problem too. I am also guilty of doing that as I don't like Rumble but I only play it for the free 15 marks and I abused it during my sword quest. I mean, why just not give a 10 mark daily login bonus? That way, you won't screw with mulitplayer events.

TTK was fun, but now that I have about everything and done everything you can do, I put it to rest already. I just noticed my Plus had expired last week already, nothing to play online at the mo.

Kyoufu

75jzJSl.gif

ocean

Banned
I don't think you're crazy for disliking the new meta, but for preferring the old one. I don't really get the pulse rifle hate in comparison to the old busted hand cannons. The time to kill on pulses is higher, so it got better in that regard. I do think the range is too good on pulses now and from a distance they should kill in 4 or 5 bursts, but OP is much more preferable to outright broken.

I'll have to disagree with you on the weapons part thing too. I had less than 100 weapon parts during the re-rolling days of HoW, and now I easily have over 1000. There were also plenty of non-PVP players going into crucible to get their beloved Thorn or Bad Juju. It's really not much different with the swords.

Also half of the problems you mention aren't even related to 2.0. Imagine hand cannons were never nerfed and everything was the same. Sunbreakers would still be powerful and the weapon drops would still be infrequent. I don't really get what you're asking to go back to. Would the PVP you mentioned with people playing just for marks, OP supers, and shitty drops be better if you added even more broken guns into the mix?

I don't really get it. Are you asking to go back to pre-TTK? Like, remove all the new supers and swords and shit from the game?
I'm not asking to go back to pre-TTK, that's impossible. I'm saying, given the choice, I'd pay US$100 to go back to that even if it meant losing all the cool stuff we've gotten with TTK.

My truly ideal scenario?

- Give Hand Cannons their accuracy back. Keep the range nerf and the TLW/Thorn/Hawkmoon fixes (ADS, 2 tap, 1 shot) which accentuated their bullshit. The ammo nerf was super rough for PvE but even that I'd accept if accuracy was returned.
- Keep Pulse Rifles as strong as they are but cut down the range. This would make Scouts more viable than they currently are and prevent that ridiculous flinch from messing snipers up across a map.
- Bring down Sunbreaker damage reduction down a bit, in line with other Supers (sniper headshot or GG = kill), and remove proximity detonation from the hammers (hit a target of you want the kill, having hammer land next to you = splash damage). It'd still be the strongest PvP super in the game, but not broken.
- Blanket nerf to Aim Assistance on snipers
- Stop fucking with shotgun perks and deal with the real issue: the archetype. High impact shotguns are the problem, not Shit Package or Rifled Barrel or Rangefinder. Limit shotguns to Invectice impact but with a better crit multiplier : one shot if you get a crit from up close, otherwise 2 shots or shotgun melee. Encourage those crits basically. This = less bullshit, and helps Sidearm / Fusions join the fray more viably.
- Make every PvP quest / bounty take place in the Daily or Weekly playlist to keep the rest clean and cut down on Rumble boosting or retard teammates rocking their sword hilts in Salvage if those aren't the daily modes.
- Penalty for quitting a matchmade activity or going AFK more than once in a day: progressively longer "cooldowns" on matchmaking again, starting at like 10 minutes and going higher if it's recurring behavior.
- Give NF the rep and/or XP buff back so they're worth running once you're high level and own all the Exotics. I miss my blue lights.
- Everyone who owns TTK owns all the DLC. Seize this lack of fragmentation! Even if they're old, put in the old strikes and PvP maps in the rotation. It'll feel less repetitive than it currently does.

That's my personal wish list. Probably not gonna happen. But oh well one can dream. As is? I still think PvP was way more fun than it is now. And the guys I used to play hours of PvP every day with mostly agree so I'm not alone in this.

And as much as I love swords and Bannerfall and Salvage being permanent... I'd literally pay money to go back to when I found PvP fun, even if it meant giving the cool new stuff up. It wasn't perfect, but I'd happily take the gripes I had then over the gripes I had now, all the while dreaming of that wish list I just typed up :p

Afrocious

This might sound like a copout of an opinion, but exotic quests blending doing PvE and PvP need to stick one one or the other. Nobody wants to run around Crucible swinging a hilt. It only risks harming the team.

Looking for 1 more for HM Oryx kill. Recommended light 310+.

1. Sleepy_Buddha
2. Duebrithil
3. LooneyLMD
4. hedera_
5. angry_eric
6. ?

Just imagine the amazing (lack of) loot waiting for us!

Alright third flawless down. Got a 316 HC which will be infused into my ToM and 310 Impossible Machines. Didn't enjoy Trials at all but did enjoy the company of the people.

MikeyMike

Just got 2 exotic engrams from the same mob (bunker boss)... the probability must be pretty low.

I'm thinking about doing flawless raider. Any tips on what would be the best loadout? I will be learning NM Crota since I've never been in there.

Purdy

Guys what is better destinylfg.net or .com?

Also if I'm looking for a group for taken war petra quest what would I search under? Other?

Top Bottom